Photo
- - - - -

Mass Effect 3 - Out Now with Full Game Trial for Plus! Multiplayer Acksun!

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#31 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

Add me for some multi. I see myself putting more time into the multi than I would have ever guessed

#32 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

if anyone has any problems with importing their character, here is a good Troubleshooting Guide
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#33 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

I wish the game showed differently in my friends list, shadow, I saw that you were playing, but all it says is 'Mass Effect 3'. It should denote whether you are playing single or multi. I don't want to interrupt someone's single player game.

#34 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

I wish the game showed differently in my friends list, shadow, I saw that you were playing, but all it says is 'Mass Effect 3'. It should denote whether you are playing single or multi. I don't want to interrupt someone's single player game.

I was wondering the same thing. I saw a few of my friends playing it but it didn't specify anything so I figured they were all paying single. Maybe they'll patch it because that's pretty dumb given all the FPS games even tell you what mode/map your friends are on

#35 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

The N7 ratings are vague but they do make a world of difference, when I was playing with a bunch of noobs I didn't notice they all had low ratings so we never survived Wave 10 because of that, looked at the ratings and they were all below 10. Played another match where it was better held together and most people had a rating above 20.

The one thing I do notice is people tend to get caught up in the last Wave killing enemies. Lost three Full Extraction bonuses because somebody(usually a Vanguard) had to be out killing people which is 15k points, a partial extraction it's only 5k points which is what you get when all but one team member is not in the extraction site. I've been guilty of it myself a few times, but it's so frustrating to know it's easy points thrown away.

On an unrelated note, Lift Grenades for my Asari Vanguard are awesome. Stasis seems to be the sucky Vanguard skill though. Skipped the Sticky Grenades on my Quarian Infiltrator though for all other maxed out skills.
Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Primer - Now with colors!
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#36 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

can you max out all stats on a character? or is there a limit/cap?

I'm 3-bar on everything for my Adept, don't know if I have to focus on a few skills or if there's a chance I can max all of them.

#37 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

can you max out all stats on a character? or is there a limit/cap?

I'm 3-bar on everything for my Adept, don't know if I have to focus on a few skills or if there's a chance I can max all of them.

Level 20 is the max with 83 points to spend where you want them(84 total), so it means some skills won't get maxed. If you ignore one set of powers you can max out all of the others at that expense or come to some kind of mix and balance however you want it. Weigh what you want but don't be scared if you screw up, once you hit L20 you can "Promote" that character and reset to L1 for that class to try it again. I don't know what effect it has on the game though other than resetting your class stuff.

I suggest using a Human if you're not sure about your Class build, since you have another spare Human to make "right". With me I'm going to Promote my Asari Vanguard and skip Stasis for the most part, I never use it and I can't redo her until L20.
"When I started racing my father told me, ‘Cristiano, nobody has three balls but some people have two very good ones'." – Cristiano Da Matta

"Any drunk can fall off a bar stool. It takes a real man to ride it all the way to the ground."

Referal for Dusk 514:

#38 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Add me for some multi. I see myself putting more time into the multi than I would have ever guessed

I've been getting a lot of friend requests from random ME3 people(non-CAGs), didn't realize you were one of them until I read the message after I declined. Sent you a FR.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#39 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

I can personally vouch for shadow-he's my cheeser neighbor.

#40 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

Think I might try and jump into the multiplayer this weekend. Any tips for someone jumping in now that some of you have your feet wet?

#41 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Think I might try and jump into the multiplayer this weekend. Any tips for someone jumping in now that some of you have your feet wet?

Try everything you want to try as a Human, gain your levels as a Human class so you don't accidentally screw up an unlocked class you can't redo until you hit L20. You have 2 Human slots for every class, use their variety to figure out what you like in each one.

Specialize early on, I can't stress that enough. Pick a skill you know you're going to use the full way through and max it out first.

For Human Infiltrators that means maxing out Cryo Blast quickly to make killing easier. If you Spec weapons on a Human Infiltrator with Cryo Blast you can OHK pretty much everything with a headshot except the harder armored targets(Brutes, Geth Prime, Banshee).

