Photo
- - - - -

Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4005 replies to this topic

#1201 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Did batman and ff 13-2 hold ?

Oh and my wrestlemania review was posted in the blog section :)
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1202 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

I believe you got suckered.

Looks like the Gamecube last day to trade in got moved to today.

It's "free" because you probably traded-in and you didn't have to pay anything out of pocket.

#1203 WesWarlord

WesWarlord

I'll Take the Case!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

^lol, "free" pre-order. Looks like he just added it to your receipt.

Depends on how you feel, but I would go in when he is working and cancel it with HIM. This will negate the previous one he put on your receipt. If you cancel with anyone else, it will count against them.

Yeah I'll be going back and have him do it. I was going to preorder anyway but not at this location anymore. I seldom go to this GS but it was on the way home from BB.

I don't have as much of a problem with GS as others on CAG but this is sleazy shit plain and simple.

#1204 da_man1980

da_man1980

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

TIV for 3/31/2012:

:ds:
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story- $7
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded-$5.50
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks-$6

#1205 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

I don't have as much of a problem with GS as others on CAG but this is sleazy shit plain and simple.

This is just total and complete garbage. I am glad to see that you have the sense to realize that it was the individual and not the company though. This is the same thing as the guys that add in a "free" warranty or protection plan that you are actually paying for. Too bad GS fosters this kind of foolishness with their system of no accountability. I think it is ridiculous that the employee that happens to be working is at fault when a preorder is cancelled. Why not just take it away from the person it was under in the first place regardless of if they are there or not when it's cancelled?

Oh and my wrestlemania review was posted in the blog section :)

Read your blog and left a comment, thanks for the update!
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1206 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Yeah, I hate when I'm in a GS and hear one of the employee's use that BS. "Well, just today, I can offer you a PUR subscription for FREE!" (aka, "Since you just traded in some games, I can subtract the $15 for the sub from the amount of credit you would have gotten; while you're at it, would you like to put the rest of the money down on a pre-order of a game, for MSRP, of course, that will be widely available at every retail outlet??")

They are obviously trained at a corporate level to use those kinds of deceptive 'sales' tactics; it's sickening, especially when you see them hit a real clueless customer (parent, grandparent, non-CAG, ec..) with it. I'm just glad that not every employee succumbs to those shady tactics. You can't really blame the store-level employees either, though..they're just doing what they are told they have to do to keep their jobs.

#1207 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

How is it that no one else got batman for 27+? I think my cashier made a mistakr

#1208 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

How is it that no one else got batman for 27+? I think my cashier made a mistakr

As in trade? With the 50% bonus it was $27.00 for X360/$28.50 PS3.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1209 wtfmate0000

wtfmate0000

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

I got 28.xx for it yesterday after 10% PUR and the 50% promo they had (got 30.xx on a different copy, dunno why)

#1210 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

I got 28.xx for it yesterday after 10% PUR and the 50% promo they had (got 30.xx on a different copy, dunno why)

:ps3: and :360: Have two different values and They each dropped a dollar or two if I'm not mistaken

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#1211 pascuab

pascuab

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Yesterday before they closed, i got 19 for ac and 18 for ff almost 60 total. cashier told me that was the last day for the extra 50 and that the trade in should go down. must be a glitch because they're selling ac new for 29.99 and giving 30.40 in credit.

#1212 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Yesterday before they closed, i got 19 for ac and 18 for ff almost 60 total. cashier told me that was the last day for the extra 50 and that the trade in should go down. must be a glitch because they're selling ac new for 29.99 and giving 30.40 in credit.

Oh Gosh. Don't let these people get you hooked on the 'glitch' talk. Gamestop knows what they're doing. The 50%, along with the Best Buy coupons/sale, and the Gamestop sale happened to coincide.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1213 pascuab

pascuab

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

regardless of the best buy sale. gamestop yesterday had new copies on sale for less than they were crediting the used copies for.

#1214 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

regardless of the best buy sale. gamestop yesterday had new copies on sale for less than they were crediting the used copies for.

I'm sure there are stores pulling the used copies of AC:R & Gears 3 off the shelf, that's what the one I shop at did.

#1215 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

I'm sure there are stores pulling the used copies of AC:R & Gears 3 off the shelf, that's what the one I shop at did.

i'm sure they'll minimize the amount of used copies of their best games starting this wednesday when their b2g1 sale starts. seen it happen a thousand times.

#1216 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

As in trade? With the 50% bonus it was $27.00 for X360/$28.50 PS3.

