Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Halo 4 out November 6th!!

• Please log in to reply
1386 replies to this topic

#241 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Because I don't care how a designer wants me to play their game, if I find a way that works and the majority have a hard time dealing with it, guess what I'm going to do?

So modders, hackers, idle glitchers, and lag switchers are all legitimate players in your own words? Why play the game if you can't play it?

This is why online gaming sucks. Losers justify their actions because it makes them feel good.

#242 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

The artist formerly known as MtlTom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

http://blogs.haloway...in-102512-.aspx

Everyone can calm down now, the two extra helmets from the season pass now come with the Limited Edition.

Also, the article has some details on the maps coming after launch.

#243 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

So modders, hackers, idle glitchers, and lag switchers are all legitimate players in your own words? Why play the game if you can't play it?

This is why online gaming sucks. Losers justify their actions because it makes them feel good.

I don't think throwing a flag to move faster is the same as lag switching. Maybe its just me

#244 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

This is why, in my mind, only Bungie could do Halo right. Microsoft, they just do whatever they know is mainstream and will sell better.

Disagree. Even Bungie couldn't do Halo right with 3 and Reach, (the MP portions at least, I found the SP experiences in both games to be very, very good) . A Halo game is not even on the MLG circuit currently.

This is speaking from a competitive standpoint of course and I understand they made Halo more noob-friendly to attract more players, but there's enough players like me who are saddened with each release seeing the MP portion turn into some bastard mix of all the other popular FPSes.

ALL that said, I'm still willing to give it a shot. I just have to constantly tell myself this is not Halo 2 nor will it ever be Halo 2.

#245 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

While I never played much Halo 3 MP, I actually didnt mind Reach aside from the armor abilities. Still, I welcome a Halo 4 MP that would be more similar to 1 or 2...

#246 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

I don't think throwing a flag to move faster is the same as lag switching. Maybe its just me

It helps if you pay attention to the statements in the quotes. Maybe it's just me who comprehends, though.

He concedes it's not how the game is meant to be played. The game makers even establish a system against it the recent game. It literally fits the definition of a cheat.

Why do people try to make exceptions for cheats, rather than just play the game? Or they could just go play another game?

#247 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

Really, dude? Are you seriously trying to throw words in my mouth? You were talking about exploits and not playing the game designers intended and you just go full on with things that are blatant cheating.
I'll make it clear, if it is in the game, it is fair game. I don't care how cheap, broken, or disliked it is. I play to win and will use whatever tools the game allows me to use. Everyone who plays the game has access to the same tools, whether they use it or not is up to them. Lots of games at higher levels of play usually revolve around stuff that were developer oversights anyway (like say, oh....combos in Street Fighter II).

That said, modding, hacking, lagging is cheating, no different than punching your opponent or unplugging his controller if you played locally. I don't approve of this junk at all. I play games like Halo to constantly improve myself, so boosting, hacking and all that stuff has no appeal to me since I would just be lying to myself.

Also, big LMAO at your last sentence. I compete in fighting game tournaments and well aware of my own skill level. Sorry, try again.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#248 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Disagree. Even Bungie couldn't do Halo right with 3 and Reach, (the MP portions at least, I found the SP experiences in both games to be very, very good) . A Halo game is not even on the MLG circuit currently.

This is speaking from a competitive standpoint of course and I understand they made Halo more noob-friendly to attract more players, but there's enough players like me who are saddened with each release seeing the MP portion turn into some bastard mix of all the other popular FPSes.

ALL that said, I'm still willing to give it a shot. I just have to constantly tell myself this is not Halo 2 nor will it ever be Halo 2.

Why is it that the MLG crowd always wants the game to stay the same. Or that's the feeling I get. Whenever I see a "competitive player" complain its always about the changes. If they didn't change anything in the multiplayer the game would get boring. That's why they give people options. Gamers always bitch about COD being the same game every year and they still buy it because it's solid and adds new things. Obviously its not for everyone. I got sick of playing the add cod series but I can see why people enjoy it.

I'd rather have a game try to push the boundaries and fix things rather than stay stagnant. As long as they give players the option to change things how they'd like then I don't see the issue. I really find it hard to see any major flaws with Halo 4. Obviously I haven't played it, but with the number of modes, and options it has, I find it hard to believe people are still dissatisfied.

