Photo
- - - - -

Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia - 2nd Ed. Pre-Order (w/ ACIII content) ships Oct. 2012

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:27 AM

Ubi Workshop just started taking pre-orders for the 2nd edition of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia. The first edition sold out quickly and is now going for twice the list price on eBay.

Updates for the Second Edition:
- Hardcover (previously only the European black version was hardcover)
- 80 additional pages (covering ACIII and AC: The Chain)
- etc (see website)

Pre-order price is $39.95 ($10 off list). Word of warning, shipping is $13+ via UPS (the cheapest option to Illinois, at least).

http://store.ubiwork...second-edition/

Title of the thread is misleading. Shouldn't say includes ACIII.

#32 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

your post is misleading. the ubisoft item preorder page says;

"

Assassin’s Creed The Encyclopedia: Second Edition is the definitive guide to a universe that spans over many different platforms and media. A must-have for fans new to the game world as well as those who have been fascinated with the series since day one, this encyclopedia features new information and amazing artwork, updated with content of the upcoming monster game Assassin’s Creed III and upcoming graphic novel Assassin’s Creed: The Chain."

Title of the thread is misleading. Shouldn't say includes ACIII.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#33 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

If you pay with paypal it's taken out right away. I believe this is true with any pre-orders anywhere. I don't think they can put a paypal payment on hold for x amount of time.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#34 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

Thanks OP! I jumped on this since I waited too long on the first edition. This one will be more complete anyway.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#35 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

This has me interested. I might pre-order this. I have never pre-ordered from Ubisoft's store.

Thinking of getting the Doctor Jack-in-the-Box as well since I have the Gamestop's exclusive Harlequin one.

Is this like any other place where you put $5 down and pay the rest when the encyclopedia is released?

#36 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

This has me interested. I might pre-order this. I have never pre-ordered from Ubisoft's store.

Thinking of getting the Doctor Jack-in-the-Box as well since I have the Gamestop's exclusive Harlequin one.

Is this like any other place where you put $5 down and pay the rest when the encyclopedia is released?

Are there any online shops that work that way?

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

#37 Sanges99

Sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hmm, $50+ ? I'm going to have to stew on this one a bit. :-k

Posted Image

#38 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Missed out on the first one and its restock, and was pretty upset. Made sure to nail down an order for this one right away.
Posted Image

#39 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

your post is misleading. the ubisoft item preorder page says;

"

Assassin’s Creed The Encyclopedia: Second Edition is the definitive guide to a universe that spans over many different platforms and media. A must-have for fans new to the game world as well as those who have been fascinated with the series since day one, this encyclopedia features new information and amazing artwork, updated with content of the upcoming monster game Assassin’s Creed III and upcoming graphic novel Assassin’s Creed: The Chain."

Huh? I don't know how his post was misleading you to think anything.. All he said was the title should be fixed, in no way was that misleading in his post. On another note, the title is very misleading as it does say it includes ACIII which it doesn't include the game at all, it includes "New ACIII Content, Artwork, etc."
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#40 quatrevav35

quatrevav35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:36 AM

Are there any online shops that work that way?

Quite a number of import stores allow you to do this. Also I know when ordering PVC figures from GSC's online store I can select paypal and they won't charge or attempt to until the item releases, then they will try a charge and if it fails send you an invoice via paypal.

#41 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

I thought this included the game, change the title.

#42 darkarcon

darkarcon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:49 AM

I thought this included the game, change the title.

Same, read title and thought it was a free copy of ACIII w/ purchase of encyclopedia.

#43 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU are you serious!? F@#$ing serious?!

I JUST bought this from ebay. Like a week ago. Well not the white softcover one, one of the black hardcover ones from the overseas CE (because the hardcover is better and also the ones from overseas are actually CHEAPER, even after shipping, than the massively overpriced softcover ones people are trying to hock).

The only reason I bought the black edition was because I wanted the hardcover. Now this?

Maybe I can contact the seller and ask for a return. Or try to resell it to get most or more than my money back. I haven't even taken it out of the shrinkwrap yet.

Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and take full credit for this. Figures that I buy the encyclopedia and 3 days after I get it they announce a new one. You're welcome everyone!

Ruahrc

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edited by Ruahrc, 07 March 2012 - 03:03 AM.

#44 Phokal

Phokal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

Thanks, OP and Ruahrc.

Also, "Encyclopedia includes AC3" is not equal to "Free Copy of AC3". Title seems fine to me but I've used a real Encyclopedia before.

