Photo
- - - - -

Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4005 replies to this topic

#1141 Scorpion

Scorpion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Wow thank you everyone.. I am going at 7 to see what happens.. What is a pur member and how do I get it... Do I need to be a member.. Or do they give giftcards

#1142 Scorpion

Scorpion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

How much am I going to get for batman? I
How much for final fantasy?
And how much for skyrim??
Just to not get ripped off by the gamestop employees thank you

#1143 Scorpion

Scorpion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

#1144 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Wow thank you everyone.. I am going at 7 to see what happens.. What is a pur member and how do I get it... Do I need to be a member.. Or do they give giftcards

You will get $0. Most IF not ALL GS' close by 6P.M. The remaining few close at 7P.M.
You don't need to be a pur member to get the 50% tiv but you won't get 10% bonus if you are not a paying pur member.

You can have the money put on a giftcard or a pur card. Advantages to both.

Which Batman?
Which Final Fantasy?
Skyrim for which system?

#1145 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Posted Image

Lmfao. I've notice you ask questions, even if they are on the same page where you ask them....plus, by the time you get there, they will be closed.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1146 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

GameStop closes at 6pm in my town on Sundays. ^Beat me

#1147 Collectorguy00

Collectorguy00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

Can't believe the B:AC flip had a round 2! Did two at each store and at one of them they make you show receipts if you have more than one of the same game and he just looked at me when he seen how much I paid vs how much credit I was getting. Awesome. Got WNC2 and some leftover credit for the B2G1!
Posted ImagePosted Image
"I'd rather Rashad win because he got a big mouth and I don't like the fact that he play with his nipples right before he go and fight another man, that's gay!" Rampage Jackson on Evans vs Machida

#1148 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Posted Image

Lmfao. I've notice you ask questions, even if they are on the same page where you ask them....plus, by the time you get there, they will be closed.

THAT FUCKING IMAGE!! :booty::booty::applause::applause:

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#1149 goldeneye64

goldeneye64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

I traded in 2 copies of B:AC. One for PS3 and one for the 360. The guy at the counter says $37. I tell him the 50% bonus ends today. He tells me they made me take down the signs last night and the promo is over. I threaten to walk out and another guy comes over says it should total up. Hits a button and the extra 50% shows up. The original guy then tells me well it wasn't working this morning. I then use the credit to buy MLB The Show 12. He takes my charge and tells me it was declined. When I just used it 5 minutes before. I tell him to do it again and he tells me once its declined I can't do it again. So I pay cash and couldn't wait to leave that store. I rarely flip or trade in games there and now I remembered why.

#1150 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

Oh, also... serious question/fun story.

I did some Batman trades today, and afterward decided to look around. That's when I saw Mass Effect 3, and realized/remembered that it was on sale for $50. I had purchased three copies on launch day - on March 6th. Unfortunately, though, I only have two receipts left. Anyway, though; I asked the girl if I could do a price adjustment, and as I expected, she said no.

So, in a polite but questioning manner, I ask why that makes sense, because I can just buy it for $50 and return with my old receipt for $60. And immediately, she tells me that's "ILLEGAL". :bouncy: El Oh El. I tell her I'm certain that's not the case at all; and furthermore, every reputable retailer has a 30 Day Price Guarantee exactly because I could do just this. Anyway, she's difficult and tells me that's not a "very smart thing to do" and that "it's kind of sneaky."

Anyway, I buy two copies from her, and tell her I'm sure one of the 10 GS within 15 miles will let me return them.

So, I go to my local store, return with the old receipt no problem. Wippee.

But seriously, here's the best part, and the brunt of my question. I paid with store credit. At least ~90% credit. I covered the remaining ~$4 or so on each game with cash. In past experiences, they've given me my return in the form of payment that I made. I expected him to either put the entire amount on a GC, or most on a GC and put a few dollars back on my credit card.

*BUT HE GAVE ME ALL CASH*. Not only that, but because I didn't get taxed for using store credit; but would have with cash; he actually gave me MORE back in cash than I actually spent (with the credit). I got tax back that I never paid for.

So... what happened? This can't possibly be standard procedure, can it? Because if it is, I know how I'm offloading my credit, now. :hot:

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

#1151 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

I did some Batman trades today, and afterward decided to look around. That's when I saw Mass Effect 3, and realized/remembered that it was on sale for $50. I had purchased three copies on launch day - on March 6th. Unfortunately, though, I only have two receipts left. Anyway, though; I asked the girl if I could do a price adjustment, and as I expected, she said no.

So, in a polite but questioning manner, I ask why that makes sense, because I can just buy it for $50 and return with my old receipt for $60. And immediately, she tells me that's "ILLEGAL". :bouncy: El Oh El. I tell her I'm certain that's not the case at all; and furthermore, every reputable retailer has a 30 Day Price Guarantee exactly because I could do just this. Anyway, she's difficult and tells me that's not a "very smart thing to do" and that "it's kind of sneaky."

