Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Halo 4 out November 6th!!

• Please log in to reply
1386 replies to this topic

#841 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

If you're talking about the loadout reset midgame, yeah, that needs to be addressed. It's annoying when the game freezes due to quitters, new players, or just...something, and when you respawn your top loadout is automatically selected.

As for the Railgun, splash damage has no effect for me. All of my kills with it only happen with direct hits. Worse, I saw a video of someone getting double and triple kills when firing into groups. I managed to do the same thing, on the same map, but only got the kill for the one guy I hit directly, followed shortly by two assists. Fuck.

And I was fortunate enough to be put into a Big Team game where the enemy had 500 more points, every vehicle, and only 2 teammates on my side, one of which was idle. If only they had done a Beta for this game, or actually play(ed) it, they'd see how lame it is to get dropped into a game like that. There's no excuse for that, especially for an online title this big. Lock it out uncatchable games so that new players can't be put into death fests, and keep up with the quit penalty. There was never legitmate reasons to not have a quit penalty, so it still has value.

#842 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

They need to add a damn option to kick teammates after a betrayal. Picked up the sniper on Complex, teammate shot me with a Ghost before running me down eventually.

#843 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

They need to add a damn option to kick teammates after a betrayal. Picked up the sniper on Complex, teammate shot me with a Ghost before running me down eventually.

You should have jumped off the map or tried to get him to.

#844 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

No I meant the loadouts I have selected already constantly get reset to default. I pick out my tactical package,secondary pistol,grenades etc and they'll randomly be reset to just assault rifle same with my helmet.

I mentioned this earlier but on BTB I had sniper some guy got in warthog and drove into me just to get the sniper. I like the asshole I am spent all match driving in a ghost running him over.

#845 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Is SWAT not a permanent playlist? The start up screen totes it being up as if they plan on taking it down one day. I noticed team snipers is gone.

looks like its not
''Because of its popularity, SWAT will stick around for one more week in the playlist rotation according to 343 Industries. Additionally, the following tweaks are being made to maps.''

#846 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

I hope SWAT stays, love that mode. About the only thing I play. I do throw in some Regicide just to switch it up once in a while.

#847 goodnight144

goodnight144

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Does anyone know if the pathfinder gunner armor mod will affect the firing rate on the gauss hog turret?

Wanted:
Halo 3 headset that came with Halo 3 edition Xbox 360

Ebay:http://www.ebay.com/...&_sop=12&_rdc=1

#848 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

looks like its not
''Because of its popularity, SWAT will stick around for one more week in the playlist rotation according to 343 Industries. Additionally, the following tweaks are being made to maps.''

link to that?

#849 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

The artist formerly known as MtlTom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Is SWAT not a permanent playlist? The start up screen totes it being up as if they plan on taking it down one day. I noticed team snipers is gone.

looks like its not

It's not as of right now, but I think they've said depending on popularity it may become permanent. Realistically - it almost always is right behind BTB & Infinity Slayer in terms of population so it should be.

Also, am I the only one that thinks the weekly and daily challenges are a little backwards sometimes? I was able to get both of the weekly challenges in one session last week (within a few games). However, there were a few daily challenges for winning 9 games of X gametype. I don't always have the chance to play 9 games in a day, let alone win all 9 of them. Especially if you get paired with randoms.

Maybe I'm just used to Reach challenges...

#850 Wet Ninja

Wet Ninja

Cheaping from the shadows

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Yeah, definitely. At the start of a match on Ragnarok, I grabbed the Banshee and my teammate in the Mantis proceeded to shoot me down.

#851 Wet Ninja

Wet Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Also, am I the only one that thinks the weekly and daily challenges are a little backwards sometimes? I was able to get both of the weekly challenges in one session last week (within a few games). However, there were a few daily challenges for winning 9 games of X gametype. I don't always have the chance to play 9 games in a day, let alone win all 9 of them. Especially if you get paired with randoms.

I was thinking that too. I usually have time for just 2-5 matches every other night or so. Even if I had time for nine matches, I'd have to win all nine of them to complete the daily challenge.

