Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/4/12 to 3/10/12)

• Please log in to reply
382 replies to this topic

#211 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Yeah, I am not sure why there is a coupon for Mass Effect 2 when most Best Buy stores are not carrying the game anymore. I had to go to Gamestop to get a copy since none of my Best Buy stores around me have it in stock, new. I felt dirty after walking out of Gamestop. Bleh!

My store got about 8 copies in for the PS3 this week. prob dumping warehouse stock to certain stores
Posted Image

#212 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

hoping bb matches this

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#213 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

"Holy coupons, Batman!"

For shame. Over 100 posts and not a single one of these yet. Sometimes CAG makes me feel "I've fallen and I can't get up" old.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#214 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Has anyone traded in games at Target? When I picked up a game a couple weeks back, the lady handed me a paper and said that I could trade in my old games towards new ones. I had no idea Target did this.

#215 smurfx

smurfx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

is kmart doing any specials for street fighter x tekken?

#216 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

I can't wait till sunday so I can raid bestbuy wow style lol. I just Love these coupons ! If I find a cheapie who isn't a gamer unlocked member I will slap him/her myself as these mags save you alot of money. Now if only gamestop would do the same with game informer........
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#217 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

Has anyone traded in games at Target? When I picked up a game a couple weeks back, the lady handed me a paper and said that I could trade in my old games towards new ones. I had no idea Target did this.

I haven't done it cause their tiv's are almost as bad as walmarts but they have been taking trade ins for a few months.
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#218 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Eh, I don't really shop at best buy enough to justify paying for a sub. Only reason i'm hopping on this deal is because I have a $25 gift card from the coke contest. Anyone have any recommendations on what do with the remaining $10?

do you buy alot of games? The shear # of $5-$15 games I've scored since last yr is insane. A person who had a backlog of less than 10 games could've easily hit 40+ just from BB last yr. Plus since these prices are after coupon there's no way to get amazon to match the price(kinda think they're doing it on purpose).

is the Magazine only available at best buy stores ?

all details can be found in the March @gamer OP here
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=316177

I thought that you couldn't stack the coupon with a sale price. Wouldn't that make batman $40.

that policy changed around March/April 2011 even the text on the coupons is different.

So, when is the next volume of the magazine available? Is this deal applicable in stores? Because if it is, I'll just go down to Best Buy and grab a magazine on spot, buy it, tear out the coupon, and cha-ching. Instant Arkham City deal.

I can't wait till sunday so I can raid bestbuy wow style lol. I just Love these coupons ! If I find a cheapie who isn't a gamer unlocked member I will slap him/her myself as these mags save you alot of money. Now if only gamestop would do the same with game informer........

TBH I don't even think they're done, the Unlocked program itself is still evolving. Bet we'll see 3-4 more deals that are completely different like the 5 for $100 deal hopefully the implemation of them is better though.

#219 packpick

packpick

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

Do the current copies of Arkham City being sold at BB include the Catwoman code? Or was the Catwoman code only included in launch copies?

#220 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

Catwoman code is included in all new copies of the game.

#221 Xiaan

Xiaan

omelette du fromage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

Really hope Amazon matches the Skyrim price.

Same. I had hoped they'd match Walmart, which was disappointing they never did. Second chance thanks to BBY.

#222 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

Do the current copies of Arkham City being sold at BB include the Catwoman code? Or was the Catwoman code only included in launch copies?

Lol she is on the Back of the freaking box, she should've been on disk

#223 Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:36 AM

thank you CAG. I stopped by bestbuy tonight, got a magazine and Mass effect 2 (ps3) and Rage (ps3) for $5 each. Gotta stop by again on sunday for AC.

#224 spikyhunter3

spikyhunter3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

how much are the gamer magazines?
Posted Image

#225 zyk

zyk

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:22 AM

$5 individually, $15 for a year sub I think

#226 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

Here's the link to the March @Gamer thread that should answer most ?'s

#227 VISCO

VISCO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:45 AM

How do I get this coupon to make AC 10$ ? is it a membership like game informer or can I just buy the magazine at bestbuy ?

^^^^ just noticed post above

#228 jskatt21

jskatt21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:51 AM

Is there by chance anyone that has an extra coupon for AC? Thanks!

#229 bsd107

bsd107

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

Here is what I HATE about my Vita: I wanted to go "all download" and have all games on a memory card to avoid having to swap game carts all the time. Picked up a 32GB memory card with my WiFi Vita. Problems is, retailers always seem to be having sales on the game cartridges, but there have been NO sales on the PSN versions. With retailers never selling PSN codes, there is little chance these types of sales will ever apply to folks like me.

I guess I should have known this would happen - the PSP Go suffered from the same issue (i.e. old games available on UMD for cheap but full price on PSN).

I was hoping with Vita things would change and retailers would have dowload codes in boxes. When the PSP Go came out Sony dried doing a few games like that - I saw them for Patapon 2 and Resistance Retribution at Target a few years ago, and you can still find a retail boxed version of the PSN download code for Patapon 2 on Amazon. I know the concept seemed stupid at the time, but the idea was to test this out to see if it would make retailers less pissed at competing with PSN. I was hoping it would allow the same kind of competition and sales on PSN downloads as it does for boxed retail copies.

But, alas, looks like choice of cartrige or PSN code available at retail is NOT in the Vita's future....

#230 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

Is there by chance anyone that has an extra coupon for AC? Thanks!

you should ask in the @gamer thread there's several people there who already have AC & may make a deal.

#231 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

Yeah, they seem to be making it a difficult choice financially to go digital. Well, just look at it this way: If you get physical media, yes, you're losing out on the portability factor, but the positives are that you can save a ton of money with: cheaper, smaller memory cards, games on sale or used games, and the ability to sell unwanted games to help recoup the expense. And honestly, these carts are tiny; most cases have space to haul around at least a few of 'em along with the console.

#232 RockBottom885

RockBottom885

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Might split the BOGO50 with a friend so we can both get RE: Revelations for $30ish

#233 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

The Toys R Us site takes PayPal, right?

I may have to burn through some of my credit and pick up Unit 13 and...2 other games.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#234 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

So unit 13 and mlb 12 is expected to hit the shelves for vita during this sell?

#235 slyguy

slyguy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

So unit 13 and mlb 12 is expected to hit the shelves for vita during this sell?

Yeah they will be out Tuesday

#236 Shadow Cloud

Shadow Cloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

How strange. If you order Mass Effect 3 online right now, you'll get a $10 gift card. You think they would apply it to their release week sale too.

#237 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

went to bb and they said they would probably pm this if i brought in an ad. awesome, now i can get unit 13 and re: revelations.

Edited by chicagocubsfan, 03 March 2012 - 04:18 PM.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#238 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

Awesome news. This is where I'll pick up my two Vita games then.

#239 prettycrazy

prettycrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

Toys R Us doesn't have Dynasty Warriors Next? That kills it for me =/
[] 3DS Friend Code | 3179 - 6076 - 9676 []
Posted ImagePosted Image

#240 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

my problem with this deal is that im already dropping a $100 on ME3 and the collectors guide book so stretching out for 2 more games on the vita (even tho i really want wipeout and mlb) just cant see me doing it.