Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Halo 4 out November 6th!!

• Please log in to reply
1386 replies to this topic

#91 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'm not particularly good at Halo but hopefully I wouldn't be too much of a drag in a co-op group. I'd love to finish up the Reach and ODST campaigns on Legendary co-op with a group here.

There is an achievement for solo beating Reach on Legendary. I'd still help you complete it in cooperative play, but you'd miss out on that other achievement.

Also, if people are looking to get them in Halo 3, you'd probably want to be in a party with people. The multiplayer isn't dead, but it's somewhat rough to get into games, especially since it seems like most other players are in parties already. Lone Wolves probably isn't hard to find games in, but anything outside of that might be difficult. I tried playing Action Sack a few times in Halo 3 over the weekend and the matchmaking process took several minutes.

I've pretty much stopped playing Halo: Reach's multiplayer as the last group of competitive games I've played my entire team quit out repeatedly. 4vs1 or 8vs1 made me begin to question why I'm paying for Live. And Firefight is just full of high ranks idling to get their perfections up. It's like nobody actually plays anymore. I'm sure other people have different experiences, and I just have bad luck, but it takes me out of the game.

If people are looking to play, I still have all of the games, and would help you get what your after. I just don't want to boost for things, as I like getting the achievements in Halo and saving the videos of them.

#92 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

Just a fair warning to anybody boosting mp achievements, if you are using extra controllers, make sure to play with them or you can get a ban.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#93 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

There is an achievement for solo beating Reach on Legendary. I'd still help you complete it in cooperative play, but you'd miss out on that other achievement.

That's cool, I'm not as concerned about completing the game. Some of the multiplayer achievements in the latest DLC seem pretty annoying anyway. I'd just like to finish up the campaign on Legendary since I've already done the first 6 or so levels (up to the part where you pilot the spaceship and then land back on the planet again I think). I'll hit you up sometime when I see you online if you don't mind!

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#94 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Just a fair warning to anybody boosting mp achievements, if you are using extra controllers, make sure to play with them or you can get a ban.

i've encountered many rubber band idle boosters in FF, sometimes even 2 or 3 of them at a time.

#95 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

i've encountered many rubber band idle boosters in FF, sometimes even 2 or 3 of them at a time.

This is why I'm playing score attack any more. Firefight usually ended up with me leading Elites to where idle players were, and watching them die repeatedly. I actually have several saved videos (at least 15) of people just not playing, or quickly coming back to the game when they get attacked (I guess they check for a vibrating controller), only to idle once they 'save' themselves.

My favorite video is one where 2 players idled, while one quit. About 5-7 minutes in I just let several Elites repeatedly kill the two idlers. It's over 10 minutes of them just being killed, while I walk around the map, taking in the detail of it.

It's too bad Bungie/343/Microsoft never did/does anything to punish these people. They completely ruin the game, which makes me not play it, causing me to sell off my copy and not be too interested in future titles.

#96 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

I'd just like to finish up the campaign on Legendary since I've already done the first 6 or so levels (up to the part where you pilot the spaceship and then land back on the planet again I think). I'll hit you up sometime when I see you online if you don't mind!

Sure. I might finally be able to Iron my support medal. I think it'd take years to get halfway to the Onyx of it.

If people do want to try and get the Vidmasters done they're not hard, sort of... The campaign ones of Halo 3 and ODST are more trial and error of deaths, where you'll progress fine, but get stuck in certain spots where a player or players repeatedly die from an enemy, or a bad cover spot, or vehicle rolling off, or some other extreme where you have to figure out as a team how to prevent this, and then move along to the next checkpoint.

Deja Vu took just over an hour when I played it last year with people from this site. I'd expect the same from Annual in Halo 3.

Endure is tricky. I've read people saying it takes 3-4 hours, but I was able to do it with randoms from gamefaqs in just over 2 hours. We were fast, though, and worked in pairs, which is how you should do all three of them. 2 and 2, and becoming a group of 4 on tricky enemies, like Hunters, Wraiths, Hammer Chieftains, or anything else that will cost you lives.

If people want to try for these, I'm after Annual, but would help with the others.

#97 rococo

rococo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

right now if you preorder halo 4 from the microsoft store online you receive a ~$25 voucher for you next purchase, here is the link:
http://www.microsoft...ml/pbPage.Halo4
here are the terms and conditions:
**Limited time offer valid on eligible products thru 11/5/2012. $25 single use promo code coupon will be delivered via email within 10 days of game release. Offer and promo code not valid on previous orders, cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or promotion. Online and in-store terms may differ. Promo code may only be used for future online purchase and expires on 12/31/2012. Limit 3 per person

#98 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

The artist formerly known as MtlTom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

I'd be interested in achievements. I'm missing a couple of the Reach CEA map achievements, & a few from H3 MP. I tried getting some of those H3 achievements a few months back but there's hardly anyone playing the DLC playlists.

