Photo
- - - - -

Old thread: Check first/last post for new thread link.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4005 replies to this topic

#211 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

Well, you're getting the extra $10.00 for the 3 trade offer, but I think there're at least a few people who would've given you $25.00 for each of those two games. I know, I know...convenience. But, you probably are the only one trading them in to Gstop.:lol:

I acually stacked the card with the re operation raccon city preorder and got 20 for each vita game. I also down a pre order for ass creed 3 to get that sweet steel book (first steel book case ive ever owned for a game).
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#212 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

Was in a GS today and had them look up these two.
Batman Arkham City (xbox) is still holding at $23 (base)
Mass effect 3 (xbox) was $25 base, although they'll give $30 as part of a promotion they are running through 4/4

#213 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

Are people really trading in ME3? Craigslist, people. You'll easily make $45 compared to the $30 credit. If the $15 extra is of no use to you, just mail it to me.

#214 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

Are people really trading in ME3? Craigslist, people. You'll easily make $45 compared to the $30 credit. If the $15 extra is of no use to you, just mail it to me.

Not everyone likes going through all those hassles (And risks), of someplace like that.

As far as Gamestop goes, i agree there are better easier deals. (Namely Best Buy for 35-37.50 trade in). Either way, its their choice
Posted ImagePosted Image

#215 msgamer

msgamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

Too bad since you're gonna miss out on all the good 3DS games coming this year.

Really? Like what? Kid Icarus and more of the same Mario stuff? I have seen the entire line-up moving forward and there was nothing that I could see that I wanted to play. If a miracle occurs, and something worthwhile comes out, and they re-release a better version of the hardware, I will just pick up another one.

#216 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

Really? Like what? Kid Icarus and more of the same Mario stuff? I have seen the entire line-up moving forward and there was nothing that I could see that I wanted to play. If a miracle occurs, and something worthwhile comes out, and they re-release a better version of the hardware, I will just pick up another one.

You must be very hard to please.

You'll probably trade the Vita in a matter of weeks.

#217 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

Yeah, every gamestop in the area has at least 3 used copies of that turd.
Otherwise, it's slim pickings for now (used anyways):)

They have used Uncharted at the 3 Gamestops by my house. I think a lot of people didn't care about going back and getting all the photos/treasure.

#218 msgamer

msgamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:36 AM

You must be very hard to please.

You'll probably trade the Vita in a matter of weeks.

Ha, unlikely but I can appreciate your fanboyism. To each their own. Honestly hope that the Wii U ends up being good.

#219 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

I, like many others, would gladly take the $15 hit to not have to deal with people and general BS of Craigslist. I think of it as a convenience fee. I'd also pay $15 to not see this thread consistently full of posts uselessly hassling the people who choose to do business with Gamestop, but that's another matter.

#220 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

Ha, unlikely but I can appreciate your fanboyism. To each their own. Honestly hope that the Wii U ends up being good.

Of course the Wii U will end up being good.

And can you prove I'm a fanboy?

#221 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:24 AM

Hopefully Little Deviants is still worth something. That game is awful.

#222 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

I would love for the Wii U to blow people away at E3. With the news that the next XBOX isn't going to debut at E3 or "anytime soon" according to Microsoft, and me sitting on $950 credit to Gamestop and no desire at all to own a Vita or 3DS, I need to fucking spend it on something.

#223 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:33 AM

You didn't ask me, but your name is SuperMariofreaking64, your avatar is a freaking N64, you're talking shit about Vita, you think the 3DS has upcoming good games besides Nintendo's first-party lineup. You think Wii U will be good despite nothing suggesting one way or the other.

Seriously, I think Nintendo games are great too, but whenever I play one, I'm always like, "Aren't I a little too old for this?" I picked up Mario Galaxy 2 and just can't get into it despite recognizing that it's a good game.

Back on topic, I'm surprised Batman: AC still gets $23 base. I might check it out this weekend.

#224 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

You didn't ask me, but your name is SuperMariofreaking64, your avatar is a freaking N64, you're talking shit about Vita, you think the 3DS has upcoming good games besides Nintendo's first-party lineup.

Seriously, I think Nintendo games are great too, but whenever I play one, I'm always like, "Aren't I a little too old for this?" I picked up Mario Galaxy 2 and just can't get into it despite recognizing that it's a good game.

:applause:
Couldn't have called him out better myself. Honestly the 3DS is an okay system. I got 2 of them for my boys, but mostly for durability as the cartridges were a better option to the previous UMD format. Plus it's a great "kids" system. Even then they only play it when I won't let them use my Vita, phone, or iPad.

#225 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

You didn't ask me, but your name is SuperMariofreaking64, your avatar is a freaking N64, you're talking shit about Vita, you think the 3DS has upcoming good games besides Nintendo's first-party lineup. You think Wii U will be good despite nothing suggesting one way or the other.

Back on topic, I'm surprised Batman: AC still gets $23 base. I might check it out this weekend.

I own all 3 consoles so you can't call me anything.

I was not talking anything bad about Vita and I may get one down the line, but clearly more support is going in the way of 3DS. What I should of said was, if he can't find anything good on 3DS, what will make him hold on to the Vita?

Also thinking you're too "old" for Nintendo is ridiculous thinking.

