Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia - 2nd Ed. Pre-Order (w/ ACIII content) ships Oct. 2012

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
***Encyclopedia does not include ACIII game***

Ubi Workshop just started taking pre-orders for the 2nd edition of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia. The first edition sold out quickly and is now going for twice the list price on eBay.

Updates for the Second Edition:
- Hardcover (previously only the European black version was hardcover)
- 80 additional pages (covering ACIII and AC: The Chain)
- etc (see website)

Pre-order price is $39.95 ($10 off list) $49.95. Word of warning, shipping is $13+ via UPS (the cheapest option to Illinois, at least). Also, your credit card is charged when you place the order.

http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-the-encyclopedia-second-edition/

Update: This can now be purchased in a bundle with the ACIII game and graphic novels with free shipping. See my other post in the CE Compilation Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9666054&postcount=1902

Product Image:
f2356e8821d0d82cded3c2c83e6516a3.1280.1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Do they charge when the order is submitted or when it ships?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.....< checks CC >

Looks like they charge when the order is submitted.

Thanks op. Missed out on 1st edition and didn't one miss out on this one even though the expected shipping date is october!
dfVC

[quote name='WingsDJY']Hmmm.....< checks CC >

Looks like they charge when the order is submitted.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info

I just pre-ordered one, shipping was $13.36 for me. Looks like its coming from France, I hope I don't get hit with a foreign exchange rate fee on my credit card since the merchant's name is also in French.

Edit: It might be coming from Canada...

Suddenly very glad I didn't get the first one, will probably bite on this one. Revelations was a bit of a disappointment for several reasons, but I'm still on the AC train overall.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Suddenly very glad I didn't get the first one, will probably bite on this one. Revelations was a bit of a disappointment for several reasons, but I'm still on the AC train overall.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know about the first one... but since they're just adding information to update it to Revelations, there's a good chance they'll just release another edition with ACIII and the subsequent ACIII sequels (like a Brotherhood and Revelations equivalent).

[quote name='Vinny']I didn't even know about the first one... but since they're just adding information to update it to Revelations, there's a good chance they'll just release another edition with ACIII and the subsequent ACIII sequels (like a Brotherhood and Revelations equivalent).[/QUOTE]
The second edition is updated to AC3 not Revelations. The release date for this second edition is not until October. If ubisoft told the truth about ending Desmond's story in AC3, I don't see myself buying another encyclopedia for a spin off.

Was the original edition available for purchase anywhere other than the Ubi store? I might pick this one up, but it'd be nice if there were better deals to be had.

[quote name='htz']The second edition is updated to AC3 not Revelations. The release date for this second edition is not until October. If ubisoft told the truth about ending Desmond's story in AC3, I don't see myself buying another encyclopedia for a spin off.[/QUOTE]

Ah, my mistake... don't know why, but I thought ACIII as Revelations.

I might have to get this then.:whistle2:k

I'd tell ya but the answer is only one click away in the OP. I wondered the same thing[quote name='blahtastic']How many pages is it?[/QUOTE]

*facepalm*

*sigh*...thanks for pointing out my stupidity...or ignorance...or pure laziness.

[quote name='shadowkast']I'd tell ya but the answer is only one click away in the OP. I wondered the same thing[/QUOTE]

AC 2 had me excited for brotherhood, which wasnt bad. But the quick release of Revelations and 3 announcement just means that they cooked the golden goose.

[quote name='proKoyeon']was about to drop 95 on this from ebay...post came just in time[/QUOTE]

Not saying you should pay inflated prices but you aren't doing yourself a favor. The one online is the real edition, first print, which is most worthwhile.

I'm sad I even bought the first edition. They sent me email about second edition today and it looks awesome.

Anybody know if things will ship separately if I order a shirt too? Don't really want to wait until October to get the shirt. Or pay separate shipping to get it sooner.

When was the first edition released!? I never even knew about this until now.. Not really worth getting a second edition though, i much rather have a first.

[quote name='uEih']When was the first edition released!? I never even knew about this until now.. Not really worth getting a second edition though, i much rather have a first.[/QUOTE]

first one doesn't cover ac3 or the upcoming ac graphic novel.

[quote name='technicalstylez']first one doesn't cover ac3 or the upcoming ac graphic novel.[/QUOTE]

Yea i know but i the rarity of the first edition is favored a bit more. But i'll think about this.. I'll order only if they charge when they ship which i'm sure they do.

Has anyone used PayPal to order this? I'm wondering if PayPal funds will be "charged" when you order or if it waits until shipping...

[quote name='Gamer SDP']hopefully there's a "coupon code" soon[/QUOTE]

What's this "coupon code" supposed to be?

[quote name='uEih']When was the first edition released!? I never even knew about this until now.. Not really worth getting a second edition though, i much rather have a first.[/QUOTE]
Unless your going to re-sell it, I think the second edition is worth more. Its the definitive edition covering the AC trilogy with Desmonds story arc if ubisoft did not lie about ending Desmond's story in AC3.

• Up-to-date with Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed: The Chain narrative content
  • Revised content from the first edition based on all feedback (dev team and community)
  • Over 80 new pages of content
  • New cartes blanches
  • Hardcover
80 new pages, hardcover, revisions to the content in the 1st edition, plus additional stuff covering AC3 should make this the best edition of the encyclopedia to an AC fan for personal ownership.
[quote name='VincenteX']Was the original edition available for purchase anywhere other than the Ubi store? I might pick this one up, but it'd be nice if there were better deals to be had.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure this is only sold in Ubi's store.
[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Has anyone used PayPal to order this? I'm wondering if PayPal funds will be "charged" when you order or if it waits until shipping...[/QUOTE]
I think they only accept Paypal. Anyways I did pay with Paypal and was charged immediately.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Ubi Workshop just started taking pre-orders for the 2nd edition of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia. The first edition sold out quickly and is now going for twice the list price on eBay.

