Photo
- - - - -

Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4005 replies to this topic

#2041 dennisb407

dennisb407

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

Between yesterday and today I ended up with $577 credit...had to clean house lol

#2042 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:26 AM

Between yesterday and today I ended up with $577 credit...had to clean house lol

Damn. That is crazy. I got $80 and I thought I did well. I'd love to see what you traded in

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2043 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

Damn. That is crazy. I got $80 and I thought I did well. I'd love to see what you traded in

x2, The most I've ever gotten in a single transaction was like $120

#2044 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

Lol, awesome work! What would be really awesome is if you posted some of those TIV's.

#2045 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

x2, The most I've ever gotten in a single transaction was like $120

The largest single transaction I ever had was when GameStop first started taking in DVDs. I worked at a video store and I was able to get the rental DVDs for sale for like $1 or $2. They used to have some pretty outrageous values and I ended up with over $600 from DVDs. Me and three friends carried in the dvds in a few boxes. The look on the employees faces just said "Oh son of a bitch." I enjoyed that.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#2046 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

Or you could just say you have 2 transactions.

Done it plenty of times when I wanted to trade in a single game by itself, and a tiered trade

I'll just do that tomorrow and see how it goes, I wasn't sure how to word it with out confusing the clerk. Thanks for the tip.
Spoiler

#2047 dennisb407

dennisb407

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:10 AM

lol had some of everything from The Saboteur to Halo Reach...I just got rid of everything cause I dont have time to be bothered with ebay. Only thing I kept was my COD collection on both consoles and my Gears collection. I still might have to deal with ebay though cause I have like 2 dozen more games that only fetch like 0.35-$1 area at GS

#2048 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

Damn, I think the most I have ever traded in was about $280 worth...which I spent on a PS3 slim anyways.
I didn't even think about it but Diablo 3 CE was probably the easiest way to turn GS GC into cash and then some.

#2049 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

The largest single transaction I ever had was when GameStop first started taking in DVDs. I worked at a video store and I was able to get the rental DVDs for sale for like $1 or $2. They used to have some pretty outrageous values and I ended up with over $600 from DVDs. Me and three friends carried in the dvds in a few boxes. The look on the employees faces just said "Oh son of a bitch." I enjoyed that.

I would have loved to see the employee's face haha

Good job

I'll just do that tomorrow and see how it goes, I wasn't sure how to word it with out confusing the clerk. Thanks for the tip.

No problem man. I don't see there being any problem.

#2050 themon

themon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:42 AM

Does anyone know what platforms qualify for the tiered trade deal? Thanks

#2051 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

Does gamestop still take psp and ps2 games?
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#2052 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:50 AM

Does anyone know what platforms qualify for the tiered trade deal? Thanks

Psp,ps2,ps3,360,DS,3ds,Wii,vita.

#2053 themon

themon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

Thats awesome I was not expecting them to apply towards ps2 and psp

#2054 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

Thats awesome I was not expecting them to apply towards ps2 and psp

Yeah I was shocked as well. It doesn't benefit me in anyway but it's cool for everyone else.

#2055 dennisb407

dennisb407

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:13 AM

I see on the site it says games must be $3+ to qualify, but then I see in fine print "GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.". So I'm guessing the $2+ is a modification

#2056 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

yeah 1-2 months. i just renewed yesterday and coupon is good til 7/31

Did the coupon show up instantly or did it take several hours? I'm thinking about renewing this week for the coupon.

#2057 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

it took me a couple days (3 max)

#2058 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

phone quotes:

:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever - $1

:ps3: Killzone 2 - $1.50

:360: Homefront - $1.75

#2059 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

Did the coupon show up instantly or did it take several hours? I'm thinking about renewing this week for the coupon.

24-48 hours after renewal/sign-up (activation).

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#2060 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:30 AM

So, I was thinking about partaking in the tier trade but the thing is I have a Saint's Row Double Pack. If Saint's Row still hold up a $2+ value what's to stop me from trading Saint's Row and Saint's Row 2 ($2.50 and $7) separately as oppose a Saint's Row Double Pack (Just $7)? Cause the discs wasn't specially marked or anything.

