[PS Vita] Motorstorm RC - Free for Vita 03/06/12

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

I prefer regular...but I feel like the controls aren't...sensitive enough? I always find myself taking the turns wide if I don't let off slightly.

I forced myself to put it down last night after I'd beaten you an Syn on the first track. :P

It took me like 4 attempts to be you guys, and when I did it was barely. We're talking 0.020 seconds. Now I have to improve that??? Bastard! :-P

Edited by SynGamer, 07 March 2012 - 02:41 PM.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#32 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Love the Motostorm games but I didnt like this one much. Felt it hard to control too.
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#33 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

I'm constantly smashing into walls...I have a problem with not letting up on the gas, I'm always full throttle. I did all my races last night in "alternative mode". Next time I'll try with normal controls. Once we get used to the controls, I have a feeling will be beating each by thousandths of a second.

The say the game is easy for anyone to play, but hard to master. I don't care that the game doesn't have online mode. Seeing the ghosts and racing against your friends time is great. I never have to be online and set up a time with anyone, just pick up and play.

#34 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

yeah i don't care for this game at all. at least it's free.

#35 blackjaw

blackjaw

probably surfing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

I've had fun with it, the controls are hard but satisfying.

#36 smthng

smthng

Just a hoopy frood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

I prefer regular...but I feel like the controls aren't...sensitive enough? I always find myself taking the turns wide if I don't let off slightly.

Ok... I'm playing the nerd card here. I have a couple RC cars, and I do occasionally race them, sometimes on a real track. Someone who designed the physics is at least somewhat familiar with real RC cars... they're not as easy to handle as they look. I've got a Rustler with a brushless motor that can hit about 70 mph... Even on an empty paved parking lot, it'll drift or spin if I don't let off on the slightest turn. I think the game physics are a bit exagerated, but any decent RC vehicle is going to run wide if it's got any kind of decent motor. They're feather weight and can put out gobs of power. I'm sure we'll get used to it, or eventually unlock slightly stickier cars.

It took me like 4 attempts to be you guys, and when I did it was barely. We're talking 0.020 seconds. Now I have to improve that??? Bastard! :-P

:P

If it makes you feel any better, I've got a friend who's ahead of me by FOUR SECONDS on that track. :(

#37 teddybass

teddybass

Minor Threat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

I will send you some friend invites so I can have some decent ghost times to race against... my psn is minorthreat, add me to your list if you dont mind, thnx!

minorthreat.png

#38 smthng

smthng

Just a hoopy frood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

Now that it's out, here's some more interesting stuff I found digging around...

Trophies for the two versions appear to be tracked separately for PS3 and Vita versions... I have different percentages of trophies on each version.
There looks like there will probably two additional "add-on" packs... they show up under the Vita trophy list if you look in the trophies app. Haven't checked the PS3 version yet.

Spoiler

There also appear to be named "tricks" or smthng. I've found two on the playground.

Spoiler

Has anyone found any other "tricks"?

Has anyone yet figured out how to unlock the other portions of the playground?
Next to the entrance of each "area" of the playground is a sign with a number on it. That's how many medals you have to have to unlock that area.

Edited by smthng, 08 March 2012 - 12:40 AM.

#39 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

For "tricks" if you go through the basketball hoop, it pops something up.

#40 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

My tip is to use regular controls, switch steering to the dpad, and switch accel to X. Fixed the controls for me. Loving this game.

#41 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:53 AM

Got this for free earlier, just did the free promotion but cancelled the download before it started as it'll be in my download history anyways. Question though, anyone know how long it'll be on sale for $7 and change? I'm a PSN+ member and am thinking of getting the bundle of both versions now just so I won't have to wait later on and regret not getting it while it was on sale.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

Hey guys. Anyone can feel free to add me as well.. It's nice to actually have some times to shoot for om this.

Really loving the game so far. Used to love RC Pro AM when I was a kid.

