Halo 4 out November 6th!!

• Please log in to reply
1386 replies to this topic

#1261 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Picked this up at launch and only played MP. Just started the campaign the other day and I'm loving it! As soon as it is done I am definitely jumping right into Spartan Ops.

What did you guys think of the campaign?

it was bad ass as usual.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#1262 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

I thought 343 did a really good job on the campaign for Halo 4.

Looks like there's a Global Competition starting soon. http://www.halowaypo...balchampionship

overview-logo.png

7/5/13-9/1/13

Play at least 20 games a week to qualify to win other prizes.

Register now and receive your very own "sKills" avatar shirt.

Edited by Spybreak8, 03 July 2013 - 04:23 PM.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#1263 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

I enjoyed the campaign. The ending was a bit meh, but the cutscenes were amazing and the music was well done. Spartan Ops also has a good story if you're into the Halo Universe. If you don't know much about the Halo universe I would definitely advise you to find and watch the terminals either in game or on youtube or on halo waypoint. It will fill in some spots of the story for you

Formerly known as slickkill77

#1264 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

Or read the books; I noticed while going through the campaign that a lot of the dialoge involved things that someone who'd only played the games wouldn't know anything about. Mostly things that the Didact and Librarian talked about, but also some stuff about the Covenant.

I enjoyed the campaign. The ending was a bit meh, but the cutscenes were amazing and the music was well done. Spartan Ops also has a good story if you're into the Halo Universe. If you don't know much about the Halo universe I would definitely advise you to find and watch the terminals either in game or on youtube or on halo waypoint. It will fill in some spots of the story for you

Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#1265 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Yea the books are good too. I enjoy watching all the videos they have on Halo waypoint. So many good stories. Halo Legends (the anime) was much better than I thought it would be. 

Formerly known as slickkill77

#1266 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

Yeah, pretty much my favorite game mythology next to Mortal Kombat. Nice that, unlike a lot of other fictions like Star Wars or whatever, they don't just toss away extended fiction every time there is a new main entry to the series. It all fits together pretty well. Not flawlessly, as those who read Fall of Reach and then played the game will attest, but close enough.

Posted Image

#1267 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:43 AM

anybody else feel like the new DLC coming should be free for Season Pass holders?

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#1268 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

anybody else feel like the new DLC coming should be free for Season Pass holders?

New DLC? Is this more maps that will rarely show up in playlist rotation?

#1269 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

Wait what? New maps?

Wut?

#1270 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

I looked it up on Google and found the information, but didn't link it. If you type in Halo 4 Champions DLC, it includes new maps and armor for 800 points. I thought Frank swore that 343i couldn't add any more armor due to RAM limits, but they are. A screenshot shows The Pit from Halo 3 coming to Halo 4.

Not included with the Season Pass. The packs can be bought individually, but buying them together includes limited time offer "things."

#1271 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Bleh, hate that these aren't part of the Season Pass.  Of course I will buy them anyway.

uc.png

#1272 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=mr7iNt6fnak

Yeah why the hell do we buy the season pass thing if DLC comes out that is not part of it!?

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#1273 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=mr7iNt6fnak

Yeah why the hell do we buy the season pass thing if DLC comes out that is not part of it!?

Content includes “Crimson, Majestic & Castle Map Packs” plus 2 in-game helmets and an emblem at a special value. If you own this Map Pass, access map packs thru the Halo 4 in-game store. Do not download from Xbox LIVE Marketplace or you will be charged twice. Halo 4 game, 4GB storage, & Xbox LIVE Gold membership (each sold separately) required to use this content. (Map Pass included with Halo 4 Limited Edition.)

http://marketplace.x...8de9?cid=search

It was only for three map packs. I don't understand the outrage over this. You don't have to buy it or you can just buy the map pack for 480 MSPs.

Anybody know of the release date for Spartan Assault? Almost half way through July and not date, kinda odd.

#1274 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

It was only for three map packs. I don't understand the outrage over this. You don't have to buy it or you can just buy the map pack for 480 MSPs.

Anybody know of the release date for Spartan Assault? Almost half way through July and not date, kinda odd.

Not outrage, just annoyance.  The game has only been out for 8 months and the "season" is already over?  Dumb.

uc.png

#1275 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

The complaining seems valid.  Like Spybreak8 said, we already paid for a pass.  This content feels more like actual DLC than the map packs we already paid for did, but that's still an odd thing. 

The previous maps felt like the way most current DLC feels; potentially withheld stuff that actually might have added more to the game.  It's not just a Halo issue, as I see many games that have map packs that come out shortly after release and seem like they were just kept away to be charged for later.  I know that's how captialism works, and that content gets worked on while games go gold, but releasing content that early begins to immediately divide the multiplayer base before the game is six months old.  I also hate buying multiplayer maps that you rarely get to play, and, if they add a seperate playlist for them, seperate and segregate the community.  It's annoying that these types of issues just can't be resolved by making the map packs free, or something, and allowing people to pay for more cosmetic things. 

Almost like the way Mass Effect 3 does it, where the maps are free, but the extra stuff you need to pay for.  I know that's a different type of game, and since it's playing with people against AI opponents there isn't a real concern of super powered players dominating the game, but the setup I think works better.  I'd rather pay for things like more Spartan Armor and weapon skins than pay for maps that I rarely get to use. 