Ok I was hoping I didn't steal. The lady told me 18 at first but I left the car and the next lady said 27. Confused, lol!

#1217 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1218 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Yeah I'll be going back and have him do it. I was going to preorder anyway but not at this location anymore. I seldom go to this GS but it was on the way home from BB.

lol u should never believe anything at gamestop is free...my local gamestop guy used this tactic on me, i was trading in a game and i got like 23 bucks back or more forget, but he said that if i got power up pro rewards it would be free.. i literally had to keep telling him dude its not free, im gonna get it still but its not free. and he kept trying to convince me it was free even tho i said i was going to get it. lol its pretty bad when u have to overconvince a guy to buy something when hes already agreed. gave him bad reviews and told him to stop calling it free on his survey.

#1219 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

If you do a trade in for credit, can you go back in the next day and exchange it for the cash option instead?

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#1220 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

He sounds like a f----ing azz! I would have SNAPPEDDDDD!!!!!! Lmao. He got lucky it was you...and/or, whoever else takes his crap.

There is a way to review only him. Not sure if it's through the receipt survey or through regular survey....as long as you know his name...a list of names will show. Just be sure you have the correct person. As, sometimes their can be 2 people there with the same name.

Yeah I think each person has their own personal number that is shown on the receipt

#1221 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

If you do a trade in for credit, can you go back in the next day and exchange it for the cash option instead?

No

#1222 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

All from yesterday 4/1
360:
Batman: AC - $18
Ninja Gaiden II - $2.25
Devil May Cry 4 - $1.25
The Orange Box - $9
Portal 2 - $11

Wii:
Castlevania Judgment - $2.25

3DS:
Cave Story 3DS - $9

In all my time at this site I've never flipped a game but the Batman deal was too good. (I flipped one and had a $5 RZ coupon so it was a no brainer.)

Also, does anyone know anything about a " Free Borderlands 2 preorder" promotion? I could find nothing about it but the manager said I got a free Borderlands 2 preorder. When I checked my receipt they definitely charged the $5 preorder. I need to know if I need to go back with a "you accidentally charged me" mentality or a "your a prick and that's a deceptive sales tactic" mentality.

His GameStop survey also depends on this bit of information.

Just curious..but did you even mention anything about wanting to get borderlands 2 at some point? I was just curious why he would do that and why he would choose that game.

#1223 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Maybe, but it's not an easy thing to do. You'll get 20% less as cash off base TiV. So if you did it yesterday from the last day of the 50/60% bonus TiV, expect to get about half of whatever you got back as cash.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1224 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

From today (4/2), base values:
:ps3:
Final Fantasy XIII - $6
Mass Effect 2 - $7
Rage - $6.50
RE 5 Gold Edition - $4.50
Tomb Raider Trilogy - $8
Red Dead Redemption - $10
Heavy Rain - $6.50
Uncharted - $5.50
Dead Space 2 - $8
Batman AA - $7
Batman AC - $19
Dead Rising 2 - $7
Carl of Duty: Black Cops - 14

#1225 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

Final Fantasy XIII - $6
Mass Effect 2 - $7
Rage - $6.50
Tomb Raider Trilogy - $8
Heavy Rain - $6.50
Uncharted - $5.50
Dead Space 2 - $8
Batman AA - $7
Batman AC - $19
Dead Rising 2 - $7

:lol:

#1226 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

Final Fantasy XIII - $6
Mass Effect 2 - $7
Rage - $6.50
Tomb Raider Trilogy - $8
Heavy Rain - $6.50
Uncharted - $5.50
Dead Space 2 - $8
Batman AA - $7
Batman AC - $19
Dead Rising 2 - $7

I would've given you way more than $14 for Carl of Duty: Black Cops

#1227 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

Was it Carl Winslow from Family Matters. He was a Chicago police officer.

#1228 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

Final Fantasy XIII - $6
Mass Effect 2 - $7
Rage - $6.50
Tomb Raider Trilogy - $8
Heavy Rain - $6.50
Uncharted - $5.50
Dead Space 2 - $8
Batman AA - $7
Batman AC - $19
Dead Rising 2 - $7

Lmao

Posted Image

#1229 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:13 AM

Eh...it's available for $15 + shipping at half.com if you want it. I'm pretty happy with $20 after bonuses.

Edit: Although it's true you'll get the inferior Black Ops version instead of mine.

#1230 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

lmao

Posted Image

omg lmao !!!
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze