Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Halo 4 out November 6th!!

• Please log in to reply
1386 replies to this topic

#931 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

I have a video on my fileshare (I think) of some teammate getting angry when I steal 'his' Warthog. He wanted to drive his equally sucky friend around in it, and they kept meleeing my Warthog to get me out, and then proceeded to throw grenades at it. I went to Splatter the lead jackass, who jumped, but still got hit by the vehicle, causing him to be thrown over my 'hog while losing his shield. He then fell directly on his own grenade, committing suicide. The crushing defeat the team experienced was almost worth it to see this idiot suck at team vehicle sabotage.

I'll never get why lousy 'party' teammates don't just play with each other in Custom Games.

#932 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

That's pretty much my preference for the large maps too but there are a handful of smaller maps, with tighter corridors, were the BR is the better choice, if not outright, overpowered. (Haven comes to mind.)

Anyhow, in my opinion, SWAT is (or at least was) about skill (or at least quick precise reflexes) over one's choice in weapon and with loadouts that's been changed in general and with the BR the need for perfect precision has been reduced considerably.

Its not the end of the world, its not even the thing that annoys* me most in MP, but it is something I would like to see addressed in the long term.

* The biggest annoyance is Ragnarok constant selection in big team battle... I suspect we'll see a tweek where the last selected map won't pop up for selection soon. (Ragnarok isn't even that bad of a map, its actually pretty cool, but I am tired of it.)

The BR is the original SWAT weapon, I don't really see the change.

#933 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

added my info to the specialization thread....what a mess that turned out to be. Not sure if this is on 343 or Microsoft but an absolute disaster.

#934 Jean Luc Picard

Jean Luc Picard

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

How I despise Microsoft...
Finally got my Halo 4 copy, turned on my dusty 360, and discovered that they perma-banned me.
I'm still struggling to understand why, considering the fact that my console is not modded nor did I ever break the ToS.
While I wait for XBL-support to ignore my email, I guess I'll just play some SinglePlayer. (Yay! 60$ for a Halo 4 campaign)

Good job Microsoft, you just lost a NextBox buyer.

#935 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

added my info to the specialization thread....what a mess that turned out to be. Not sure if this is on 343 or Microsoft but an absolute disaster.

same here

#936 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Btw I'm surprised at the numbers team regicide is the top 3rd played playlist when I was on earlier it must be a fun game type haven't tried it yet

It didn't seem to stay up there for long... Right now SWAT is four, Oddball is three (Oddball has a daily challenge), and Team Regicide is five.

Anyhow, I did send sometime with it... With a Good team its allot of fun, but if you get stuck with an idiot or someone just horribly aggressive as your team's king, there seems to be no amount of slaying you can do to when the game. (Which is how it should be... but its likely a mode far better with friends with mics.)

Any sort of organization would likely win this real easily...

Edited by INMATEofARKHAM, 04 December 2012 - 03:51 PM.
Cannot spell today to save my life

#937 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

How I despise Microsoft...
Finally got my Halo 4 copy, turned on my dusty 360, and discovered that they perma-banned me.
I'm still struggling to understand why, considering the fact that my console is not modded nor did I ever break the ToS.
While I wait for XBL-support to ignore my email, I guess I'll just play some SinglePlayer. (Yay! 60$ for a Halo 4 campaign)

Good job Microsoft, you just lost a NextBox buyer.

They don't ban for no reason man, cry some where else.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#938 Jean Luc Picard

Jean Luc Picard

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

They don't ban for no reason man, cry some where else.

You'd be surprised.
Use the magical tool that is Google, and you will discover that false-bans are not uncommon.
Considering the fact that I barely even used Xbox live, and that the only tinkering I did was cracking open the Component cable case, I'd say Microsoft went trigger happy.

I Did some research: I Probably got banned for setting up a US account, 4 years ago, even though I'm from Argentina.
Until 2 weeks ago, Xbox live did not even support Argentina, so it was the only option.
Giving me a heads up that I can now fill in my real country before Perma-Banning me would be the right course of action, But turns out Microsoft are to cool for that.

Is the Halo 4 SP enough to get me going, or should I return the game?
If the Legendary is challenging, I'd just stick to it.

#939 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

The SP is alright nothing worth paying $60 for I think you can play spartan ops but the most fun is obviously MP it sucks you got perma banned post your story in xbox forums they'll instantly review why you were banned http://forums.xbox.c...pport/f/41.aspx

#940 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I'm gonna assume you maybe changed your avatar look illegally and assumed it was ok? That's like majority of the reason why people are banned. I used to love reading their ban stories

#941 Jean Luc Picard

Jean Luc Picard

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm gonna assume you maybe changed your avatar look illegally and assumed it was ok? That's like majority of the reason why people are banned. I used to love reading their ban stories

I Did some research: I Probably got banned for setting up a US account, 4 years ago, even though I'm from Argentina.
Until 2 weeks ago, Xbox live did not even support Argentina, so it was the only option.
Giving me a heads up that I can now fill in my real country before Perma-Banning me would be the right course of action, But turns out Microsoft are to cool for that.

