XBLA - Fable Heroes - A cartoony Fable beat-em-up w/ 4 player co-op

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
[youtube]u549milmwy8[/youtube]
http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/05/fable-heroes-turns-up-on-xbox-live-marketplace/

Looks like a 4 player co-op beat-em-up (ala Castle Crashers) that takes place in the Fable universe is coming... Looks fun, but the art style on the characters is weird and overly simplistic.

20120305fableheroes10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Halo05']Those faces look like the CG babies in that diaper commercial that shit their pants so hard that they expand nearly to the point of bursting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMeeP-5NN2g[/QUOTE]

Winner. End of thread.

No, seriously. Fable Heroes? When I read about it at first (without seeing screenshots) it sounded like a cool concept, but this really looks like shit. Poop, there it is.

I love all things Fable, even the novels. I want to like this and it does look cute. But I can't shake the disappointment that we have 2 spin offsis and no Fable 4. Guess I just need to look at this one on its own merits.

The odds are good that they're saving Fable 4 (and Forza 5) for the next Xbox console. There is a chance of it coming out next year, ya know.

[quote name='eastx']The odds are good that they're saving Fable 4 (and Forza 5) for the next Xbox console. There is a chance of it coming out next year, ya know.[/QUOTE]

That would make sense, especially after no major reveals at GDC and I don't expect anything major at E3 from M-soft. My fear is that with those two brothers having departed Lionhead who were the driving forces behind Fable in terms of creative direction, and now Molyneux leaving.....Fable 4 won't be the same. Not sure what to expect now.

Then again.....Final Fantasy still lived on after Sakaguchi left. Doh!! :wall:

No, it's just possible to enjoy a game that has problems or needs more polish. We don't live in this binary world where everything is either the best thing ever or the worst thing ever. Given your response I doubt you'll understand that, but there's definitely an enjoyability spectrum. And if you like just about every beat-em-up you play, this one doesn't do anything that would prevent you from liking it as well.

Reviews aren't too good, looked at file size and its like 1.29 GB so can't really be bothered to even download the trial.. maybe on a future XBLA sale.

[quote name='eastx']No, it's just possible to enjoy a game that has problems or needs more polish. We don't live in this binary world where everything is either the best thing ever or the worst thing ever. Given your response I doubt you'll understand that, but there's definitely an enjoyability spectrum. And if you like just about every beat-em-up you play, this one doesn't do anything that would prevent you from liking it as well.[/QUOTE]

Whatever shill. How much did Microsoft pay you to say that crap? How much is integrity going for nowadays?

[quote name='matrix9280']Whatever shill. How much did Microsoft pay you to say that crap? How much is integrity going for nowadays?[/QUOTE]

How much is stupidity these days? Don't answer that; I don't really want to buy any.

East....your lukewarm "it isn't that bad" response is the only thing giving me hope at this point. I should have a chance to play tonight.

I can't fucking believe that they did this. So there's this and that Kinect Fable game that everyone assumes is on rails. I guess the REAL next Fable - Fable 4 will be a launch title for Xbox 3 and these are all just ways to use brand recognition to drive up sales of games that could take place in any fantasy world.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Reviews aren't too good, looked at file size and its like 1.29 GB so can't really be bothered to even download the trial.. maybe on a future XBLA sale.[/QUOTE]

This is me as well.

Played the trial. I want to like it, but ugh... I just can't. Sadly I think the South Park game is more entertaining than this.

All depends on what you are looking for. It's unpolished to say the least. But there is fun to be had. the demo is pretty indicative of the full game, so if you like that then the game is for you.

[quote name='sp8001']I think this is one of the worst XBLA games ever made.

Do yourself a favor and AVOID it.[/QUOTE]

Hyperbole is bad for the soul, Sp!

The more I play this game, the more adamant I am that this really an under appreciated game. Its fun! The controls are fine, the levels are interesting and there are a lot of different things to do. I'm a huge Lionhead fan so maybe that helps. Maybe its not for everyone (what game is?), but those abysmal ratings were unjustified.

[quote name='sp8001']I think this is one of the worst XBLA games ever made.

Do yourself a favor and AVOID it.[/QUOTE]

Yaris (but thankfully that was free.)

This game is available for 400 MSP right now. I tried the demo, enjoyed it, and then bought the game since I had the points already. I'm a big fan of this genre, so others' opinions may differ, but I'd recommend giving it a shot.

What's that, Matt? You broke away from the PS3 long enough to buy and play an XBLA game? We'll have to run through a few levels together sometime.

Haha, I am on the Xbox way more than the PS3. But between PS+ games and getting $260 worth of basically free PSN money, I have a lot of options. Yes, we should do that when you have time. I posted here in hopes that others might enjoy the game and be willing to play some co-op.

bread's done
Back