Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post) Last Drop on 3/26

• Please log in to reply
1930 replies to this topic

#991 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

yeah found a game of thrones and amalur, rang up as a penny, then he said he couldnt sell them to me. oh well, i got big skyrim expanded guide and it went down $5 off, then 11 off, then 1 off so 27 down to 10 thats good for me. max payne 3 guide was gone tho. also got resident evil 6 guide for 4.50.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#992 Mistar Muffin

Mistar Muffin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Wiki has been updated with the latest drops.

#993 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Got a resident evil archives for a penny. Left a huge stack of raccoon city, lol.

#994 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

i was unable to get a copy of the KoA guide. if anyoen happened to grab an extra... :) pm me

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#995 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

They had already gotten rid of Amular and RE:Archieves which was a bummer, I just hope the kid that did it at least had the foresight to take them. I did, however, snag RE:6, FFXIII-2 CE, BL2 CE, Dragon's Dogma, and MW3 for less than 40, so that was okay with me.

#996 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Went 1/2 today.

At the first store I found a GOW 3 LE, DQM: Joker 2, Syndicate and Darkness II. Took the guides up to the register and the cashier was like this is your lucky day. Then he said let me check with my manager first before I sell you these. When he said that I knew I would be leaving without anything and sure enough, he came back out and said he couldn't sell them to me.

At the second store, I managed to grab Fallout: New Vegas and Game of Thrones without any hassle.

Neither store had any of the new drops on the rack.

#997 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

Went 1/2 today.

At the first store I found a GOW 3 LE, DQM: Joker 2, Syndicate and Darkness II. Took the guides up to the register and the cashier was like this is your lucky day. Then he said let me check with my manager first before I sell you these. When he said that I knew I would be leaving without anything and sure enough, he came back out and said he couldn't sell them to me.

At the second store, I managed to grab Fallout: New Vegas and Game of Thrones without any hassle.

Neither store had any of the new drops on the rack.

Some still have the FO: NV guide? I wanna check for that one.

#998 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Wiki has been updated with the latest drops.

Thanks! I alphabetized them and added them to the master list!

Some still have the FO: NV guide? I wanna check for that one.

It's all luck based. I found an Iron Man 2 guide a few months ago at Best Buy. You never know what you'll find.

#999 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Went to pick up my guide and was sitting in line. Then i noticed the guide just sitting on top of a Ninja Gaiden III CE (on top of a pile of stuff on the floor). So I picked them both up. Didn't intend on NG but also didn't know it was only $40.
Told the dude I was there to pick up my guide and he walks over to where I grabbed my guide from and looked confused. I told him I grabbed what was in my hands from there and he was like "Oh, yea that was yours". Nevermind that it was confirmed last night....

So now I'm thinking maybe I bought someone else's NGIII CE? Oh well. :-$

#1000 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Are the NG3 CE getting that rare?
I saw like 5 at some of the game stops I visited today.

Was waiting for $20 but... Perhaps I'll move sooner.

#1001 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Bumped so people can see this thread still exists.

Also, congrats everyone on reaching 1000 posts.

#1002 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Does anyone know a way to check inventory for KoA:R on GS's site? It seems to have been removed but I'm wondering if there's a workaround.

Edited by neocisco, 06 January 2013 - 04:04 AM.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#1003 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Bizarre day with penny guides for me. I was in an area that I'm not normally in and went into a Best Buy. Grabbed a Rage and Disney Universe guide and took it to the cashier. She tried to scan them and the message " Item Not Available For Sale" popped up. The last time I tried to grab a guide at Best Buy where the sku had been deleted, it said "Unable to Add Item." So the cashier told the manager and he said that he couldn't sell it and had to return it to. The new message makes it a bit more difficult to get lucky with a guide at BB now IMO.

So I stop by a GameStop across the street to see if they have anything. I grab (9) guides that are confirmed a penny on the rack and in this box next to the register that I was told I could look at. The CSR rings up the first guide and it comes up a penny. She looks at the girl at the other register asking is that right and the other girl tells her it is and that "she has to sell it to me." Ended up leaving with my best haul ever and might consider making the drive out to that store more often.

#1004 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Found Fallout: NV, and Kid Icarus today at a GameStop. The very pregnant lady (at least, I hope) working told me that they had already been accounted for and "trashed", so she just gave them to me, because if they were to sell them it would actually minus stock from the zero amount they already had. So yeah, productive day.

Also, I hope I don't get people excited with this Wednesday post.

