Photo
- - - - -

Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4005 replies to this topic

#1051 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:10 AM

Better call GS to confirm TIV before you open them, since Batman goes on sale at GS tomorrow as well.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1052 crs007

crs007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

Will gamestop allow trade ins of 2 batmans?

#1053 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

Better call GS to confirm TIV before you open them, since Batman goes on sale at GS tomorrow as well.

Seriously. It's going to drop like a rock either tomorrow or Monday.

card.png

#1054 Dabears34

Dabears34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

Will gamestop allow trade ins of 2 batmans?

I did 1x xbox and 1x ps3 and they allowed it. If they don't just go to another GS. If you look at it this way you can buy 2x batman from BB for 30 bucks and trade them to GS for 30 a piece...thats if the value doesn't tank Sunday and if you have +10% PUR card and you are trading in PS3 versions.

#1055 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

Well off to bed, good luck to everyone in the morning! Thanks to sp00ge, I forgot GS is selling batman on sale tomorrow too... hopefully it doesn't drop, at least not by too much!

If you report TIV tomorrow, remember to say whether it is PS3 or 360!

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#1056 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

Geez, the TIV of Fable 3 is $3.50? Ughh....what the hell am I going to do with this game, it bored the crap out of me. Is the 50% still good tomorrow?

#1057 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:25 AM

Geez, the TIV of Fable 3 is $3.50? Ughh....what the hell am I going to do with this game, it bored the crap out of me. Is the 50% still good tomorrow?

Yup, should be good until closing today (4/1).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Plat Run]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/14]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1058 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

Yup, should be good until closing today (4/1).

Thanks, I don't need anymore Gamestop credit but I guess I'd rather get $6 then $4 at Best Buy or Amazon now.

#1059 Unit01

Unit01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

6 games traded Saturday 3/31/2012

PS3 Resident Evil 5 -$6.50 base ($10.40 w/ 60% bonus)
PS3 NBA 2K12 - $14.00 base ($22.40 w/ 60 bonus)
PS3 Grand Theft Auto Complete Collection - $9.00 base ($14.40 w/ 60% bonus)
PS3 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - $22.00 base ($35.20 w/ 60% bonus)
PS3 Fight Night Champion -$9.00 base( $14.40 w/ 60% bonus)
PS3 Saw II Flesh and Blood - $4.00 base (6.40 w/ 60% bonus)

#1060 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

Tomorrow is the big day lol. I can't sleep I'm like a kid on Christmas eve.

#1061 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

Tomorrow is the big day lol. I can't sleep I'm like a kid on Christmas eve.

Big game sales and wrestlemania bro ! Can't wait either :)
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#1062 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

Big game sales and wrestlemania bro ! Can't wait either :)

I don't know what I'm more excited about!!!

#1063 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

How about Wrestlemania now that Brock Lesnar has signed a 1-year deal with WWE and is IN Miami. :D

#1064 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

How about Wrestlemania now that Brock Lesnar has signed a 1-year deal with WWE and is IN Miami. :D

When I read that earlier today I jizzed my paints lol.

As for trade ins I hope people drop them off tommrow as its the last day for the 50%
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#1065 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

That should be easy. WrestlefuckingMania!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1066 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

3/31

PS3:
Hunted: Demon's Forge - 3.50

#1067 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

People traded it in droves b/c it was the Holiday bundle disc game (Reach was a download code.) GS sells it for $15 used right now, and they barely sell any of the copies they get.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1068 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

6 games traded Saturday 3/31/2012

PS3 Resident Evil 5 -$6.50 base ($10.40 w/ 60% bonus)
PS3 NBA 2K12 - $14.00 base ($22.40 w/ 60 bonus)
PS3 Grand Theft Auto Complete Collection - $9.00 base ($14.40 w/ 60% bonus)
PS3 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - $22.00 base ($35.20 w/ 60% bonus)
PS3 Fight Night Champion -$9.00 base( $14.40 w/ 60% bonus)
PS3 Saw II Flesh and Blood - $4.00 base (6.40 w/ 60% bonus)

You could have gotten a quarter more if you traded in your $4.00, $6.50, and $9.00 game separately lol.

