Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post) Last Drop on 3/26

• Please log in to reply
1925 replies to this topic

#1111 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

Nah, you're fine. You actually realized your mistake and owned up to it, unlike IATCG.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#1112 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

iatcg was one of my main bros on here lol. as for guides the darksiders 2 guides that my gamestops had were sold during the 50% off guide sale. oh well
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1113 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

Checked the new list from my haul, I'm missing:

Silent hill
Darksiders 2
Pokemon
Skyrim
PS all stars
Lego batman
Zelda skyward sword

#1114 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

Just got back from BestBuy and they had a few of the collectors Ed. Guides bundled with games. There was a sign buy a game get guide for free. My bestbuy has been doing this with all guides that have deleted skus. I saw RE 6 and Mass effect 3 Final Fantasy Uncharted 3 collectors Ed. Guides. I don't know if all the those guides have deleted skus. No one around to check price.

That would be so cool if that became the norm.

And to the person asking before about Skyrim, it is the vanilla guide that was pennied as the revised one is still online and in-store, but GS is no longer buying it (de-listed in their system) so whatever is in the chain now is all there will be.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1115 Teeboner

Teeboner

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Thanks to this thread, I got my first ever penny guides. :)

1 x NintendoLand
1 x PS AllStars
1 x NSMB2
1 x SWTOR
1 x Witcher 2
1 x Tekken Tag Tourn
1 x Darksiders 2
1 x Batman 2 DC
1 x Mass Effect 3
1 x Ghost Recon
1 x MOH Warfighter
2 x FF 13-2 Collectors

Didn't see anyone else in this thread pick up FF13-2 Collectors. Did I get lucky?

#1116 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

wait ff 13-2 and the witcher 2 dropped ? !!! those must have just happened today
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1117 Teeboner

Teeboner

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

wait ff 13-2 and the witcher 2 dropped ? !!! those must have just happened today

I don't really buy guides and first time getting penny guides, so don't know what they were selling at 'earlier'. But they both jumped out at me since I didn't see either of them on the OP's list. Grabbed those suckas quick.

Don't see SWTOR on the OP's list either.

#1118 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

Picked up Tekken today from Gamestop. The man just let me have it.

Edited by Fukurou, 03 February 2013 - 04:47 AM.

#1119 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

I'm seeing a lot of posts of penny guides from GameStop. Does Toys r us have a time when they penny out guides or you just have to go out there price scan them your self to find out? Just curious cuz I've seen post made by peopl that know what guides are being pennied at GameStop.
Thanks

#1120 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

Had an amazing haul at (2) GameStops today but more importantly I may have found out that Best Buy penny guides might be back.

I went to a store that I had never visited before and I remember someone had mentioned that it appeared as if there store did a pull. So I came across the Witcher 2 Guide and thought to check it as it was the oldest one I saw. Sure enough it rang up a penny. And that's where the good news stops for me.

The CSR tells me that's amazing and if there are anymore to grab them. I run back to the guides and grab the other Witcher 2 guide. She rings both up and as I'm about to pay, she says that she should probably check with her manager. Manager is a complete *!@#hole and tells me that he can't sell them to me or they will get fined. He goes on to say that it's obviously a mistake because Best Buy wouldn't sell anything for a penny. I tell him I've bought guides from other stores and online for a penny in which he responds that I probably got a lot of people fired. So I say well how about if you just let me have them. He tells me he can't do that and they have to be sent back. I relented as I could tell he wasn't going to let me have them. First time that I ever got denied at a Best Buy.

In any event, hope the penny guides are back because I know my local stores won't have a problem selling them to me for a penny.

#1121 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Had an amazing haul at (2) GameStops today but more importantly I may have found out that Best Buy penny guides might be back.

I went to a store that I had never visited before and I remember someone had mentioned that it appeared as if there store did a pull. So I came across the Witcher 2 Guide and thought to check it as it was the oldest one I saw. Sure enough it rang up a penny. And that's where the good news stops for me.

