Medal of Honor: Warfighter BETA IS OUT OCT 5TH

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 not2worried

not2worried

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

Been thinking about getting this or going back to BF3. Looks like BF3 again. Thanks for those the posted there thought to this point.

#32 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

The enemy that is highlighted is the person who just killed your squad mate. The same applies for whenever you kill someone, his squad mate is alerted of where you are and what you are doing.

Ah, thanks. Makes sense, and good to know.

#33 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Played it and think it's shit. MoH series keeps getting worse with every new game.

#34 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

I downloaded the beta... but based upon what you all are saying I think I'll just ignore it and go back to Borderlands 2.

Kind of a shame... I would have liked to seen another quality CoD type shooter on the market in an effort to push CoD to new heights... or at least the heights it use to be. (Haven't gotten one since MW2 and skipped Black Ops too.)

#35 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

I downloaded the beta... but based upon what you all are saying I think I'll just ignore it and go back to Borderlands 2.

Kind of a shame... I would have liked to seen another quality CoD type shooter on the market in an effort to push CoD to new heights... or at least the heights it use to be. (Haven't gotten one since MW2 and skipped Black Ops too.)

Give it a shot It has gotten better since the first day and a half. You have to put time in the beta and get a feel for things, once you do that you will enjoy it a lot more.

Try using a different class like the special ops class, using the mp7 or the sniper class and try out the semi auto sniper. Both guns are very good. Might have to rank up a few levels to unlock them.

It's pretty funny that everybody thinks this going to be the finished product. They did the same thing with BF3 last year with old alpha and beta builds. I am not trying to change anyone's stance, but I would not listen to the opinion's of people who have not put anytime in the beta.

The only things I don't like are the slow reload times, it takes forever to reload and when you spawn, the primary weapon takes forever to come out. I am not expecting much out of the beta, I know the graphics, mechanics and many bugs will be more polished and the bugs will be reduced.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#36 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

The alpha of BF3 was exactly the same as release, the only exception was some bugs were fixed in the final build that weren't in the alpha. Hell the soft ground in metro in the first set of MCOMs wasn't even fixed until the game came out for the PC. Beta isn't beta anymore with regards to consoles. I guess we'll see when it comes out this month how much they actually changed in a few weeks.

fs_overall.png

#37 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

The alpha of BF3 was exactly the same as release, the only exception was some bugs were fixed in the final build that weren't in the alpha. Hell the soft ground in metro in the first set of MCOMs wasn't even fixed until the game came out for the PC. Beta isn't beta anymore with regards to consoles. I guess we'll see when it comes out this month how much they actually changed in a few weeks.

I agree with this statement. It's hard to call it a beta when it's only a few weeks from release. If this game was still months ago, I would give it a chance but after playing the demo for several days, I'll probably wait for it to drop in price.

#38 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

I agree with this statement. It's hard to call it a beta when it's only a few weeks from release. If this game was still months ago, I would give it a chance but after playing the demo for several days, I'll probably wait for it to drop in price.

I mean maybe it is an actual beta build, but I can guarantee that whatever build version it is, isn't that far from release. I know they didn't just package what they had up until the week of the release of the demo, it's probably a few months old, but in the development life cycle, even if it was 3 months prior to last week, not much is going to change later this month.

fs_overall.png

#39 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

Gears of War 3 had a real beta. EA doesn't do real betas. These are more multiplayer demos/stress tests/wide-release QA tests hiding behind the shield of lol just beta guys. How many issues can they really fix when the game is on shelves in just 2 weeks. It's gotta go gold sometime.

#40 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

I dunno... It was ok I guess..

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#41 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

BF 3 didn't look like a turd though. I know that games aren't all about looks blah blah blah, but seriously, does anyone really trust danger close? There's a reason Dice helped them with the first game's multiplayer. The single player was fun but severely flawed. Now Danger Close is working on the game by themselves and I think it shows. Outdated graphics, piss poor menu system, and nothing interesting about the game what so ever. I may pick this up down the line, more than likely I'll rent it to play the SP, but this deserves no attention at all.

The concept of a console beta is pretty much becoming blurred with an outright demo, but these "betas" are important. Even if the team can't make the changes on the final build, they can begin work on the first patch. There's nothing like have hundreds of thousands of people testing out your game and telling you the flaws and what's unbalanced. With Battlefield 3 we all knew what we were getting into. The game is awesome. This game on the other hand...no so much

Formerly known as slickkill77

#42 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

BF 3 didn't look like a turd though. I know that games aren't all about looks blah blah blah, but seriously, does anyone really trust danger close? There's a reason Dice helped them with the first game's multiplayer. The single player was fun but severely flawed. Now Danger Close is working on the game by themselves and I think it shows. Outdated graphics, piss poor menu system, and nothing interesting about the game what so ever. I may pick this up down the line, more than likely I'll rent it to play the SP, but this deserves no attention at all.