#1069 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Quick question about the promotions combining together.

If I traded in a number of games that qualified for the 3/$10 bonus, mixed in with games that wouldn't qualify for the 3/$10 bonus and just get the 50% bonus, the computer should pick the games that were applicable to the 3/$10 bonus and give the $3.33 per game and not just the 50%, right?

I know when I traded in a few games last Friday, games that had TIVs of greater than $2 had the $3.33 bonus and others that weren't applicable didn't. This time around with a lot more games traded in, it only applied the 50% bonus and not the 3/$10 bonus on the 9 games that it was applicable on.

The rep at the counter kept saying that the computer would pick the best option, though I would expect it to pick the 3/$10 bonus on the 3-game groups.

I think that if I broke them out in two groups, it wouldn't have mattered, though I assumed the register would work like it did last week.

Any thoughts?

The computer runs through each promo it has, ONE AT A TIME, and applies it to your entire transaction. It will then pick the ONE promo that maximizes your credit and apply that. It is not smart enough to group your games in a way to maximize money by combining multiple promos. You'll have to do that yourself...

So yes, the computer does give you the best option, but only in the simplest sense ... one promo at a time. If you want multiple promos to maximize your trade in, you'll have to split up your games yourself.

#1070 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

When I read that earlier today I jizzed my paints lol.

You're not allowed to paint my house.

#1071 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

I know it's way early but if anyone gets the trade in value of FFXIII-2 today please post it, thanks.

#1072 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Just called...

Batman AC held. 18 for :360: and 19 for :ps3:

Also, Touch my Katmari Vita is 9.

They only let me check 2. :/

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1073 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Just called...

Saved me a phone call. Thanks Spooge.

card.png

#1074 WongTongSoup

WongTongSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Anyone know the TIV for dragon age 2?
Respect is something earned.

#1075 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Just called...

Thank you. I'm a little surprised but at the same time I'm not. lol

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#1076 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

looks like time to trade in B:AC

Kamagii.png

#1077 TheLounge

TheLounge

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Ocarina of time 3ds is base of 14, I also confirmed Arkham City about an hour ago before I headed out. Goodluck to all today, hopefully I won't get red flagged again at GS :/

#1078 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

But there's no difference between an S-video cable for an old system or a current system. It's just a generic type of cable, like HDMI or USB. And neither store looked for any kind of branding; they just looked at the connection type and said "We don't take these." Of course, for what it's worth, the store I visited yesterday (with the $0.70 trade in) also wouldn't take my additional mini-USB charger cables (the kind used for PS3 controllers) because "they're for computers and cameras and stuff".

The difference between them is the the end of the cable that connects to the system(s). What I mean is that cables for last gen systems are often not compatible with current gen systems. A cable for a system they don't sell anymore (like XBOX) or an older system they don't promote or take trade-ins on (like GC) is something they don't want as it doesn't have much resale value. Like you though, I feel that the GS employee betrayed his/her ignorance or lack of caring with that comment.

The computer runs through each promo it has, ONE AT A TIME, and applies it to your entire transaction. It will then pick the ONE promo that maximizes your credit and apply that. It is not smart enough to group your games in a way to maximize money by combining multiple promos. You'll have to do that yourself...

So yes, the computer does give you the best option, but only in the simplest sense ... one promo at a time. If you want multiple promos to maximize your trade in, you'll have to split up your games yourself.

Thanks for this explanation, it is the best I have read to date. :applause: I have often wondered why and how the computer decides what promotions to apply. This will help the next time I want to take advantage of more than one promotion on a visit and need to explain why to an employee who insists that the computer will look out for my best interests.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1079 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Updated lists and database.

Do you mind if I steal this explanation for the FAQ?

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1080 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Updated lists and database.

Do you mind if I steal this explanation for the FAQ?

Please do. I see this question all the time.