Halo 4 out November 6th!!

• Please log in to reply
1386 replies to this topic

#211 Immortal fWd

Immortal fWd

O&A Party Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

I noticed this on Amazon when I tried to pre-order last night, I also went to Gamestop.com and Bestbuy.com and no dice there either.

It's available on Walmart.com again.

Posted Image

#212 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

It's available on Walmart.com again.

I ordered a copy on Amazon when they re-upped also.

Just watched the new MP video. Gotta say, the MANTIS looks ridiculously overpowered. I'm willing to come back to the franchise after they completely botched Halo 3 and Reach since I think enough time has passed where I accept that they've stupified Halo for the masses. With each game afteR H2, they've gone away from the finesse and precision based gameplay H1 and H2 had and instead have dumbed down the mechanics, made easy to use guns hilariously easy to kill with, etc.

BUT, I'm willing to give Halo 4 more of a chance than H3 or Reach.

EDIT: First time I've seen Promethean vision for an extended amount of time:

Looks overpowered as Fuck. Granted, this is from July, they may have HOPEFULLY made some tweaks here.

Edited by A Happy Panda, 16 October 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#213 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

Do we have any groups going for Spartan Ops? I can't wait to play that every week. I'll probably have people on my friends list that are going to play it, but just in case...

Formerly known as slickkill77

#214 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

The artist formerly known as MtlTom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

Really good breakdown of some of the load outs, armor abilities, etc from a competitive standpoint.

#215 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

Hey guys I have a pre order for Halo 4 L.E. from best buy and the standard pre order from the microsoft store. I no longer need the Halo 4 L.E. because my nephews grades are slipping and his mom said nope you don't get it any more. I want the points for my self from best buy and do you think i could at least get what i paid for the L.E. on ebay or craigslist?

#216 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

Hey guys I have a pre order for Halo 4 L.E. from best buy and the standard pre order from the microsoft store. I no longer need the Halo 4 L.E. because my nephews grades are slipping and his mom said nope you don't get it any more. I want the points for my self from best buy and do you think i could at least get what i paid for the L.E. on ebay or craigslist?

Looking at ebay, LE copies are going for $120 - $140 right now .

#217 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Looking at ebay, LE copies are going for $120 - $140 right now .

And may rise a bit as we get closer to release too.

#218 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Soundtrack came today. Pretty good, a little broader in scope than most of the previous stuff (ODST nonwithstanding). Hard to fully judge it until I hear how it's used it in-game though.
Posted Image

#219 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

Soundtrack came today. Pretty good, a little broader in scope than most of the previous stuff (ODST nonwithstanding). Hard to fully judge it until I hear how it's used it in-game though.

They had 3 samples of the soundtrack, which I think were only about 20-30 seconds, on the new Xbox Music section. I really couldn't tell much from that brief of a period.

Do they retain any Halo themes or cues from the previous selection, like the piano usage or Gregorian chants?

#220 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

They had 3 samples of the soundtrack, which I think were only about 20-30 seconds, on the new Xbox Music section. I really couldn't tell much from that brief of a period.

Do they retain any Halo themes or cues from the previous selection, like the piano usage or Gregorian chants?

Was going to put something about that above...I'll spoiler it just in case, people get weird about this kind of stuff.

Minor music spoilers...

Spoiler

Edit - read elsewhere that there's a redone version of this:

...in Halo 4, but it's definitely not on the soundtrack. Here's a Youtube vid of the Halo 4 version:

Pretty fucking annoying it's not on the soundtrack.

Edited by KaneRobot, 23 October 2012 - 10:11 PM.

Posted Image

#221 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

I'm surprised by the above info. I guess they really are trying to distinguish it as a new trilogy, even though it's a sequel to an old trilogy.

#222 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

The soundtrack is only $7.99 shipped at Best Buy for those interested. And, the LE version of the soundtrack doesn't come out until 11/6 due to some revealing info, I guess. I'd like to get that LE set, but can't justify an additional $62 for the remix cd and some swell looking I'll probably end up putting in storage.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#223 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:58 AM

Yeah it's also $7.99 on Amazon right now, noticed it because they refunded me 2 bucks.

Was tempted by the fancy soundtrack edition, but not for the price they're asking.
Posted Image

#224 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

So the limited edition of the soundtrack has actual exclusives? As opposed to the limited edition of the game? What the hell...

