CAGcast #274: A Journey Worth Taking?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#31 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Never understood how a $15 game is considered pricey if it's 2 hours or less, but a 6-8 hour game for $60 can get a pass if it's good. Price to time wise, they are the same. We are told to ignore the price/time measurement based on experience of the game, but for smaller games, the same doesn't apply.

As for the Fez creator talking about shitty Japanese games, I think that's kind of a dumb thing to say. Not only can you say that about any kind of game really (Indie games suck. See how easy that was?), but sounds like he may be a little stuck up for winning all of these rewards the past...what...5 years(?)...yet can't finish the game to put out.

Hey Fez creator, you know what other games suck? Unfinished ones.

EDIT: Eh, might as well try for it. SF X Tekken since I already have ME3.

Edited by 4thHorseman, 08 March 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#32 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Oh, and the Wombat inclusion at the end = gold!

#33 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

Re: Limelight
and now the Limelight is gonna get an iHop (maybe)
http://gothamist.com...s_moving_in.php

I might CROSS into the threshold of pancakey goodness.

Edited by youruglyclone, 08 March 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#34 Blargonaut

Blargonaut

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

They let Wombat in Disney World? That's creepy as shit .

I'll take my Mass Effect 3 now.

#35 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

Cheapy, concerning Vice City Nights:

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=465809

I'm not surprised that the Kotaku guy wouldn't take responsibility for his shoddy journalism. They obviously learned nothing about treating random forum posts and internet images with caution from the Xbox Pure incident.

Great show this week. Lots of interesting game impressions, and a very reasonable reaction to the Phil Fish situation. As LiK pointed out, his buddies in the San Francisco gaming press are giving him a free pass.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#36 xChunkeyLover57x

xChunkeyLover57x

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Y know, I never really understood why people hated Wombat so much. After listening to this week's show without him.....well..let's just say Wombat is "endearing".

#37 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

Daymn!!!! Ship you are living the dream! Tell Mrs. Shipwreck she is awesome.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#38 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Whoa flashback. Great moment in CAGcast.

PS: Wouldn't mind a copy of either game.

#39 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Great show!
Wheres the 3DS love for games like Tales of the Abyss and upcoming Kid Icarus Uprising?
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#40 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Listening to the CAGcast now while at work. Forgot my friend was at Disneyworld this week as well. I told him to just start screaming Wombat until someone responded. Hopefully we will find out how that goes next CAGcast.

I'll take ME3 or SFXT, it makes no nevermind to me.

#41 Shockins

Shockins

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

NEED HELP WITH MASS EFFECT 3: I know about the importing character issues. However, I've played and beat both ME1 and ME2, but my ME3 game doesn't even show that I have a character to potentially import even though the saved game data is on my hard drive. Any help? What should I do to set it up so that I can (potentially) import my characater. I don't care about the character appearence, but I do care about the previous decisions made in ME1 and ME2....Thoughts?

Please help a fellow CAG, thanks.

When you beat ME2, you were given 2 options, 1) to continue with your current playthrough to explore dlc and romance options and 2) to start a new game using your current character's info (you have to hit the red "B" button and it exits you to the main menu). Did you choose the former? That might be your problem.

When I tried to load my ME2 Soldier Shep for my final Insanity runthrough before ME3 came out, his career data didn't appear through the ME2 character import option. So I went back to the main menu, switched careers to the Shepard Soldier career I wanted to import and reloaded the last Auto Save of that career (thankfully the one right before you go to blow up the baby Reaper). Yada, yada, yada, beat the game, skipped the credits and chose the option to quit and start a new career. Suddenly, that info appeared when I again went to import a ME2 career.

Not sure if this is what's going on with your situation, but hopefully it helps. :D

Cheers!

Edited by Shockins, 08 March 2012 - 06:14 PM.
Readability!

#42 wiz2020

wiz2020

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

If Cheapy suffers I suffer, I am not playing ME3 solo player until the facial bug is fixed. While suffering sucks it would feel better with a Street Fighter X Tekken copy to act as a balm.

#43 Karnivor

Karnivor

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

CAG is the best, work on my homework and try to make time for video games is hard for a cheap ass college student in Ann arbor, mi. I'll be graduating in May and I need a cool reward for all my hard work. Keep up the good work!

Mass effect 3 PS3 version please!

#44 tinman_licks

tinman_licks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

It's true what they say: You really don't know what you're missing until it's gone. I found myself missing Wombat's jokes. That being said, I enjoyed the CheapyD and Shipwreck's conversation about Journey. I have to decide if a 1-2 hour game is worth $15 even if it is artful and a unique play experience. But gosh, that is waayyyy too short even for me. I wouldn't mind offsetting the purchase with a free copy of Mass Effect 3 though.

#45 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

Cheapy, have you ever heard of Saint Seiya Senki? If so, can you shed any light on reception over there, or even the game itself if you've played it?

I don't really watch anim├ęs anymore and out of my very few loved ones, Saint Seiya stood above all. It's actually my favorite animated show ever, it's been tempting to pay more than I have to import it from Japan or buy it on e-Bay, but seeing anything from someone I can trust would greatly help me.

