Photo
- - - - -

New iPad announced, iPad 2 dropping to $399 (16gb wifi)

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#61 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Yeah, hopefully we're getting to the point of getting some market saturation with tablets so the campouts won't be required for getting iPads now (other than fanboys at Apple stores).

I know several people with iPads, and they're all like me and not planning to upgrade their iPad 2s right now. A few of them did upgrade from iPad 1 to iPad 2, but just aren't sold on upgrading again a year later for a better screen, better camera etc. as they're like me and just don't see that as enough to hassle with selling their current iPads and shelling out some money on top of that to upgrade right now.

#62 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Holy crap AudioGalaxy is awesome.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#63 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

I'd love to get a new iPad and hand down my iPad 2, but since I want a 64 GB LTE model, that's a pretty penny again, and I can't really justify upgrading only a year later. LOL. Would love to, though.

Crunchewy.png

#64 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Pulled the trigger and bought an AT&T iPad 16GB. Now to sell that Kindle Fire lol

#65 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'd love to get a new iPad and hand down my iPad 2, but since I want a 64 GB LTE model, that's a pretty penny again, and I can't really justify upgrading only a year later. LOL. Would love to, though.

I'm on an iPad 1 and I'm sitting it out for another year. It's tough but these things are very expensive and I'm not sure I could get much for the original iPad to make it sting a little less.

#66 dagarcia2678

dagarcia2678

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Big improvement over my gen1 iPad. Display is amazing and it seems nice and fast. I didn't put any apps on it yet because I have to figure out how to remove devices from my itunes account to make room.

How do you like it? Are they your first iPad, or did you have a previous gen?

#67 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Big improvement over my gen1 iPad. Display is amazing and it seems nice and fast. I didn't put any apps on it yet because I have to figure out how to remove devices from my itunes account to make room.

You can deathorize individual devices if you have them. If not you can deathorize all of your devices and then reathorize the ones you want. In iTunes, either click your email address at the upper right, or select "View my account" in the Store menu. In the Apple ID Summary section, there is a "Deauthorize All" button. Click it.

Crunchewy.png

#68 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

I was set in stone on keeping my Transformer Prime, but I'm going to sell it. I can't help it, Apple has this effect on me...I picked up a 16GB WiFi version today. I figure I can get 6-650 for what the TP's are selling for now, and I paid 535 for the iPad. I need a tablet for work, and I figured since I already had a laptop my TP+Keyboard wasn't all that useful. I just wanted it for emulators and taking notes.

That said...glad to be back. Feels good. Loving the new Retina :)

#69 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

Picked up my 32GB White Wifi iPad and Smart Cover at Microcenter for a total of $645 with coupon. Paid all with store credit :) . Man, this thing trumps my 1st Gen iPad on just about everything. I can't wait for games to come out that takes advantage of the display and horsepower.

#70 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

This thing is amazing. It's everything I've wanted in the iPad since it was revealed. It's so quick, the screen is gorgeous, and the apps are incredible. If you have the means to pick one up, I highly suggest you do so!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#71 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

It's already been jailbroken. Wow that was fast...

#72 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:27 AM

The screen truly is amazing. I can browse the forums in portrait mode and the text is still amazingly sharp.

#73 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:42 AM

The screen truly is amazing. I can browse the forums in portrait mode and the text is still amazingly sharp.

Truth. Pinch to zoom, and your pants will get tighter. Yes, it's that good. I don't regret my purchase in the least. This iPad is stunning. It's my new go to device for just about everything.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#74 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:48 AM

I got the ultimate tease from UPS, my iPad was originally scheduled for Monday delivery then I checked the progress and it showed I would receive it today...but no dice :(. Maybe tomorrow...
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#75 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:13 AM

I should've bought a 32GB version. Gameloft games are like a gig each. Guess I need to budget that space then.

#76 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

I got my new iPad this morning! :D I'm impressed with the screen so far. 8-)
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

#77 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

I don't understand why people were camped out at Apple stores. Went to my local one today, they had every model in both colors available, figured I might as well grab two. Gonna wait for Mountain Lion and the possible new iMac model to pick that up.

#78 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

As a word of warning, Verizon is inexplicably adding a $35 activation fee for the 4G iPad data plan. That's absolutely ridiculous.

#79 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

As a word of warning, Verizon is inexplicably adding a $35 activation fee for the 4G iPad data plan. That's absolutely ridiculous.

That's only for postpaid plans. If you sign up through your iPad's Settings app using a cc, you will be doing a prepaid plan (i.e. you pay for the month immediately) and are not charged an activation fee.

#80 aerotive

aerotive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

I like this thing overall, especially the screen, but there are annoyances:

--no way to subscribe to podcasts with the built-in apps
--no app that can stream hd mkv videos reliably (xbmc supposedly can but will have to jailbreak)
--impossible to disable the lock screen
--no adblock for safari
--mono speaker
--gmail is fetch not push
--notification bar is primitive looking

The screen really is outstanding, pdfs, websites and books look great. Everything's quick and responsive. Lots and lots of high-quality applications.

#81 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

--no way to subscribe to podcasts with the built-in apps

Stitcher. It rules.

#82 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

--no adblock for safari

Atomic Web Browser is 99 cents, and has ad-block, full-screen browsing, and a number of other features that Safari is missing. I've been using it on my iPhone (it's universal, so if you have multiple iOS devices, you can install it on all of them) for over a year now, and for the most part it's been awesome. The main unfortunate thing about it is that there's no way to set it as a default, so Safari will still come up whenever another app launches a browser. Other than that, though, it's well worthwhile.

http://appshopper.co...mic-web-browser

#83 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

Atomic Web Browser is 99 cents, and has ad-block, full-screen browsing, and a number of other features that Safari is missing. I've been using it on my iPhone (it's universal, so if you have multiple iOS devices, you can install it on all of them) for over a year now, and for the most part it's been awesome. The main unfortunate thing about it is that there's no way to set it as a default, so Safari will still come up whenever another app launches a browser. Other than that, though, it's well worthwhile.

http://appshopper.co...mic-web-browser

Ditto. Been using AWB since my 1st iPad.

#84 aerotive

aerotive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, Stitcher looks good for when I'm using the ipad when in wifi range...which is pretty much always.

Atomic I had on the iphone, but stopped using it because of the one bad thing about it (that you noted), there's no way to set it as default without jailbreaking and that can't be done yet.

#85 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

Loving my iPad.

#86 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

For those of us who got the Verizon iPad this is good news:

http://www.appleinsi...o_sim_card.html

#87 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Damn, over the weekend some iPads were showing up at random stores via Best Buy's "store pickup" list. Since then they've all dried up. How long is it usually until a second shipment?

#88 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Anyone have their new iPad get really hot? I've been reading it really heats up more than the previous versions, especially in the corner.

#89 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

Anyone have their new iPad get really hot? I've been reading it really heats up more than the previous versions, especially in the corner.

http://www.appleinsi...han_ipad_2.html

Holy crap - 116 degrees?!?!?

http://www.appleinsi...s_new_ipad.html

#90 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

Mine does seem to get a bit warmer than I expected it to, though I wouldn't go so far as to call it "hot".

The demo one that I looked at in Best Buy before I bought it, though, was seriously hot. Not sure what they were running on it that might have caused it to heat up so much.