Photo
- - - - -

Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4005 replies to this topic

#1171 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

I bought 1 today to keep but I already flip about 5 copies including my own copy that I bought at launch. I already finish the story and it is a great game that's why I wanna keep one for my collection.

i myself am going to wait until they come out with an edition that has all of the dlc on it before i get it again. it'll probably be sub $30 by the fall.

#1172 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

First post on CAG but loving the site and all the deals and what not im getting from here. Awesome stuff. Anyways I made out at Gamestop the other day
3/30 All base
:360:LA Noire - 9
:360:Arkham City - 18
:360:Sants Row The Third - 20
:360:Halo Reach - 12
:360:Dead Space 2 - 7.50
:360:Rage - 6.50
:ps3:Little Big Planet 2 - 15
:ps3:Ratchet and Clank All 4 One - 12

All in all I walked out with 160 in gamestop credit after PUR and 50%. I roughly caluclated up how much I paid for the games and because of some previos B2G1 deals and some stuff from black friday (LBP 2 and RaC being free from buying my PS3 and getting me over 40 :) ) and I broke just about even on this stuff. Maybe a 20 dollar difference depending on how much Reach was. I went to Best Buy and re bought Rage and B:AC because I havent finished them but got them for 15 bucks. Keep the deals rolling

#1173 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

$12 for a fat ps2...value has dropped

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1174 malfuncti0n

malfuncti0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

4/1/12 Xbox360:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ($22)
Forza Motorsport 4 ($20)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1175 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

$12 for a fat ps2...value has dropped

For some reason I read ps3

#1176 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

hope everyone got there last trade-ins for today with the 50% bonus. tomorrow will probably see most games the TIVs like B:AC and FFXIII-2 tank.

#1177 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

:360: Batman: Arkham City @$18.00
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Revelations @$15.00

Big Bro asked me to get AC:R for him and he only wanted it to play it for the day so I rushed back to to Gamestop before it could close and traded it in so I could get the 50% promo. Ended up getting more then what I paid for weirdly enough.

Mmm, now I have $58.50 for the B2G1 free pre-owned game thing on Wednesday.

That's not bad.

#1178 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

Apparently my GS closes at 6pm on Sundays now and I missed the 50% bonus.

#1179 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

Unfortunately most of the GS close at 6PM on Sunday.
There might be a few selective ones that open till 9PM. Have you checked GS store locator? There might one be close enough for the drive depending on what your trading.

Mine's 3 miles away instead of my usual GS which is a bit over a mile.

#1180 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

I was going to make a quick run to trade in some games last minute and when I got there they were closed. I live within walking distance so it wasn't a big deal, but 6pm closing time seems kinda crazy to me for some reason. Oh well.

#1181 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

Didn't trade in but called to check 3-31:

Black Ops wii - 14.00
Mario Kart wii - 12.00
New Super Mario Bros. Wii 14.00
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games 9.00
Mario Super Sluggers 4.50

#1182 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:45 AM

Unfortunately most of the GS close at 6PM on Sunday.
There might be a few selective ones that open till 9PM. Have you checked GS store locator? There might one be close enough for the drive depending on what your trading.

Mine's 3 miles away instead of my usual GS which is a bit over a mile.

Yeah, there are a few that's open til 9pm, but I didn't know that at the time. There are so many GSs where I live that the search results were pretty obscured by the 6pm stores. I had to scroll like 3 pages before I saw a 9pm store.

#1183 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:43 AM

Wow what a day for me today ! Hope everyone got their trade ins done today as values will drop hard by the morning lol. I really enjoyed this wrestlemania and I'm posting my review tonight in the blog section :)
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#1184 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

I traded in 2 copies of B:AC. One for PS3 and one for the 360. The guy at the counter says $37. I tell him the 50% bonus ends today. He tells me they made me take down the signs last night and the promo is over. I threaten to walk out and another guy comes over says it should total up. Hits a button and the extra 50% shows up. The original guy then tells me well it wasn't working this morning. I then use the credit to buy MLB The Show 12. He takes my charge and tells me it was declined. When I just used it 5 minutes before. I tell him to do it again and he tells me once its declined I can't do it again. So I pay cash and couldn't wait to leave that store. I rarely flip or trade in games there and now I remembered why.

Give him all 1's on the survey.

#1185 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

Anyone know what the promo will be for Monday?

Kamagii.png

#1186 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

Managed to get in a few trades just before the end of hte 50% today. Base values:

:ps3:
Infamous 2-$14.00
RAGE-$6.50

:360:
Battlefield 3-$15.00
GTA IV-4.00
Red Dead Redemption-$10.00
Saint's Row Double Pack-$7.00
XBLA 3pk (Trials, Limbo, Splosion Man)-$4.50

:wii:
Wii Sports-$3.00
Wii Sports Resort-$9.00

:3ds:
Legend of Zelda: OoT-$16.00
Nintendogs + Cats Toy Poodle-$9.00

Fantastic deal. Managed to only get dinged with a single $3 refurb, and came out of there with $168 in credit.