If you play a Vanguard skip Shockwave/Stasis as skills, you're not a ranged attacker and Shockwave and Stasis just give you cooldown times that prevent you from replenishing your barrier(Biotic Charge). Shockwave can Detonate Warp but it's not worth it when you Charge -> Nova -> Charge -> Nova a lot quicker. If you happen to get the Asari Vanguard Spec Biotic Charge as usual and Lift Grenades. 3 Lift Grenades can kill stupid amounts of enemies in close quarters. Vanguards spec Power and Force across the board, weapons bonuses aren't necessary. Power and Force Bonuses also come with a Weight bonus too. Keep the Vanguard light for fast recharges, it's a crackhead nuke class that means you will be pissing off your teammates and at the same time earning their respect if you stay alive/pull off insane stunts against the tougher bosses.

No idea on any of the other classes, I'm just unlocking their training to get the free levels and I'll try everything I can on the Human side before I decide.

I can personally vouch for shadow-he's my cheeser neighbor.

Dude you have no idea. Every time I start rocking this game, I get like 2-3 friend requests and I only want to keep it strictly to CAGs. My N7 score is like 88 or so, so that put me top 230 globally last night. Play a monstrous Vanguard(Asari or Human) and need to redo my Infiltrator class since I promoted my old Vanguard and Infiltrator classes for 10 extra N7 points each.

I'm looking forward to getting my Infiltrator back up there because my Quarian with the Mantis, fully bonused for the sniper rifle does extreme damage to the Geth Primes with headshots. Like 4-5 headshots for a kill. Even grinding Silver Geth challenges isn't bad with a single Quarian Infiltrator, as long as people keep their distance.

I can solo a Banshee with any Vanguard, the hard part is staying out of their instant death-grab-kill, usually they'll get me right before they die. Can definitely solo everything else to some extent or another, I get such a kick watching people plink away at Brutes and Banshee and I just light them up. I actually had people trying to kick me because I was playing a Vanguard, I outscored all of them combined and that was the end of that.

Edited by Mad39er, 09 March 2012 - 06:38 PM.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#42 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'll be on from around 7pm Central until around 8:30 playing ME3 multiplayer. Send me a psn message if you'd like an invite.

(I can finally put some serious time into this game. Finished my Chicago Fire preview, finished Game of Thrones Book 5 last night, working slowly thru season 1 blu ray.)

#43 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Mad - send me an invite tonight or I will fly out and hunt you down. ;)

#44 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Mad - send me an invite tonight or I will fly out and hunt you down. ;)

LOL, I didn't even see this until just now but we had an awesome run even after you left. Hito, Langdon and myself along with a random did a bunch of maps. It all went pretty smoothly, I think we could have grinded Silver Geth maps and been alright because the Bronze challenges were just too damned easy aside from the beginning where everybody was figuring things out.

Was great playing with you guys again, I could sit back and relax with the sniper rifle to some extent which was a relief, I watched as my damage numbers jumped every time I leveled up. Everybody helped and the communication was great.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#45 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

Mad- What changes with the Silver & Gold challenges?

agreed, the bronzes where getting easy. As long as you communicate, stay relatively close to each other and don't get flanked/cornered.

#46 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

Mad- What changes with the Silver & Gold challenges?

agreed, the bronzes where getting easy. As long as you communicate, stay relatively close to each other and don't get flanked/cornered.

Basically when going from Bronze to Silver...

• More enemies, higher ranked ones come out earlier. More "Mid-Boss" and "Boss" types per wave. Towards the end I was seeing 6-8 Geth Primes when doing Silver Geth with randoms.
  • Triple rewards, I think it's 45-50k Credits for completing Silver.
  • All health is not restored at the end of the wave, only 3 bars are. So if you're at 1 bar, you start the next with 4 instead of 5.
  • The High Priority Targets are all "Boss" enemies.
As for Gold, I've read it's basically twice as hard as Silver and with double the Silver rewards, so 85k Credits with the last wave giving 45k alone.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#47 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

It was fun. I think come that last match I was able to play that I really started to figure things out - well, and I had incinerate maxed out at that time. I think the only frustrating thing for me is sometimes I get lost trying to track everything. The grenades, those damn phantoms, and the geth primes. I vividly remember trying to bleed out once after either Langdon or Hito said "Evil - there is one behind you!" Yes there was, along with the one in front of me and the grenade at my feet that I missed coming in. :)

I do agree with Mad on focusing in on one skill. Learned that with the Engineer. Need to figure out what character design I am going to start with next.

