Photo
- - - - -

Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4005 replies to this topic

#271 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

Ps vita 3g model - 125.00

Dude I hope you just asked and didn't trade yours in for that.

#272 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:40 AM

*whew* OK, I've got a bunch of TIVs to report:

3/17/12 (quoted)

:360:
Mercenaries 2: $1.25

:3ds:
Dead or Alive: Dimensions: $6

:ds:
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime: $1
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker: $1.25
Monster Tale: $3

3/18/12 (traded)

:ps3:
Batman: Arkham City: $22
Infamous 2: $16
Resident Evil 5: $7
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing: $6

:360:
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction: $2.50

:ds:
Kirby: Mass Attack: $11
Mario Kart DS: $13
Yoshi's Island DS: $9

I wanted to trade Infamous 2 and B:AC towards Prototype 2 for the 30% bonus and use the remaining six titles for the 3/$10 promo, so I wanted to do separate trade-in transactions, but based on my receipt, it looks like everything got the 30% bump. :bomb: For the three DS titles, this isn't so bad ($0.10 difference), but I lost out on about $5 for the other three games (SC:C, RE5, and Sega All-Stars Racing). If I went back (or to another GS) and showed that I lost out on that amount and that I didn't get the promotion I wanted, do you think I could get that $5 somehow? I mean, $5 is $5...

doubtful, and knowing their excuses it would probably start with "the computer picks the best deal automatically..."
Posted Image

#273 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

Dude I hope you just asked and didn't trade yours in for that.

Ditto, you could get $200 easily on ebay or craigslist

#274 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

I wanted to trade Infamous 2 and B:AC towards Prototype 2 for the 30% bonus and use the remaining six titles for the 3/$10 promo, so I wanted to do separate trade-in transactions, but based on my receipt, it looks like everything got the 30% bump. :bomb: For the three DS titles, this isn't so bad ($0.10 difference), but I lost out on about $5 for the other three games (SC:C, RE5, and Sega All-Stars Racing). If I went back (or to another GS) and showed that I lost out on that amount and that I didn't get the promotion I wanted, do you think I could get that $5 somehow? I mean, $5 is $5...

I work at a GameStop and I dont think they'd be able to fix it unless you went in the same day. If you went to a different GS to fix it, they wouldn't be able to help you, you would have to go back to the original one you traded in all your games at.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#275 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

I traded in my wired headset in Jan. The girl looked at it and said, "Oh good it looks new". I told her it was part of a set I didn't need, so it was never used. She was told to be careful taking them in because a lot of them were being traded in with a very poor condition. She mentioned that the foam ear pieces were normally nasty.

I guess they decided the headsets weren't worth taking in at all.

i had a similar experience as you. i think trading in official headsets is a ymmv thing, unless gamestop officially took the listing off their computers nationwide.

i say this because about a year ago i traded a brand new official wired headset that came with my xbox elite that i was never going to use. The manager mentioned most stores usually don't take them (not sure if this is a corporate policy) because most used headsets are unsellable since the earpieces are worn, crusty, and nasty. he said he takes them at his store if they are/look new but other stores is usually up to the manager.

#276 kobeisgod

kobeisgod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

FYI, Bulletstorm for the 360 dropped below $2 (to $1.50) so it didn't qualify for the 3 for $10 extra promo

#277 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

hmm, might get rid of my LA Noire. did you trade in the vanilla version or complete edition?

Vanilla.

#278 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

Vanilla.

Nice, thanks for the response!

#279 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

3-18-12

:360: Dead Island $12.00
:360: Enslaved $1.50
:360: Forza 3 $5.00
:360: Lego HP Yrs 1-4 $5.00

#280 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for keeping this thread up.
Anyone know when the next Buy 2 get 1 sale will be?

#281 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

Thanks for keeping this thread up.
Anyone know when the next Buy 2 get 1 sale will be?

If I remember correctly, gamestop had a power saver sale last year which included a b2g1 in April. I'm sure hoping there's one soon so I can use up this credit.

#282 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

If I remember correctly, gamestop had a power saver sale last year which included a b2g1 in April. I'm sure hoping there's one soon so I can use up this credit.

Yea they always have one during the anual power saver sale (aka the gamestop spring cleaning sale lol). Cant wait for it to start :)
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#283 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

...If I went back (or to another GS) and showed that I lost out on that amount and that I didn't get the promotion I wanted, do you think I could get that $5 somehow? I mean, $5 is $5...

doubtful, and knowing their excuses it would probably start with "the computer picks the best deal automatically..."

I work at a GameStop and I dont think they'd be able to fix it unless you went in the same day. If you went to a different GS to fix it, they wouldn't be able to help you, you would have to go back to the original one...

