Photo
- - - - -

Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4005 replies to this topic

#1981 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

Base Values from May 18th

360:
Rage $6
Alan Wake $7
Tekken 6 $7
Shaun White Skateboarding $3.50
Darksiders $6

PS3:
White Knight Chronicles $3

Wii:
Rythem Heaven Fever $10

After bonuses got $81.75. It looked like it rang out fine and I new what value to expect because I did the math before I came, but the guy checked like 3 times and kept saying "I just want to make sure you don't get screwed over by the computer" and I was loling, wish most gamestop employees were like him.

Man you people are cheap.

#1982 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

The thing is the stores around here never show the values on the credit card machine. I asked the guy, so I'm getting a bonus $5 on everything, right?

My wife was eager to get going at the time too so I hurried away and didn't notice until later.

Only 7 of the 28 games I traded in got the bonus $5 promotion. 5 of them got $4 bonus, 9(??wtf) got the bonus 3.33, and the rest got a random $2.50 bonus. Makes no sense.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#1983 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

I feel like your issue seems to be a somewhat common occurrence here on CAG. There are always people not realizing they lost out on money until after they see their receipt.

Doesn't everybody have their trades pop up on the little credit card swiper machines. I watch mine every time and you see both the base and the bump. If they put a refurb on anything that will show up too. I just don't understand how people sign off on the trades without at least saying can I see my trade totals. I always confirm everything on the screen looks right, then they confirm it and the signature screen pops up.

I am not trying to say GS does a good job of these things (clearly your manager should at least know the promo and how it is supposed to work), but at the same time if you sign off for your trades without really thinking about your total or seeing the breakdown I really don't see how you can think they should have to go back and fix it.

Looking for the best deals + basic math skills + double checking all employees = True CAG

There must be an option to turn that function off because none of the stores around here do that anymore. A tad shady inmy opinion. They will even tell me to sign first so they can see totals and verify trade totals.

#1984 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

The thing is the stores around here never show the values on the credit card machine. I asked the guy, so I'm getting a bonus $5 on everything, right?

My wife was eager to get going at the time too so I hurried away and didn't notice until later.

Only 7 of the 28 games I traded in got the bonus $5 promotion. 5 of them got $4 bonus, 9(??wtf) got the bonus 3.33, and the rest got a random $2.50 bonus. Makes no sense.

That is both sad about the machines and extremely odd on the promo. I tried in my mind to come up with a scenario where those numbers make any sense at all and the only thing I can think of is that it literally does everything in order. If you had some games that were under $2 then they wouldn't qualify for the $10, $20, $35 bump so maybe as they were scanned those were like gaps in the system. Once 3, 5, or 7 qualifying games are scanned in a row, then you get the respective bonus.

If they were all at least $2 then who knows? Maybe 28 games caused the system to get weird on you.

#1985 JediKiller24

JediKiller24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

One thing to be aware of that I think people are missing on this 3/5/7 trade in deal: the offer on the GameStop website states: "trade 7 or more for an extra $35". That means if you have 28 games to trade in, you need to break that into 4 transactions so that each group of 7 gets the $35 applied to it. It is not a flat $5 bump for every game over 7, it's a flat $35 bonus for trading 7 or more games.

#1986 poet17eric

poet17eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

All for PS3:

Deus Ex: $4.80
Dark Souls $ 8
EA Sports Active 2: $1.60
Posted Image

#1987 Gdogg

Gdogg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

Saturday 5/19/12

I had no problems trading in games $2 and up for the 7/$35 trade in promo

PS3:
EA Active $2
Saboteur $2.50
Disney Universe $8
Star Wars Unleashed 2 $7
LOTR Conquest $4.50
Fallout NV $4

X360
Singularity $2
COD 4 $5
Halo ODST $5

Wii
GH Metallica $3.50

Edit: I see the post above me mentions EA Active got $1.60. Thats probably more accurate as my number is just a quote for the game plus the heart rate bands it comes with. GS wouldn't let me trade the game in by itself. I just kept it

#1988 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

One thing to be aware of that I think people are missing on this 3/5/7 trade in deal: the offer on the GameStop website states: "trade 7 or more for an extra $35". That means if you have 28 games to trade in, you need to break that into 4 transactions so that each group of 7 gets the $35 applied to it. It is not a flat $5 bump for every game over 7, it's a flat $35 bonus for trading 7 or more games.

Well, I went back and looked at the trade in deal flyer before even bringing it up to the employees-

Actually, the flyer in the store does state the following:

"Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from all tiers of this offer. Games with a trade value less than $4 are excluded from the $20 and $35 tiers of this offer. Games with a trade value less than $5 are excluded from the $35 tier of this offer."

I could take a photo, but look when you're in the store for yourself. Im not sure how so many people are getting the $35 bonus on games with less than $5 trade values, unless the deals are somehow regional now? The website states the $2 requirement but none of the different tiers.

#1989 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

Well, I went back and looked at the trade in deal flyer before even bringing it up to the employees-

Actually, the flyer in the store does state the following:

"Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from all tiers of this offer. Games with a trade value less than $4 are excluded from the $20 and $35 tiers of this offer. Games with a trade value less than $5 are excluded from the $35 tier of this offer."

I could take a photo, but look when you're in the store for yourself. Im not sure how so many people are getting the $35 bonus on games with less than $5 trade values, unless the deals are somehow regional now? The website states the $2 requirement but none of the different tiers.

I am thinking the computers just aren't updated because these tiered promos are normally $2 requirement. i am guessing in your case it was a manager and he noticed and changed it? Not really sure.

CBrownsT10.png

#1990 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

Wow theres seriously price requirements for the different tiers? <_<

That kinda ruins the deal
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1991 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

There must be an option to turn that function off because none of the stores around here do that anymore. A tad shady inmy opinion. They will even tell me to sign first so they can see totals and verify trade totals.