#852 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

The challenges are broken. I was able to get 16 headshots and 15 kills in one game with 5 kills obviously they carried over from last game

#853 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

You should have jumped off the map or tried to get him to.

He betrayed me within 10 seconds of getting the sniper.

#854 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Seen a lot of shitty communities on the internet, but the kiddies on the Halo 4 forums on Waypoint probably rank in the top 5. What a bunch of entitled little brats.

#855 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

It's not as of right now, but I think they've said depending on popularity it may become permanent. Realistically - it almost always is right behind BTB & Infinity Slayer in terms of population so it should be.

SWAT most certainly should be and I suspect it will be they just don't want to rush in the decision BUT Reach always had SWAT, and it was always popular. I don't see it changing in Halo 4.

No, you're not the only one...

Nine in a day is real brutal. Granted, 9 in a week might be a tad easy but there has to be a happier medium than we have now.

I do know there is an option to kick... I've seen it flash up before hand but I'm not sure of what point that option happens. (I know the time it gave me the option was the first time the guy betrayed me but not the first time he betrayed the team.)

#856 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Seen a lot of shitty communities on the internet, but the kiddies on the Halo 4 forums on Waypoint probably rank in the top 5. What a bunch of entitled little brats.

Bungie.net Forums were also an absolute cesspool. It's a bunch of barely literate 14 year olds.

#857 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Ok I have to ask this. I got the game about a week ago and I feel like I might be insane, but is the "bloom" effect and all the daylight levels in this game wayyyyy too bright or is it just me? I tried adjusting my tv settings and even calibrated based on the AVSHD disc from AVSforums.com with regards to brightness and contrast and all that crap. Even in the game where I bring down the brightness, the dark areas in the game are too dark. For example some multi levels I can't even see the guys if their backdrop is the sky (from far away of course) . Sorry don't know the level names yet, but it seems like either this game is wayyyyyy too bright or not bright enough in dark areas. Is it just my shitty tv?
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#858 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Can't be worse than the BioWare forums. If you have anything less than a seething hatred for Mass Effect and Dragon Age, like if you have ever derived any pleasure from those games in any way, you are not welcome there.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#859 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

I'm stuck in the dreaded cannot connect to Halo 4 servers for the last two days. It has to be a profile related problem as I've done everything thinkable to fix it and many others are having the exact same issue. The worst part of the problem is it isn't even acknowledged by the people running the game. At least Bungie had some communication with the players. These guys are head in the sand. Very frustrating.

#860 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Can't be worse than the BioWare forums. If you have anything less than a seething hatred for Mass Effect and Dragon Age, like if you have ever derived any pleasure from those games in any way, you are not welcome there.

The Gears of War forums were pretty bad. Most of the threads were people begging for codes for weapon skins, demanding Epic to give out the exclusives, or people going on about how great the stories to the game were.

I recall that the Halo forums were ignited after they revealed that in Halo: Reach you'd be able to have that emblem with a 2 and a Halo ring around it during the matchmaking setup if you played Halo 2 online. Posters who didn't play it were irate that they'd be missing an 'exclusive' that they had to have, and didn't know that there would be a reward for it. It's like people don't get the idea behind exclusive rewards for 'loyal' gamers. It's just a very small, almost entirely insignificant way of a game studio to acknowledge how valuable you are, both as a money spending consumer, and as a someone who helped support a franchise.

Though, I guess if there is a site dedicated to a game, or other media, you'll encounter the people who are just blind to valid criticism, positively or negatively.

I'm stuck in the dreaded cannot connect to Halo 4 servers for the last two days. It has to be a profile related problem as I've done everything thinkable to fix it and many others are having the exact same issue. The worst part of the problem is it isn't even acknowledged by the people running the game. At least Bungie had some communication with the players. These guys are head in the sand. Very frustrating.

I hadn't heard of this, but does deleting your profile and recovering it not help at all?