#48 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

here is a good walkthrough for anyone thats stuck:

Mass Effect 3 Walktrhough
Playing:

#49 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

It was fun. I think come that last match I was able to play that I really started to figure things out - well, and I had incinerate maxed out at that time. I think the only frustrating thing for me is sometimes I get lost trying to track everything. The grenades, those damn phantoms, and the geth primes. I vividly remember trying to bleed out once after either Langdon or Hito said "Evil - there is one behind you!" Yes there was, along with the one in front of me and the grenade at my feet that I missed coming in. :)

I do agree with Mad on focusing in on one skill. Learned that with the Engineer. Need to figure out what character design I am going to start with next.

You guys came together like old Pros after figuring out the controls. Very little direction required and you all just got it. I much prefer that way, hate the competitive way CoD makes people feel bad if they under perform. Don't have to be a star, just level headed.

I'll be on after 7 EST if anybody is game.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#50 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

I wish there was a way to trade cards (yes, too much FIFA). Right now, I don't really care about Assault rifle or shotgun upgrades, I just want more options for my pistol. I only roll with 1 gun. It halves my power recharge time.

#51 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:59 AM

Was fun guys. Had the kids eating dinner, lights on (projector for TV), etc. Wasn't doing so well but still fun. Gonna get on later so add me if you haven't yet.

Gonna quit saving up for the 60 boxes and try to get some of the cheesier ones to unlock races. Haven't received a gun I really like yet from the box boxes :(

#52 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

I'm really enjoying the multiplayer. more than i thought i would. Right now playing Adept b/c the full power singularity/warp combo is one of my favorite things in the game.
rocking an AR and a SMG for now, but will scale back to SMG/pistol (or maybe just 1) as i get my biotics leveled up.

#53 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Two things to note from playing my Infiltrator, it's minor. That Adapt vibrator power that makes the whomp whomp whomp, it screws up my ability to aim if it's done near me, my crosshairs will jump all over the place to the point where I can't take a shot reliably for 3 seconds. That and occasionally I notice people run into my line of fire when I'm sniping, like directly in front of me. You can't shoot through your teammates, so if that headshot you lined up suddenly gets caught by a teammate, that's what happened.

Figure I'll post up my Infiltrator build for evil since he's trying them out along with my tactics.
Human
Tac Cloak 6(Damage Bonus, Recharge and Sniper Bonus)
Cryo Blast 6(Impact Radius, Damage Bonus, Damage Bonus)
Sticky Grenades 0
Alliance Training 6(Weapon Damage, Headshot Damage, Weapon Damage)
Fitness 6(Shields all the way)

Three ways I've played this class and mostly it changes based on what Sniper Rifle I'm using.

• Using the Mantis it's all about Tac Cloak and Headshots for the big damage. For me right now the Mantis will One Hit Kill bodyshot most unarmored targets. Headshots on Shielded small targets are One Hit Kills. Downside is the Mantis is SLOW. Less kills per game but you can put down huge damage to a single target.
  • Using the Viper it's Cryo Blast and Headshot the frozen targets since it has faster rate of fire but Cryo Blast the Armored Targets since it has less damage. Viper is still strong enough to kill frozen targets with a headshot, 2-3 bodyshots max. Tac Cloak to take out the Armored Targets and keep firing after the cloak is down until it cools down again. More reliable kills with a lot more room for error, allows more mid-range fighting, don't need to swap as much. Balance of 1 and 3.
  • Using the Raptor it's Cryo Blast and unload on everything, headshots priority but the gun is more like an assault rifle with a high capacity. Since the Raptor does less damage Headshots are high priority. Freeze and shoot, always moving, less sniping more shooting. High capacity - you can use this as the only gun and rarely run out of ammo.
Why I skip Sticky Grenades:

• Their radius sucks, you must stick a target. You can freeze them and then stick but you might as well just shoot them.
  • You can't max out all the other skills without skipping Sticky Grenades.
  • Mantis Rifle with Tac Cloak does as much, if not more damage than 2-3 Sticky Grenades.
  • Sticky Grenades need to be refilled, if somebody else is using Grenades on your team, you need to get to an ammo box before they do.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#54 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Taken from the 360 thread.