The concept of a console beta is pretty much becoming blurred with an outright demo, but these "betas" are important. Even if the team can't make the changes on the final build, they can begin work on the first patch. There's nothing like have hundreds of thousands of people testing out your game and telling you the flaws and what's unbalanced. With Battlefield 3 we all knew what we were getting into. The game is awesome. This game on the other hand...no so much

The debate wasn't whether or not BF3 looked good or bad, it was that they both looked the same when they were released. What people are seeing in this demo is what they will see when the game comes out.

I agree regarding the patches though, hopefully they can make it better and when it hits the $20 bin it will be fun, or even come Black Friday. I stopped playing COD because I don't find spawn die spawn die spawn die spawn die for 10 minutes fun. This is exactly that but somehow worse.

I hope they expand a little more on the different SF affiliations though I think there's a lot of potential there. I'm just so starved for a decent FPS that doesn't involve vehicles as heavily as BF3 and I don't want it to just be Halo.

fs_overall.png

#43 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

I played a few games and its decent. Better than the last MOH but that's not saying much. Any way to switch countries after you have picked one? Thx.
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#44 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

I liked the beta, went and preordered yesterday. I figure wth got my other 6 games this season preordered. Plus I get bf4 beta. Hellllllllllll yessss

#45 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

So this is released today. Anyone know if it uses an online pass? Being an EA game, I presume it probably does, which means there is no sense in renting a copy to try it out, since I'd probably be unable to access the multiplayer.

#46 not2worried

not2worried

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

I have heard the reviews will be late, due to a large first day patch.

#47 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Got this from Redbox and the sniping is horrible. I'm on the first mission still where I'm forced to snipe some people and I'm about to just take it back.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#48 foster1887

foster1887

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

Got this from Redbox and the sniping is horrible. I'm on the first mission still where I'm forced to snipe some people and I'm about to just take it back.

^^^This

Either it is glitched or I can't snipe for shit. There are 7 guys you have to snipe. I can get the first 5 and then I can't hit the other 2. I randomly shot once at the other 2 and hit them but it wouldn't let me move on. I hope multiplayer will be much better....

#49 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

You have to account for bullet drop. The last two guys, use the 3rd or 4th line on the scope to drop em.

Also, you don't have to get headshots.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#50 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

I like this game it's fun.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#51 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

You have to account for bullet drop. The last two guys, use the 3rd or 4th line on the scope to drop em.

Also, you don't have to get headshots.

I just wish the game would have said something about that. I feel like I do aim higher and still miss. The guy tells me to aim to the right I do and still miss. I have the feeling I only got past that part due to luck. There should have been a sniping part of the 30 second tutorial they had, or a box should have popped up with instructions or something.

I'm probably in the minority and play these kinds of games for the single player mainly and I'm disappointed with this one so far. You go through some cool locations, but somehow it's just not fun. Also the AI is really stupid and caused me to get caught multiple times when we were supposed to have been sneaking around.

#52 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

I'll probably regret it, but I kinda do want this game.

Trade List

#53 scottyd88

scottyd88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

Rented it. Forgot to check about the online pass. Origin gave me a two day free trial though. Not sure if that has anything related to it being a red box copy or no. Multiplayer has some things to like but its kind of buggy. If this was released during the summer instead of crammed in between the big shooters (Borderlands, COD BLOPS II, and Halo 4) I think it'd be a lot more successful. Reminds me of Homefront's multiplayer mixed with some COD and BF.

#54 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

Rented it. Forgot to check about the online pass. Origin gave me a two day free trial though. Not sure if that has anything related to it being a red box copy or no. Multiplayer has some things to like but its kind of buggy. If this was released during the summer instead of crammed in between the big shooters (Borderlands, COD BLOPS II, and Halo 4) I think it'd be a lot more successful. Reminds me of Homefront's multiplayer mixed with some COD and BF.

I checked redbox.com and don't see MOH for Xbox, only ps3. You rented Xbox one?
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#55 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Whoa whoa... 4 guy team, breach I take out two and all my teammates sit on their arses while I get shot up... ? Uhh... yeah... SELLING GAME...

I knew I'd regret it...

Trade List

#56 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Whoa whoa... 4 guy team, breach I take out two and all my teammates sit on their arses while I get shot up... ? Uhh... yeah... SELLING GAME...

I knew I'd regret it...

Just wait until late in the game, you have to breach into a room that has SIX enemies instead of the usual 4, and of course you have to do all the work yourself. Not only does it appear to be almost impossible on hard, but there also isn't a checkpoint right before it. Instead, you have to spend 10 minutes on a 2-part firefight before you get to the breach door again. SO FRUSTRATING!

#57 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I knew I'd regret it...

I regretted spending gas on getting this game from Redbox for free.

Anyone who actually spent money on this trash has my condolences.

#58 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Well... I'll hopefully be able to recover all my funds... I got it unopened for $40. (that should've be my first clue...)

No redbox around here offering it...

Trade List

#59 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

I like this game it's fun.

Same here. It does what it's supposed to do and that's be a time killer. $43 used I can't complain

#60 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Who the Fuck authorized this fucking horrible piece of @#$%^ @##$&%* @#$$%^ to be made... ?

Trade List