That's ridiculous if true. I'd be on the phone to the district manager complaining every day and threatening to start calling corporate numbers. For a situation like that, where they're taking money away from you AND preventing you from checking the total before you sign it away, all of that is warranted. They can't tell you you need to relinquish ownership rights of your games before they tell you how much you're paying for them.

I'd also threaten to start taking phone videos of the transactions and posting them on their facebook pages, etc.., whatever wakes someone up who has the authority to do anything.

#1992 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Wow theres seriously price requirements for the different tiers? <_<

That kinda ruins the deal

I'm interested to see if the requirement shows up on the small print of page 2 of the flyers in stores in another part of the country - because it's absolutely on the flyer i got at the store today.

#1993 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Dunno, but im about to get dressed to head up to my store now to trade in lol. Dont wanna risk missing out if it is either not in the system fully or what not. 2 of the games i was trading are in the 2-3$ range.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1994 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Should i do this or the bestbuy 50% deal, hmmmm
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1995 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

^I always compare the TIV + Bonuses. I ended up splitting my trades in about half and got 175.xx @ BB and about 120.xx at GS. You have to mix and match to get the best deal from both places.

Edit: TIV from today(before bonuses):

Darksiders 6
mass effect2 7
Bully 11
Demons souls 5
uncharted2 6
tetris 5.50
dead space 4.50
Forza3 4.50
Dirt2 6
Assassins Creed Brotherhood 10
def jam Rapstar 2
Wired Microphone 2
Posted Image

#1996 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

With the trade in 7 plus my PUR card deal I got $74.60 for

Just Cause 2 -$16

Dante's Inferno - $8.85

Halo Wars - $12.70

Silent Hill Homecoming - $11.60

Kane & Lynch 2 - $7.75

Ghostbusters - $7.75

Aliens vs Predator - $9.95

#1997 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

Just got back, traded in...

PS3
Dead Space 2 8$

Magna Carta 2 8$
Resonance of Fate 7$
Blue Dragon 2.25$
Dragon Age 2 4.50$

No problems getting the extra 20$. (Would have went for 7, but my other 2 games were worth 14$ and 18$, and i couldnt find anything to flip without breaking even)

Also, boo at them getting rid of the 30% toward Ghost Recon. Gonna wait to see if it starts back on Monday, otherwise i'll have to to a reserve swap <_<.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1998 zao366

zao366

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

anyone know the tiv for max payne 3, yet?

#1999 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

anyone know the tiv for max payne 3, yet?

most new titles get a guaranteed 30. whether max payne is one of those or not i dont know.

#2000 io

io

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

Phone quote: :ds: Animal Planet Vet Collection: $1.25

I'm trying to find a 7th game :bomb:

#2001 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

5/19

:360: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts And Bolts $2.50
:360: Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare $5.00
:360: Halo 3 ODST $5.00

#2002 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:56 AM

Just Cause 2 -$16

Dante's Inferno - $8.85

Halo Wars - $12.70

Silent Hill Homecoming - $11.60

Kane & Lynch 2 - $7.75

Ghostbusters - $7.75

Aliens vs Predator - $9.95

Please post base values next time

#2003 ironmenpb

ironmenpb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:03 AM

TIV 5/19

Slim Xbox controller - $16

#2004 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:10 AM

5/19

:ps3: Modern Warfare 3 - $19
:ps3: Dead Island - $12

#2005 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

does any1 have phone # to gamestop stores giving phone quotes, the stores near my location doesn't give out tiv over the phone, thanks in advance

#2006 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

does any1 have phone # to gamestop stores giving phone quotes, the stores near my location doesn't give out tiv over the phone, thanks in advance

262-554-9901
This store is in the Midwest so it goes by central time and is closed for tonight, but they will quote you tomorrow

Man you people are cheap.

#2007 Sendoh

Sendoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:49 AM

Just got back, traded in...

PS3
Dead Space 2 8$

Magna Carta 2 8$
Resonance of Fate 7$
Blue Dragon 2.25$
Dragon Age 2 4.50$

No problems getting the extra 20$. (Would have went for 7, but my other 2 games were worth 14$ and 18$, and i couldnt find anything to flip without breaking even)

Also, boo at them getting rid of the 30% toward Ghost Recon. Gonna wait to see if it starts back on Monday, otherwise i'll have to to a reserve swap <_<.

A couple of Bestbuy games can be break even or make a profit after the promo.

Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars Force Unleashed II, Halo: ODSR, God of Wars III

#2008 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:53 AM

Yeah i checked, no stores in the area had God of War or ODST. And only copy of Fallout NV i could find looked scratch to hell, didnt want to risk a refurb fee
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2009 Kanjishin

Kanjishin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

Just Cause 2 -$16

Just Cause 2 trades in for $10 what?!

#2010 io

io

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

^ He gave the value with promo + PUR.

--------------------------------------------------

Well, I'm glad I brought 9 games in so I had some leeway. It turns the first 2 wouldn't have worked:

:wii:
Metroid Prime 3 - $1.25 (ouch - given the rarity of the Prime Collection and how awesome this game is that is sad to see)

:ds:
Prism: Light The Way - $0.25 (yeah, not even close)

:ps3:
Bulletstorm - $2 (and as confirmed by others the promo applied to this one)
Fallout New Vegas - $4 (glad to get rid of this as I got the Ultimate Edition from the Target trade-in deal a few weeks back)

:3ds:
Madden NFL Football - $7
Nintendogs + Cats French Bulldog - $9
Nintendogs + Cats Toy Poodle - $9
Pilotwings Resort - $7
Steel Diver - $4