It was said by Frankie on a Youtube video that the new DLC does not include achievements, and on several sites I'm already seeing people saying they won't buy it now since it doesn't include them.  That's sad by itself, that rather than play a game they play for a number, but that also means that the potential of playing on these maps has already lessened before they even come out.  That's what bothers me about it.  At least if it came with the Season Pass as an added extra and thank you for sticking with the title, you might see it more frequently.  As a stand alone thing, it just seems like it'll be a fluke thing you see in the vote option, and even then it might not be a frequently played option.

While they might give it a special playlist initially, I just figure it'll go away eventually, and it'll be a bitter thing that you paid for to support and add longevity to the game, but instead you regret buying and never get to use. 

Oh, and apparently there will be an update soon that adds 2 more specializations or armor abilities soon.  A 3rd only comes with the new DLC, though.  I kind of wish that the 2 other abilities only came with the DLC so that more people would buy it.

#1276 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

I picked up the Map Pass because I knew I'd be playing the game online for a while. The one thing that Halo has is playlists and so you can actually play with others who grabbed the DLC, unlike most other games. However the same kind of vein move when Gearbox launched the Physco character as a non-Season Pass download, it just feels wrong. Basically fans are willing to support you and then you pull this crap. That's my opinion anyways.

#1277 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

There's supposed to be limited time bonuses exclusive to the bundle.  No information on what the bonuses are, or how long this limited time window is.

#1278 ONESTARv2

ONESTARv2

Dreamcast Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

First Halo Map pack ever I wont be picking up at launch.  Halo 4 was a bust for me.  I still play it with friends, but I don't have the passionf or it that I had for the other games.  343 has handled DLC terribly.  DLC should be required for old map packs for some of the playlists. No point in buying this (at least until it goes on sale) as none of the maps will pop up in rotation EVER.  I have the season pass, and Ive had DLC pop up ONE FUCKING TIME. Not getting scammed into this nonsense again.  DLC doesn't work with a matchmaking system, we need server browsing. 

*The Cadillac of signatures*

#1279 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

championsbundle_660.png

Read about it here, http://blogs.haloway...etin-71013.aspx

Edited by Spybreak8, 11 July 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#1280 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

The Global Championship started yesterday.  Make sure you sign up before you play this week.  Even if you don't think you have a chance, 343i is giving away random prizes; the first 2 weeks prizes are avatar items or Nike+ Kinect (first week) and then Fable: The Journey (second week).  While the prizes aren't initially great, it just gives you an extra excuse to maybe play and possibly get something from it.

#1281 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

Achievements will be included in the new dlc next month.

http://www.xbox360ac...ad.php?t=504622

#1282 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:04 AM

Interesting. I guess Frank was wrong.

Repeat Survivor seems like it'll be detrimental to team games.

#1283 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

Yeah I'm playing in the Champion playlist but I suck at FFA.

#1284 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

Yeah I'm playing in the Champion playlist but I suck at FFA.

Don't feel bad.  I've played 5 games so far, and the 1st game the winner was like Nightcrawler with the way he'd bounce around you due to latency.  The other games were not as bad, but there's been a few threads with people complaining about this on the Halo 4/Waypoint forums.  

If nothing else, it just lets me work toward my Commendations.

#1285 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

Oh man the past few days have shown massive spikes in lag, not even in the competitive playlist too. One Capture the Flag match I joined into was so laggy we never saw the other team and scored 3 in a row. There was no challenge or thrill, it was like umm just score so we can leave.

#1286 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

Does playing Spartan Assault unlock anything in Halo 4?  I couldn't find anything stating that there is within the game.

#1287 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

Does playing Spartan Assault unlock anything in Halo 4?  I couldn't find anything stating that there is within the game.

I read on a few Halo wiki sites that you get some emblems to use in Halo 4.  That seems like it.

I've played 8 Global Championship games and can't bring myself to play any more.  This needed dedicated servers or to be done by regions, or both.  Watching someone get hit with a Sniper bullet, then a close range Shotgun blast, then a grenade, then a sword and survive all of that and win with 5 deaths is just bullshit.  

I can accept losing, but this latency shit from playing with foreign hosts is just awful.  

#1288 zyk

zyk

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

There will be a game of the year edition coming out. 

A source provided IGN with the image below, which outs the new version of Halo 4 as being available for $49.99 this fall along with Spartan Ops Season 1, a War Games Map Pass, the Halo 4 Champions Bundle and the digital content previously available as pre-order bonuses or in the Halo 4 Limited Edition

http://www.ign.com/a...f620dd842000028

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Knack

#1289 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

I read on a few Halo wiki sites that you get some emblems to use in Halo 4.  That seems like it.

I've played 8 Global Championship games and can't bring myself to play any more.  This needed dedicated servers or to be done by regions, or both.  Watching someone get hit with a Sniper bullet, then a close range Shotgun blast, then a grenade, then a sword and survive all of that and win with 5 deaths is just bullshit.  

I can accept losing, but this latency shit from playing with foreign hosts is just awful.  

I know, it was so bad I quite playing Halo 4 multiplayer, no joke. I do enjoy Team Slayers though but the amount of lag that games had were almost unplayable and down right an infraction of the consumer's rights.

Oh wow, not bundling the Halo 4 Champions Bundle in with the Map Pass was a sting but offering it on the GotY edition is a slap in our faces. New game modes shouldn't be optional imo.

Edited by Spybreak8, 27 August 2013 - 01:36 AM.

#1290 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

Does playing Spartan Assault unlock anything in Halo 4? I couldn't find anything stating that there is within the game.

I want to say some emblems and weapon skins. Not 100% sure though.
Posted Image