Anyway, I buy two copies from her, and tell her I'm sure one of the 10 GS within 15 miles will let me return them.

But seriously, here's the best part, and the brunt of my question. I paid with store credit. At least ~90% credit. I covered the remaining ~$4 or so on each game with cash. In past experiences, they've given me my return in the form of payment that I made. I expected him to either put the entire amount on a GC, or most on a GC and put a few dollars back on my credit card.

*BUT HE GAVE ME ALL CASH*. Not only that, but because I didn't get taxed for using store credit; but would have with cash; he actually gave me MORE back in cash than I actually spent (with the credit). I got tax back that I never paid for.

So... what happened? This can't possibly be standard procedure, can it? Because if it is, I know how I'm offloading my credit, now. :hot:

Let me know when you get struck by lightning

#1152 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1153 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Traded today:

B:AC :ps3: $19
B:AC :360: $18
Singularity :ps3: $3

Ended up getting devil may cry hd collection and after much haggling from the gamestop rep signing up for pur rewards membership as well.

All in all, took $21 from BB purchases and turned them into a dmc hd collection and a pur rewards membership with $4 bucks to spare. Not to shabby indeed :lol:

#1154 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

well this can only end badly lets hope you dont end up with 3 opened copies of Batman And FFXIII-2 considering GS closes at 6pm usually

#1155 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

This would be a good sig for someone.

#1156 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Lol! Brilliant! While it's totally you're idea, I'm stealing it since it's a reply to my post. Fair deal? ;p

#1157 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Alright 30 more minutes till the big show starts !!!!! I'm signing out now so ill see you guys after 11pm ! Happy gaming guys :)
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#1158 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Lol! Brilliant! While it's totally you're idea, I'm stealing it since it's a reply to my post. Fair deal? ;p

Don't think my wife would approve, so it's up for grabs.

#1159 trax

trax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Trade-ins from 4/1:

:360:
Xbox 360 core unit w/ wireless controller - $45
Madden NFL 12 - $15
NHL 11 - $5
Fuzion Frenzy 2 - $2.50
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 - $7
Posted Image

#1160 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Got 27 for arkham city

#1161 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

did all you guys trading in several BACs have a coupon for each when you bought at BestBuy? I'm gonna get a PM and use my only coupon later this week and see if any mags are around.

also I thought trade credit only negates tax if the full taxable amount is paid in credit.

#1162 LemonJelllo

LemonJelllo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Traded today:

B:AC :ps3: $19
B:AC :360: $18
Singularity :ps3: $3

Ended up getting devil may cry hd collection and after much haggling from the gamestop rep signing up for pur rewards membership as well.

All in all, took $21 from BB purchases and turned them into a dmc hd collection and a pur rewards membership with $4 bucks to spare. Not to shabby indeed :lol:

That's exactly what happened to me, the guy behind the counter wouldn't take no for an answer for the PUR membership so I just caved in and bought one.
Currently Playing:

:360: Borderlands
:ps3: Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption

Games left in backlog: 14

#1163 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

Don't think my wife would approve, so it's up for grabs.

Lol!

#1164 LemonJelllo

LemonJelllo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

TIV as of 4/1

:360: Portal 2 - $11
:360: Rage - $6.50
:360: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood - $8
:360: Mass Effect 2 - $7
:360: Dead Space 2 - $7.50
Currently Playing:

:360: Borderlands
:ps3: Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption

Games left in backlog: 14

#1165 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

So I went back in to trade in 5 games (3 for the $10 promo, 2 for the 50%), 2 of the 3 games ended up being below $2 (figures) and then they didn't take Mass Effect 2 cause the bottom security sticker was still on the case. So I grabbed my games and walked out.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#1166 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

That's exactly what happened to me, the guy behind the counter wouldn't take no for an answer for the PUR membership so I just caved in and bought one.

Yea, that's one of the main reasons why i dont do much trading/buying form gamestop but oh wells, the timing justified it this time around.

#1167 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

4/1

PS3 60GB (full hardware bc w/ps2 guts inside) - 60.00

PS3:
Black Ops - 14.00

Wii:
Skyward Sword - 20.00

#1168 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

4/1

PS3 60GB (full hardware bc w/ps2 guts inside) - 60.00

PS3:
Black Ops - 14.00

Wii:
Skyward Sword - 20.00

Someone was offering the $175 PS3 TIV coupon in another thread. You should've used that.

#1169 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

I had similar experiences with returns bought with credit. For some reason they return the credit but are forced to pay the tax back in cash. I'm sure your case works in the same manner. It's a glitch because I can never get a straight answer why it happens.

#1170 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Base TIVs from April 1st, 2012

:ps3: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - $5.50

:360: Metro 2033 - $5.50

:360: Guitar Hero 5 - $2.25
-Trying to think of something creative.-