#2061 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:03 AM

So, I was thinking about partaking in the tier trade but the thing is I have a Saint's Row Double Pack. If Saint's Row still hold up a $2+ value what's to stop me from trading Saint's Row and Saint's Row 2 ($2.50 and $7) separately as oppose a Saint's Row Double Pack (Just $7)? Cause the discs wasn't specially marked or anything.

I don't think anything is stopping you.

#2062 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

it took about a day or two for the coupon to show up in active offers or wherever it was on my poweruprewards.com page

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2063 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Have: 15 gift card, Want: 14$ paypal I send first

help me lol

This guy. ;)

Phone Quote form 5/20/12

:ps3: Alpha Protocol $.75

#2064 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

it took me a couple days (3 max)

24-48 hours after renewal/sign-up (activation).

it took about a day or two for the coupon to show up in active offers or wherever it was on my poweruprewards.com page

Thanks!

#2065 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

That's ridiculous if true. I'd be on the phone to the district manager complaining every day and threatening to start calling corporate numbers. For a situation like that, where they're taking money away from you AND preventing you from checking the total before you sign it away, all of that is warranted. They can't tell you you need to relinquish ownership rights of your games before they tell you how much you're paying for them.

I'd also threaten to start taking phone videos of the transactions and posting them on their facebook pages, etc.., whatever wakes someone up who has the authority to do anything.

I feel like that's the way it comes up on the registers at my local stores, also. I have never watched, but I know I've asked what the values were (or maybe what the total was) and the response was "I can't see that until you sign."

Really interested to hear more about the min requirements for tiers.

#2066 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

thanks for the GS->BB flips, unfortunately there are none within 30 miles of me for either game. :(

#2067 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

I feel like that's the way it comes up on the registers at my local stores, also. I have never watched, but I know I've asked what the values were (or maybe what the total was) and the response was "I can't see that until you sign."

Really interested to hear more about the min requirements for tiers.

it could also be the POS system (and lack of overall familiarity with it?) - i dont know if all GS locations use identical systems, but I went in and had them quote me the TIV on 3 games yesterday, then had them check the base TIV on 2 additional games, before having them add these 2 games to the trade transaction to see the TIV (w/ 5/$20 bonus) total, at which point, i said - yeah, that looks good. I signed, and only then was the trade finalized.

Granted, store wasnt busy (i wouldnt do multiple scenarios if they were) - but they def had the capacity to give me the quote using multiple variations and gave me the chance to confirm before finalizing.

it could be the CSR doesnt know the system well enough to do this, maybe not all systems nationwide can do this, or maybe the folks you encountered just dont wanna mess with it, but it's this kind of service that causes me to trade some of my games there (i.e. low hassle, maxing my trade) rather than mess with half or amazon for everything (I still send high value games to AMZ, but use GS when bonuses warrant the effort)

#2068 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

:360:
Call of Duty MW - $5
Call of Duty MW2 - $6
Call of Duty WaW - $4
Homefront - $2

:wii:
Pikmin - $4.75
Super Paper Mario - $7
Epic Mickey - $8
Gold's Gym Cardio Workout - $3.5
Up - $2.25
Big Brain Academy Wii Degree - $2
Bloom Blox Bash Party - $3

:ps3:
Dragon Age Origins - $2
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening - $2
The Fight: Lights Out - $2.5
Trivial Pursuit - $3.5
Medal of Honor - $3
L.A. Noire - $6
Tiger Woods PGA 2011 - $5

:ps2:
Shadow of the Colossus - $3.50
Kingdom Hearts - $2.5
Kingdom Hearts 2 - $6

#2069 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Thanks craig I saw homefront was lower before nice to know it now qualifies for the TIV tier bonus.

5/21
Wii Madden 12 $5

#2070 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Do you guys know whats for the pur dotw? I am hoping for another extra $50 coupon for system.