Edited by SuperMario64, 17 March 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#226 whitereflection

whitereflection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

Hey, I owned all the systems from last generation, but I'll be the first to admit that I was a Dreamcast fanboy. There's nothing wrong with favoring one system over another. (I do think it's interesting that Dreamcast and Wii were so similar, and the similarities continue with Wii U's screen-in-a-controller like Dreamcast's VMU.)

As far as the 3DS goes, it has to be one of Nintendo's biggest disappointments since Gamecube. Remember that it launched at $249.99 and it dropped so much so quickly. It cannot compare to the quality of the original DS's library (one of my favorite systems), and much of the excitement for Vita right now is that it is console-quality, so that probably appeals to many people who aren't impressed with DS anymore. Obviously, if Mario and Zelda rank among your top franchises, it's not like you have any other choice.

#227 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

Hey, I owned all the systems from last generation, but I'll be the first to admit that I was a Dreamcast fanboy. There's nothing wrong with favoring one system over another. (I do think it's interesting that Dreamcast and Wii were so similar, and the similarities continue with Wii U's screen-in-a-controller like Dreamcast's VMU.)

As far as the 3DS goes, it has to be one of Nintendo's biggest disappointments since Gamecube. Remember that it launched at $249.99 and it dropped so much so quickly. It cannot compare to the quality of the original DS's library (one of my favorite systems), and much of the excitement for Vita right now is that it is console-quality, so that probably appeals to many people who aren't impressed with DS anymore. Obviously, if Mario and Zelda rank among your top franchises, it's not like you have any other choice.

The 3DS had a rough start no doubt but it's starting to pick up quickly. I think getting rid of it would be too soon since E3 is right around the corner and there are new games to be announced there and the same thing goes for the Vita as well. But there are clearly plenty of choices other than Mario and Zelda.

#228 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

Sometimes the earliest 1-2 copies of a game traded in are from the managers if they get the game for free. Many GS managers aren't what we would call gamers and even if they do play games, will only play a limted range of games depending on their sex so if they get a game like ME they don't want for free they can't sell it on Amazon/EBay/CL or get fired but are allowed to trade it.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#229 whitereflection

whitereflection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Base TIV 3/17/12

PS3
Batman: AC - $22 (dropped $1)
Madden NFL 2011 - $3

Xbox 360
GTA IV - $8

Wii
New Super Mario Bros. - $20
Wii Sports - $8

#230 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Sometimes the earliest 1-2 copies of a game traded in are from the managers if they get the game for free. Many GS managers aren't what we would call gamers and even if they do play games, will only play a limted range of games depending on their sex so if they get a game like ME they don't want for free they can't sell it on Amazon/EBay/CL or get fired but are allowed to trade it.

Yeah.. I've known this for awhile. Slipped my mind, but sadly you know there are people out there that will trade in new releases "just because".

#231 krushin

krushin

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

Can the 30% trade in bonus and the trade 3 in for $10 be combined?

#232 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Someone traded in a :360: ME3 CE (Just the game discs) yesterday.

Also had someone trade in a :ps3: ME3 (Reg) about a week ago. Didnt even use the online code. He said his GF bought it for him, he didnt like it, so he traded it in for something else.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#233 whitereflection

whitereflection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

Can the 30% trade in bonus and the trade 3 in for $10 be combined?

No.

Someone traded in a :360: ME3 CE (Just the game discs) yesterday.

And it was for sale? My Gamestop tells me they have to hold trade-ins for 14 days before they can put it on the shelf.

#234 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

And it was for sale? My Gamestop tells me they have to hold trade-ins for 14 days before they can put it on the shelf.

Yes, I sold it today. Not sure if there are different state laws where you live, but in SoCal, we can sell it once it's traded in.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#235 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

I own all 3 consoles so you can't call me anything.

I was not talking anything bad about Vita and I may get one down the line, but clearly more support is going in the way of 3DS. What I should of said was, if he can't find anything good on 3DS, what will make him hold on to the Vita?

Also thinking you're too "old" for Nintendo is ridiculous thinking.

it's not ridiculous when you honestly feel like the games aren't as mature or dumb downed versions compared to other systems. Sorry but there is more truth to that statement than you clearly admit. Reason why the Wii is crashing hard after being a huge seller early. The games in the end are not up to par with other consoles/PC.
Posted Image

#236 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

I got the CE ME3 disc sent to me last Sat for 1000pts on Goozex. I sent someone a $5 BB RAGE and got a 1000pts earlier that week. He shoots ...he scores!

Edited by Toss, 18 March 2012 - 10:17 AM.

...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#237 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:19 AM

whats so good about the me3 ce discs?

#238 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

I got the CE ME3 disc sent to me last Sat for 1000pts on Goozex. I sent someone a $5 BB RAGE and got a 1000pts earlier that week. He shoots ...he score!

Just curious, did you get the metal case, too?

#239 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

Hmm I must have missed it somewhere, but didnt someone post a trade value for the Vita 4GB Mem Card? If so how much was it? Thinking about getting the starter pack but then trading in the useless memory card ha.
Posted Image

#240 fireworkfan

fireworkfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

Traded in

:ps3:

NBA 2K12 $17
Final Fantasy 13 $7
Posted Image