#225 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

Jesus Christ. CTF has auto-pick up on the flag, and you can't drop it? WTF is 343i thinking. I eagerly await the patch when people flip out because they're trying to clear the enemy flag area out but accidentally walk over the flag and the game fucks them over. I'm also just learning that the pistol you get has a 40% damage boost when carrying the flag and you have a waypoint on you constantly.

I'm starting to turn more and more on this game. I wanted to give it a new shot, but goddamn...

Edit: You can cap without the flag being home now? WHAT IS HAPPENING..

#226 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

I think this one will be awesome

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#227 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Jesus Christ. CTF has auto-pick up on the flag, and you can't drop it?

I'm not in the "MP has gotten worse with every game" camp, but auto flag pick-up and not being able to drop it sounds terrible.

#228 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

New 'gameplay/story' trailer.

#229 BlaineFromMaine

BlaineFromMaine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Well, my free time have only a little bit more time left before it's gone forever...

#230 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Edit: You can cap without the flag being home now? WHAT IS HAPPENING..

You could capture the flag without your flag being home in Halo 3. I thought all the games were like that?

#231 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

You could capture the flag without your flag being home in Halo 3. I thought all the games were like that?

Negative. Depended on the gametype, but by default you needed the flag home to cap it.

In my eyes, this takes half the game away. Why would any team waste time playing defense now? Any competent team would just play midfield/offense the whole time. Also, since there's a goddamn waypoint on you at all times when carrying, if your flag IS taken, you can always flock to the waypoint.

#232 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

About a month ago, finally completed Reach. Looking to complet Halo 2 on computer now, and will have 2,3,ODST,Reach,CE Anniversary all completed. Then its on to stressville, population 1, for Halo Wars! AK!

Has anybody tried the Doritos or Mountain Dew Game Fuel for the Halo 4 extra goodies? I'm supposing the main thing is double XP, but I haven't read anywhere else if there are other goodies to be had. Regardless, will be picking up some Dew from local K-mart for the weekend!
Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)

#233 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

So long as you actually earn those achievements, that's all that matters. I still think I'm the only person who actually earned the Save This [Video] achievement. It's the achieving them that makes them fun, especially in the Halo series.

#234 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Negative. Depended on the gametype, but by default you needed the flag home to cap it.

In my eyes, this takes half the game away. Why would any team waste time playing defense now? Any competent team would just play midfield/offense the whole time. Also, since there's a goddamn waypoint on you at all times when carrying, if your flag IS taken, you can always flock to the waypoint.

I always hated CTF because of the flag bouncing crap and 90% of the games ended with maybe one flag getting scored. 343i has been testing this stuff out and we haven't even gotten a chance to play it. Judge it once you play it.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#235 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

So the limited edition of the soundtrack has actual exclusives? As opposed to the limited edition of the game? What the hell...

It comes with some remixes not on the standard version (although there is a download code in the standard version that lets you get 3 of the remixes, along with 3 tracks left off the soundtrack).

So disregarding all the bonus crap that is unrelated to the music (picture disc, bonus DVD, numbered copy, etc) you get a few extra remixes.
Posted Image

#236 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

I always hated CTF because of the flag bouncing crap

It was nice how they addressed that with the flag reset in Reach. I never understand why people can only play with exploits rather than just playing the game as it was designed to be played.

It comes with some remixes not on the standard version (although there is a download code in the standard version that lets you get 3 of the remixes, along with 3 tracks left off the soundtrack).

Are the downloads only through Xbox Music, or can you get them as MP3s?

I wish you could get the special edition from stores, as I have so much store credit to Amazon and GameStop.

#237 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

It was nice how they addressed that with the flag reset in Reach. I never understand why people can only play with exploits rather than just playing the game as it was designed to be played.

I wish you could get the special edition from stores, as I have so much store credit to Amazon and GameStop.

They got rid of flag bouncing back with the original Halo 2 patch. Flag bouncing is not the same as flag throwing.

#238 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

You just go to a website, enter your code, and download the MP3s.
Posted Image

#239 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Because I don't care how a designer wants me to play their game, if I find a way that works and the majority have a hard time dealing with it, guess what I'm going to do?

I've been iffy about the MP from the start, especially since the one in Reach sucked, but Gears 3 is a joke online now and I need to get my shootin' fix.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#240 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

WHAT IS HAPPENING..

This is why, in my mind, only Bungie could do Halo right. Microsoft, they just do whatever they know is mainstream and will sell better.