#45 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Rua the book is nearly a year from release. Enjoy what you have.

#46 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

Huh? I don't know how his post was misleading you to think anything.. All he said was the title should be fixed, in no way was that misleading in his post. On another note, the title is very misleading as it does say it includes ACIII which it doesn't include the game at all, it includes "New ACIII Content, Artwork, etc."

Thanks for pointing this out. It didn't occur to me that people anticipated a free $60 game with their $40 encyclopedia. I updated the title as best I could within the character limit. Hopefully it's more clear.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUU are you serious!? F@#$ing serious?!

I JUST bought this from ebay. Like a week ago. Well not the white softcover one, one of the black hardcover ones from the overseas CE (because the hardcover is better and also the ones from overseas are actually CHEAPER, even after shipping, than the massively overpriced softcover ones people are trying to hock).

The only reason I bought the black edition was because I wanted the hardcover. Now this?

Maybe I can contact the seller and ask for a return. Or try to resell it to get most or more than my money back. I haven't even taken it out of the shrinkwrap yet.

Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and take full credit for this. Figures that I buy the encyclopedia and 3 days after I get it they announce a new one. You're welcome everyone!

Ruahrc

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUU

You probably ordered from the same seller that's been on my eBay watch list for the past couple months. I already had the white paperback, but I'm a sucker for hardcovers. Luckily, the email came before I pulled the trigger on a second copy.

The black cover is sexy, though...
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#47 Assassin9

Assassin9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

Thanks OP!

I skipped on the previous one, simply because it wasn't hardcover. This is an instant buy.

#48 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

The black cover is sexy, though...

It might not even be white, it does have a disclaimer in the picture on the bottom right corner that says "Picture differs from actual product."

#49 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

Anyone know if you can order now, then change your mind later and cancel the preorder? I'm kinda on the fence about this one.

#50 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

Anyone know if you can order now, then change your mind later and cancel the preorder? I'm kinda on the fence about this one.

Just email ubiworkshop. I emailed them when I ordered the first edition and wanted to take advantage of a new lower shipping rate (it used to be $20+ to ship to the US). They were responsive and very helpful.

#51 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

Put in my order. One of those rare kind of extravagant things I'll buy for myself, but man...I hope there isn't a 3rd Edition....and a 4th...down the line.
Posted Image

#52 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

Hate all these revisions updates they do. Bought comics wenton sale two days later and the announced a deluxe edition of the comics which I luckily got off eBau for under $20 bucks. Then I preorder encyclopedia and now therez a new one!

#53 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Geez, I didn't buy the first one because the only reason I'd want it is to catch up before Revelations, which made it pointless since it had Revelations spoilers. So the other morning I was thinking I'd pick this up to prepare for AC3, but it looks like the second edition is going to have the same problem.

#54 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

I'm probably going to put down a pre-order or two, but it's kind of unsettling that they charge right away (even for credit cards), especially since the release date is 7 months from now… isn't that outside of every sort of dispute method in the (unlikely) change that things go to hell and the books end up not shipping / shipping damaged and Ubisoft decides to disavow responsibility?

3G' and Friends Group Lowball is now OVER!!! Thank you, and please remember to leave feedback!!! 

Get a PS4 or $375 Conga Line, proof of payouts to CAGs in OP!

#55 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

Ubisoft has posted some new info regarding this 2nd edition encyclopedia.

Also some AC3 story related info from the writer of AC.:)

#56 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Is it worth waiting 7 months for this version at $54 or should I get the UK black hardcover now for $60? The extra 80 pages is a nice addition but I really like the black cover much better.

#57 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

The extra pages are worth it. That's a lot of extra, and an entire very important game left out of it.

#58 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

So i'm a sucker for anything assassins creed, ran across the Revelation Steelbook case and wow thought that was beautiful, placed a bid on it on ebay but i'm not paying over $10 for it lol. Anyways when was that available? I can't believe i didn't know about it.

On topic, the price is up to $50.. i just wish this preorder didn't charge you immediately because that's what caused me not to preorder before at the $40 price, i don't want my money paid somewhere and forget about it later if something happens.
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#59 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

Maybe it's changed in the last couple of weeks, but you should be able to easily get that AC3 steelbook anywhere by preordering the game at a retailer. There were stacks and stacks of them at my local BB last time I was in. Don't overpay for it on fleabay.

#60 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Damn hope it goes back down to 39.95.