Updates for the Second Edition:
- Hardcover (previously only the European black version was hardcover)
- 80 additional pages (covering ACIII and AC: The Chain)
- etc (see website)

Pre-order price is $39.95 ($10 off list). Word of warning, shipping is $13+ via UPS (the cheapest option to Illinois, at least).

http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-the-encyclopedia-second-edition/[/QUOTE]

Title of the thread is misleading. Shouldn't say includes ACIII.

your post is misleading. the ubisoft item preorder page says;

"

Assassin’s Creed The Encyclopedia: Second Edition is the definitive guide to a universe that spans over many different platforms and media. A must-have for fans new to the game world as well as those who have been fascinated with the series since day one, this encyclopedia features new information and amazing artwork, updated with content of the upcoming monster game Assassin’s Creed III and upcoming graphic novel Assassin’s Creed: The Chain."

[quote name='NEP']Title of the thread is misleading. Shouldn't say includes ACIII.[/QUOTE]

If you pay with paypal it's taken out right away. I believe this is true with any pre-orders anywhere. I don't think they can put a paypal payment on hold for x amount of time.

This has me interested. I might pre-order this. I have never pre-ordered from Ubisoft's store.

Thinking of getting the Doctor Jack-in-the-Box as well since I have the Gamestop's exclusive Harlequin one.

Is this like any other place where you put $5 down and pay the rest when the encyclopedia is released?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']This has me interested. I might pre-order this. I have never pre-ordered from Ubisoft's store.

Thinking of getting the Doctor Jack-in-the-Box as well since I have the Gamestop's exclusive Harlequin one.

Is this like any other place where you put $5 down and pay the rest when the encyclopedia is released?[/QUOTE]

Are there any online shops that work that way?

[quote name='technicalstylez']your post is misleading. the ubisoft item preorder page says;

"

Assassin’s Creed The Encyclopedia: Second Edition is the definitive guide to a universe that spans over many different platforms and media. A must-have for fans new to the game world as well as those who have been fascinated with the series since day one, this encyclopedia features new information and amazing artwork, updated with content of the upcoming monster game Assassin’s Creed III and upcoming graphic novel Assassin’s Creed: The Chain."[/QUOTE]

Huh? I don't know how his post was misleading you to think anything.. All he said was the title should be fixed, in no way was that misleading in his post. On another note, the title is very misleading as it does say it includes ACIII which it doesn't include the game at all, it includes "New ACIII Content, Artwork, etc."

[quote name='Zaku77']Are there any online shops that work that way?[/QUOTE]
Quite a number of import stores allow you to do this. Also I know when ordering PVC figures from GSC's online store I can select paypal and they won't charge or attempt to until the item releases, then they will try a charge and if it fails send you an invoice via paypal.

[quote name='DaShaka']I thought this included the game, change the title.[/QUOTE]

Same, read title and thought it was a free copy of ACIII w/ purchase of encyclopedia.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU are you serious!? F@#$ing serious?!

I JUST bought this from ebay. Like a week ago. Well not the white softcover one, one of the black hardcover ones from the overseas CE (because the hardcover is better and also the ones from overseas are actually CHEAPER, even after shipping, than the massively overpriced softcover ones people are trying to hock).

The only reason I bought the black edition was because I wanted the hardcover. Now this?

Maybe I can contact the seller and ask for a return. Or try to resell it to get most or more than my money back. I haven't even taken it out of the shrinkwrap yet.

Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and take full credit for this. Figures that I buy the encyclopedia and 3 days after I get it they announce a new one. You're welcome everyone!

Ruahrc

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Thanks, OP and Ruahrc.

Also, "Encyclopedia includes AC3" is not equal to "Free Copy of AC3". Title seems fine to me but I've used a real Encyclopedia before.

[quote name='uEih']Huh? I don't know how his post was misleading you to think anything.. All he said was the title should be fixed, in no way was that misleading in his post. On another note, the title is very misleading as it does say it includes ACIII which it doesn't include the game at all, it includes "New ACIII Content, Artwork, etc."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing this out. It didn't occur to me that people anticipated a free $60 game with their $40 encyclopedia. I updated the title as best I could within the character limit. Hopefully it's more clear.

[quote name='uEih']FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUU are you serious!? F@#$ing serious?!

I JUST bought this from ebay. Like a week ago. Well not the white softcover one, one of the black hardcover ones from the overseas CE (because the hardcover is better and also the ones from overseas are actually CHEAPER, even after shipping, than the massively overpriced softcover ones people are trying to hock).

The only reason I bought the black edition was because I wanted the hardcover. Now this?

Maybe I can contact the seller and ask for a return. Or try to resell it to get most or more than my money back. I haven't even taken it out of the shrinkwrap yet.

Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and take full credit for this. Figures that I buy the encyclopedia and 3 days after I get it they announce a new one. You're welcome everyone!

Ruahrc

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUU[/QUOTE]

You probably ordered from the same seller that's been on my eBay watch list for the past couple months. I already had the white paperback, but I'm a sucker for hardcovers. Luckily, the email came before I pulled the trigger on a second copy.

The black cover is sexy, though...

[quote name='WingsDJY']
The black cover is sexy, though...[/QUOTE]
It might not even be white, it does have a disclaimer in the picture on the bottom right corner that says "Picture differs from actual product."

bread's done
Back