Halo 4 out November 6th!!

• Please log in to reply
1386 replies to this topic

#871 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

So I'm at Wetwork specialization now...anyone know if the DMR you unlock after you get through a bunch of levels after that is any different than the standard one (other than appearance)?
Posted Image

#872 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

So I'm at Wetwork specialization now...anyone know if the DMR you unlock after you get through a bunch of levels after that is any different than the standard one (other than appearance)?

I have it, it's just a skin. Each specialization has one for a different weapon.

#873 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Lost 24k exp from last night to logging on this morning. Do you know how many SWAT matches that is? D=

#874 tgk2044

tgk2044

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Lost 24k exp from last night to logging on this morning. Do you know how many SWAT matches that is? D=

6 or 12, depending on if you have double xp codes?
Posted Image

#875 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

6 or 12, depending on if you have double xp codes?

Nah I wish I had double xp codes. It was more a rhetorical question but since you threw up some math I checked into it assuming I didn't do any challenges or got any bonus xp its around 10 games its happened twice to me already both times at reaching 44 I keep getting sent back to 43

#876 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

So Xbox Rewards finally answered that Spartan Ops does count for the required multiplayer time for the points. Add that to your Matchmaking time to see what, if any, points you earned.

Between how long matches take to make, dropped matches, and restarted match searches, it felt like I played a lot more than just about 40 hours. I have no idea how anyone was able to hit 140 hours played, even with roommates or other players. It definitely should have just been matches, not hours.

And it's already over. The contest ran on UTC, which makes no sense, instead of EST, or even PST. It's like they wanted no one to get points from it.

#877 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

So Xbox Rewards finally answered that Spartan Ops does count for the required multiplayer time for the points. Add that to your Matchmaking time to see what, if any, points you earned.

Between how long matches take to make, dropped matches, and restarted match searches, it felt like I played a lot more than just about 40 hours. I have no idea how anyone was able to hit 140 hours played, even with roommates or other players. It definitely should have just been matches, not hours.

And it's already over. The contest ran on UTC, which makes no sense, instead of EST, or even PST. It's like they wanted no one to get points from it.

Yeah, I dont even think I wanna see the guys who did 140 hours lol

#878 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Breach stance looks badass but it requires too much to get =[

#879 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Looks like the specialization codes are going out. Check your emails, just got mine.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#880 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

Posted Image Specialization Priority Alpha If you have an additional code to redeem please enter it above

thanks linkin

#881 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

I need 5 more levels before I can access specializations though

#882 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

I thought these specs were for limited editions only. It unlocked like 6

#883 canvasch

canvasch

El Chi Po

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

just got a 360 (used) today.... going to buy halo 4 maybe tuesday.... just wondering what comes in the halo 4 box....
does it come with any codes for anything live related? more levels, skins, free xbox live gold trial.... ect...??
hope someone has the answer :)

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#884 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

yeah I just got a code for the Specialization Priority Alpha unlock. Wish I would have known because I would have traded with someone but I just redeemed it without checking. Not sure why I got this since it was supposed to be a LE bonus. Nt complaining though.
Posted Image

#885 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

just got a 360 (used) today.... going to buy halo 4 maybe tuesday.... just wondering what comes in the halo 4 box....
does it come with any codes for anything live related? more levels, skins, free xbox live gold trial.... ect...??
hope someone has the answer :)

Just 2 weeks box live gold trial. no skins, levels, etc. unless you preordered.

#886 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

The Specialization Bonus was not for LE but for this Promo:

Probably old news, but I just saw this on the Dashboard:

Posted Image

Play Halo 4 online between launch and 11/20 and get early access to those customizations. Code will be sent on or about 11/30.

Funny how it says standard edition.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#887 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

And sure enough, I got my email, and it's even so nice as to put the code in the Redeem field for you on Xbox.com

#888 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

So how do I play with the Specializations? I downloaded the item, but I was unable to choose the armor on Infinity.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#889 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

You have to reach SR 50 before you can use the specializations right?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#890 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

^ yes

#891 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

boo...thanks guys.

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#892 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Posted Image

Saw this on neogaf. If it's not forge maps, the only thing I can think of is a free classic map or something.

#893 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

At least two or three classic maps, there really aren't enough 4v4 maps and much of what they have isn't that great.

#894 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

While I'm glad they are going to add more maps, what is concerning is that obviously they didn't think it was an issue until now. Which is sad because it's so blatantly obvious that there's only like 4 maps for 4v4 gametypes and maps are getting consistently picked back to back. Makes me wonder how they could let something like that slip.

Either way I'm glad they are at least doing something about it. I'll start playing again once the new maps are in rotation I'm sure.

#895 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

Ticks me off that there seems to be nothing "exclusive" to the CE/LE anymore

#896 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Ticks me off that there seems to be nothing "exclusive" to the CE/LE anymore

Aside from the useless character skins, emblems and weapons skin, I guess the special console owners didn't get immediate access to these specializations either?

It does seem weird that all of these specializations were just given away to anyone, but what about people who play later? Now they'll be maxed at Level 70 with only Wetwork and Operator to use. Seems like it would only hurt future interest in buying this game.

Not very well though out by 343 or Microsoft, whichever made this decision.

#897 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

have yet to get an email with specialization code...should I be worried?

#898 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

have yet to get an email with specialization code...should I be worried?

I forget where I read it, but it's supposed to be that the code is being sent out the first week of December, so if you don't get it by at least Friday you might need to contact someone. This might be an 'in waves' sort of e-mail.

#899 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

I forget where I read it, but it's supposed to be that the code is being sent out the first week of December, so if you don't get it by at least Friday you might need to contact someone. This might be an 'in waves' sort of e-mail.

Alright thanks man, I'll give it a few days and see. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing out. Even though I'm only SR-24 right now anyway, would still be nice to have access.

#900 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

This is disappointing, since I bought the LE. Had I known what the code was for (the e-mail just said it was a "gift"), I would've sold it on eBay instead of redeeming what I already have. They seem to be going for around $20.