Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/4/12 to 3/10/12)

• Please log in to reply
382 replies to this topic

#361 AT7Vette

AT7Vette

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Went to my local Toys R Us to pick up Unit 13 and MLB 12... didnt have any out and they checked the shipments they received and nada... checked there web and shows in stock 3/8... anyone see these in store (i know BBY has it)

Also went to my local toys r us to pick up unit 13, same thing...no luck.

#362 SangYuP

SangYuP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

I just got back from toys r us to buy Mass Effect 3 but did not get the $10 gift card. Of course the store didn't have the weekly ad so I couldn't confirm. I can't seem to find the weekly ad on the toysrus.com site for this week that mentions the $10 gift card for mass effect. Can someone point me in the right direction so I can go back and get my gift card?

#363 Chin35char

Chin35char

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

I work at Toys R Us in the Electronic Department. I can confirm that BOGO and the 10 dollar gift cards for Mass Effect 3/MLB 2K12 are only for certain districts. These deals don't work in my district. I didn't get the 10 dollar gift card either.

#364 bellenoire2005

bellenoire2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

Noob question here ... How does the 40% trade-in bonus work for MLB the show? Do I have to trade in the games and purchase simultaneously? Does the credit instantly go towards purchase of the game? And finally, does the Unlocked 10% bonus stack onto the 40% (thus making it 50%)?

#365 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

Noob question here ... How does the 40% trade-in bonus work for MLB the show?

Bring in the games, get your credit, buy your game.

Do I have to trade in the games and purchase simultaneously?

Typically yes. I say typically because it all depends on the employee you deal with.

Does the credit instantly go towards purchase of the game?

It is a seperate transaction and goes on a "trade-in" card (think Gamestop).

And finally, does the Unlocked 10% bonus stack onto the 40% (thus making it 50%)?

Of course it stacks! That is the benefit from being unlocked.

#366 bellenoire2005

bellenoire2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:05 AM

Thanks lordopus99!

#367 McCHitman

McCHitman

Reigning Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

I picked up Arkham City for 360 this morning. I thought I had a $10 certificate for Best Buy (Premium Silver member), turns out I had $30 worth! I got Arkham City and a Smores candy bar for $2.01. Great day it was.

#368 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

I picked up Arkham City for 360 this morning. I thought I had a $10 certificate for Best Buy (Premium Silver member), turns out I had $30 worth! I got Arkham City and a Smores candy bar for $2.01. Great day it was.

Why didn't you grab the mag and get the game for $10!?

#369 JawnMan

JawnMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

I just got back from toys r us to buy Mass Effect 3 but did not get the $10 gift card. Of course the store didn't have the weekly ad so I couldn't confirm. I can't seem to find the weekly ad on the toysrus.com site for this week that mentions the $10 gift card for mass effect. Can someone point me in the right direction so I can go back and get my gift card?

Similar thing happened to me. I wanted to jump on the BOGO Vita games deals. The lady at the counter hadn't heard of the deal. She rang up two games and the system didn't apply the discount. I tried looking for the ad online and in-store and no luck.

Luckily she price-matched after I showed her that the deal was available on the TRU website. This may be YMMV though. I live in Philadelphia.

Edited by JawnMan, 08 March 2012 - 02:51 PM.

Playing:

:ds: - Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth
:psp: - LittleBigPlanet, Pinball Arcade
:ps3: - Enchanted Arms
:pc: - Inversion, Civilization V

Posted Image

#370 narmstrong79

narmstrong79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

[preview]

:3ds::psp:
Buy Nintendo 3DS System ($169.99) OR PS Vita 3G System ($299.99), get $25 gift card

???????
What am I missing - I don't see the $25 GC online, or in a flyer and the guy at the store have no idea what I'm talking about. I was going to pick up a Vita

Edited by narmstrong79, 07 March 2012 - 11:13 PM.

#371 damnfool88

damnfool88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:17 AM

???????
What am I missing - I don't see the $25 GC online, or in a flyer and the guy at the store have no idea what I'm talking about. I was going to pick up a Vita

I had the same problem last night! i got lucky and found the ad on there website at the last min cause i was about to give up. He had to price down the vita to $275 and add on a $25.00 GC purchase. Cause there system doesn't bring up the deal at all and theres no way he could of just toss in the card

#372 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:42 AM

I wish there was a Toys R US near me. Almost 10 dollars in shipping kills that deal for me since they aren't Shoprunner eligible.

I'll just use the $10 off gamestop coupon instead , I really wanted Ninja Gaiden though.

#373 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

I would pay real money if the get Mlb and the unit vita in stock this week. Whats up with that? I don't understand why launch game stock is so low? dag there just memcards.

#374 feeter277

feeter277

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Toys R Us is getting to me this week... now they say Unit 13 and MLB 12 are not sold in stores... Im guessing they are waiting for the sale to end and then ship them to stores

#375 omegafinal

omegafinal

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

I wish I could order Resident Evil and Metal Gear 3D online, then choose store pick up at TRU (the one I go to just mentioned the deal is only online, so yeah.), but for some reason, Metal Gear isn't eligible even though it's already released. Might choose Tekken instead.

#376 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

Toys R Us is getting to me this week... now they say Unit 13 and MLB 12 are not sold in stores... Im guessing they are waiting for the sale to end and then ship them to stores

does best buy price match

#377 JawnMan

JawnMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Does buying now and exchanging when those 2 games come in work?
Playing:

:ds: - Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth
:psp: - LittleBigPlanet, Pinball Arcade
:ps3: - Enchanted Arms
:pc: - Inversion, Civilization V

Posted Image

#378 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

I picked up the 320gb hard drive for 360 from BB. All stores within 50 miles are sold out so I had to have it shipped.

#379 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:03 AM

does best buy price match

They used to but I just went and looked at their price match guarantee, updated on March 4, and it no longer includes anything that would allow the TRU deal to be matched.

Has anyone tried? I did a Google Product search and see that Best Buy has Reality Fighters listed as in stock.

"...I normally open every game I buy anymore...", "...since I ONLY usually...", "...because it's wasn't fun...", "Pretty much sure it does...", "Works always gets in...", "...I acually spelled the my user...", "this will help let more people see it as this more people see...", "You very probably won't...", "...wouldnt have good sales less often due to less competition."

Please, stop butchering the English language. These are horrible.

#380 deletion

deletion

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

sweet my reward zone gift card came just in the nick of time. will be picking up skyrim later!!
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#381 daminion

daminion

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

For what it's worth, the $249 price on the 250GB Xbox also works (automatically) on the remaining holiday bundles in-store. Picked one up after I trade my old, 2x MS refurbed Elite at GS for $140.

#382 joshb123

joshb123

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

If I trade in games to best buy can I use that credit towards street fighter x tekken or do I need to buy the game first with cash? Also I am still pissed last week I went up there and there computers were down so I missed 50% and am now losing about 50 dollars credit.

#383 joshb123

joshb123

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

If I trade in games to best buy can I use that credit towards street fighter x tekken or do I need to buy the game first with cash? Also I am still pissed last week I went up there and there computers were down so I missed 50% and am now losing about 50 dollars credit.

Well I just got back and they did let me use the credit towards the game so yay me also got the last copy of batman for 10 dollars Hmm Hmm.