• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#331 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Yep, no manager override required.

Not for me. It was such a pain in the ass. A cool guy that works in the gaming department that knows me hooked me up initially. I asked if they had any extra steelbooks and/or posters and he said "Heck yeah" and grabbed me one of each from underneath the register counter. Then I went to pay and the steelbook wouldn't zero out. Kept showing $49.99. Of course the guy that helped me just went on a break and no one else in the fucking store knew what to do or if I was pulling a fast one. I had to leave and come back later so the same guy could verify the items came free with the game. Ugh.

#332 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Just got my $5 steelbook but they sent the XBox version. Hopefully the one that they sent today for the game preorder is the PS3 one...
FadeToOne.png

#333 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

I pretty much paid $53.96
for Prototype 2
Steelbook
Magazine
Poster
and $25.00 Digital coupon.

It's a nice haul and the game is good for some mindless violence.
Seriously, all the gaming hints made the game kind of easy but I was still entertained.
Not sure if I'll survive playing it for 7 weeks though for the Radnet Challenge though...I tried pacing myself by playing about an hour or two a day and trying to find all the extras first but I'm about a quarter way through the game so far.

#334 ZaPpA_721

ZaPpA_721

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

And if you order it online and return it in-store, you're going to get billed for it. See previous posts of mine in the thread.

I guess the register doesn't allow for the zeroed-out price for the steelbook being un-zerored-out when someone returns the game.

I preordered at a store and the steelbook item was clearly on the receipt. I returned the game, clerk look at the receipt and she gave me a full refund receipt no problem. No questions asked. Definitely YMMV.

#335 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

And if you order it online and return it in-store, you're going to get billed for it. See previous posts of mine in the thread.

I guess the register doesn't allow for the zeroed-out price for the steelbook being un-zerored-out when someone returns the game.

How do you know this? I returned the game immediately after pick-up (I pre-ordered on-line for store pickup) when it looked like they weren't going to fulfill the steelbooks and they didn't ask for the poster or indicate that my refund would be less than the full amount. The credit hasn't returned to my credit card yet, so I'm not 100% sure if there will be a deduction, but it doesn't seem like there would be given that the steelbook and poster both show as $0 on my invoice.

#336 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Kinda bummed about missing out the $25 GC ;x
Btw, which size is G1 and which size is G2?
Is it G1 = Xbox ; G2 = PS3?

#337 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Kinda bummed about missing out the $25 GC ;x
Btw, which size is G1 and which size is G2?
Is it G1 = Xbox ; G2 = PS3?

Correct. G1 is dvd size/xbox.

#338 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

How do you know this? I returned the game immediately after pick-up (I pre-ordered on-line for store pickup) when it looked like they weren't going to fulfill the steelbooks and they didn't ask for the poster or indicate that my refund would be less than the full amount. The credit hasn't returned to my credit card yet, so I'm not 100% sure if there will be a deduction, but it doesn't seem like there would be given that the steelbook and poster both show as $0 on my invoice.

Go check your BB.com order information, and I'd be surprised if you didn't see a charge for the steelbook and the poster on your order information.

As I detailed previously in the thread, I went through this when I pre-ordered Game of Thrones S1 BD and received the "free" keychain that was a pre-order bonus. I canceled the order online when it didn't price adjust and was billed $5 for the "cost" of the keychain. The $5 cost was credited back when I returned the keychain from the original order back in-store.

I asked the BB.com rep if the same thing would happen if I returned the movie in-store instead of canceling the order, and they said it would be no different. Pre-order bonus items that are zeroed-out in cost from a BB.com that have the paired pre-ordered item returned get billed out at the "cost" of the pre-order bonus item at the time of the original order.

That was my experience and from what I was told, it didn't sound like it would be different for anyone else in the same situation with the same type of order and a return. Obviously, you'll know in a couple of days if you're billed for the steelbook and the poster. It won't be a deduction from the item's cost, it'll be a separate charge for the bonus item's "cost".

