Halo 4 out November 6th!!

• Please log in to reply
1386 replies to this topic

#61 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

I just got an email from microsoft about Halo 4. They included an image and labeled it 18/32. So basically i'm wondering if anyone else got any images sent to their email.
Image 18

If you guys have any images I can create on big image file in photoshop to see what it is.

#62 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

I got a different one let me post it. I got piece 1/32
http://image.engage....12993-H4_01.jpg

someone posted the full image on the xbox forums
http://oi49.tinypic.com/2dwf1jd.jpg

#63 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

Looks like it might be the cover art for 4. If I got one it was deleted as it was marked spam.
Posted Image

#64 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

I got a different one let me post it. I got piece 1/32
http://image.engage....12993-H4_01.jpg

someone posted the full image on the xbox forums
http://oi49.tinypic.com/2dwf1jd.jpg

oh thanks i guess i dont have to create the full image.

#65 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

I got image 11
http://image.engage....12993-H4_11.jpg
Posted Image

K_ON__No__Thank_you_Animated_by_AlextheH

#66 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

It is pretty epic if you ask me.

Microsoft has obliged in an exceptionally clever way, e-mailing 32 separate pieces of the same image to ardent fans of the series in messages titled “Your Piece of the Halo 4 Puzzle.” The pieces were numbered X/32, allowing players to pool together their imagery on forums with all the applicable components of the puzzle.

Franchise Development Director Frank O’Connor posted on his Facebook the picture above along with “Our boxart illustration,” confirming its legitimacy.

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=27344

#67 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

To bad that's not really it! It is sweet!

#68 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:13 AM

To bad that's not really it! It is sweet!

http://www.ign.com/a...14&preview=true
Posted Image

#69 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:14 AM

That's pretty epic. Cool story, chief!
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#70 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:53 AM

also possible (without reading the article or link) it's alternate art for limited, CE, inside artwork, instruction manual art, and whatever else they come up with. still, spanky piece of work.

#71 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

It gorgeous.

#72 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Awesome box art.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#73 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

That's pretty nice. I wonder how fucked up it'll look once you plaster the 360 bar along the top along with a MS logo, a 343 logo, the standard ratings box, and a "Free exclusive (something) inside" on it.
Posted Image

#74 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

That's pretty nice. I wonder how fucked up it'll look once you plaster the 360 bar along the top along with a MS logo, a 343 logo, the standard ratings box, and a "Free exclusive (something) inside" on it.

Don't forget the purple "Better with Kinect" bar :lol:

CAGFL: (187-31)

#75 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Looks pretty good. It appears Chief got a new suit of armor.

Edited by Dark Rider, 16 May 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#76 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Looks pretty good. It appears Chief got a new suit on armor.

Yep. They posted some comparison pics about a month or so ago between Halo 3 Chief and Halo 4 Chief.

#77 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...map-dlc-videos/

Limited edition

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#78 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Glad they're not doing an oversized Legendary Edition this time. (edit - incorrect info removed)

Music sample that was posted about a month ago. It's two songs sort of mixed together, the transition is at the 2:30 mark.

I like it. I always liked the Halo series music and this seems like it's a step up (they have a new guy doing the music since Marty O'Donnell is still with Bungie, not 343).

Edited by KaneRobot, 16 May 2012 - 05:09 PM.

Posted Image

#79 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

It is 3 map packs after release.

#80 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

http://www.giantbomb...ayer-mode/4151/

They mentioned Spartan Ops mode again today alongside the Special Edition stuff... Not much new info really.

Spartan Ops is a story-based multiplayer mode for up to 4 players that takes place aboard the USNC Infinity, the ship that acts as Halo 4's primary multiplayer hub. The missions that take place in Spartan Ops are essentially an offshoot of the main Halo 4 campaign, with new missions released on a weekly basis that flesh out the story of the Infinity, its crew, and a new team of Spartans. These missions will allow players to "explore the corners of Requiem in these objective-based missions, and help uncover the secrets of the mysterious Forerunner world."

This mode comes in addition to the previously revealed War Games mode, which serves as Halo 4's competitive multiplayer option.

I expect we'll be hearing a whole bunch more about Spartan Ops and War Games come E3, since, you know, that's kind of what E3 is meant for.

It is 3 map packs after release.

Yep, sorry. I read another site which erroneously said "three maps" and not "three map packs" & didn't read the Joystiq article.
Posted Image

#81 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I like it. I always liked the Halo series music and this seems like it's a step up (they have a new guy doing the music since Marty O'Donnell is still with Bungie, not 343).

Really? That's one thing I'll definitely miss from any new Halo games. I thought Marty O'Donnell always did an excellent job.

Some new MP footage. The BR sounds really weak.

#82 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

Really? That's one thing I'll definitely miss from any new Halo games. I thought Marty O'Donnell always did an excellent job.

That came out weird, sorry. I don't mean it's a step up in that I disliked O'Donnell's stuff, I actually really like it and Halo is the only series I've bought the soundtracks for every single time. I just mean that particular piece of music I linked to seems like there is more to it than your typical Halo music, so I'm anxious to see what the complete project is like.
Posted Image

#83 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:15 AM

Ok. Anyone know why the hell you can't get Release Date Delivery on the Limited Edition at Amazon?
Mentally Irregular - Just an awesome book. Nothing else like it.

#84 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

Made some progress, cleaning up Reach Anniversary DLC this week. One more cheevo to go to complete the game, then on to CEA. I'm slowly working my way up to Halo 4.

I figure by the time it gets released, I'll have started/completed CEA, started/completed Halo 2 (PC) and possibly started Halo Wars. Good ole backlog... always weighing me down.
Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)

#85 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

CEA achievements are a lot of fun to get.

#86 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:06 AM

Would anybody else want to get the Vidmaster Achievements before Halo 4 comes out? I only need to get the Annual achievement, but nobody ever wants to do that one. I know Recon armor is already available to everyone, but I'd still like to get that achievement.

Also, I hope this isn't old news, but has anyone noticed that in Halo 3 and ODST your file share has more than 6 spaces even without Bungie Pro? Is this something 343 did permanently?

#87 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Would anybody else want to get the Vidmaster Achievements before Halo 4 comes out? I only need to get the Annual achievement, but nobody ever wants to do that one. I know Recon armor is already available to everyone, but I'd still like to get that achievement.

Also, I hope this isn't old news, but has anyone noticed that in Halo 3 and ODST your file share has more than 6 spaces even without Bungie Pro? Is this something 343 did permanently?

yeah there's a few achievements i'd like to get before H4. if we get enough ppl i'll pause D3 for a few and help hammer them/yours/others out.

#88 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Count me in for any Reach/Anniversary/ODST achievements people want to do. (I don't think I have a copy of Halo 3 here, but I'll check.) I'm not particularly good at Halo but hopefully I wouldn't be too much of a drag in a co-op group. I'd love to finish up the Reach and ODST campaigns on Legendary co-op with a group here.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#89 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

I still need to get a few achievements on 3 and ODST. Still think I need that "beat the mothership in under 2 minutes" or whatever it is on Reach as well. I'll have to look them up. Not sure that I'm really skilled enough to help out on any of those crazy Vidmaster ones though, especially the one where you have to go through the last level of 3 with 4 players or whatever.
Posted Image

#90 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

I'd be interested in teaming up for some Reach achievements too. Not incredibly skilled but I can hold my own in Co-Op.

GT: Cydoniac