MLB 12: The Show PS3 + Vita versions $20 OFF ($80 Total for both) *Finally!!!*

Thanks. Just ordered mine.
goi

So I'm guessing using the save files between the ps3 and vita will require Plus, if so don't really want to get two of the same games and can't use the same saves.

[quote name='Bioterror']So I'm guessing using the save files between the ps3 and vita will require Plus, if so don't really want to get two of the same games and can't use the same saves.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't require PS Plus.

Was waiting for this to happen (and fully expected it to). Kept checking every hour or so online since Friday.

My fallback plan was to buy the 2 of them at Best Buy at midnight Monday/Tuesday morning.

Now that Amazon is doing it (the same as everyone else), I am getting MLB 12 for the PS3 and the Vita for around $58 ($60 for PS3, $20 for Vita after combo purchase and after $20 coupon code for buying my Vita through Amazon) - essentially getting the Vita version for free and paying less for both of them than I would just for the PS3 version at retail.

I am SUPER looking forward to playing this game on the Vita. MLB 10 for the PSP is by far my most played game on any system (not including Civ 4 on the pc). I'll be pretty much playing Franchise mode on the Vita almost entirely (whilst I watch baseball games on the tv!) and playing online on the PS3 version.

Here's to hoping Diamond Dynasty mode is as amazing as it sounds and that next year they allow you to play exhibition dynasty games against your friends online.

P.S. - this game is coming out at the PERFECT time. I've got a roughly 6 hour car ride on Friday morning and then back home on Sunday morning where I am going to be playing the ish out of this game.

Double P.S. - I am LOVING my Vita so far. Between MLB 12, Uncharted, and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (which, honestly, is the most fun I've had playing a video game in quite some time), I am getting my money's worth for the year easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DinosaurJr']Thanks. Canceling the newegg preorder and picking this up.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. With tax on Amazon in my state, I'm not getting quite as good a deal. But the release day shipping makes this a no brainer.

I've been GM'ing MLB 11 The Show on my PSP while I wait for BOTH of these titles to be released. Can't wait!!! :)

[quote name='Bioterror']Will we get two sets of trophies or just one?[/QUOTE]

I see absolutely no reason why it wouldn't be 2 sets of trophies.

2 Entirely different games on 2 different systems.

[quote name='kwick7']I see absolutely no reason why it wouldn't be 2 sets of trophies.

2 Entirely different games on 2 different systems.[/QUOTE]

I believe some modes are exclusive to the PS3 version, so yeah, probably separate lists.

Meh, not as great as they and u guys make it out to be; last year mlb 2011 by itself was $20 off. This is basically saying "same discount as last time but the vita version is full price AND you have to buy it"

Man you guys are suckers.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Meh, not as great as they and u guys make it out to be; last year mlb 2011 by itself was $20 off. This is basically saying "same discount as last time but the vita version is full price AND you have to buy it"

Man you guys are suckers.[/QUOTE]

It was $20 off at launch?

[quote name='JG5253']It was $20 off at launch?[/QUOTE]

I think he's thinking of the one day Modells glitch last year.

[quote name='JG5253']It was $20 off at launch?[/QUOTE]

Not literally; it did come with a $20 credit which imo is the same difference

Yes amazon did a $39.99 lightning deal like a week after launch last year. On the trophies, this year they've removed all the rtts and franchise ones to prevent doubling up.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Not literally; it did come with a $20 credit which imo is the same difference[/QUOTE]
There was no $20 Amazon credit with MLB the Show 11 last year. The only bonus Amazon gave was the mlb.tv offer offered everywhere (free first month, worth $25), and the fact that their pre-order price was $57.99

[quote name='TheBigHouse']There was no $20 Amazon credit with MLB the Show 11 last year. The only bonus Amazon gave was the mlb.tv offer offered everywhere (free first month, worth $25), and the fact that their pre-order price was $57.99[/QUOTE]

This is true. Maybe youre Remembering MLB 2k12 had a fat credit at launch and a price drop post release.

bread's done
Back