#1187 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

From 4/1

MLB 12 The Show (ps3) - $22
PS Move controller - $12
PS nav controller - $7

#1188 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

QFT. This will definitely mess with him if you want to do such a thing.

#1189 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

The 50% tradein extra didnt work for me at a Gamestop in Dallas, Tx today. I still got the 10 dollar extra though. Just letting you guys know.

whats so confusing to me is that i dont understand how so many people questioned if the 50 percent still worked on sunday i mean even on their online ad it shows till 4/1...is gamestop really this bad that cagers have to question an official ad haha..makes me wonder if i shoulda traded in all that stuff to gamestop. anyways i think u didnt get the 50 because u probably traded in games where u were better off with the 10 dollars meaning more than 50 percent per game.

#1190 goldeneye64

goldeneye64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

QFT. This will definitely mess with him if you want to do such a thing.

I was thinking about it. But don't think I can give him all one's. I go into a Gamestop maybe once every 6 months and they never have the same employee working there. So I assume he won't be working there long. He had the balls to even highlight the survey and reference number on the receipt. The whole credit card thing pissed me off the most. Cause he took it out of my hand and swiped it for me when payment screen was right in front of me.

Then gave me some speech about did I just use it in the mall that is why it wouldn't work. I said no and then he says its a gift card right? I said no it is a credit card with around a $5,000 limit. He had an answer for everything. I said swiped it again and he said no I can't once it is declined. I've been in stores where they swipe it for people 4 or 5 times after it was declined. He then says you better call the company. Getting me all paranoid lol. I am pretty sure he put it through as a debit instead of credit. I used it after that and it worked fine though.

#1191 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

His name is on the receipt, filling out the survey on the site will link it to him automatically.

#1192 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

I was thinking about it. But don't think I can give him all one's. I go into a Gamestop maybe once every 6 months and they never have the same employee working there. So I assume he won't be working there long. He had the balls to even highlight the survey and reference number on the receipt. The whole credit card thing pissed me off the most. Cause he took it out of my hand and swiped it for me when payment screen was right in front of me.

Then gave me some speech about did I just use it in the mall that is why it wouldn't work. I said no and then he says its a gift card right? I said no it is a credit card with around a $5,000 limit. He had an answer for everything. I said swiped it again and he said no I can't once it is declined. I've been in stores where they swipe it for people 4 or 5 times after it was declined. He then says you better call the company. Getting me all paranoid lol. I am pretty sure he put it through as a debit instead of credit. I used it after that and it worked fine though.

He sounds like a f----ing azz! I would have SNAPPEDDDDD!!!!!! Lmao. He got lucky it was you...and/or, whoever else takes his crap.

There is a way to review only him. Not sure if it's through the receipt survey or through regular survey....as long as you know his name...a list of names will show. Just be sure you have the correct person. As, sometimes their can be 2 people there with the same name.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1193 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Nothing new to report for 4/1, just that I traded my copy of Batman: AC for PS3 (base value $19) after buying the 360 version for $10 at Best Buy (with Robin code, woot).
Posted Image

#1194 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Ok east coasters let's hear the daily Batman update.

#1195 WesWarlord

WesWarlord

I'll Take the Case!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

All from yesterday 4/1
360:
Batman: AC - $18
Ninja Gaiden II - $2.25
Devil May Cry 4 - $1.25
The Orange Box - $9
Portal 2 - $11

Wii:
Castlevania Judgment - $2.25

3DS:
Cave Story 3DS - $9

In all my time at this site I've never flipped a game but the Batman deal was too good. (I flipped one and had a $5 RZ coupon so it was a no brainer.)

Also, does anyone know anything about a " Free Borderlands 2 preorder" promotion? I could find nothing about it but the manager said I got a free Borderlands 2 preorder. When I checked my receipt they definitely charged the $5 preorder. I need to know if I need to go back with a "you accidentally charged me" mentality or a "your a prick and that's a deceptive sales tactic" mentality.

His GameStop survey also depends on this bit of information.

#1196 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

^lol, "free" pre-order. Looks like he just added it to your receipt.

Depends on how you feel, but I would go in when he is working and cancel it with HIM. This will negate the previous one he put on your receipt. If you cancel with anyone else, it will count against them.
Posted Image

#1197 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

All from yesterday 4/1
Also, does anyone know anything about a " Free Borderlands 2 preorder" promotion? I could find nothing about it but the manager said I got a free Borderlands 2 preorder. When I checked my receipt they definitely charged the $5 preorder. I need to know if I need to go back with a "you accidentally charged me" mentality or a "your a prick and that's a deceptive sales tactic" mentality.

His GameStop survey also depends on this bit of information.

I believe you got suckered.

Looks like the Gamecube last day to trade in got moved to today.

#1198 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Looks like we are back to tiered trade :/ on the bright side time to get rid of some more PS2 games for filler.

Tiered Trade Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30%
Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
Offer valid 04/02/12 - 04/23/12.

Kamagii.png

#1199 Cfranchise13

Cfranchise13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Called Gamestop, PS3 B:AC held at 19 dollars base.

#1200 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

I would think it would hold until atleast mid end of week. Laughed quite hard at Trade In Value at Best Buy

Kamagii.png