#43 XClaude

XClaude

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

I'm loving this game. This is how RC cars should drive. Their power to weight ratio is off the roof, so they'll be propelling out of control if you don't ease off the throttle.

Feel free to add me on PSN: DuyNgn

Send me a message or something so I know you're a fellow CAG.

#44 smthng

smthng

Just a hoopy frood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

BTW, there's a patch out. Description says it fixes minor network and playability issues. You'll need to snag it before you can sign in to the leaderboards again.

#45 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

My tip is to use regular controls, switch steering to the dpad, and switch accel to X. Fixed the controls for me. Loving this game.

This.

I was not liking this game one bit despite it being free, but changing the controls has made this addictive as all get out. Well done Sony & Scion!
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#46 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

OK, so I think I figured out how to patch games. First you have to click the icon to download the patch, wait for patch to download, then you have to hit that same icon to apply/install patch?

#47 smthng

smthng

Just a hoopy frood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:47 AM

I think you're spot on other than the last step. You can manually install it, or it will just install the next time you try to start the game as long as it's completed the download.

You can also force a "check" for updates by hitting the "refresh" icon on the top, right of the center.

#48 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:49 AM

See, I downloaded the patch but when I checked my notification area, it wouldn't do anything when I pressed on the completed download. Anyway, it's installed so all is well :) Also, I go ta few playground trophies tonight :)

#49 smthng

smthng

Just a hoopy frood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

How are you getting playground trophies when it seems that you haven't actually done much? I think your time shows up on one, maybe two tracks for me. Did you buy the unlock time saver pass?

#50 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Indeed. I'll still have to play through the game and get medals to unlock other trophies, but I felt the developer deserved at least "something" in terms of revenue. $1.49...

#51 smthng

smthng

Just a hoopy frood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

Ok, that makes more sense to me... I paid them the $7.50 for the PS3 version instead. I'm sure I'll get the unlocks eventually.

#52 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

I don't see myself playing the PS3 version often, so I opted to pass on that for now.

#53 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

I'm really liking this game, as it's a great fit for just keeping it alive via multitasking and going back to it every once in a while to play a couple of races between other things that I'm doing.

#54 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

http://blog.eu.plays...lable-tomorrow/

The first DLC pack of new tracks set in an indoor skate park will be out this week for EU PSN and I don't see a US blog post yet. It looks like you'll get 16 tracks for about $3 whenever that happens.

#55 smthng

smthng

Just a hoopy frood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

That is looking pretty sweet...

But, I'd honestly expect the price to be a bit higher when it hits here... The EU version of the original was 6 EU, with a price of $10 US. That will probably bring us to about $5 US for the DLC if they stay with roughly the same exchange rate. Even at $5, I'm in!

#56 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

I noticed last night that the trophies for the expansion packs are listed on the Vita trophy list.
Spoiler

#57 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

I'm really liking this game, as it's a great fit for just keeping it alive via multitasking and going back to it every once in a while to play a couple of races between other things that I'm doing.

Same here. Plus you and dallow are lkeeping me busy with the leaderboards since one of the two of you keeps knocking my score off and I have to re-do them :P
Posted Image

#58 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

The Pro-Am expansion is out now for $2.99 (take that, smthng :-P) and $1.50 for PS+ along with two car packs (one free for PS+ and the other's $0.50 for PS+) for $0.99 each. The DLC is cross-platform if you're wondering.

#59 JG5253

JG5253

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

The Pro-Am expansion is out now for $2.99 (take that, smthng :-P) and $1.50 for PS+ along with two car packs (one free for PS+ and the other's $0.50 for PS+) for $0.99 each. The DLC is cross-platform if you're wondering.

That's awesome. I will definitely pick this up.

#60 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

The only weird thing is that they don't seem to show up as PS+ deals on the Vita. You'd have to buy them on the PS3 and then download them from the Vita's PS Store after that.