FGT XXI is finally old enough to drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
3928092578_89be205e72.jpg

OH LAWD

fuck... my SFxT comes in on Friday :(

that's not too bad actually since I have Journey and ME3 to get through and I know I wouldn't play them if I had SFxT in house.

Man, seeing akira in DoA5 makes me want Fighter Megamix badly. a new one though.

[quote name='IanKazimer']I hate what they did to Bryan. He looks so goofy :([/QUOTE]

I first was bothered by it, but I'll get use to it. I just see SFxT versions of Tekken characters as amplified characatchures (cant spell).

This version of bryan reminds me alot of Yamazaki though. Depending on how he plays, team might be Rolent/Bryan ... team crazy

that doa5 trailer...

i see they've grown tired of being a half assed clone of VF so they went the whole way!

[quote name='asianxcore']GG's to Guardian tonight in UMVC3.

Your team is begging for a projectile assist.[/QUOTE]

GG's, man! Thanks for the matches. I've been playing mostly BlazBlue lately, but Final Round got me hyped to play a little UMvC3.

I totally agree on the projectile assist. I think it would really help my approach options, but I'm just stubborn with my team composition. I love all three characters. Maybe I'll work on a subteam and rearrange some stuff.

speakin of SFXT I gotta SFXT poster I dont want.

signed by Yoshinono Ono!

does any1 want it?!?! if u guys hold a tournament I'll give it to the winner!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']SFxT plays so weird[/QUOTE]

Haha I hope I get used to it. The one game I got to play last night at a local session, I picked Lili/Rolento, since I played them in their respective games (Rolento in A2/A3, CVS2), and Lili felt so weird.

[quote name='GuardianE']GG's, man! Thanks for the matches. I've been playing mostly BlazBlue lately, but Final Round got me hyped to play a little UMvC3.

I totally agree on the projectile assist. I think it would really help my approach options, but I'm just stubborn with my team composition. I love all three characters. Maybe I'll work on a subteam and rearrange some stuff.[/QUOTE]

Definitely noticed the playing Blazblue part :)

I would change that reset you do with Wesker/Morrigan, it's too easy to get out of and puts you at a really bad position if someone does get out of it.

Having a Neutral Assist would be great obviously. I felt that so many times the team couldn't get in unless I came to you or you took the risk and went in anyway. Minus the Dante/Wesker unblockable, without a Neutral Assist, I felt like I could block your team pretty honestly. With a Neutral Assist, it would be a completely different story.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']SFxT plays so weird[/QUOTE]

4realz.

Cammy feels like molasses compared to her previous versions, but it looks like she has more mixup potential. Still have to explore more characters.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']SF x T tomorrow for me.

Hype.

Hugo/Raven.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know you liked Wesley Snipes, mang.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']4realz.

Cammy feels like molasses compared to her previous versions, but it looks like she has more mixup potential. Still have to explore more characters.[/QUOTE]

Same with Bison.

s.HK was still a great Anti-Air/Poke, but his walk speed is meh and they nerfed Scissor Pressure.

-Rolento's s.LP seems like a really good poke/Counter Hit Setup into various BnBs. I haven't seen any frame data on it but it seems relatively safe. I'll have to look more into it. Max range j.HP links into s.LP which is pretty fun.

-Even though it's Day 1, Ryu seems very solid. Good damage, good block strings, good air-to-air normals, etc.

-Juri is ridiculous. The game system being without FADC definitely helped her get the most of of Fireball Hit Confirms.

-Being able to EX + Super Arts without Meter is way lame.

Probably won't get another chance to practice until maybe Thursday night? Busy with work/school this week.

hey they didn't nerf anything, this ain't sf4 =)

can't wait to pick up the game and get into this weekend. perhaps i'll make another stint in the fighting game circuit.

[quote name='kainzero']hey they didn't nerf anything, this ain't sf4 =)

can't wait to pick up the game and get into this weekend. perhaps i'll make another stint in the fighting game circuit.[/QUOTE]

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition x Tekken

Apparently Bison's LK Scissors are only -1/-2 on Block, which is strange because I kept getting punished for doing it against a friend of mine. Then again it was online and frame data makes no sense there.

[quote name='kainzero']so who's on 360? just me and jim and actioncore?

well at least we all know where all the skilled players are going.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Played some more. I agree with what you said about Ryukyu, he seems really well rounded.

Raven seems sucky but then again I'm pretty terrible at the game.

Paul is fun.

Thanks to Prizelogic and Best Buy, I managed to offset the cost of a Hori Soulcalibur V stick enough to justify the purchase. It arrives today, I can't wait (a lot because it's a non Mad Catz stick, but also because I've been wanting a new stick for a while anyway).

Meanwhile, SFxT is incredibly whack to play. These free juggles with tight timing are kind of beyond my experience with fighting games, so I'm trying to learn them from scratch and it's hard. The idea of Rufus being able to do lk > f.hk twice in a row boggles my mind.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Really enjoying Kazyua's game, not sure who I'll main as a tag though. Just using Chun for familiarity's sake.[/QUOTE]

Practice up that EWGF!

[quote name='AkariK']
Meanwhile, SFxT is incredibly whack to play. These free juggles with tight timing are kind of beyond my experience with fighting games, so I'm trying to learn them from scratch and it's hard. The idea of Rufus being able to do lk > f.hk twice in a row boggles my mind.[/QUOTE]

Whack because it's beyond your execution?

My execution is fine, I just can't see the juggle states and capitalize. It's basically like Guilty Gear AC when they added the OTG combos which completely revamped the combo system, or BBCS 1.03 where a lot of people's BnB got completely changed. That's learning from scratch in my eyes.

Basically, the concept of an anti-air shoryu leading into another shoryu, which then leads into a ground normal and a combo ender is just wild in my eyes. I think that kind of stuff was used a lot in KOF, but I never played those.

Thanks for the cheap jab though.

[quote name='AkariK']My execution is fine, I just can't see the juggle states and capitalize.[/QUOTE]
then by definition your execution isn't fine at all...

but yea, practicing combos and being able to see things like that is boring. i always hated learning a guilty gear-type game because i'd have to spend a week getting adjusted to doing the combos and getting max damage off each opportunity

and then gg-patches/expansions change everything too, so you have to relearn the game, meh...

at least most of the stuff in the SF series that's patched is never completely new, sakura's had her tatsu loops since sf4 cs.

[quote name='kainzero']then by definition your execution isn't fine at all...
[/QUOTE]

Eh, no. I can do basic stuff into EXes with juggles just fine. I just can't do anything more advanced because I have no idea what the game is capable of. I tried out Ryu's trials and some of that stuff is impossible to see. Midscreen lk tatsu, catch them with a c.mk into more hits, yet c.hk doesn't work (a la Akuma)? And then the c.mk only seems to hit at midscreen (at least, I couldn't get it working in the corner in the trial).

Am I going about it all wrong and all these juggle combos are already documented everywhere? Or am I at least justified in being mind boggled at seeing these new extended combos? I know for sure I was blown away watching early combo videos for GGXXAC and BBCSII/EX because it was new mechanics and combos that I immediately wanted to try to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back