Photo
- - - - -

Updated -- Free Assassins Creed III Steelbook With Pre-Order (GS, BB, Amazon)

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#121 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

You can't price match Black Friday pricing at Best Buy, not sure if you can anywhere for what matter. If you can, then people will buy weeks in advance based on leaked deal info and just go in for a PM.

My local Best Buy has let me PM Black Friday deals for years, going as far back as when I used to work there in 2000-ish.

Every year I do exactly what you are warning against. I go in on Tuesday or Wednesday pick up what I want then price match sometime on Friday afternoon. A few years ago I made out huge, got over $2000 refunded to me.

The only price match limitation I've ever run into is on the door buster items which they won't PM at all. Granted, a new release like that may end up as a DB item rather than part of the overall BF sale.

#122 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Gonna head out this morning and see if my Best Buy has any of these Steelbooks.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#123 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Gonna head out this morning and see if my Best Buy has any of these Steelbooks.

They should. I was told they would start selling them this morning.

#124 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

Awesome stuff. Gonna go out after class this morning, try getting one of these, batman and rage. ::Crosses fingers::

#125 JimmyBagODonuts

JimmyBagODonuts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

i'll be picking this up tomorrow with my copy of Mass Effect... sweet day ahead of me...

#126 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Apepars in the description online now

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#127 SlaughterX

SlaughterX

Teh Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Just another reason to go to BB on Tuesday.
"Member of the most player hated race who made this invaded place and stayed it with a straight face..." - MF DOOM

#128 GamesAreCool

GamesAreCool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

I'm at my Best Buy and they just put them in the gaming department.

#129 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'll take "He's an Idiot for $100."

No offense, but people pointing fingers at other people are the idiots. Just because someone paid a premium for something you can get cheap it doesn't mean you're the smart one. If you're so smart why don't you have the kind of money like the "idiots" do? Why so many CAGs flipping pennies/petty dollars here? Is it really smart or stupid? People paying premiums for stuff (like CAGs paying for Apple products) are getting values in other areas. Just be blessed that there are people out there make you happy (like paying $40 for your $5 copy of this steelbook case).

#130 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

No offense, but people pointing fingers at other people are the idiots. Just because someone paid a premium for something you can get cheap it doesn't mean you're the smart one. If you're so smart why don't you have the kind of money like the "idiots" do? Why so many CAGs flipping pennies/petty dollars here? Is it really smart or stupid? People paying premiums for stuff (like CAGs paying for Apple products) are getting values in other areas. Just be blessed that there are people out there make you happy (like paying $40 for your $5 copy of this steelbook case).

was it you that bought it? lol ouch

#131 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

They should. I was told they would start selling them this morning.

I got yesterday at my local BB. The cover looks awesome.

#132 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for the info going to pick this up with my ME3 tomorrow.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#133 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

I hope these don't go too fast or something, so I can just grab one when I pick up my ME3 preorder... my store doesn't seem to have much preorder traffic... guy even offered the ME3 collectors edition for preorder the other day (at least he thought he could). In retrospect I probably should have taken him up on that...
FadeToOne.png

#134 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hopefully they'll still have them will try to go today.

#135 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

was it you that bought it? lol ouch

Thanks for the sarcasm, but no... I'm just pointing out that people are being so ungrateful these days. I would never call my customers "idiots." I call them people with good taste, thanks for their business.

#136 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

I admit they are not wise with their money, but it's because of people that pay the premium price that us cheap customers can benefit.

For example, if a store has 100 units of a game that they paid $20 for and they sell 50 of them for $60 they spent $2,000 to get them and made $3,000 on just those 50 games. They then put the game on sale for $30 which is when we buy it. The store sells the other 50 units for a total of only $1,500, making the total sales for all 100 units $4,500 which is more then double their investment, not bad if you ask me. But if they sold all 100 units at $30 it's a meager $1,000 profit, not enough to pay off the expenses involved in getting/stocking/selling said game.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#137 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

I so want one of these, but can't get one until next week! I wonder if there will be any pre-order dlc bonus for pre-ordering with Best Buy. I kind of wish this was available at Gamestop because the Best Buy near me closed.

#138 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Going to check to see if I can pick up one of each later today.

#139 kramer0731

kramer0731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

I got yesterday at my local BB. The cover looks awesome.

Am I the only one having problems? I preordered the game just this morning when my BB opened, but the guy at the game counter insisted "you'll get the preorder bonus when the game arrives." I went back and forth with him on this but he simply wouldn't listen.... very frustrating.

To be clear: the steelbook is a preorder bonus ONLY and should be in stores RIGHT NOW, right? (Yes, I read the thread, just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding).

Thanks in advance for any help -
My guide trade list can be found here:

http://www.cheapassg...5&postcount=136

#140 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

I wish they made a smaller, and thicker, steelbook that matches blu-ray cases.
Posted Image

#141 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

From my experiences from pre-ordering from Best Buy, the steelbooks should be on the shelves. You pick them up and buy them. At the same time, you're pre-ordering a copy. They get your info, and you keep that receipt until the game/movie comes out. Once it comes out, you bring that receipt and you pay the remaining amount.

#142 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

From experience, whatever doesn't sell at BB, the preselling dvd/bd cases, they will penny them out. The BD sized steelbook cases usually all gone by then, but for the DVD sized ones you have higher chances... If I see one at the BB store I probably going to get it, but I don't really care though. Cool swag, but it's $5 and the game will be cheaper enough...

#143 Lord Chabelo

Lord Chabelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Did not see them at BB this morning
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#144 Stoic Person Eater

Stoic Person Eater

Murder City Pandas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

Where do I preorder the game in the store? Just go to a register?

#145 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

You bring that steelbook up to the register.

#146 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Didn't see any at my BestBuy either this morning. Check your Gamestops though, they're getting them.

Hir7Lx6.gif

#147 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

The Best Buys I visited did not have them out on the shelves. You have to ask for them. They keep them in a box under the counter. So if you don't see them, ask.

The case is freakin amazing. Best pre-order bonus ever.

#148 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

Gamestop should be getting them today or tomorrow, one of my Gamestops has them already.

Hir7Lx6.gif

#149 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Gamestop should be getting them today or tomorrow, one of my Gamestops has them already.

Looks like mine didn't have them in today.
just called them, i'll check back in tomorrow.

Gamestop is WAY closer to me than best buy.

Actually my gamestop gets their packages later in the day, since i'm going to the midnight I might try again.
Possible they'll have them in by then.

#150 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

It's kinda funny cause I'm calling everywhere and all of the employees are clueless about the Steelbook, I wish they hired real gamers for this kind of stuff.

Hir7Lx6.gif