Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #274: A Journey Worth Taking?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#61 PigheadedBobobo

PigheadedBobobo

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

GOD DAMNIT! I liked Wombat before it was cool. Or before people were getting free stuff for liking him at least.

I can't wait to be receiving SFxT in the mail since I'm sure no one else likes Capcom games because Cheapy hates Capcom and cags blindly follow Cheapy and his apple boner ;)

#62 NicaVic

NicaVic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Where is the wombat soundboard :(

#63 alkmie

alkmie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Wombat help me romance jessica chi-bot in mass effect 3 ps3 version

#64 chunktek

chunktek

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

Hey guys, I usually listen to the podcast while I'm driving to and from work. I often miss the name of a game you're talking about because I'm paying attention to traffic. As you describe the games, I get interested but sometimes have a hard time figuring out what the game is. I'd just like to request when you finish talking about a game you tell the name one more time before moving on to the next subject (i.e. "ok, that was XYZ game," then move on)

Thanks!

#65 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Even without Wombat a quality show indeed!

Not happy to hear about that Mass Effect 3 glitch especially since I'm about to start the game... :(

#66 portland485

portland485

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

Good episode guys, but Wombat was sorely lacking on this one. He really does provide the comedy of the show :)
A little place called Aspen.... where the beer flows like wine and the women flock instinctively like the salmon of the Capistrana.

#67 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

I love how Cheapy puts in a 10 minute clip of people insulting Wombat as a little something in lieu of his absence. Great show, needs more Wombat. You know what else could use less drama and more Wombat? Street Fighter X Tekken. Boy, I would love to have that game in my life...for free.
Posted Image

#68 Lightning War

Lightning War

Baller on a Budget

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

I was just listening to some old CAGcasts and on Episode 210 at 38:45ish the quote

"If it blows your mind and it's 2 hours, then is it worth 15 dollars?" from Cheapy came up.

I just thought it was ironic nearly two years later this same exact situation would come up with Journey

Portal 2 i thought was a shooter

#69 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

I'd really like a copy of Fighting but knowing Capcon, there's going to be a Super Fighting in about six months.
Posted Image

#70 Grazen

Grazen

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

This show was pretty good - but I would have to say without Wombat it was missing more of the comedy aspects that I enjoy. I have never heard Shipwreck say so much in one podcast - which I am guessing is because Wombat/Cheapy have a great chemistry when going back and forth which doesn't allow for any of Shipwreck's comments. Overall I can't wait till next week's show already - I wish you guys did more than one a week!

#71 MisterSmi13y

MisterSmi13y

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

Great show guys! Although it was missing something.... Ah, I got it, an argumentative Wombat :P. Also I feel you guys on your excitement for Assassin's Creed 3!. Anyways, it would be really cool if you could hook me up with Fighting Game by Capcom.

#72 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:33 AM

Great show as always. Shipwreck should now be called "Walmart Gamer"
And for that funny comment I'd like Street Fighter X Tekken.

Man you people are cheap.

#73 Uncle Milkshake

Uncle Milkshake

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

I missed Wombat on the show, but still enjoyed it. I'll be excited to see what everyone thinks of Mass Effect 3. I enjoy it so far, but am not remembering a lot of what happened in the first two games. I agree with Cheapy that the multiplayer is very fun. From playing the multiplayer in the full retail release, the difficulty seems turned up a notch, even on Bronze!

"Fighting Game" by Capcom sounds good to me.

#74 frithion

frithion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:02 AM

Thanks for reminding me awful the internet can be with that last bit.

SfXTekken !

#75 GORILMONSTA

GORILMONSTA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:42 AM

Good show guys, wish wombat was their to participate. Cheapy how much is it for E3?
Posted Image

#76 ramatut4001

ramatut4001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

Great show as usual. I'll be glad when Wombat's back but honestly any combination of hosts is good. I always wish Wombat and Shipwreck would do episodes whenever Cheapy can't record.

It would be great to win SFxT. I cancelled my preorder since I lost my job (I start a new one on Monday, don't pity me).

#77 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

Great show as usual. I'll be glad when Wombat's back but honestly any combination of hosts is good. I always wish Wombat and Shipwreck would do episodes whenever Cheapy can't record.

It would be great to win SFxT. I cancelled my preorder since I lost my job (I start a new one on Monday, don't pity me).

Where did you use to work? I was forced to leave McD's headquarters and I got shafted big time as I didn't get my promised promotion. I have experience beyond my title but can't get anything, I am burning my savings on an MBA soon... all of the games I've purchased in the past 8 months have been with money from getting rid of games and other personal things :(, and even then only when I get deals.