#99 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

So out of curiousity, who here is planning on getting this at release? I'm thinking about it but also thinking about waiting for a holiday deal since its right around BF and Xmas

#100 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

So out of curiousity, who here is planning on getting this at release? I'm thinking about it but also thinking about waiting for a holiday deal since its right around BF and Xmas

I was going to skip it since there were so many other games coming out in late 2012 that I was more interested in (BioShock Infinite, Aliens Colonial Marines, Tomb Raider), but now that all of those games have been delayed, I think I will pick this up right away. I'm not even a huge Halo guy but I have some real-life friends who are and will be playing this at release, so that helps.

There is that $25 gift card promo at the Microsoft store, that's a pretty decent preorder deal.

#101 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'll most likely pick it up early. I don't normally buy games that late in the year since I normally still get a few for Christmas so I do try and hold off on purchases past October or so. Halo is the one series I make an exception for however.

card.png

#102 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

hmm, right now im thinking im going to wait til BF. but if i do pick it up at release, will probably buy it from Best Buy so i can price adjust it later on.

#103 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

What, Tomb Raider was pushed? I knew about Bioshock getting bumped and was fine with that because I figured Halo 4, Borderlands & Tomb Raider would keep me busy.

#104 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

What, Tomb Raider was pushed? I knew about Bioshock getting bumped and was fine with that because I figured Halo 4, Borderlands & Tomb Raider would keep me busy.

Yup.

#105 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

There is that $25 gift card promo at the Microsoft store, that's a pretty decent preorder deal.

I guess you could put that $25 towards a 1600 points card if you were thinking about buying the Halo 4 maps. The map packs seem to usually be 800 points, so you'd be able to get at least 2 of the three that have been mentioned to be included with the content of the Limited Edition.

Spoiler

#106 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

I guess you could put that $25 towards a 1600 points card if you were thinking about buying the Halo 4 maps. The map packs seem to usually be 800 points, so you'd be able to get at least 2 of the three that have been mentioned to be included with the content of the Limited Edition.

Spoiler

Yeah the maps are a possibility too. I dont really use the Microsoft Store that much and I feel like Best Buy or some other place will have a better preorder deal (either $20 GC or free CEA) so that might be a better route for me.

#107 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

Yup.

Damn. Bummer.

#108 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

Only thing i have to look forward to is Assassins Creed 3 and MAYBE GTA V. Other than that nothing this year. So i might get Halo 4.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#109 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

Borderlands dude!

#110 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

Borderlands dude!

I really gotta get going on the first one. Bought the GOTY for $19.99 on Black Friday but have barely done any of the story yet...

#111 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

haha
http://www.joystiq.c...ia-reports-bbc/

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#112 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

http://www.xbox360ac...Rounded-Up.html

Pretty cool stuff

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#113 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

http://www.xbox360ac...Rounded-Up.html

Pretty cool stuff

Most definitively, I actually preordered from Game Stop with a gift card like literally the day before I saw these bonuses, I'll have to move the money over to Borderlands and get Halo 4 at Best Buy instead, really like the Raptor skin!

659629.png?68329996

#114 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

I dont know what pre order skin i like best. The pulse is pretty cool, but ive always liked camo that was white/grey or blue/light blue, so that would be cool too. Overall these look so odd to be in halo. Guess im just used to the solid colors.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#115 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'm prob. in the minority, but I truly hate all those camo "pre-order" skins. And with weapon skins, makes me think 343 is stealing a page of the Epic playbook and will have a TON of items (these included) to be purchased in the digital marketplace very soon. Also makes me think Halo 4 (and future Halos) will have the Season Pass (or whatever Epic calls it) just like Gears 3. Ak. Not a fan of all that.
Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)

#116 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

The season pass is just the LE of the game, you get the first three map packs free with it. You're probably right about the weapon skins though, seems right out of Gears.

#117 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hopefully the weapon skins are unlockables, but it's very possible they'll go the Gears route and charge for them, which if they do I'll just stick to using the plain guns because I don't care that much, but if they are there to unlock I'll use them since they're free.

EDIT: Just pre-ordered a copy from Best Buy and got a free lithograph!!!! It looks amazing, I had no idea they were handing these out as well and I looked online and can't find anything on it!

Image after spoiler!

Edited by MoCiWe, 29 May 2012 - 04:48 PM.

659629.png?68329996

#118 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

The season pass is just the LE of the game, you get the first three map packs free with it. You're probably right about the weapon skins though, seems right out of Gears.

Since the LE is $100, the season pass isn't free. It actually just looks like a bundle more than anything.

Game - $60
steelbook & standard goodies - $10
3 map packs - $30

#119 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

Since the LE is $100, the season pass isn't free. It actually just looks like a bundle more than anything.

Game - $60
steelbook & standard goodies - $10
3 map packs - $30

You're right, free was the wrong word (looks like I've been brainwashed by the marketers). I should have said "included." :)

#120 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:21 AM

Right now it seems like a bundle, but if they decide to raise map pack prices to CoD pricing then it will be a decent deal.