#339 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

I checked both my invoice and the original order. Both items show as $0. The only thing on the order with a cost next to it is the game itself which shows $86.99 which is the price with tax. Like I said, I haven't seen the credit post to my account yet, but I can't see how they can deduct anything given that both items are showing zero. I'm happy to ship them back to Best Buy if they send me a pre-paid label, but I'm not driving back to the store that already wasted 45 minutes of my time rather than either giving me a steelbook or calling customer service to see what they should do.

Go check your BB.com order information, and I'd be surprised if you didn't see a charge for the steelbook and the poster on your order information.

As I detailed previously in the thread, I went through this when I pre-ordered Game of Thrones S1 BD and received the "free" keychain that was a pre-order bonus. I canceled the order online when it didn't price adjust and was billed $5 for the "cost" of the keychain. The $5 cost was credited back when I returned the keychain from the original order back in-store.

I asked the BB.com rep if the same thing would happen if I returned the movie in-store instead of canceling the order, and they said it would be no different. Pre-order bonus items that are zeroed-out in cost from a BB.com that have the paired pre-ordered item returned get billed out at the "cost" of the pre-order bonus item at the time of the original order.

That was my experience and from what I was told, it didn't sound like it would be different for anyone else in the same situation with the same type of order and a return. Obviously, you'll know in a couple of days if you're billed for the steelbook and the poster. It won't be a deduction from the item's cost, it'll be a separate charge for the bonus item's "cost".

#340 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

I checked both my invoice and the original order. Both items show as $0. The only thing on the order with a cost next to it is the game itself which shows $86.99 which is the price with tax. Like I said, I haven't seen the credit post to my account yet, but I can't see how they can deduct anything given that both items are showing zero. I'm happy to ship them back to Best Buy if they send me a pre-paid label, but I'm not driving back to the store that already wasted 45 minutes of my time rather than either giving me a steelbook or calling customer service to see what they should do.

Wait until the return gets posted back to your order and then you should know what will happen.

Not sure if you will or you won't, as I'm basing this on personal experience, though when you get the email "your order was returned" with the credit hitting your order, that's when the separate charge might happen.

#341 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Wait until the return gets posted back to your order and then you should know what will happen.

Not sure if you will or you won't, as I'm basing this on personal experience, though when you get the email "your order was returned" with the credit hitting your order, that's when the separate charge might happen.

Same, the only question is now whether they'll charge you the current $49.99 price or $4.99 depend on your order date for the steelbook.

#342 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

People who have received a PS3 version of the steelbook, it is G2 sized?

#343 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

Yes.

#344 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

yes

#345 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

I received the PS3 steelbook instead of the Xbox 360 steelbook. Oh well, no biggie. It still looks sweet and it was a cool $5!

#346 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

Got my steelbook today and it's for the wrong platform. Some times these deals are just to much work.

I received the PS3 steelbook instead of the Xbox 360 steelbook. Oh well, no biggie. It still looks sweet and it was a cool $5!

Contact Best Buy. I did and they said that they're passing it on to the promotions department, though it sounded like not enough people have complained yet. Looking at my order and the invoice, the order clearly states 360, and the invoice PS3, and the SKUs are identical. I'd imagine anyone expecting the 360 version of the Steelbook received the PS3 one.

#347 hellboypi

hellboypi

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

Did any online orders ship the correct SteelBook?
The SKU numbers must have been wrong at one point.

Maybe this is Best Buys way of uniting the gaming community forcing you to become friends with members of the opposite gaming platform to make a trade?

#348 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

I received my $5 steelbook today. I ordered the PS3 case, but got the 360 case instead. :(

#349 junkie88

junkie88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

Contact Best Buy. I did and they said that they're passing it on to the promotions department, though it sounded like not enough people have complained yet. Looking at my order and the invoice, the order clearly states 360, and the invoice PS3, and the SKUs are identical. I'd imagine anyone expecting the 360 version of the Steelbook received the PS3 one.

I did they gave me a reference number for the pass-on. I was supposed to get the 360 as well and got the PS3. The rep new of the problem so well see what happens.

#350 htz

htz

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:25 AM

Buying this steelbook is like a roller-coaster ride. Pre-ordered steelbook only on 3/10 for $5 online. Got cancellation notice sometime during 1st week of April. Then the steelbook actually got shipped out on April 23. Finally got the steelbook today on April 26 and it is for the wrong platform (ordered PS3 size and got 360 size).:-| At least it arrived in mint condition, and I didn't shell out $60 for an average game.

#351 DYNO

DYNO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

Anyone know if ordering a copy (blackwatch edition or standard) online now and choosing in-store pickup will apply to me getting the Steelbook as well as the Poster and Magazine?

I asked about it today and the employee told me that the Steelbooks would still be available if there are orders that are not picked up by next week.

Now while I may trust the guy's word, my gut feeling is telling me to try ordering online for pickup and see if I could get it earlier AND with the Steelbook and possibly the other goodies. What do you guys think? Unlikely to happen?

#352 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

Just checked BB.com today, and my $5 online Steelbook shipped, as well as my $5.50 copy of Darksiders from a few weeks back! I won't be too upset whichever version of the Steelbook they send me...just going to go into my collection and sit on a shelf, anyhow.

#353 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

I went ahead and bit the bullet tonight since I fully expect this to go on sale in the next 45 days (Reward Zone Silver price match period) and they still had a few steelbooks for the 360 version. The funny thing is that he gave me a steelbook and a poster to take to the register to get scanned with the game, and before she totaled it out both the steelbook and the poster rang up $49.99 each. When she totaled it the steelbook zeroed out but the poster stayed at $49.99. The guy in games was stuck with a customer and couldn't come up front and I was just like forget the poster and she took it off. Weird.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#354 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

I got my steelbook in the mail today and the back part of it was completely caved in. I'm going to have to go in store and hopefully they still have them so I can swap it out.

#355 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

I got my steelbook in the mail today and the back part of it was completely caved in. I'm going to have to go in store and hopefully they still have them so I can swap it out.

That sucks. I've only gotten my $5 ones so far (two of each; 360 and PS3) and they mailed them in a box.

Best Buy is really strange when it comes to mailing items. I've gotten preorder posters and single games in a box and then larger delicate items in oversized bubble mailers.

#356 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:49 AM

That sucks. I've only gotten my $5 ones so far (two of each; 360 and PS3) and they mailed them in a box.

Best Buy is really strange when it comes to mailing items. I've gotten preorder posters and single games in a box and then larger delicate items in oversized bubble mailers.

Yea. It didn't look like it was damaged during the shipping phase so I think they sent it like that which is pretty amazing. How can you send out a damaged item? And I just noticed they sent me a 360 steelbook when I ordered a PS3 one :roll:

#357 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

My two posters came in one bubble mailer and the other in a box that could fit 10 stacked games. I'm just assuming they ran out of bubble mailer at one point and made due with boxes and those air fillers.

#358 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

My two posters came in one bubble mailer and the other in a box that could fit 10 stacked games. I'm just assuming they ran out of bubble mailer at one point and made due with boxes and those air fillers.

Some companies are just really bad at deciding what should go in a box and what should go in a bubble mailer.

I've had more good experiences then bad with best buy but something like this where there is very limited stock worries me.

I think TRU is hands down the worst. I have gotten shipments of 10+ games in a dufflebag sized bubble mailer where many of the cases (especially 360) were cracked and the discs were lose.

Then the employess at my store look at my like I'm OCD because I want to change my broken cased games out for new ones.

#359 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:01 AM

Yea. It didn't look like it was damaged during the shipping phase so I think they sent it like that which is pretty amazing. How can you send out a damaged item? And I just noticed they sent me a 360 steelbook when I ordered a PS3 one :roll:

I think they hire minimum wage employees in the shipping department for a lot of companies. Lately, it seems like Amazon has followed suit. A lot of these workers really don't pay attention how to package the orders.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#360 htz

htz

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

I think they hire minimum wage employees in the shipping department for a lot of companies. Lately, it seems like Amazon has followed suit. A lot of these workers really don't pay attention how to package the orders.

The type of packaging chosen is done by computer, at least that is how amazon does it. The employee just goes and finds the item in the warehouse and packs it up. They can't choose a different type of packaging if they feel the computer has selected it wrong. I can't remember the reasoning behind this much but it has to do with filling up the shipping trailer as much as possible to get the best rates from UPS, FedEX, etc...