#1005 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Gah! You tease! Thought there would be another drop! Will admit im buying more guides with the 50% + 10% when buying a game. It doesnt come close to penny guides but it is close enough :)
Posted Image

#1006 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Found Fallout: NV, and Kid Icarus today at a GameStop. The very pregnant lady (at least, I hope) working told me that they had already been accounted for and "trashed", so she just gave them to me, because if they were to sell them it would actually minus stock from the zero amount they already had. So yeah, productive day.

Also, I hope I don't get people excited with this Wednesday post.

You knew what you were doing... ;)

Gah! You tease! Thought there would be another drop! Will admit im buying more guides with the 50% + 10% when buying a game. It doesnt come close to penny guides but it is close enough :)

No drops today that I was informed of, already checked with a source earlier. I doubted there would be with a guide sale going on anyway.

#1007 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

Scanned the guides at TRU the other day and noticed the only penny guide they had on the shelves was the Bakugan: Battle Brawler one.

#1008 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

So if I find a penny guide at GS and they refuse to sell junked out guides can I just take it and walk out with it, like it was those ad flyers ...?

#1009 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Yes, that's exactly what you can do.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#1010 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

So if I find a penny guide at GS and they refuse to sell junked out guides can I just take it and walk out with it, like it was those ad flyers ...?

You can do that with any item they sell, not just penny guides. Where have you been?!?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#1011 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

feed me more penny drops !!!!!! lol
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1012 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

Scanned the guides at TRU the other day and noticed the only penny guide they had on the shelves was the Bakugan: Battle Brawler one.

I bought that for a penny a while back. I consider it packing material for a penny if I'm ever short on newspaper. lol

#1013 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

feed me more penny drops !!!!!! lol

We need a penny guide app! Scan the barcode and instantly know if it's a penny or not!

#1014 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Got lucky last night picking up a reserved guide. Had the guy print out a list and saw some penny guides. Asked if i could get them, and he let me. Nothing I really wanted, but got the Pokemon one that'll cover my buying the Borderlands 2 LE.

Picked up something at GS today, and scored a FF : Xiii-2 CE for $6.50....had a label for the normal guide on it and employee said it was my lucky day.

#1015 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Does Best Buy not drop guides to 1 cent anymore? Seems like forever.

Lucked out after the umpeenth time at my local Gamestops. They just refuse to sell them anymore. They just confiscate them and say they arent allowed to...that is to say probably keep them for themselves.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#1016 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

They do - but its a crapshoot since registers won't sell them anymore. Come up out of the system.

#1017 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Does Best Buy not drop guides to 1 cent anymore? Seems like forever.

Lucked out after the umpeenth time at my local Gamestops. They just refuse to sell them anymore. They just confiscate them and say they arent allowed to...that is to say probably keep them for themselves.

One of the GS I've gotten guides from they do that, I rarely get lucky there.

#1018 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

Got lucky last night picking up a reserved guide. Had the guy print out a list and saw some penny guides. Asked if i could get them, and he let me. Nothing I really wanted, but got the Pokemon one that'll cover my buying the Borderlands 2 LE.

Picked up something at GS today, and scored a FF : Xiii-2 CE for $6.50....had a label for the normal guide on it and employee said it was my lucky day.

Yeah the 1/2 off sale is extended through this week, so you can grab that or the other FFXIII guide for 1/2 of 14.99 plus your 10% Edge discount. Now the ROCKIN deal would be to find the Dark Souls guide for $4.99 plus the sale and discount. :D
"I renounce Verdukianism!"

#1019 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Yeah the 1/2 off sale is extended through this week, so you can grab that or the other FFXIII guide for 1/2 of 14.99 plus your 10% Edge discount. Now the ROCKIN deal would be to find the Dark Souls guide for $4.99 plus the sale and discount. :D

No no no, the lucky day comment was because it should have been tagged at $24.99 instead of $14.99 so i saved the $5 ;)
I have 2 Dark Souls being sent to my local store from a not local store, so hoping they show up soon.

#1020 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

No no no, the lucky day comment was because it should have been tagged at $24.99 instead of $14.99 so i saved the $5 ;)
I have 2 Dark Souls being sent to my local store from a not local store, so hoping they show up soon.

I don't know why the clerk told you that, because 14.99 is the standard price (marked down from 24.99) for the FF XIII and XIII-2 guides. Anyway congrats on finding some Dark Souls guides.
"I renounce Verdukianism!"