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#78 Chase

Chase

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:22 AM

Cheapy, Giant Bomb did a Quick Look for I Am Alive.

http://www.giantbomb...-alive/17-5769/

I put little stock into what IGN says. There have been times where they have reviewed games without playing through the entire game.

Outside of yourself, Shipwreck, and Wombat, Giant Bomb is probably the only opinion in the media that I would trust. In general, with all media, I prefer to experience it for myself than trust the opinion of someone else.

Just my two cents. And I chuckled during the sex robot discussion. Funny stuff.

#79 randomevent

randomevent

Mr. Pigface

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:20 AM

I would like to win that copy of Street Fighter X Tekken.

At this point, I feel that I can take two routes... I can either try to shamelessly and/or subtly flatter Wombat since he is the judge of this contest, or I can just not post anything other than the fact that I want the game. Rather than outright flattery, I'll just honestly say this:

The "discussion" about the sex robot with one hole would have been 100x funnier with Wombat's input.

#80 ryogahibiki

ryogahibiki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

So glad there was a cagcast this week. But it was definitely weird without Wombat.

Have a great vacation but come back soon!

#81 theq87

theq87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

Constructive criticism for Wombat:

Make with the bread.

All I hear is talk. Show me the whole grains.

#82 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

As always, another great show.

I must have missed something. How much was it to unlock the Wombat DLC from this episode? Will there be a special edition down the road that includes it?
If its free, its for me!!

#83 fpsReality

fpsReality

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

It would be great if all three of you would get together and play some Mass Effect 3 co-op and then tell us your experiences in the following pod cast. Many of us listeners would really like to hear more about this.

Great show! Keep up the good work. (Mass Effect 3 for PS3 please!)

#84 ebok007

ebok007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

I need Mass Effect 3, specifically just to cure my continued Skyrim addiction.

Journey sounds like Portal 1, in that it is a very unique and quality experience that lasts such a short time that you are just left craving more. Maybe Journey 2 (not related to the Dwayne-"The Rock"-Johnson-riding-a-giant-bee movie) will match Portal 2 in the satisfaction brought. Still, wish I had a PS3 to check this out, shortness aside.

Edited by ebok007, 09 March 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#85 SnotRocket

SnotRocket

$20? To much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Man! A show without wombat :(

It did flow pretty well and I liked hearing about Journey because I was thinking about picking it up but to hear that it's so short is turnnig me away. If I'm going to spend $15 I want to feel like I get that much out of it. Maybe it will go on sale or something.

Non the less, another good show!

banner1.gif
fss_overall.png

#86 ramatut4001

ramatut4001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

Where did you use to work? I was forced to leave McD's headquarters and I got shafted big time as I didn't get my promised promotion. I have experience beyond my title but can't get anything, I am burning my savings on an MBA soon... all of the games I've purchased in the past 8 months have been with money from getting rid of games and other personal things :(, and even then only when I get deals.

I was a testing and balancing technician for an engineering firm. It's one of those jobs nobody's heard of but it's googleable. Like I said, I should be starting next week with a digital controls company. I haven't worked in a few weeks but I have it better than most folks since I live in a good area and I have some skills.

The "discussion" about the sex robot with one hole would have been 100x funnier with Wombat's input.

Pun intended?

As always, another great show.

I must have missed something. How much was it to unlock the Wombat DLC from this episode? Will there be a special edition down the road that includes it?

I heard that someone hacked the file and the Wombat content is already in there!

#87 Jay93082

Jay93082

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

Another great show this week! It makes the time go by so much faster while at work. Thanks for the weekly show. Its makes my Friday and start of the weekend.

Wombat, you know you want to pick me so you can send Mass Effect 3 on a journey to my house. Epic ending to already great show. I laughed so hard at the sad people that are on Xbox Live.

#88 SikFlux

SikFlux

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

A great show as always, though something was missing
A great furry beast: A large ass needing kissing
A contest to enter? I'll enter, I reckon
The prize I desire? Street Fighter X Tekken

To help pad my chances, I'll tell you this fact:
In CAGcast 124, Wombat mentions the Lorax
At 18:46 my friends, you'll find that's the time
And now you all know why this post is in words that sound alike

Keep up the great work guys!
Posted Image[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Cimg%20alt=%22Raptr%20Forum%20Signature%22%20src=%22http://raptr.com/badge/Sikflux/fs.png%22%20style=%22border:none;%22%3E[/IMG]

#89 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

Just take a screen cap of your ME 2 character and recreate it.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#90 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Is it just me or does Cheapy pronounce stamina a little weird? Give me fighting!
Posted Image