Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post) Last Drop on 3/26

• Please log in to reply
1928 replies to this topic

#811 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Stock Locator is still working on the website but obviously YMMV if you can snag it.

Hi coop!

Cool trick, I'll call some people I know tomorrow. There are two stores that I'll be driving by that show stock.

#812 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

Just picked up a ME3 CE :D

At Best Buy? Did it ring up a penny or did it say that you can't buy it?

#813 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

at best buy? Did it ring up a penny or did it say that you can't buy it?

gs

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#814 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

There's a couple of copies of the ME3 CE guide nearby. Would I jeopardize my chances by placing a hold for instore pickup?

#815 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

There's a couple of copies of the ME3 CE guide nearby. Would I jeopardize my chances by placing a hold for instore pickup?

Absolutely.

#816 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Its time to go guide hunting again :)
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#817 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Thanks jk was able to get SR3 and 2 Mario Karts putting the extra mario up for trade. Bummed that my local didnt have ME 3 le never even seen it on the floor. My guy said no worries that if the reg me3 goes penny he has 20 + copies in the back. Sweet!
Posted Image

#818 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

I almost got a nice haul.... Me ce, mario kart, mario party and ufc! Cashier rang up the guides and it pennied. Then manager came and saw the guides and told me i couldnt have them. Hes probably gonna bring it home later when no one s watching! I could see it in his smile! Sheesh!

#819 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

For the first time in ages, I actually found some penny guides. I only took one (Saint's Row 3) since the other ones didn't really catch my eye and I didn't want to push my luck. Regardless, I'm happy! First penny guide in a long time.

EDIT: What's a cheap way to ship guides? I intend to put my Saint's Row 3 guide up to trade for a Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One guide, but I don't want to break the bank on shipping.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#820 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

USPS media mail with delivery confirmation. If you do it at the PO it will roughly cost $3.50-3.75, depending on where it's being sent. You definitely want to use a bubble mailer.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#821 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

USPS media mail with delivery confirmation. If you do it at the PO it will roughly cost $3.50-3.75, depending on where it's being sent. You definitely want to use a bubble mailer.

Don't forget a piece of cardboard on at least one side. Although I've also put guides into a plastic bag from GS/BB/TRU before and reused one of the larger Amazon cardboard mailers and then put that whole mess into the bubble mailer. Either that or I put cardboard on BOTH sides after putting the guide into a reused bag from a retail chain and then taping the whole thing together.

It may add a bit to the weight, but it's better than just tossing the guide into the mailer without adding any sort of rigidity and water seepage protection to the package.

That was a lesson I learned the hard way when trading someone on CAG a buttload of guides for an old school Xbox and a bunch of extra controllers a while ago.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#822 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

Don't forget a piece of cardboard on at least one side. Although I've also put guides into a plastic bag from GS/BB/TRU before and reused one of the larger Amazon cardboard mailers and then put that whole mess into the bubble mailer. Either that or I put cardboard on BOTH sides after putting the guide into a reused bag from a retail chain and then taping the whole thing together.

It may add a bit to the weight, but it's better than just tossing the guide into the mailer without adding any sort of rigidity and water seepage protection to the package.

That was a lesson I learned the hard way when trading someone on CAG a buttload of guides for an old school Xbox and a bunch of extra controllers a while ago.

I'll keep both of these in mind, thanks guys.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#823 IndelibleSin

IndelibleSin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

Found 2 Mario Kart guides at my Gamestop but was denied. That's the second time I've denied now... I hope it doesn't continue. I also saw a stack of what I assume to be pulled guides as there was a Ninja Gaiden 3 on top of a bunch of Mass Effect 3 softcover guides. Maybe the ME3 softcover is also pennied.

#824 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Found 2 Mario Kart guides at my Gamestop but was denied. That's the second time I've denied now... I hope it doesn't continue. I also saw a stack of what I assume to be pulled guides as there was a Ninja Gaiden 3 on top of a bunch of Mass Effect 3 softcover guides. Maybe the ME3 softcover is also pennied.

NG3 yes. ME3 hardcover yes. ME3 softcover no.

#825 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

Sorry I haven't updated the OP yet. Going to do that now.

Here are the guides that dropped.

Mario Kart 7
Mario Party 9
Mass Effect 3 CE
Ninja Gaiden 3
Saints Row The Third
UFC 3
WWE 12

Updated.

#826 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Today i got

3x saints row
1x ninja gaiden 3
1x ufc 3
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#827 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

No luck with Gamestop, but I did pick up a copy of Halo 3 ODST guide from TRU today for a penny.

#828 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Blame Campbell's for giving them money back to throw out the soup.

Been wanting Mass Effect 3 CE for a while. Ordered from goHastings before, but they sent it to CA instead of PA and haven't gotten one back in stock that I've seen.

#829 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

Picked up a $5 Dark Souls guide today at Gamestop. I saw the new Pokemon guide at Gamestop and Best Buy. The CE looks awesome. I'll use my 50% strategy guide coupon that I got from Best Buy to get it.

#830 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

I had a vanilla edition of the older version Skyrim guide scanned today at BB. It came up cover price. I thought I read from lox that those were on a pull order a lil while ago?

Posted Image

#831 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

WoW Cataclysm is "pennied" at Best Buy, but of course, the SKU's been deleted.

#832 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

I'm shocked I didn't buy those all up when my local BB stores had them in stock still.

Posted Image

#833 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

i got lucky and bought one a at best buy a few months ago. unfortunately i had already used my 50% off coupon from my gamer's club welcome letter (on a skyrim guide which is now outdated). but i guess i was lucky finding the borderlands GOTY guide anyway...

#834 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

I wonder if it will be possible to ever get pennied guides from Best Buy ever again.

#835 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

I wonder if it will be possible to ever get pennied guides from Best Buy ever again.

I can live without them.

Seems kinda pointless, to me, since you can look up videos guides, GameFAQs, and guides for basically anything on a smart phone or tablet.

Posted Image

#836 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

I can live without them.

Seems kinda pointless, to me, since you can look up videos guides, GameFAQs, and guides for basically anything on a smart phone or tablet.

The only problem with that is many of those guides don't have the full color maps that some of the manufactured ones do. Not to mention if you're actually <gasp> somewhere without internet access.:shock:

Then again at that point you would have to do what we gamers back in the stone ages of gaming had to do: try to figure it out ourselves.:shock:

Posted Image

#837 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

I don't really care about using the guides. I just like collecting them.

#838 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

I don't really care about using the guides. I just like collecting them.

But the thing is, BB/GS/TRU/etc all like collecting something too. It's called money. They get credits from the publishers for the stock they eliminate by destroying. No record of the pulls or destruction or a bunch of sales of these guides for $.01 each and those credits go away.

Posted Image

#839 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

Yeah, the companies get credit. But from who? Of course, it's from the publishers. The publishers lose money. I don't have a problem with Best Buy, but I'd be more than happy with Gamestop and TRU losing money over the publishers.

#840 Dragonaxe3

Dragonaxe3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Got Darkness 2 for a penny at best buy earlier today. Actually it was just free, they deleted the sku and so she just gave it to me.