Photo
- - - - -

Best Tablet?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Good looks spokker and wasabi. That was some good info. Wasabi, your thrive set up is pretty sweet! Spokker, thanks for the videos, they were very informative. Loved that last one with the emulators. That guy was playing everything! I think I've decided so Asus transformer here I come! What really gave the transformer the win was the tegra 3. Honestly, I didn't and still don't know shit about the tegra 3 except that it makes the tablet run smoother and faster which is very important to me. I'd hate to have something that would lag on me. I mean, c'mon, this is 2012. Now I need to find a deal for the smallest hdd transformer. And that keyboard dock ($120?!). Initially, I didn't want it but I'm def going to get a dock for it and a mouse and keyboard. Might as well be all crammed together that can transform it into a netbook (I gather that's why it is called the transformer). Looks like I'll be spending much more than anticipated. Probably along the lines of 600 after everything is said and done.

So it appears the transformer is the best tablet, IMO. If you guys know any deals, please let me know. And again, thanks for your input everyone. I really appreciate it!

#32 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

Only question will be whether you go with the base Transformer or the more recent Prime. Amazon Warehouse had a few of the original Transformer for something like $280 last week, though it seemed you could get one even cheaper on eBay. Best of luck!

#33 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Aren't they releasing an updated prime with better metal casing soon? Either 1. it improves the wifi/gps/bluetooth etc and makes it worth waiting or 2. due to its release, current prime will be available at a discount.

original transformer is tegra 2 and with plastic casing. that's like taking away the 2 sexiest thing with prime :)

#34 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

The Transformer Infinity will be out soon and will be so awesome your eyes may melt just looking at it. 1920 x 1200....drool.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#35 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Damn guys, can you just let me have peace of mind! lol, now I am contemplating on waiting for the new one so that I can get the infinity or at least wait and get a nice discount on the current one. The internet doesn't give a release date (2nd quarter?) for the infinity so I should wait for a little while researching the news for the release. Things were so much easier to purchase without CAG.com. Now everything must be a deal..

#36 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Whenever you buy there will always be something just around the corner. Follow your instincts.

#37 epobirs

epobirs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

If money is not an issue, the Samsung Series 7 Slate is a very powerful unit. A Core i5 PC is what it really is but with Windows 8 it gets a huge upgrade over its native Windows 7. A lot of developers are using it as the baseline test system for their Windows 8 support. I was strongly tempted when it was recently down to $999 including docking station and a $200 gift credit at the Microsoft Store but I was indecisive and the price went back up several hundred bucks.

It may be offered again if you keep your eyes open.

http://www.samsung.c.../XE700T1A-A03US

This time next year there will be a bunch of new Windows on Intel and ARM tablet products. The Intel based ones will offer a lot more tweaking freedom.
If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.