Gamestop Throwing Away Guitar Controllers - YMMV

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#91 dkleinfeld

dkleinfeld

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

If anyone can pick up some guitars for the 360, please please please PM me! I live in Brooklyn, where retailers got rid of their guitars a while back. But I still love Rock Band, and I would love to get some more guitars!

PM me, and I will totally pay some shipping costs to get some Xbox 360 guitars!!!!

#92 VOLTAN

VOLTAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

You've obviously never played it with friends and alcohol.

Amen to that. Many many fun nights have been had.

#93 SJBenoist

SJBenoist

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Rock Band 3 is still awesome.

Also, if you buy a MIDI guitar (or one of the special Squire guitars), you can actually learn to play. Nothing "fake" about it.

#94 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Nobody believed me when I said Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Call of Duty, and sports games are garbage. Here's your proof.

Yeah! youre so much better than everyone else for not liking what others like!

#95 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

There are two types of people who don't like GH games:

1) Joyless people who suck at life
2) "real" guitarists who think they're super cool cause they play real guitar so they turn their noses at GH/RB

Although come to think of it, 2 falls under 1.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#96 driverhasabomb

driverhasabomb

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

I remember last time this happened it was with a bunch of video game themed wallets. I knew they were going to destroy them so I went and they were still on the shelves, and I tried buying them (rang up 1 cent). They then took them away and said I couldn't have them since they had to throw them away. I insisted but they refused.
Needless to say we dont' go to that gamestop anymore. Come on, guys. You would rather destroy them than just let me have them?

Most stores have a claims process that will recoup the cost of the item from corporate. If they sold them to you they'd simply be taking a huge loss on the item. I know it's silly but that's how claims work for tons of companies.

#97 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

2) "real" guitarists who think they're super cool cause they play real guitar so they turn their noses at GH/RB

I don't understand the "real" guitarists that hate these games. I've played guitar for 23 years and love the gh/rb games. Apples and oranges in my book.

#98 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Brother Daz - that's cause you are not a joyless person who sucks at life!

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#99 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

Yet you have enough time to post this - it literally takes 3 minutes flat to list something on Amazon. Take a couple of minutes, literally minutes, and make yourself some money.

a nine hour a day job and school kinda prevent me from dealing with anything online except buying, wish i could though got a lot of game i would like to sell for a good price and not have to deal with gamestop

Haha, seriously! I love this line of thinking. Even if it took him an hour to list one guitar (which, let's be honest, with that grammar, is entirely possible)...and he "only" made $30 off of it, that's $30 for an hour of work. Must have a damn good job if that's not "worth the time". In reality though, we're most likely talking to 14 year old wankers who don't know their head from their ass. And so, the world just keeps on turning. :)

Excuse my grammar since English is my second language, why are worry about that in the first place.....wait i thought this thread was about dumpster diving for guitar controllers how did it get here?!

#100 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

I don't understand the "real" guitarists that hate these games. I've played guitar for 23 years and love the gh/rb games. Apples and oranges in my book.

Maybe you should start taking yourself too seriously?

I've always found it odd as well. I played a lot of sports in school. It doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy Super Tecmo Bowl because it wasn't the real thing.

#101 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Excuse my grammar since English is my second language, why are worry about that in the first place.....wait i thought this thread was about dumpster diving for guitar controllers how did it get here?!

Your english is better than half the native speakers on CAG. Be proud.

Ees7Y.jpg

#102 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Nobody believed me when I said Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Call of Duty, and sports games are garbage. Here's your proof.

I don't see how sports games are proved to be garbage here?

I need a new signature.

#103 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Funny, the first person I knew that got into Guitar Hero was a bassist.

elessar123.png

#104 fireworkfan

fireworkfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

I enjoyed and still enjoy Rock Band along with sport games in fact more and more sport games are starting to get a RPG style to them with creating your own player and playing out their career while increaseing their abilities along the way.
Posted Image

#105 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Funny, the first person I knew that got into Guitar Hero was a bassist.

He didnt says all.

#106 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

I don't see how sports games are proved to be garbage here?

because he plays madden on a wii with guitar controllers.

He didnt says all.

yeah. I don't think elessar understands venn diagrams.

Ees7Y.jpg

#107 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

He didnt says all.

because he plays madden on a wii with guitar controllers.

yeah. I don't think elessar understands venn diagrams.

lol I wasn't even disagreeing, but you two are so used to defending confoosious's ass apparently, that every quote of confoosious is taken as a stab. Good job, cause I guess it more often than not, is.

elessar123.png

#108 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

lol I wasn't even disagreeing, but you two are so used to defending confoosious's ass apparently, that every quote of confoosious is taken as a stab. Good job, cause I guess it more often than not, is.