And I've been saving the videos of people being assholes online and putting them in my file share. I did this with Reach but never followed through with my goal of e-mailing 343 (Bungie at the time) and telling them to suspend or ban said players. The great thing about the Xbox 360 Halos is that you can save the gameplay videos without needing extra hardware or software, so you have proof of jerks ruining team games. If they actually did something against jackasses who plasma overcharge a friendly Mantis, Scorpion, Wraith, etc, or other obnoxious acts that ruin gameplay, people might not be so inclined to do it. Especially with the fear of a banning.

But from the above post it sounds like 343 are not easy to contact.

#861 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and be that guy and say this game is really not fun anymore, took a week or so break from Halo, came back tonight, played 1 game of SWAT, spawned 6 times in a row with either someone with direct sight of me and looking right at me, the whole enemy team was on the other side of a wall from me, or an enemy was behind me and in every scenario I die within seconds of spawning.

Next game I go to BTB, the lag makes it unplayable, the enemy team some how has unlimited banshees and gauss warthogs, by the time I get a hold of the tank, the game ends.

Next game is Dominion except its the same story, unlimited Banshees and Wraiths, snipers, rockets. I wasn't aware 3 shots to a ghost from the sniper will blow it up but I learned this the hard way. Also the spawning into death non-sense as usual. It is very saddening since this is the only game I now own for the 360.

#862 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

To each their own. I love halo 4's MP wasn't a fan of 3's or reach's. :)

#863 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

I hadn't heard of this, but does deleting your profile and recovering it not help at all?

I've done everything you can think of including deleting/re-downloading my profile to deleting everything Halo 4 related off my HD then clearing the cache and retrying. You name it and I've tried it.

There are a few thousand of us out there that are completely fucked.

https://forums.halow...ers-Thread.aspx

#864 200STM

200STM

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

Halo 4 is so awesome. Um have any of you actually reached level 50 and tried out the different classes? Do we need to buy all the items before we reach level 50 (thats what I'm doing right now) or is it best to save them?

#865 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

The magnum in SWAT is so fucking beast.

#866 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Halo 4 is so awesome. Um have any of you actually reached level 50 and tried out the different classes? Do we need to buy all the items before we reach level 50 (thats what I'm doing right now) or is it best to save them?

You get enough points to 'buy' everything at level 50, so you can spend them if you want.

When you hit 50, though, the specializations will allow you to unlock individual bonuses, from armor, to weapon skins, to equipment. I'm using Stalker currently. If I complete this specialization I unlock Desert Camo for the Battle Rifle, as well as an Equipment Ability that allows me to see the location of the enemy who killed me last. You'd figure that would be an ability available to all, especially new players, but that's what completing Stalker offers.

I've read that completing Operator gives you an Equipment Ability for vehicles, so if you're using them a lot that might be one to try and complete first.

#867 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

Playing with my friend the other day made the game so much more enjoyable. Communicating and working together & it is so tough to going back to no mics on a 8 vs 8 battle. I spend most of the time just chasing random teammates trying to stick together with whatever the think they are doing.

If anyone wants to play shoot me a friend request @ Dokstarr

Also has anyone else noticed a lag spike the last day or so. I've played multiple games where it goes to red lag and keeps loading again and agian. Never happened this much before.

#868 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

You get enough points to 'buy' everything at level 50, so you can spend them if you want.

When you hit 50, though, the specializations will allow you to unlock individual bonuses, from armor, to weapon skins, to equipment. I'm using Stalker currently. If I complete this specialization I unlock Desert Camo for the Battle Rifle, as well as an Equipment Ability that allows me to see the location of the enemy who killed me last. You'd figure that would be an ability available to all, especially new players, but that's what completing Stalker offers.

I've read that completing Operator gives you an Equipment Ability for vehicles, so if you're using them a lot that might be one to try and complete first.

Are you sure you don't already have the skin? I'm SR-56 working on Wetwork and have already unlocked the weapon skin, along with pieces of armor at each level up. It's the ability itself that takes all 10 extra levels...

#869 Wet Ninja

Wet Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

That was happening to me on Monday night but I didn't have any problems last night. I didn't do anything to fix the problem; it just fixed itself.

#870 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Leveling from lvl 1 to 44 without a mt dew double xp code has been fun. I need to take a break from halo I've been neglecting my other games