Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post) Last Drop on 3/26

• Please log in to reply
1934 replies to this topic

#841 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

Got Darkness 2 for a penny at best buy earlier today. Actually it was just free, they deleted the sku and so she just gave it to me.

Same thing happened to me but it was a Hunted: The Demon's Forge guide.

#842 CaptainPickles

CaptainPickles

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

Had a hit at a St. Louis area mall Gamestop about 3 weeks ago. Got a Deus Ex for free (rang it up but the cashier just paid the penny - nice). They did mention that "someone must have missed these," unfortunately.

Also tried a Collinsville Gamestop and got nothing. Only had a few really new guides on the floor and the ones that he told me were in the back were newer-ish as well.

#843 BanditThief

BanditThief

King Of Thieves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

I got some guides from gamestop they told me to GO HOME after giving me 3 guides free.

bastards

lol

#844 invizibleskratchpikl

invizibleskratchpikl

Standing On My Pedals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

GS Drop 10/24

Red Dead GOTY

There were other guides that pennied as well, but I forgot to check them. I'll post them after I close tomorrow if they haven't been posted by then.

#845 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

GS Drop 10/24

Red Dead GOTY

There were other guides that pennied as well, but I forgot to check them. I'll post them after I close tomorrow if they haven't been posted by then.

One of my gamestops has three of those, sweet ! Post the others asap
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#846 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

GS Drop 10/24

Red Dead GOTY

I've wanted that for a while now.

#847 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

GS Drop 10/24

Red Dead GOTY

Thanks man, I look forward to tomorrow's post. I know a GS that definitely has 1 in stock. We'll see if it's there tomorrow.

Edited by SonictheHedgehog1337, 26 October 2012 - 05:40 AM.

#848 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Was able to get 3 RDR GOTY and 2 Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 guides
Posted Image

#849 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Is RDR GOTY hardcover?

#850 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Is RDR GOTY hardcover?

Yes.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#851 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

I checked on their Web site and the gears 3 regular edition and soul calibur 5 guides arent in the system anymore so I assume that they were pennied. Ill confirm in an hour or so
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#852 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

The guides that were $5 still are here in ny stf

COD MW3
GOW 3
SC V HC
DS HC

On all the print outs they are still sale price . They haven't been pennied out yet
Posted Image

#853 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

what is DS HC??
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#854 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Dark souls hardcover
Posted Image

#855 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

haha, duh! totally drew a blank and I picked it up with the SC V HC, one of those days..wish some more guides would go to $5, those are the new penny guides for me!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#856 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

New drop 10/25/12

Gears of war 3 regular edition

I picked up two of these. now to get those rdr goty guides :). Oh amd I scanned soul calibur and mw3 and they are still 5$

Edited by strait edge follower, 25 October 2012 - 07:04 PM.

Currently playing

690739.png

#857 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

New drop 12/25/12

Gears of war 3 regular edition

I picked up two of these. now to get those rdr goty guides :). Oh amd I scanned soul calibur and mw3 and they are still 5$

Um...the drop is going to happen on Christmas Day? That is some crazy intel you have. :lol: I am guessing you mean 10/25/12

#858 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

I saw white knight chronicles 2 guide for a penny.

#859 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

I saw white knight chronicles 2 guide for a penny.

I just went back and got two of these. Thank God that a Gamestop is a really short distance from my home :)

Edited by strait edge follower, 25 October 2012 - 08:06 PM.

Currently playing

690739.png

#860 invizibleskratchpikl

invizibleskratchpikl

Standing On My Pedals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Gears 3 were the other drops from yesterday.

#861 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

Quick question one of my locals that had gow 3 reg ed were still showing at 4.99 while I did get 2 of the other pennied out guides there. Is it system wide the markdown? Or was it just a simple goof ?They had like 10 copies just curious. Apologies to Sef.
Posted Image

#862 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

Is anyone going to be placing any of their guides on their trade list? I just ask because the trade thread exists but it has lost some momentum. And as guy who has an extra COD MW3 guide I am hopeful that a RDR GOTY makes its way over there. :)

#863 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

It seems to me that guide trading here is essentially dead. All of these people post about getting multiples of guides yet the trade thread rarely gets any updates. I don't really fault people for getting these guides for flipping but don't post here about getting them if you're not going to make them available for trade to people here.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-Strike Back: Vengeance
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#864 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

It seems to me that guide trading here is essentially dead. All of these people post about getting multiples of guides yet the trade thread rarely gets any updates. I don't really fault people for getting these guides for flipping but don't post here about getting them if you're not going to make them available for trade to people here.

I try awhile back to help other CAG out, but i still have many old guides (new) that no one wants.

#865 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

Do you have a current trade list?

35bb9lx.gif

#866 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

The reason for my lack of updates is that penny guides are usually dead for me.

Best Buy now removes SKUs, and the employees tend to refuse to sell because of that.

Gamestops in my area are typically very diligent about pulling guides and refusing to sell them. (Plus, I'm working now so I can't go crazy on Wednesday mornings to try to beat the pulls.)

#867 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

I picked up a Spiderman guide but my area has no rdr guides. If anyone has a red dead guide pm me. I only have a handfull of guides left to trade though as I did a guide blowout sale on craigslist lol

Oh and the Gamestop employee told me that his manager said that Gamestop is going to go the digital route for their guides (prob by next year in my mind). Could this be the end of penny guides pretty soon ?
Currently playing

690739.png

#868 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Going through guide collection, so will be making an updates to my list shortly.

Agree with what you've said about people bragging about multiple pickups. I've tried asking some of them if they would consider trading, but got no responses.

#869 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

Haven't gotten a penny guide since BB cracked down. When I moved a few months ago, I trashed a good lot of older guides just to not have to move them. The others are stacked in the garage now...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#870 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Just because you do not get a responce towards your guide inquiry doesn't equate bragging.

No one said it did. The bragging comes in when someone posts "I got 3 Gears of War 3 CE guides today" in this thread. If they're not going to post some of those guides on a TL then that post is essentially useless, particularly when they're talking about the quantity they got.

To address the rest of your post, the point that has been brought up about brag posting really has nothing to do about trade offers and the quality thereof (which I happen to agree with most of what you said). Pooky wasn't talking about people not wanting to trade but about people not responding to a request for a trade, even just to decline. If someone takes a few moments to send you a PM asking about a trade it's no problem at all to be a polite human being and take a minute to respond even if you're not interested.

Keeping guides for personal enjoyment is perfectly fine. That's the whole point of getting them in the first place. If someone gets 2 or more copies of a guide, though, there is no reason to post about it unless they are being made available for trading.

35bb9lx.gif