Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings [Enhanced Edition], out now!

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#61 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Amazon just pushed back (up?) the ship date for my Dark Edition a few days.

Also, they appear to be taking orders for it again;
http://www.amazon.co...33736646&sr=8-2

zantar45.jpg

#62 infamy

infamy

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Amazon just pushed back (up?) the ship date for my Dark Edition a few days.

Also, they appear to be taking orders for it again;
http://www.amazon.co...33736646&sr=8-2

Says it's unavailable for me :(

[currently playing]

:360: Forza 5, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Killer Instinct, Rayman Legends

:ps3: Anarchy Reigns

:baby: My beautiful baby daughter

#63 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

So Gamestop just charged my debit card 2 days ago for the Dark Edition.
Can not wait.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#64 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

Tried this game out at PAX East, and it was one of the highlights of the show for me. Really looking forward to this.
Posted Image

#65 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

I got my copy paid off, I was not able to get the dark edition but hopefully someone will cancel and I'll be able to get it then.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#66 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

It's looking good so far.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#67 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Just a few more days! Im going to go by Gamestop later today and finish paying this off.

#68 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

I was one of the 1k non-professional gaming enthusiasts selected to review the game! My copy from CD Projekt is coming soon! I will post a written review on my CAG Blog, newbreview.com, and taipow.com/blog and will talk about the game on my two podcasts, Checkmate Arcade and POWCast.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#69 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

The manager at GS gave me my key chain when I stopped there today. Can't wait for Tuesday to get here.

#70 not2worried

not2worried

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

Ign review looks good.

#71 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

Ugh! I'm still so into ME3 that I have no good reason to buy this game now. With AC Revelations still unfinished and a couple XBLA games coming out in May (oh yeah, and spending time with family, getting sleep, work, etc.).......I really shouldn't buy this but I'll be damned if I've seen one lukewarm review. Everything I've read and seen about this game is glowing. I'm probably going to be making an irresponsible decision on Tuesday. :-$
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#72 not2worried

not2worried

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Ugh! I'm still so into ME3 that I have no good reason to buy this game now. With AC Revelations still unfinished and a couple XBLA games coming out in May (oh yeah, and spending time with family, getting sleep, work, etc.).......I really shouldn't buy this but I'll be damned if I've seen one lukewarm review. Everything I've read and seen about this game is glowing. I'm probably going to be making an irresponsible decision on Tuesday. :-$

Same problem... I don't want to rush through ME3. But don't want to buy this till I am done.

#73 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Comes out in UK on Tuesday, would very much like to get it.. will shop around for best price!

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#74 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

I was one of the 1k non-professional gaming enthusiasts selected to review the game! My copy from CD Projekt is coming soon! I will post a written review on my CAG Blog, newbreview.com, and taipow.com/blog and will talk about the game on my two podcasts, Checkmate Arcade and POWCast.

Congratulations, man. I got picked too! I actually do review games for a living, but don't tell anybody. Hope our copies arrive by Tuesday...

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#75 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

Given that all of the major retail stores, plus online retailers, are carrying this; shouldn't be an issue to find it later unlike some JRPG's like Tales/WKC.

#76 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

Here's a nice preview from Kotaku:

The Witcher 2 makes it to 360 intact

and a new trailer:

mFVJuItlabI

-Paul Acevedo

#77 infamy

infamy

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Toys R Us has the DE up for preorder with free shipping!

[currently playing]

:360: Forza 5, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Killer Instinct, Rayman Legends

:ps3: Anarchy Reigns

:baby: My beautiful baby daughter

#78 kingkiller33

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Someone stop me from making a stupid purchase. I'm so tempted to buy this for Xbox 360, and I really shouldn't be.

I already own Witcher 2 for PC. I bought it a year ago for 50 bucks, and it is still brand new and sealed in the wrapper. The plan was to play and beat The Witcher first, but I only managed to get 60 minutes into the campaign, and I lost interest. Doesn't help that it runs a bit sluggish. My PC is 5 years old now, and I don't even know if Witcher 2 will run good. It was a stupid purchase. I just can't get into PC gaming anymore.