As I said in the comment above ^^^
I Probably got banned for "faking" my accounts country, but I didn't really have a choice. ( Xbox live didn't support Argentina until a couple of weeks ago)

What do you mean by "changing your avatar illegally"?
You mean that "Mii" bullcrap? :X
I never even customized my Avatar... I just picked a default model.
Why would people even hack this stuff to begin with.

To be honest, even if they will lift the ban, I don't think I'll bother subscribing to XBL-Gold anymore.
Though I can't play Spartan-Ops without a gold account, I am really enjoying the Single Player.

#942 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Crimson Map Pack Achievements are balls...

#943 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

So its gonna be a bunch of people sprinting toward the vehicles for achievements the luck involved with getting a melee kill while landing from a man cannon has to be almost impossible

Edited by GUNNM, 04 December 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#944 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Yeah, those are lame. Completely random situations that might never come up unless you're specifically boosting for them, and thereby ruining the flow of the game for everyone else. :P

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#945 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

I could kind of see getting the melee from a man canon one from a game of Capture the Flag on Ragnarok, especially if you're chasing or being chased by the enemy team coming from a the flag zone.

If they implement Gauss Hogs you could get the airborne warthog achievement. Even on Exile there is the man canon that a driver could drive to and the gunner would just have to score a lucky shot to get it. But you're right that it will definitely mess up the game, since people will probably be wasting the Warthog in the quest for this achievement.

Though I'm just assuming these achievements work across all maps, and aren't Crimson Maps specific. I hated it when they did that with the later map packs in Reach.

#946 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

Just got the Roses vs. Violets on Ep 5 Ch 5. I don't really follow RvB much, but it was fun.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#947 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

OK...finally got my Specializations code. Entered it on the site. Should they be showing up in the list? I still only have Wetwork and Operator listed still....Im not at 50 so Its okay, just curious

#948 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

OK...finally got my Specializations code. Entered it on the site. Should they be showing up in the list? I still only have Wetwork and Operator listed still....Im not at 50 so Its okay, just curious

It does that sometimes its annoying. I used to use scanner helmet and it wouldn't show up sometimes same with specs you gotta dashboard

#949 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

hmm...I shut the system down and back on and still not showing

edit...nm, Im an idiot. Put the code in but didnt realize I had to download something...got it now. Thanks!

#950 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

If you play swat the specs do nothing fyi

#951 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Just getting into doing the Spartan Ops, so dumb you can only do matchmaking on the latest episode... After you have played the chapters, do you get more XP if you replay it, or only for the first time through?

#952 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

The artist formerly known as MtlTom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

Crimson Map Pack Achievements are balls...

Seriously. I really hope you can do them in custom games like the first set of Reach DLC achievements, because some of these are fucking ridiculous.

Just getting into doing the Spartan Ops, so dumb you can only do matchmaking on the latest episode... After you have played the chapters, do you get more XP if you replay it, or only for the first time through?

You usually get around 2000-3000XP plus progress towards commendations doing a custom game of Spartan Ops regardless of difficulty or time. You can't use 2XP either.

#953 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

You could only get like 3 in customs in reach on defiant maps I don't think I've ever gotten a melee kill with mantis not even in campaign

#954 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Seriously. I really hope you can do them in custom games like the first set of Reach DLC achievements, because some of these are fucking ridiculous.

You usually get around 2000-3000XP plus progress towards commendations doing a custom game of Spartan Ops regardless of difficulty or time. You can't use 2XP either.

Actually, while you don't get double xp if you do a solo or custom game of spartan ops, if you play spartan ops matchmaking, you will get the double xp.

#955 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Just getting into doing the Spartan Ops, so dumb you can only do matchmaking on the latest episode...

You could put up a request on this site for players for older chapters, though. I'm sure as time passes new players from this site will want to play previous chapters and will want teammates.

Has anybody been able to destroy Mongooses in this game? I have one destroyed, but every time since then the people either get off of it, or I get the kill but am unable to destroy the vehicle. I wish they had a time limit like 3 seconds to blow up a vehicle after an enemy was in it to count as a vehicle destroyed.

That, plasma pistol kills and King Assassinations will probably never be 100%'d by me.

#956 Tronny

Tronny

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

You could put up a request on this site for players for older chapters, though. I'm sure as time passes new players from this site will want to play previous chapters and will want teammates.

I'd be up for this. I still haven't played any of the Spartan Ops missions so if anyone is interested in playing all of the older chapters feel free to add me and send a message.

#957 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

I need to go through spartan ops episodes 2 through 4 i think. Don't have a mic. But it's so boring on easy by myself :/

#958 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

I've only done chapter 1 on Legendary for the achievement...probably gonna try to knock out the rest this weekend I guess.

#959 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm done for trying to get at least one marine left alive in spartan ops

#960 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

I'm done for trying to get at least one marine left alive in spartan ops

It's super easy if you have 4 people. Just do matchmaking and I got it on the first try.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?