I loved Halo 2. I played it more than any of the other ones combined (multiplayer wise), but having to learn things like BXR and double shot just to stay competitive made the game a pain in the ass at the same time. I grew out of Halo multiplayer during 3 and Reach, but not because of the changes they made. I was just seeking out a different kind of game.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#249 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Why is it that the MLG crowd always wants the game to stay the same. Or that's the feeling I get. Whenever I see a "competitive player" complain its always about the changes. If they didn't change anything in the multiplayer the game would get boring. That's why they give people options. Gamers always bitch about COD being the same game every year and they still buy it because it's solid and adds new things. Obviously its not for everyone. I got sick of playing the add cod series but I can see why people enjoy it.

I'd rather have a game try to push the boundaries and fix things rather than stay stagnant. As long as they give players the option to change things how they'd like then I don't see the issue. I really find it hard to see any major flaws with Halo 4. Obviously I haven't played it, but with the number of modes, and options it has, I find it hard to believe people are still dissatisfied.

I loved Halo 2. I played it more than any of the other ones combined (multiplayer wise), but having to learn things like BXR and double shot just to stay competitive made the game a pain in the ass at the same time. I grew out of Halo multiplayer during 3 and Reach, but not because of the changes they made. I was just seeking out a different kind of game.

They've lessened the skill gap game by game. That doesn't sit well with competitive players. Halo 2 was largely a finesse game and had the perfect combo of what Bungie called the holy trinity, guns, nades, melee.

Halo 3 ruined that by adding equipment. Halo Reach further ruined it by having AAs and their absolutely atrocious melee system.

Sure, take the button glitches out, perfectly fine, but don't fix what ain't broke.

#250 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Am I the only one who thinks MLG is the nerdiest thing in the world and that kids should stop taking it so seriously like it's the leader of the Free World?

#251 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

Really, dude? Are you seriously trying to throw words in my mouth? You were talking about exploits and not playing the game designers intended and you just go full on with things that are blatant cheating.

Do you not understand what the word exploit means? Like, literally, the agreed upon definition used in language? And, further, do you know what cheat means?

Exploit: Use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way
  • - the company was exploiting a legal loophole
  • - accusations that he exploited a wealthy patient

Cheat: Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination
  • - she always cheats at cards
Notice any similarities there?

Also, big LMAO at your last sentence. I compete in fighting game tournaments and well aware of my own skill level. Sorry, try again.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny too. Glad you did as well. Glitching tournaments are hilariously sad. Let me post it again for even more laughs to be had.

---

Am I the only one who thinks MLG is the nerdiest thing in the world and that kids should stop taking it so seriously like it's the leader of the Free World?

I thought only the people in MLG took it seriously. Doesn't everyone else laugh at them? Like, literally, everyone else?

Isn't it the only Major League 'anything' where cheating is allowed and essentially encouraged, as well as being sedentary?

#252 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

So we are playing with words now? Fine.

Google gives me this:

"ex┬Ěploit/ikˈsploit/
Verb:
Make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource): "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology".
Noun:
A bold or daring feat: "the most heroic and secretive exploits of the war"."

But let's go with your definitions, for the sake of the argument.

"Exploit: Use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way"
Awesome, I don't see much wrong with it. You know what I love doing in Halo? Exploiting the power weapons and killing people shortly after they spawn. It might seem unfair to the people getting killed but they lost their intitial push and are now at a disadvantage. It does not mean they automatically lose, just that they have to work harder to compete. Is it selfish? Sure!! I want to win, and every kill I get brings my team score up by 1. Why in the world would I want to make it easy for the other team? It is still a 100% legit in game tactic that BOTH sides are capable of doing.

"Cheat: Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination"

Yup, sounds about right. This is where modders, hackers, and lag switchers fit into. It's no different than punching player 2 in the face or disconnecting his controller. These are outside of ALL the game's rules.

I don't see much of an issue here besides word play, and you've completely ignored the part of my post that addressed this stuff anyway.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#253 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

in other news...

Popped in Halo 2 tonight, I gotta say after seeing what 343 did with Anniversary, I'd be all for a remastered Halo 2 as well.

#254 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

Looking at the game and watching forward unto dawn has me looking forward to playing halo and i know i am not like most fanboys but I enjoy the halo games.

#255 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

So we are playing with words now? Fine.

Spoiler

Spoiler

in other news...

Popped in Halo 2 tonight, I gotta say after seeing what 343 did with Anniversary, I'd be all for a remastered Halo 2 as well.

Maybe they'll do same thing they did with Anniversary and have it come with maps for Halo 4.

#256 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

What's painful is your selective reading. I don't know to make this any clearer.

Everyone. Can. Flag. Juggle. Everyone. There is nothing in the game's rules that say you can't flag juggle. The game does not prevent or penalize you from flag juggling. It is an exploit in the sense you are taking full advantage of dropping the flag and picking it up so you travel faster.So, everyone can do it and the game allows everyone to do it.....how is this cheating? How does this give one player an unfair advantage over someone else when BOTH players have access to the same tools.