I'm really tempted to say screw it, buy it for 360 and not have to mess with PC crap anymore. I tried to convince myself that the PC version was a useful buy because it has a game guide inside, but apparently, you get the same game guide with 360. lol

I'm just so hungry for a AAA game right now. THis year has been really disappointing so far with the releases.

#79 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Someone stop me from making a stupid purchase. I'm so tempted to buy this for Xbox 360, and I really shouldn't be.

I already own Witcher 2 for PC. I bought it a year ago for 50 bucks, and it is still brand new and sealed in the wrapper. The plan was to play and beat The Witcher first, but I only managed to get 60 minutes into the campaign, and I lost interest. Doesn't help that it runs a bit sluggish. My PC is 5 years old now, and I don't even know if Witcher 2 will run good. It was a stupid purchase. I just can't get into PC gaming anymore.

I'm really tempted to say screw it, buy it for 360 and not have to mess with PC crap anymore. I tried to convince myself that the PC version was a useful buy because it has a game guide inside, but apparently, you get the same game guide with 360. lol

I'm just so hungry for a AAA game right now. THis year has been really disappointing so far with the releases.

Your current PC will struggle with the Witcher 2 so I'd say sell off your PC copy and put that money towards the 360 version.

CAGFL: (187-31)

#80 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

Congratulations, man. I got picked too! I actually do review games for a living, but don't tell anybody. Hope our copies arrive by Tuesday...

My copy came today, from reading the Witcher site, all the copies were shipped on Friday as mine also was. A curious thing to note it's just a retail case (no UPC obviously) with 2 game disks; no soundtrack, instruction manual, or quest book. There's a letter from the CEO in the package asking everyone to review it as promised and gives an FTP site where you can get some assets to add to the review.

I did buy the strat guide so I'll have that to help me along.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#81 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

Your current PC will struggle with the Witcher 2 so I'd say sell off your PC copy and put that money towards the 360 version.

Also anyone who register's the PC copy can get all the extra enhanced edition stuff as a free 10GB patch and also gets a DRM free copy on gog.com so that could help you sell it.

Witcher 2 is up there with Skyrim and BF 3 as the most graphically demanding games on PC.

42869.png

#82 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

My copy came today, from reading the Witcher site, all the copies were shipped on Friday as mine also was. A curious thing to note it's just a retail case (no UPC obviously) with 2 game disks; no soundtrack, instruction manual, or quest book. There's a letter from the CEO in the package asking everyone to review it as promised and gives an FTP site where you can get some assets to add to the review.

I did buy the strat guide so I'll have that to help me along.

Argh! No soundtrack or book? That is weak. Thanks for the details though - guess mine should arrive on Tuesday.

-Paul Acevedo

#83 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:39 AM

I entered into a contest for this game so I hope I win it because it looks like one of the games to play this year, related to it already having so much acclaim on the PC side.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#84 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Going to pick up my preorder today. Going to see if I can hunt down a copy of the dark edition.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#85 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Don't know if anyone else has read the books, but the English version of the 2nd novel in the series, Times of Contempt, is finally coming out in December! That is way too far off and not at all well-timed with the game's release, but at least they've stopped delaying it. Preordered the hardcopy at Amazon UK (the US release will likely be sometime in 2013).

-Paul Acevedo

#86 kingkiller33

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Also anyone who register's the PC copy can get all the extra enhanced edition stuff as a free 10GB patch and also gets a DRM free copy on gog.com so that could help you sell it.

Witcher 2 is up there with Skyrim and BF 3 as the most graphically demanding games on PC.

I would be lucky to get $30 bucks for it, even sealed. Just hard for me to do when I'm essentially throwing my $$ away. I'll never build my own PC again. I constantly kept pouring money into upgrades, and it never could stay ahead of the game. Even struggled with end game Civ 4 which is pretty sad.

#87 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

My Dark Edition is still stuck in 'shipping soon'.

Such is life.

zantar45.jpg

#88 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Just picked it up! Installing it now but I have some running around to do so wont be able to play until later.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#89 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

picked it up this morning at target, can't wait to get home and give it an hour or so before going to see Buckethead
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#90 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

just got home and newegg came through good for me my witcher 2 was sitting there waiting. now i need to install, get some pizza, beer and spend the night playing.
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne