Photo
- - - - -

Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4005 replies to this topic

#1531 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

I should've thought of that, Fuck I bought a minty flippable game instead, lol.

I did the same thing, but I did have "aggressive Inline" for gamecube in my hands, as it would only be a .89 game until I saw Alan Wake sitting there.

#1532 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

So, I've got a big list. Just traded 19 of my 360 games, as well as a few I got at garage sales, and picked up a PS3.

:ds: DSLite - $30
:ds: Mario Kart - $14
:ds: Call of Duty:Black Ops - $7
:ds: Scribblenauts - $3
:ds: Lego Indiana Jones Original Adventures - $2
:3ds: Super Street Fighter 4 - $8
:ps2: PS2 Slim - $20 (didn't trade this in actually, just asked)
:ps2: Twisted Metal Black - $1
:ps2: Call of Duty:Finest Hour - $.50
:360: X-Men Origins Wolverine - $2.50
:360: SPider-Man : Web of Shadows - $10
:360: Spider-Man : Shattered Dimensions - $12
:360: Skate - $1.20
:360: Sneak King - $.20
:360: Unreal Tournament 3 - $.80
:360: Tony Hawk's Proving Ground - $2.20
:360: Star Wars : Force Unleashed 2 - $8
:360: Mirror's Edge - $3
:360: Lego Pirates - $8
:360: Lego Batman - $2.50
:360: King Kong - $1.20
:360: Forza 3 - $4.50
:360: Bulletstorm - $1.20
:360: Call of Duty 4 - $4
:360: Call of Duty MW2 - $6
:360: Crysis 2 - $6
:360: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - $11
:360: Battlefield : Bad Company - $.80
:360: Blood Stone 007 - $5
:360: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - $12

Total after bonus was $244.30. And then I also traded...

:ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - $18

Which after bonus was $28.80.

#1533 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:41 AM

Quick question, if I bought a used game from GS and I removed the stickers with the price on them, can I still return it? I do have the receipt.

Yes

#1534 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

does anyone know when the 50% trade in ends?
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#1535 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

does anyone know when the 50% trade in ends?

It ends at closing next Sunday (4/29).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1536 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:25 AM

Thanks a lot :) have quite a few games to trade in so glad I still have some time.
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#1537 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

Base Values from today, all for 360
Final Fantasy 13 - $6
Final Fantasy 13-2 - $17
Crackdown 2 - $4
NBA 2K12 - $15
Soul Calibur V - $21
Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 - $8
L.A. Noire - $7
After Bonuses Got $124.80. I picked up a minty black label copy of Shadow of the Colossus as my used game, and pre ordered Persona 4 Arena just because I really like the employ who did the transactoin, also gave him a great review. Still have $104.51 left on the card.

#1538 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

Posted Image

This is after +50% and Power Up Rewards. :) It's nice to see the final total. I bought Skyrim, XIII-2, and Skyward sword during B2G1 day... and kept all their cases/manuals and Zelda's soundtrack.

#1539 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

and kept all their cases/manuals and Zelda's soundtrack.

Ugh, the soundtrack part is fine but ugh

#1540 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

What can I say, I like to keep the cases and manuals just in case I ended up buying caseless games in the future (which is likely to happen more than naught).

#1541 z24buddy

z24buddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

What can I say, I like to keep the cases and manuals just in case I ended up buying caseless games in the future (which is likely to happen more than naught).

Yes, this is especially likely to happen when stupid case hoarders trade games without cases ;)

I think they all should charge a refurb fee for disc only trades becuase they then have the hassle and expense of providing a generic case and they are harder to sell. I almost never buy a game if it does not have the original case and may avoid it even if the manual is missing.

#1542 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Funny thing today at Gamestop, one of the pre-own game I got was Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3 (game only, for Friend) and I actually have the box and manual for that one somewhere :D

And a not so funny thing, I nabbed Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (Gamecube Game) that has box and manual and ad for subscribing to Nintendo Power... but an employee stole the game :( so I got the case and stuff for free.

#1543 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

Posted Image

This is after +50% and Power Up Rewards. :) It's nice to see the final total. I bought Skyrim, XIII-2, and Skyward sword during B2G1 day... and kept all their cases/manuals and Zelda's soundtrack.

Thanks for helping out the preowned market .... NOT!

#1544 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

Oh pishposh, the guy transacting next to me unloaded like 15 disc-only PS3/360 games. If it makes the situation better, I didn't have cases for the DS games as I got them all from a co-worker.

#1545 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Oh pishposh, the guy transacting next to me unloaded like 15 disc-only PS3/360 games. If it makes the situation better, I didn't have cases for the DS games as I got them all from a co-worker.

I wouldn't worry about the DS cases. They'll most likely throw them out anyway.

#1546 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

It saddens me more that I know a lot of the PS2 cases get tossed. Reaaaaally nice considering the rarity of some of these PS2 games @_@

#1547 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

Posted Image

seriously....why would u do that? cuz u might be a caseless game? if ur the type of person to keep just the case and the manual, i know ur the type to go and try to find a game with the case and manual....there is no benefit to you keeping the manual and case, go back to gamestop and put that in as well...i feel like there will be repercussions if enough games are traded in without the case and manual, gamestop may institute fees because no one really wants to buy a game without at least the case.

#1548 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

Aside from keeping them as a "just in case I end up with a caseless lot of games bundle on eBay/Craigslist" kind of reason, another reason I keep them is the fact that Gamestop doesn't pay me any more even if I did provide the case, manuals, registration cards, etc. Just like they don't charge me any less if I grab an originalcaselessmanualless game from them.

If there is a serious increase of certain titles being turned in game only, wouldn't Gamestop simply throw them in their warehouse for online distribution anyway? They do warn users of the online store that original case and manual may not be included.

In any case, I don't foresee Gamestop implementing refurbishing fees anytime soon, especially with an increase of trade in competitors on the rise. The only game store that I knew of that does the game refurb fee kinda... went out of business.

#1549 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

Aside from keeping them as a "just in case I end up with a caseless lot of games bundle on eBay/Craigslist" kind of reason, another reason I keep them is the fact that Gamestop doesn't pay me any more even if I did provide the case, manuals, registration cards, etc. Just like they don't charge me any less if I grab an originalcaselessmanualless game from them.

If there is a serious increase of certain titles being turned in game only, wouldn't Gamestop simply throw them in their warehouse for online distribution anyway? They do warn users of the online store that original case and manual may not be included.

In any case, I don't foresee Gamestop implementing refurbishing fees anytime soon, especially with an increase of trade in competitors on the rise. The only game store that I knew of that does the game refurb fee kinda... went out of business.

C'mon man, you're just screwing another gamer out of the case and manual and cover art. What are you going to do with those cases and manuals anyways? You don't need them anymore when you don't have the game.

#1550 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

You're speaking like I would never own those games in some form ever again. The last time I traded games to Gamestop was 3 years ago (Boxless Sonic the Hedgehog for PS3 + Completely boxed PS2 games). Today, I bought Sonic the Hedgehog for PS3 game only, which works perfect with my case and manual that I still kept 3 years ago.

I do most of my game selling to friends anyway, and they definitely get their cases and manuals when available. Only reason I decided to trade in games to Gamestop today was because with the bonus, they offered more trade in value than the Navy affiliated store down the street on 8 of my 14 games for possible trade ins.

#1551 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

I usually trade my games in mint and complete just because that's what I want to receive in return but I really don't blame him at all for trading in disc only. It's irritating yes but it's just a lousy Gamestop policy imo. They shouldn't allow it. Since they do, this is what they (and then the customers) get for it. Apparently not enough buyers care for it to be a huge issue.

I really don't understand what the hell people do with their games anyway to lose parts and destroy them so much.

To be hypocritical, I've done it a couple times myself just because I wanted a couple "just in case" blu ray cases.

#1552 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

:rofl: People getting on SEGAMew for trading in games disc/cart only when a good chunk of Gamestops' inventory IS disc/cart only is just hilarious to me.

Gamestops' primary customer base is soccer moms and jackoffs that don't give a shit about if a game comes complete/mint as long as it works. CAG's are maybe 5%(probably less) of their business.

It's just hilarious though.

Only problem I could see happening is at some point in the future SegaMews' GS stores go refurb fee happy like a few around here did. All it takes is a change in managers/district managers.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1553 realskillz

realskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Posted Image

what a dick move no wonder when I go to buy older games they most likely dont have cases just that generic plastic I didnt even think people would do this.
currently playing witcher 2(360),dmc hd collection(ps3),persona 4(ps2)

#1554 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

Now why are we acting like this kind of behavior doesn't exist since the Age of Funcoland?

#1555 Ramandur

Ramandur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Now why are we acting like this kind of behavior doesn't exist since the Age of Funcoland?

Doesn't mean it isn't a dick move.

#1556 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Doesn't mean it isn't a dick move.

To counteract his negative karma, you should collect cases from dumpsters and all of your friends and turn them in to GS after printing inserts for all the games they might possibly get in.

Unless you live in his town and bought one of them games he traded in, STFU. All this feigned indignancy in this world pisses me off. Like "I know I live 4000 miles away, but I just can't believe that you would screw me out of a case if I came that far and bought one of the games you traded!!! The horror!!! You're a D-I-C-K, dick, dick dick."

If you're really that outraged, you should start a corporation like GameStop that only accepts perfect games with all cases and manuals.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1557 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

seriously....why would u do that? cuz u might be a caseless game? if ur the type of person to keep just the case and the manual, i know ur the type to go and try to find a game with the case and manual....there is no benefit to you keeping the manual and case, go back to gamestop and put that in as well...i feel like there will be repercussions if enough games are traded in without the case and manual, gamestop may institute fees because no one really wants to buy a game without at least the case.

Well, I don't know about him or anyone else, but I sell the cases and manuals on eBay, so there is definitely a benefit to keeping them. If you don't want to buy a game without a case/manual, go find a copy that has one (or buy it new since that's usually cheaper than GameStop's used prices anyway). We live in a world of options, mon frer.

#1558 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

Anyone want to sell me the case and manuels for MvC2 for the PS2?

Man you people are cheap.

#1559 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

For the record, I keep the cases an manuals too. I buy so many games at garage sales, it is nice to be able to make a complete copy.

DS games you should always keep the case/manual since every gamestop in my area trashes them anyway.

I have NSMB 64 on ds and SM64 DS...I may have to trade them in...Actually I think I have mario kart too. IDK where it is though.

#1560 walterdude

walterdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

I've got enough points to get the $50 off any gamestop purchase... Is it possible to apply this on top of the $50 off that is already? When I go to gamestop's website it's saying that the PS3 has a full price drop and is $199.99. It doesn't say it as an offer.

so in theory.

$199.99 - $50 any gamestop purchase = $149.99 plus whatever else I find to toss in lol