Prototype 2 Steelbook + Double-Sided Poster & DLC + Gamer's Magazine @ Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#391 orion1998_1

orion1998_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

I was super lucky with my pre order haha I got the poster, steelbook, and mag. I returned it yesterday for a full refund of 65$ and I kept all the extras free I gotta love my BB but its totally YMMV.

Be careful there, YMMV not going into all the details but Best Buy may/or may not call the police for theft on these types of things. Where pre orders contain physical items.

#392 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

can someone explain the difference between the 360 and ps3 steelbooks (same goes for other games like me3, mw3, etc)?

I was at one store this weekend that had steelbooks AND the poster. the poster is packaged and is probably better than a typical poster given out. the poster would not ring up as free when I bought the game and steelbook (zeroed out). I should have just bought the poster as well and then contacted one of the bby people.

#393 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

I was super lucky with my pre order haha I got the poster, steelbook, and mag. I returned it yesterday for a full refund of 65$ and I kept all the extras free I gotta love my BB but its totally YMMV.

the only way that should be possible is if you preordered online and all the items were there when you picked up or it was shipped and only the game shows up on receipt. Or the person doing returns didn't realize or care that 2 items were free as part of a package deal.

#394 F-Zero

F-Zero

Show me your moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

Ordered X360, got a Ps3 steel book... Called, was told I'd get call back eventually, and to try going to the store to swap for the right one. The Store said they wouldn't do it and turned me away basically. I think I'm just going to return the game and rebuy it with BB credit. Bestbuy is nice with site orders issues but the discrepancy of just doing simple swap stuff in the store is retarded.

#395 elrobo8

elrobo8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

Count me among the many who received the wrong steelbook. Ordered a PS3 one, received a 360 one.

can someone explain the difference between the 360 and ps3 steelbooks (same goes for other games like me3, mw3, etc)?

It's the size of the case. 360 steelbooks are the size of regular DVD cases, while PS3 steelbooks are the size of blu-ray cases (an inch or so shorter than DVD cases).

#396 rasengan13

rasengan13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

I got the wrong one as well. Got the 360 game and received a PS3 steelbook. :/

#397 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Count me among the many who received the wrong steelbook. Ordered a PS3 one, received a 360 one.

It's the size of the case. 360 steelbooks are the size of regular DVD cases, while PS3 steelbooks are the size of blu-ray cases (an inch or so shorter than DVD cases).

I got the wrong one as well. Got the 360 game and received a PS3 steelbook. :/

Legit question...

Did ANYONE who ordered a steelbook get what they ordered, or are ALL orders the opposite?

#398 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

I'm hazarding a guess that they were ALL opposite.

I gave Best Buy another call today and they took some notes, but said to give them a few more days.

Sigh...

Maybe we should should all pair up and do swaps.

#399 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

I got my second opposite steelbook today, but it occurred to me that they actually match the size of my PS3 steelbooks for Assassin's Creed III and Mass Effect 3, so I guess there's that silver lining.
FadeToOne.png

#400 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:20 AM

I went to BB on Saturday because I got the 360 steelbook and the CSR let me swap it out for a PS3 one. He was going to return the 360 one and sell me the PS3 but it wasn't working so he said just take it and I'll keep the one you don't want LOL.

#401 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

I'm going to try this tomorrow. All I wanted was the steelbook!

#402 orion1998_1

orion1998_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

I'm going to try this tomorrow. All I wanted was the steelbook!

see my post above

those that are calling did you order just steelbook and no game?

#403 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Those that are calling did you order just steelbook and no game?

I ordered the game.

Edited by Slermy, 02 May 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#404 darkskill

darkskill

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

I bought the PS3 version of the game yesterday. Saw the steelbooks lying around so I grabbed one. (I actually was walking around with the 360 steelbook for a while, easy to get them mixed up).

The steelbook rang up first for $49.99 so my total was $115 then I said I don't want the steelbook if it's $50. Then something pupped up on the screen that said it was free. So yeah. got one. Woohoo.

#405 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

I feel like the odd person out because my orders were correct.
I double checked...not that it would matter since I bought one of each but still.

#406 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

did a store pick up...
ordered 360 version
added 360 steel book.

got a ready confirmation...
360 version game
ps3 steel book... :drool:

gonna raise hell when i get there.:headache:

#407 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

I feel like the odd person out because my orders were correct.
I double checked...not that it would matter since I bought one of each but still.

They probably still got switched around.. but since you bought one of each, you still received one of each anyway lol.

#408 orion1998_1

orion1998_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

i called they offered me nothing :(

#409 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

Oh yeah, the best part was when I was talking to them today they said they hadn't received any other complaints.

#410 junkie88

junkie88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

I called last week when I received the wrong steelbook, they gave me a reference number and today I got an email saying they were giving me a $10 digital gift card. Everyone who called may want to check their email.

#411 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

Just got mine in the mail today. PS3 version when it should have been 360. I'm irked at it but not peeved, that "here's 25 bucks we're sorry" code they sent out earlier certainly helps relieve the frustration. I just wish it came yesterday when I was actually in the area at a store. I didn't see any cases there but they might have had some behind the counter that I could have attempted to swap. Now it's not worth the 18 bucks in gas to go back.:drool:

At least the case was mint. Probably call CS tomorrow and see what can be done.

#412 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

They probably still got switched around.. but since you bought one of each, you still received one of each anyway lol.

No, I checked.
I opened the first one (360 steelbook) and glanced at the order number (360 order) before opening my second package.

I actually got the right ones.

#413 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

Bought the game on Monday (came with free steelbook -- they had about 10 left for 360) and realized that the game would probably go down in price fairly quickly, so I returned the game and got to keep the steelbook for free!

They didn't even ask about it when I returned it...

#414 orion1998_1

orion1998_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

fwiw cs said there is no more of either one, so no way to return them for exchange

#415 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

went to the store looked around and saw they had 4 360 versions on a display by the vg department.

went to customer service - picked up order. and they did pull the ps3 version.
they called there department monkey and he said they had none left. :wall:

i told them i just saw them, and i can pull them. so i did. they fixed the issue but... online billed me $50 for it regardless.

now i have to call and fix this mess.

not cool :headache::censored:

#416 solarnoise

solarnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Haha which one of your jerks is listing these steelbooks for $40 + shipping on eBay? ridiculous...

#417 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

Bought the game on Monday (came with free steelbook -- they had about 10 left for 360) and realized that the game would probably go down in price fairly quickly, so I returned the game and got to keep the steelbook for free!

They didn't even ask about it when I returned it...

Return fraud. You might as well have pocketed the steelbook and walked right out the door instead of acting like you were gonna pay for it. Its no different.

#418 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

Are the AC III steelbooks rare? My store still has a ton...

I don't think so. My store ran out and I'd rather not give Gamestop even $5 of my money even if they have some left. I was just thinking of something that seemed fair. I'm not looking to gouge anyone.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#419 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Return fraud. You might as well have pocketed the steelbook and walked right out the door instead of acting like you were gonna pay for it. Its no different.

Sadly this is Best Buy's fault for allowing people to do this. The registers shouldn't allow you to receive a refund unless you return everything that was part of the transaction.

#420 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

at my store, they seem to have gotten a bit more then they needed, so to dump them, they have been banding the steelbook with the game... still haven't picked one up, but damn tempting