Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post) Last Drop on 3/26

• Please log in to reply
1967 replies to this topic

#1081 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Wow. I got ME3 guide when they had the 50% off all guides. WTF!!!

yea i was shocked lol. i walked into the gamestop today to mop up more penny guides from yesturdays drops and he just handed those guides that dropped today and said ”here are some new drops”. wonder if even more are gona happen this week

Edited by strait edge follower, 31 January 2013 - 11:05 PM.

Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#1082 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

yea i was shocked lol. i walked into the gamestop today to mop up more penny guides from yesturdays drops and he just handed those guides that dropped today and said ”here are some new drops”. wonder if even more are gona happen this week

Do you know that guy really well? He just gives them to you when you come in? Wow.

#1083 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Do you know that guy really well? He just gives them to you when you come in? Wow.

i know a few of em at differint gamestops ;)
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#1084 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

Scratch that SH Downpour request :)

Took one of the kids to karate and said want to stop at GS ( of course he did ! )
Sure enough my galpal was there and had some guides on the side for us

SH DP
DOA 5
NSMB 2 X 2
ZOMBIE U
Sleeping Dogs
Skyrim x 2
WWE 13 x 2

Damn that elusive Lego Batman 2 ! Was thrilled!
Posted Image

#1085 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

It looks like BB did a pull. I went in today and they had organized the guides and probably at least a third of them were gone.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-House, M.D. season 7
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#1086 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Darksiders II guide pennied at GameStop.

Funny that I found out while returning it. CSR did the return then just gave it to me because it took a bit to do the return since the guide was pennied.

#1087 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

Darksiders II guide pennied at GameStop.

Funny that I found out while returning it. CSR did the return then just gave it to me because it took a bit to do the return since the guide was pennied.

INTERESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for those who can't get free guides, could this be a workaround

Buy a guide that might be pennied soon, and as soon as it is pennied do a return and possibly get your money back and keep it for free

#1088 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

gotta go back for darksiders. i cant count how many guides ive brought over the last 48 hours smh
Currently playing

690739.png

#1089 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

Doggy says:

"did someone say penny guides at gamestop??"

Posted Image

#1090 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

That's it?

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1091 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

To add an addendum to my post yesterday regarding missing the guide drop, I did miss it at my local store. I'm out of town today and visited some other gamestops and some old friends were glad to take care of me. I only asked for one of each though there were plenty. I missed out on anything not scene in the above photo, still trying to figure out what I missed besides Skyrim and PS All Stars, the two I wanted most.

#1092 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

That's it?

Hmm... me?

#1093 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

Hmm... me?

Just everyone in general. Our store had about 40 that got pennied out.

I even found some Dragon Age 2 guides that were pennied out months ago and never thrown out.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1094 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Just everyone in general. Our store had about 40 that got pennied out.

I even found some Dragon Age 2 guides that were pennied out months ago and never thrown out.

What did you take for yourself? I only take one of each, only dupes if a friend wants one specifically. If they want/need one and there's only one available, it's theirs.

#1095 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

OP is updated. I really didn't want to go back out yesterday, even knowing that I would get them. I guess I am just lazy. I might run by today and see if they haven't pulled them.

#1096 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Doggy says:

"did someone say penny guides at gamestop??"

Posted Image

You can have the guides, I want your dog!!! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

#1097 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

You can have the guides, I want your dog!!! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

you know that just sounds a little creepy:roll:

#1098 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Well, I've been blacklisted from a Gamestop. A few days ago I went in and bought up a few pennied guides. The cashier was adamant about not selling them. So I called corporate and spoke to someone who approved my purchasing them. Today when I went, the same guy was there and would hear nothing of it. He treated me with absolute contempt. Made my stomach turn. I won't be going back.

#1099 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Well, I've been blacklisted from a Gamestop. A few days ago I went in and bought up a few pennied guides. The cashier was adamant about not selling them. So I called corporate and spoke to someone who approved my purchasing them. Today when I went, the same guy was there and would hear nothing of it. He treated me with absolute contempt. Made my stomach turn. I won't be going back.

You're not going to get much sympathy around here with a story like that. Calling corporate is how the deal gets killed for everyone.
Posted Image

#1100 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

#-o

The first rule about penny guides is that you don't talk about penny guides.

The store has no right to sell them to you and calling corporate just screwed anyone who might have gotten them at that store because they were friendly with a store rep. Now that you called, that store was eyeballed by the DM/RM and the store manger probably was read the riot act about selling/giving away penny items.

All you did is screw yourself and everyone else around you. Good job.

#1101 ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Once in a while when there is a guide I'd like to pickup I just go by my local gamestop and ask if a single copy is available. The manager at my local gamestop is pretty awesome. He knows that I know about penny guides and he says he isn't suppose to sell them, then he asks me if I could help him out by throwing one away ;)

#1102 Fukurou

Fukurou

I see. That was my mistake. Well I won't be calling corporate about this ever again. The person I talked to on the phone knew nothing at all about pennied guides, and I'm sure she already forgot about me and this incident.

#1103 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

http://www.cheapassg...pictureid=29362

Had to do a surprise office review visit out of state. Asked around the office if there was a gamestop nearby. Sure enough it was like a remote cabin in the woods. Long story short . I chatted up the manager during my lunch break and she let me grab these from the back. I love gamestop managers who are flirty and could care less about pennied items. Dadly no LB 2 or DS II. They too had 20-25 copies of H4 AC III and COD BO II HC. How many copies did GS order?
Posted Image

#1104 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

:-({|=:-({|=:-({|=

#-o

The first rule about penny guides is that you don't talk about penny guides.

The store has no right to sell them to you and calling corporate just screwed anyone who might have gotten them at that store because they were friendly with a store rep. Now that you called, that store was eyeballed by the DM/RM and the store manger probably was read the riot act about selling/giving away penny items.

All you did is screw yourself and everyone else around you. Good job.

:applause:

What he said !!
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#1105 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

http://www.cheapassg...pictureid=29362

Had to do a surprise office review visit out of state. Asked around the office if there was a gamestop nearby. Sure enough it was like a remote cabin in the woods. Long story short . I chatted up the manager during my lunch break and she let me grab these from the back. I love gamestop managers who are flirty and could care less about pennied items. Dadly no LB 2 or DS II. They too had 20-25 copies of H4 AC III and COD BO II HC. How many copies did GS order?

Nice find on those UMvC3 guides.

#1106 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Cheapest, that you?

#1107 Me4Tull

Me4Tull

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

What area are you in?

#1108 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Cheapest, that you?

Talking to me? Of course I'm not Cheapest. Do I really come off as being like him?

Now that I think about it, it was Cheapest that was blamed for the stop of pennied guides in Best Buy. I know now that calling Gamestop wasn't a smart thing to do, but I don't think talking to some random grunt on the phone will have a serious impact. Still, I won't try it again. Better I miss out on 90% of the pennied guides rather than having everyone miss out on 100% of the pennied guides.

#1109 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Cheapest, that you?

Talking to me? Of course I'm not Cheapest. Do I really come off as being like him?

Now that I think about it, it was Cheapest that was blamed for the stop of pennied guides in Best Buy. I know now that calling Gamestop wasn't a smart thing to do, but I don't think talking to some random grunt on the phone will have a serious impact. Still, I won't try it again. Better I miss out on 90% of the pennied guides rather than having everyone miss out on 100% of the pennied guides.

I thought you may have been IATCG, but after that post, I realize otherwise.

#1110 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

I thought you may have been IATCG,

Another one? That's not nice, Cheapest was a real pain.

but after that post, I realize otherwise.

That's... a little better? Well, as long as people don't think I'm him.