It wasn't a defense. Your logic just didn't fit.

#109 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Your english is better than half the native speakers on CAG. Be proud.

Thanks buddy. you just made my day a little better.

#110 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'm a musician. I find it more offensive that people who call themselves "controllerists" consider themselves musicians. I wish they would all dubstep off a roof.

#111 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'm a musician. I find it more offensive that people who call themselves "controllerists" consider themselves musicians. I wish they would all dubstep off a roof.

lmao that would be something to see.

#112 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

Confoosious and I hardly ever agree on anything. You just didn't understand what was being said. No one insulted you. Stop with the tantrum and calm down.

#113 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Well, that's a little different, lol. Wow..."controllerists". That's just as bad as a guitarist being self-righteous about people just wanting to have a little fun. I've played guitar for 12 years, and I love Rock Band because I love music. It exposes me to music that I wouldn't know about or think about otherwise. I enjoy a wide variety of musical styles, and I like singing different stuff. I also like playing drums to chick rock (Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, Heart, etc). It's just a good time. And occasionally, I can even appreciate the finger workout that expert guitar gives me. I don't take the game too seriously. Nor do I take myself too seriously. And it becomes even better when played in a group. Rock Band allows me to enjoy two of my passions at the same time. Nothing more. Nothing less.

#114 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

But apparently some of these stores fail to remember what the word THRIFT means when pricing shit.:roll:

It means selling things to benefit a charitable organization, which is exactly what Goodwill does. It has absolutely nothing to do with how they price things.

#115 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Thanks to this thread I'm now going to list my Guitar Hero 2 on eBay (with the wired guitar). I would have never thought it would be worth anything again. I looked up completed listings and they pretty much all sold, and for a good amount. Thanks for clueing me in.

#116 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

It means selling things to benefit a charitable organization, which is exactly what Goodwill does. It has absolutely nothing to do with how they price things.

IATCG thinks that whenever he sells something, it should be at sky high prices, but whenever he buys something he expects that everyone else will have low low prices. He thinks the term "buy low, sell high" refers to his and only his personal retail experience.

edit: this should in no way be interpreted as complimentary.

Thanks to this thread I'm now going to list my Guitar Hero 2 on eBay (with the wired guitar). I would have never thought it would be worth anything again. I looked up completed listings and they pretty much all sold, and for a good amount. Thanks for clueing me in.

Which one? the X-plorer? I might have one of those lying around.

Ees7Y.jpg

#117 MDRaph

MDRaph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

I remember last time this happened it was with a bunch of video game themed wallets. I knew they were going to destroy them so I went and they were still on the shelves, and I tried buying them (rang up 1 cent). They then took them away and said I couldn't have them since they had to throw them away. I insisted but they refused.
Needless to say we dont' go to that gamestop anymore. Come on, guys. You would rather destroy them than just let me have them?

The employee could get fired if it was known they give away Field destroy merchandise. Stupid yes, but that's how it is.

#118 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

Wow, the employees might then have to take a break from taring up penny guides to clean or replace green cases.

Looks like a Gamestop parking lot:
http://www.thehighde...011/05/justice/

:lol:That's one limber dog to be able to crap on that lil space by the back window.

Agreed. Plus I always thought those who say the genre sucked, were never good at music games in the first place ;)

Except that if you really think about it all most of these 'music games' are is a glorified game of Simon. Compare the colored buttons on a RB/GH guitar to the buttons on the old Simon game. Notice any similarities?;) The only difference between Simon and GH/RB is that you have to on occasion hold down the buttons and/or strum the 'guitar' in those games.

Otherwise it really is the same game.:razz:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#119 savagepastry

savagepastry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

And I'll bet you play shoegazing/dream pop. ;)

#120 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

While I don't begrudge them making money to support the organization, there is a limit to how much they really should charge for stuff. I've seen years old entertainment centers for TV's in my local Salvation Army stores that cost as much as(if not MORE than) a brand new one from Wally World. You're telling me it's 100% right for them to charge $60 for someone elses' already assembled(and wobbly) old tv stand that they got for free as a donation?

I won't even get into the DVD's/CD's/games they get in, but let's just say I could buy em way cheaper elsewhere most times.:roll:

IATCG thinks that whenever he sells something, it should be at sky high prices, but whenever he buys something he expects that everyone else will have low low prices. He thinks the term "buy low, sell high" refers to his and only his personal retail experience.

edit: this should in no way be interpreted as complimentary.

Is this not the way of the world though? Like I said, I don't really begrudge them trying to make money to support their charitable endeavours. But when they're paying their CEO hundreds of thousands of dollars and pricing their stuff worse than what it costs to buy NEW in a regular retail store, that's when I take issue with the pricing.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image