Also, I'm not disagreeing with your definitions, I'm telling you why I don't think they equate to cheating. That first definition especially, it's literally just about using something that works again and again in many situations. Like taking the sniper, a long range weapon, and exploiting it's headshot damage by rushing people down with it and using it like a shogtun. I'm pretty sure the devs never had that in mind, but again, I don't care. If it works, I'll keep doing it, regardless of developer intent. And I'm not saying this is even a good strategy before anyone responds, but it is something I'll do if I'm feeling ballsy.
The 3rd definition doesn't really apply unless you get into team politics and junk. So , by all means, tear down my justifications of the definitions, but don't tell me I don't understand it.

"For some bizarre reason you then bring up balanced situations, claiming them to be cheats. No one said a rocket launcher is cheating. This tangent leads to no valuable argument, and just comes across as a desperate retort, and also makes you look foolish. Do you comprehend the definitions posted above? The game designers expect you to use a rocket launcher. That's why it's in the game. You do understand that the weapons are made by the game makers, and are thus there for a reason, right?"

This right here speaks wonders and it's really telling me that you have no idea what your talking about. I mean first of all I never said anything about a rocket launcher, I said POWER WEAPON, and Halo has many of those. Secondly, the situation I was describing was locking down the other team down so I kill them quickly as they spawn. My goal is to kill them before they can reasonably fight back (I dunno if this was possible in Reach though). If you think flag juggling is cheating, there is no way you'd consider this to be any good. I'm glad you called them balanced situations though.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#257 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

The games not even out yet and you guys are crying and arguing over cheating. Drop it already holy shit, no one seems to really care but you two.

fs_overall.png

#258 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

The games not even out yet and you guys are crying and arguing over cheating. Drop it already holy shit, no one seems to really care but you two.

+1

Take it to PMs. Nobody else cares.

#259 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, God forbid there is actual gameplay discussion on CAG. We can't have none of that.

Whatever, I'm done.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#260 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Yeah, God forbid there is actual gameplay discussion on CAG. We can't have none of that.

no, there is discussion over what is considered an exploit or a glitch, hardly actual gameplay discussion...

#261 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

:lol: Yeah bitching back and forth and tossing out Webster definitions is gameplay discussion.

#262 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

In further effort to steer the thread away from bickering....

The soundtrack is pretty good. It doesn't have that over-the-topic orchestra sound or the rock undertones, but thats okay. I'm fine with 343 establishing this as a "new Halo" and the music sets it apart. So far, the stand-out track is "Requiem". This is the kind of thing to put in if you work at a desk job and let it play while you work through the day.

I got the standard CD w/ 3 extra songs + 3 remixes. The remixes seem pretty solid if you're into dubstep type stuff.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#263 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

In further effort to steer the thread away from bickering....

The soundtrack is pretty good. It doesn't have that over-the-topic orchestra sound or the rock undertones, but thats okay. I'm fine with 343 establishing this as a "new Halo" and the music sets it apart. So far, the stand-out track is "Requiem". This is the kind of thing to put in if you work at a desk job and let it play while you work through the day.

I got the standard CD w/ 3 extra songs + 3 remixes. The remixes seem pretty solid if you're into dubstep type stuff.

that's good to know. I've actually been listening to the Reach soundtrack at my desk job lately, will have to snag the soundtrack for Halo 4 on iTunes.

#264 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Its underwhelming. It definitely does not have any themes that are memorable unlike the original trilogy. It goes in the ODST, different, but still good territory

Formerly known as slickkill77

#265 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Ahhhh Nov. 6th is almost here!!!!!

#266 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Yeah from what i've heard the soundtrack is quite good too, looking forward to giving the whole thing a listen through.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#267 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Like I said a few pages ago, it's good. Goes off the usual path a bit but not so much that it is jarring.

However, after hearing it like half a dozen times or so, I'm pretty convinced that there could be a standout, identifiable theme or three in here, depending on how and when the music is used. I think the problem for me, at least at first, was missing all the music we're used to in these games. Once I tuned that out I started noticing stuff that could definitely be memorable (again depending on when and how it is used in the game) and carry through the trilogy.

#268 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

So this is out now http://www.halowaypo...n-US/halo4guide

#269 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

I saw that earlier. I'm really diggin' the armors. I like how many there are, even if they're pretty crazy looking. Also glad to see
Spoiler

#270 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Saw this before as well, made me even more pumped. I personally really like the armors and definitely can't wait to try out all of the guns now. It's also neat seeing the new stuff like the Broadsword and Lich.

659629.png?68329996