This has happened to me twice a few years back. The first time I didn't notice until 1 or 2 days later and was just out of luck. The second time I noticed right away before I even got home. I went back to the store and was able to deal with the exact same employees. They corrected the error while commenting that the computer usually picks the best deal automatically. Since then I have ALWAYS heavily monitored the trade in process. Every once in a while I or the GS associate will catch the computer not acting in my best interest and it will be adjusted to do so. Of course, in situations like these it always helps to be calm and polite but firm in your stance. I hope your situation resolved itself nicely.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#284 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

Sorry for the newb question since I dont pre- order from Gamestop much.

So I have two 2 pre-orders at two different Gamestop stores.

What happens if I dont pick up Games when its released? Does it cancel or is the $5 just out in space?

How difficult is it to cancel at the store? Do I need to go to that store to cancel?

#285 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

^Your credit will remain at the store until you switch it over to a new pre-order or just ask for it back. It's easy to cancel, but the employees won't be happy because I believe it counts as a -1 pre-order for them. They will try to have you roll it over to a different pre-order.

Yes, you need to go to the store you have the pre-order at to get it back, cancel, buy something else, etc.
Posted Image

#286 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

hey everyone, just heard from the manager of my local GS that a 50% trade-in bonus starts this Friday. No preorder or purchase necessary. But as always YMMV.

#287 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

hey everyone, just heard from the manager of my local GS that a 50% trade-in bonus starts this Friday. No preorder or purchase necessary. But as always YMMV.

I sure hope so, although I'm expecting a ton of TIVs to tank. If Arkham City's TIV survives this, then I don't know what I'll do with myself.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#288 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

I sure hope so, although I'm expecting a ton of TIVs to tank. If Arkham City's TIV survives this, then I don't know what I'll do with myself.

This would be tragic; I traded over $500 in stuff the last couple weeks.

#289 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

^Your credit will remain at the store until you switch it over to a new pre-order or just ask for it back. It's easy to cancel, but the employees won't be happy because I believe it counts as a -1 pre-order for them. They will try to have you roll it over to a different pre-order.

Yes, you need to go to the store you have the pre-order at to get it back, cancel, buy something else, etc.

Thanks. How long can I wait? I want to cancel one and the other use it on Resident Evil 6 when they accept it.

#290 lude21

lude21

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Hmm, just picked up Wii sports ($8 tiv), Wii sports resort ($16 tiv) and lego star wars 3 ($5 tiv) at the flea all for $1, yes, $1,lol. Ill lose about $4-$5 tradin them in 2day, but dont want to take a chance of them dropping or if the 50% tiv report is wrong. Should get around $40 with the 3/10 deal.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#291 TheWildMoose

TheWildMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

Do PS2 games qualify for the extra 50%?

#292 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Traded in about 150 worth of games today. Although GS employees are usually cool around here, today this one girl was just in a bad mood. When I asked her to do different transactions (since I knew I had 3 games that paired better with the 3/$10 rather than 30%) she got an attitude. Insisted that the computer always does the 3/10 since its a better deal.

Funny thing is the two different receipts show different promo codes, which shows that the first transaction for 111 got the 30% since I used it for Kid Icarus. Didn't feel like pointing out to her since I think she is a assistant manager. Last thing I need is a ban.

#293 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

TIV from today 3/19/2012

Rage - 7.00 (PS3 & 360)
L.A. Noire - 10.00 (PS3 & 360)
Blue Dragon - 2.50 (360)

edit: sorry forgot to add another TIV.

New Super Mario Bros. 14.00 (NDS)

Edited by DCpinoy, 20 March 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#294 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

This. I'm acually expecting rage, me2 and batman to tank but we shall see
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#295 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

even if the TIV holds for ME2 and Rage, it isn't that much of a price difference for 50% and trade 3 get $10 bonus.

#296 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

If so I think it might be time to finally get rid of some games that I've been iffy on trading in lately. I know I won't play them probably at all but its always. Well maybe I'll pick it up again

Just need to suck it up and not look at it as a hit to my collection. Trying to streamline it anyways

#297 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

I can't help but think the 50% bonus might fall through. I'm not doubting DCpinoy's information - heck, I really appreciate him coming to let us know.

But in the last year, we've seen quite a few posts about an upcoming 50% bonus with no pre-order/minimum amount/certain games/etc; and everytime it ends up being a local deal with a certain franchised store, or only select stores near a Best Buy, or an opening store, etc.

I can't remember a no-restrictions 50% bonus happening on a national level in the last year, at least.

That said, I hope I'm wrong!! :)

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#298 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

I'm expecting LA Noire to dip in value as well. With a PUR card, you'd get $16 for it assuming the value stays. I highly doubt that it will though.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#299 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

Quote from today, 3/19/12
:360: Wanted Weapons of Fate - $2.50

#300 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

why would you still be holding onto an AC if you want to trade it?