Photo
- - - - -

Updated -- Free Assassins Creed III Steelbook With Pre-Order (GS, BB, Amazon)

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#151 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

It's kinda funny cause I'm calling everywhere and all of the employees are clueless about the Steelbook, I wish they hired real gamers for this kind of stuff.

LOL so true, more often than not that's the case.
To many times have i asked about something and the employees don't have a clue that it started or was available.

Can't complete blame them though, sometimes corporate emails are really slow.

#152 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

LOL so true, more often than not that's the case.
To many times have i asked about something and the employees don't have a clue that it started or was available.

Can't complete blame them though, sometimes corporate emails are really slow.

I don't even keep up with Assassin's Creed stuff and I know about it.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#153 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

It's kinda funny cause I'm calling everywhere and all of the employees are clueless about the Steelbook, I wish they hired real gamers for this kind of stuff.

lol the problem is that the majority of real gamers would rather be gaming than working at best buy.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#154 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

Fuck yea, so getting that. thanks OP
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#155 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

my local BB had a huge display with about 50 or so steels

#156 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Amazon is offering the Steel Book now.
If I were you i'd preorder a copy from them now, just in case you aren't able to find one.

That's one i'm doing.

#157 Frosty The Batman

Frosty The Batman

Luv that dirty water

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

I went to the Best Buy I used to work at and bought the one and only case they received. What's the deal with that?

6041.png

#158 junkie88

junkie88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

Went to my BB and they had none out, asked the guy working in games, he had no clue but he went in the back to look. He came back with a whole display and set it up, just wanted to point out that the offer is only good through 3/17 and the store didnt have a ton only enough to fill the display

#159 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

can you cancel a pre-order? and get the case for free?
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#160 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

Interesting... does Best Buy and other b&m retailers do promos like this often where they give you a special case up front?

Would be nice if Amazon gets some nice exclusives for AC3, but I'm not holding my breath. Unless there's some really crazy awesome b&m exclusives, I'll stick to buying online like I usually do.

#161 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

amazon is offering the steelbook as well.

Interesting... does Best Buy and other b&m retailers do promos like this often where they give you a special case up front?

Would be nice if Amazon gets some nice exclusives for AC3, but I'm not holding my breath. Unless there's some really crazy awesome b&m exclusives, I'll stick to buying online like I usually do.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#162 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

Yeah but you don't get it until launch.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#163 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

usually only BB does this in advance. Blu-rays usually. worth the $5 for the steelbook imo.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#164 Stoic Person Eater

Stoic Person Eater

Murder City Pandas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

I went to BB, they hadn't received them yet - the guy said he'd give me a call when they get them in, but in reality, I am going to call him each day until they get in.

I'll probably order another copy as a gift or trade bait, just to get another case.

#165 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Amazon is offering the Steel Book now.
If I were you i'd preorder a copy from them now, just in case you aren't able to find one.

That's one i'm doing.

Thanks for the heads up. I pre-ordered as well incase I have no luck at BB later.

#166 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Yeah but you don't get it until launch.

I can wait, and actually don't care much about the steelbook. I am interested to find out if and what they will include with an LE.

#167 CoruptAI125

CoruptAI125

Subs B4 Dubs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

I just added the pre-order to my cart on BB.com and then removed the game from the cart and was able to just purchase the SteelBook for 5.00 flat w/free shipping. I really hope it goes through, if so it might be a good way to get one without having to pre-order the game.

#168 Stoic Person Eater

Stoic Person Eater

Murder City Pandas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

Ah shit.

#169 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Not for games, they steer away from up front items.

Btw my local store had a display setup for these SBs, so local store's gaming department should at least be aware of the promo. The back of the SB has a pamphlet stating the conditions and it specifically states " the $5 is for the game itself." it even states MSRP is $59.99 - $5 preorder = $54.99 at time of purchase. Of course with legal talk saying MSRP may change.

The receipt doesn't list the SB, so dont be a douche and return the preorder and keep the case. Just consider it being $5 for a SB that would otherwise retail for $20+.

BTW this steelbook is AWESOME!!! Good quality and one of the better SB art I have seen

#170 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

The Paramus, NJ GSP BB is selling it already if any nearby CAG is interested.

lol, nice to know there is a fellow CAG in my area, I frequent this one and the rt17 north store. If u go to the 17n store, watch out for a fat ass customer service guy, marc I think, major, major asshole.

#171 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

Nice, I checked last night when I saw this thread but they didn't have anything about it then. Thanks for the update!

#172 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

The Paramus, NJ GSP BB is selling it already if any nearby CAG is interested.

They officially should be giving out the preorder bonus as of today, because they updated their preorder kiosk systems last night. If you go to the preorder kiosk it will have the preorder bonus listed in there stating you will get the SB today.

Also most stores were sent out promotional signage/displays for the SBs, as such they were SUPPOSED to be set up for today. They are pushing this for the ME3 buyers, which I have to say I like. Great business concept. "Hey preorder here today and you WALK OUT with this awesome Steelbook. No waiting like Amazon. No hoping like GS. Just instant satisfaction,"

#173 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Got mine this morning. My bb had a big ass display for them with around 50 copies on it.

#174 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Got mine today Posted Image

#175 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

lol, nice to know there is a fellow CAG in my area, I frequent this one and the rt17 north store. If u go to the 17n store, watch out for a fat ass customer service guy, marc I think, major, major asshole.

I don't regularly frequent Jersey but I was in the neighborhood for a Sonic run ;)

I'll make sure to avoid that douche when I'm in the area again.

#176 itzd4n

itzd4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

so I went in to my local BB today trying to get the steel book. guy I talked to said yes when I asked him if I would be getting the steelbook right now if I did the preorder. after I paid and didn't get it, I went back and asked him what's going on and he tells me I get it when I come back to pick up the game..very annoyed I just said okay and left. so now my question is, can I take my receipt to another BB that has it and get the steelbook or will I have to do another preorder cause I really want to have this now. if any fellow cag can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

btw thanks op

#177 Illmatic73

Illmatic73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

Here is the direct link to the steelbook at BB:

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218558348493

I do not know if anyone has posted this but there might be someone who cannot make it Best Buy.

#178 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

The real link is here. Hover over the picture and it says you get it when you preorder.

http://www.bestbuy.c...es&nrp=15&iht=n

#179 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

I do not know if anyone has posted this but there might be someone who cannot make it Best Buy.

So it looks like thry will ship it for free then. Also no difference for PS3 and 360?
Posted Image

#180 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

Thanks. Just ordered one and waiting to see if they will send confirmation without having to buy the game. Saves me a trip and I'm willing to bet I can find a better deal on the price of the game.