PS: I don't need Mass Effect 3, I still have ME2 for my PS3 that I must play beyond the first level.

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#46 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

Somehow I was expecting them to use Wombat clips throughout the whole show like they did for the Black Friday show.

Also, I want Street Fighter X Tekken!
Posted Image

#47 ThomasTruong

ThomasTruong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Funny that all the voice messages sounded like they were under the age of 18.

#48 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

I've been using Default Male Shepard seen Mass Effect 1 and I still got an error saying I had to redo his face, I guess the issue is with all ME1 imports which does make it odd that this wasn't fixed before launch.

That clip at the end of the show was a great CAG moment cause Wombat does suck at games. :p It also reminded me that i need to catch up on Burn Notice, last time I saw it dude man guy was framed for shooting his partner.

Oh and Street Fighter X Tekken seems totally awesome and I would love to play it.... :-\"
Spoiler

#49 Googer

Googer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Great show guys, though I can't help but say I actually kinda liked no Wombat at least from an actual content point-of-view - to me the show seemed to flow better with just Cheapy and Shipwreck.

Oh Shipwreck, I don't have an iPad so I don't know for sure how well it really works but I know of an app for IOS devices that should make almost any game compatible with the iCade called Blutrol. AFAIK it requires you jailbreak which you may or may not consider a deal-breaker but what it does is let you map the physical stick and buttons to touch controls, so just about any game with on-screen controls can be made to work with it, official iCade support or not... :)

#50 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

ooo I'd thoroughly enjoy Street Fighter x Tekken. Ryu and Kazuya!

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#51 iwannadie

iwannadie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

I loaded up me3(ps3) and imported my previous me2 save and thought the face looked odd and I ended up using the default me3 face.

I also kept thinking that the save I imported was the game where I romanced Jack but I remembered it was a different 2nd play through save. I am not sure how that will effect my game but omg I want my Jack eheh.
Posted Image

#52 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

As for Playstation Plus Cheapy, I have a Slim PS3 and when a system update gets downloaded I do not have to sit through the installation process.

I have the Fat PS3 and I also don't have to sit through the installation process. It installs the games (downloaded) as well as the system updates.
Posted Image

#53 24thdoor

24thdoor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

NEED HELP WITH MASS EFFECT 3: I know about the importing character issues. However, I've played and beat both ME1 and ME2, but my ME3 game doesn't even show that I have a character to potentially import even though the saved game data is on my hard drive. Any help? What should I do to set it up so that I can (potentially) import my characater. I don't care about the character appearence, but I do care about the previous decisions made in ME1 and ME2....Thoughts?

Please help a fellow CAG, thanks.

This happened to me going from ME1 to ME2. At a loss, I loaded my end game save from ME1 and re-finished the game. That did the trick. Not sure if it would work for ME2, but it might be worth a shot if you're out of other options.

#54 24thdoor

24thdoor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

I really enjoyed this episode (the intro and Billy Corben / Corgan crap was great), but the rhythm is definitely better with Wombat.

If you give me the copy of Fighter by Capcon, I PROMISE I will never spend one cent on DLC.

#55 grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

I know that Shipwreck has absolutely no interest in playing Fighting by Capcon but I can safely say that I might play it if I got it.

#56 VANDALHEART

VANDALHEART

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

Nice show you guys. I'm all for supporting creative game developers with my money and I'll be purchasing Journey as soon as it is available to non PS+ members, even with the concerns of the $15 price tag and the length of the overall game. The situation there reminds of Noby Noby Boy; a game from the creator of Katamari Damacy that was more of an odd sandbox experience than anything else. While I walked away somewhat amused, I ended up playing Noby Noby Boy for only few hours overall. That's ok though, the $5 price tag made most if not all complaints null and void.

Wombat, if you pick me to win Mass Effect 3 I thank you in advance. Otherwise, I hope you get chosen as the featured member of xbox.com once again so you get lots of encouraging messages. :)

#57 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

Gimme SF X Tekken so I can waste my money on DLC characters that are on the disc.

#58 AcevedoRufino

AcevedoRufino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

I really love the show and look forward to listening every week. I can relate a lot to all of you. I'm in my 30s with two young kids one 4 and another who is 1. I also have a fondness for action figures and toys from properties that were created in the 80s. My biggest complaint at times for the show is that I wish there were more of it and at times when Cheapy tries to move the show along it comes across a little like he just wants to hurry and get off the phone because he does not want to be there.
You probably get other messages where folks complain about the show being too long so I know it is really just Cheapy trying to balance that. I really do love the show and for those times when a show may seem to be shorter than another I could use that copy of Mass Effect 3 on the PS3 to fill the void.

#59 repete

repete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

You guys going to pax east?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#60 Xtrminatr

Xtrminatr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

Good show this week, but really weird to listen to a Cagcast without Wombat. Would have enjoyed hearing about his thoughts on ME3 without going into spoiler territory. Surprising to hear that Journey is good too, even if it is short. From the trailers I saw it looked like it would have been crap like flower, glad to hear it's better than that.