all items available from mp card packs and their rarity level

Spoiler

Referal for Dusk 514:

#55 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

I love the story mode. I love the multiplayer and how it affects the galaxy at war ratings. I hate the stupid glitches, freezes (happened twice so far) and frame rate drops. I was planning on selling the game once I beat it but I'll be keeping it for the multiplayer.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#56 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:18 AM

Okay, I've tried the Turian Soldier class and it's really not for me. The Turian Soldier in MP gets Marksman which ups his accuracy and rate of fire. While that's great, don't pick a semi-auto assault rifle to use it on. The Turian also can't dodge, I guess that giant hump on their back prevents them from rolling like a pro and are limited to taking cover. Maybe the Human version will provide me with more killing-it-deadness.

The Falcon grenade launcher assault rifle is also very lack luster. Not worth the weight or the rarity, low capacity junk that always runs out of ammo.

Referal for Dusk 514:

#57 KB24

KB24

Strong Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

Hey if anybody wants to party up and play gold I have A Damage focused Infiltrator/Widow Class and a Asari Vanguard/Stasis Bubble both maxed and I can play the role pretty good with both classes.

5r8h3bp.gif

578ad03c0ad2df0fd38c01d22c5f5d88_0cdf051

#58 KB24

KB24

Strong Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

If you play a Vanguard skip Shockwave/Stasis as skills, you're not a ranged attacker and Shockwave and Stasis just give you cooldown times that prevent you from replenishing your barrier(Biotic Charge). Shockwave can Detonate Warp but it's not worth it when you Charge -> Nova -> Charge -> Nova a lot quicker. If you happen to get the Asari Vanguard Spec Biotic Charge as usual and Lift Grenades. 3 Lift Grenades can kill stupid amounts of enemies in close quarters. Vanguards spec Power and Force across the board, weapons bonuses aren't necessary. Power and Force Bonuses also come with a Weight bonus too. Keep the Vanguard light for fast recharges, it's a crackhead nuke class that means you will be pissing off your teammates and at the same time earning their respect if you stay alive/pull off insane stunts against the tougher bosses.

I stopped reading there. Stasis Bubble is the most needed ability in GOLD. Also Cryo blast is useless in GOLD for infi, u need max weapon damage n power duration. Vanguards are not needed in GOLD challenges they will die spamming Charge/Nova and it will leave ur team handicapped. Unless you're talking about Bronze then you can use basically anything. You need a good Adept/Asari with Stasis bubble, Infi, Soldiers and engineer to get pass the higher levels. Its fun using Vanguard in bronze though or Vs Cerberus or maybe Geth in some silver matches.

Bronze-You should use this for ranking up your character easy 15k
Silver-Quick cash relatively easy 30-40k for beating it
Gold-The real challenge is here, its only fun when playing with people who do their roles correctly. if you last pass round 8 you're guranteed 50k pass 9 its 60k, 10 70 and if you beat it you get around 85-90k.

Edited by Brainberry, 18 March 2012 - 10:50 PM.

5r8h3bp.gif

578ad03c0ad2df0fd38c01d22c5f5d88_0cdf051

#59 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

(SPOILERS)

List of Mass Effect 3 Endings
Playing:

#60 Mad39er

Mad39er

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

I stopped reading there. Stasis Bubble is the most needed ability in GOLD. Also Cryo blast is useless in GOLD for infi, u need max weapon damage n power duration. Vanguards are not needed in GOLD challenges they will die spamming Charge/Nova and it will leave ur team handicapped. Unless you're talking about Bronze then you can use basically anything. You need a good Adept/Asari with Stasis bubble, Infi, Soldiers and engineer to get pass the higher levels. Its fun using Vanguard in bronze though or Vs Cerberus or maybe Geth in some silver matches.

Bronze-You should use this for ranking up your character easy 15k
Silver-Quick cash relatively easy 30-40k for beating it
Gold-The real challenge is here, its only fun when playing with people who do their roles correctly. if you last pass round 8 you're guranteed 50k pass 9 its 60k, 10 70 and if you beat it you get around 85-90k.

Right now unless people come together in this thread, there is no point in pursuing Gold level challenges unless they have their own sets of friends to play. At least on the PSN side. The 360 thread has more Gold talk and play.

Referal for Dusk 514: