Halo 4 out November 6th!!

• Please log in to reply
1386 replies to this topic

#1021 deadite76

deadite76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Didn't buy the map pass, but when I went to the marketplace the map pack showed up as zero points.

#1022 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

lol MS fucking up were you able to download it?

yup looks like its free for now
https://forums.halow...r-everyone.aspx

#1023 deadite76

deadite76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Yup at 50% right now.
Posted Image

#1024 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

The achievements are bugged too they don't appear on xbox.com or through a friends list or added to my overall total what a clusterfuck

#1025 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Damn I'm not home so can't take advantage of free map pack

#1026 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

So much bitching at halo forums its funny. I have no problem with anyone downloading this shit free more people online to play with

#1027 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Nice. Got the maps. If you don't see the pop up screen about the maps delete the title update, that worked for me.

#1028 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

Looks like you don't have to play crimson dlc playlist for achievements I got clay pigeon on SWAT on harvest oddly enough is the only achievement that added to my gamerscore while the other 4 don't but show as unlocked

#1029 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electrifying confusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

Looks like you don't have to play crimson dlc playlist for achievements I got clay pigeon on SWAT on harvest oddly enough is the only achievement that added to my gamerscore while the other 4 don't but show as unlocked

You got those achievements before they were added to Xbox.com. Common problem with DLC on the day it's released. The only way to fix it now is to recover your profile and earn them again.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1030 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

Yeah that's what I did. Luckily they're still buggy as Fuck first game back from deleting my profile ran up to someone meleed them and earned two achievements. Odst (killing someone while jumping on a man cannon and special delivery killing someone with melee after jumping from a man cannon)

#1031 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

lol just downloaded the maps, kinda wish I handt gotten the season pass now since they're apparently gonna give away first day for free lol.

#1032 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

Still torn if I should get the pass or just a few map packs....ugh. I don't have a code to go past lvl 70...but I am enjoying it. but who knows if ill get bored of it..AAAHHHHHH
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#1033 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

So much bitching at halo forums its funny. I have no problem with anyone downloading this shit free more people online to play with

Same here. I know MS isn't going to give anything to those inconvenienced* by this so the more money they can 'lose' over this the better... and as always. Map packs split the player base so the less than happens the better it is for everyone.

* Was I inconvenienced? In the great scheme of things... Only a little. It was the last day of my weekend so I missed out on the best opportunity to experience the maps in bulk but whatever. I do find it annoying that their isn't enough Q&A done in this business anymore to keep from screwing over the more loyal costumers. (I mean does it hurt to try your deployment strategy in an offline mode before doing it for real? Or if you have doubts go a day/half a day early for the season pass holders in case issues do arise? I got to imagine that even a single day early on release would bolster season pass sales.)

#1034 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

Still torn if I should get the pass or just a few map packs....ugh. I don't have a code to go past lvl 70...but I am enjoying it. but who knows if ill get bored of it..AAAHHHHHH

I would say get the pass $25 isnt as much as other season passes ($50 for COD) and you get the 3 map packs and is it really possible to get bored of Halo?

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#1035 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

I'm surprised crimsom is still free usually MS fixes their mistakes quickly.

btw mantis foot stomp will be the hardest achievement to get since everyone uses plasma pistol as a secondary

#1036 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

Extraction sucks.

#1037 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

Extraction sucks when no one on your team goes for the extraction points. I saw a dude on my own team camp out on top of an enemy extraction with sniper rather than go in and steal it.

#1038 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Achievements aren't that bad actually, I got two of the annoying ones somehow really easily. Was playing king of the hill, meleed some guy to death and got ODST and Special Delivery for 60G, which is good because those two looked difficult to get.

I only have airborne warthog kill (just need a little luck), board mantis (fairly easy) and the 20 stomps one. I think the stomps one is the worst, as I 1) never like to use the mantis and 2) don't think i'll ever be in a situation where I can stomp 20 people.

I found most people voting for maps with mantis/turrets obviously to try and get achievements done so hopefully after a week or two people will just focusing on playing the map appose to achievement hunting.

Also is it confirmed that you can score these achievements on non crimson maps like Reach etc or is it strictly DLC only?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#1039 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Achievements aren't that bad actually, I got two of the annoying ones somehow really easily. Was playing king of the hill, meleed some guy to death and got ODST and Special Delivery for 60G, which is good because those two looked difficult to get.

I only have airborne warthog kill (just need a little luck), board mantis (fairly easy) and the 20 stomps one. I think the stomps one is the worst, as I 1) never like to use the mantis and 2) don't think i'll ever be in a situation where I can stomp 20 people.

I found most people voting for maps with mantis/turrets obviously to try and get achievements done so hopefully after a week or two people will just focusing on playing the map appose to achievement hunting.

Also is it confirmed that you can score these achievements on non crimson maps like Reach etc or is it strictly DLC only?

The achievements are glitched. I got ODST and I was nowhere near a man cannon. GAF thread posters and Reddit users in /Halo are confirming this also.

#1040 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

The achievements are glitched. I got ODST and I was nowhere near a man cannon. GAF thread posters and Reddit users in /Halo are confirming this also.

I got ODST while blowing a guy away with a rocket launcher... so unless there is slag that 343 is using that I don't know about I too can confirm this issue. :lol:

#1041 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

I would say get the pass $25 isnt as much as other season passes ($50 for COD) and you get the 3 map packs and is it really possible to get bored of Halo?

yea it is, i find myself having to switch between games

#1042 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

ODST achivement is definitely glitched - killed a guy with a grenade while jumping and got it. Shrug. Glad I got it since I hate these fucking "Hurr hurr! Wacky gameplay!" achievements that make people play like retards at the expense of working towards an objective - that get a kill while in the air with the Warthog is especially stupid.

Can't remember the name of it, but the one that requires you to kill a guy with a melee while landing off a man cannon is also one I stumbled onto. I was on a ledge above a guy, jumped off and melee'd him for a kill and got it. So it may just be that you need some elevation to pull it off, and as long as you're falling, you'll get it.

Never going to get that "foot stomp 20 guys in the Mantis" one, so I guess that's the end of me thinking I'll S-Rank Halo 4's achievements at some point.

Extraction isn't great but it doesn't hurt anything. Not a lot of smart play going on that I saw, but it may be that people are still getting used to it.
Posted Image

#1043 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

The air warthog is all luck I've been lucky enough to have nice random people drive for me in the warthog and drive off of cliffs hoping I get the achievement but no go so far

#1044 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

The air warthog is all luck I've been lucky enough to have nice random people drive for me in the warthog and drive off of cliffs hoping I get the achievement but no go so far

Any of the maps got the Gauss Cannon Warthog? That would make the process real easy...

Also, in other related news... Has anyone gotten a Splatter with the Gauss Cannon? :)

I literally had a guy hide behind a warthog on exile and when I shot the warthog (I was aiming for him BTW) the hog was shoved back on him and gave me, the turret operator, a splatter kill. :lol: (Its on my file share if anyone is curious.)

#1045 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

I am glad the ODST and Special Delivery achievements are glitched as they sound pretty annoying to get. I have also had some randoms in warthog all trying to get kills but no luck yet. The machine gun turret is a little tricky to get a kill with.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#1046 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Any of the maps got the Gauss Cannon Warthog? That would make the process real easy...

Also, in other related news... Has anyone gotten a Splatter with the Gauss Cannon? :)

I literally had a guy hide behind a warthog on exile and when I shot the warthog (I was aiming for him BTW) the hog was shoved back on him and gave me, the turret operator, a splatter kill. :lol: (Its on my file share if anyone is curious.)

Nope. There's like 4 warthogs on harvest though I tried parking a warthog on a ledge to see if it would unlock that didn't work.

Special delivery legit would have been annoying. I camped on SWAT harvest for clay pigeon because I knew where the man cannon's were and just waited ez points!

#1047 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

So what does this mean? are they pulling crimson map pack from people who got it free?

looks like it

As an additional reward to those customers that participated in our "14 Day, Buy and Play" program (which ran from Nov. 6 – Nov. 20), we are providing complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack for a limited time, through Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT.
There were some initial complications with the distribution of the "14 day, Buy and Play" reward tokens, and so we decided to provide the additional reward of complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack, for a limited time, as a "thank you" to our customers that contributed to the success of the "Halo 4" launch.

#1048 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

So what does this mean? are they pulling crimson map pack from people who got it free?

looks like it

As an additional reward to those customers that participated in our "14 Day, Buy and Play" program (which ran from Nov. 6 – Nov. 20), we are providing complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack for a limited time, through Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT.
There were some initial complications with the distribution of the "14 day, Buy and Play" reward tokens, and so we decided to provide the additional reward of complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack, for a limited time, as a "thank you" to our customers that contributed to the success of the "Halo 4" launch.

I asked Xbox support and yeah pretty much you have access to the map pack until the 18th then you will be prompted to pay for the pack or buy the war games pass

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#1049 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

I asked Xbox support and yeah pretty much you have access to the map pack until the 18th then you will be prompted to pay for the pack or buy the war games pass

Good not fair to those who paid :)

#1050 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

343 decided that everyone had gotten their specialization code emails or messages and closed that official thread posted a few pages back....um hello guys THOUSANDS of players including me still dont have a code. Losing respect for 343 every day, their customer service and support is a joke.