The CSR tells me that's amazing and if there are anymore to grab them. I run back to the guides and grab the other Witcher 2 guide. She rings both up and as I'm about to pay, she says that she should probably check with her manager. Manager is a complete *!@#hole and tells me that he can't sell them to me or they will get fined. He goes on to say that it's obviously a mistake because Best Buy wouldn't sell anything for a penny. I tell him I've bought guides from other stores and online for a penny in which he responds that I probably got a lot of people fired. So I say well how about if you just let me have them. He tells me he can't do that and they have to be sent back. I relented as I could tell he wasn't going to let me have them. First time that I ever got denied at a Best Buy.

In any event, hope the penny guides are back because I know my local stores won't have a problem selling them to me for a penny.

Should've just taken the one guide....

#1122 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

So lame. I finally found a place that had the Zelda Skyward Sword guide, but the employee said I have to renew my powerup membership for another year if I wanted that guide for free. Hell nah. I just renewed it a month ago.
Lakers for Life!

#1123 Sauza12

Sauza12

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

I went to a Gamestop today to see what they had and almost every guide that was mentioned in this thread was there. The guys working there get enough grief shoved their way so I figured I'd ask him if they were allowed to sell them. He said his DM is pretty strict about not letting them sell them, so he couldn't.

Sucks, but what are you gonna do. I'd rather walk away without buying any than stress the guy out over something that he doesn't have any control over.
My collection
http://www.rfgenerat...lder=Collection
is totally awesome

#1124 JordanPlayer

JordanPlayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

I remember one time at a BB I had a pretty big haul which I put in a cart. At the register they ended up calling a manager over and I was denied. However, I asked if I could just take one since I already did a lot of their work pulling the guides and he let me pick :lol:

#1125 TheWooz

TheWooz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Best buy drops were usually the 1st or 2nd Monday of the Month. Also there was a post on Slick deals with people getting guides online for a penny last week,I remember seeing.I always did better at best buy than Gamestop. Might have to stop in tommorrow and see.

#1126 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Best buy drops were usually the 1st or 2nd Monday of the Month. Also there was a post on Slick deals with people getting guides online for a penny last week,I remember seeing.I always did better at best buy than Gamestop. Might have to stop in tommorrow and see.

The scum at SD killed the guides in under 3 minutes. I was here right when the deal was posted, in under a minute. By the time I hit checkout shipping option was gone.

#1127 SlimShadyAftermath

SlimShadyAftermath

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

At Best buy all had a .01 sign. passed on XCOM, grabbed Mario kart 7and Super mario land 3d, noticed a sign for Kid icarus uprising but there were none. This was today, hope this helps someone

#1128 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

At Best buy all had a .01 sign. passed on XCOM, grabbed Mario kart 7and Super mario land 3d, noticed a sign for Kid icarus uprising but there were none. This was today, hope this helps someone

Did they ring you up at the cashier?or did they just had you the guide? Hopefully they haven't pulled those guides at my store. Looking at these Tom

#1129 TheWooz

TheWooz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

Sounds like we need to do some guide scanning at Best Buy.

#1130 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

Sounds like we need to do some guide scanning at Best Buy.

Pointless. Stores were instructed to pull by Tuesday this past week. Both of my stores guide racks look like a barren wasteland now.

#1131 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Guides being stickered for a penny is certainly a good sign (meaning they actually scan for a penny if they weren't pulled). Does anyone have a complete list?

#1132 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

ill check my bestbuys on my way to work. i have no expectations for this working but i have nothing to loose i guess
Currently playing

#1133 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Guides being stickered for a penny is certainly a good sign (meaning they actually scan for a penny if they weren't pulled). Does anyone have a complete list?

Yeah that would be nice if the guides are scanning for a penny again. It's too bad it looks like they were already removed from the bestbuy.com

#1134 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

I doubt that's the case. A few months ago, I saw a $.01 tag for Dragon Age II, and it was removed from the system. First and last time thus far that I've seen a $.01 tag.

#1135 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Huge drop at BB but sadly all the sku's have neen deleted. Had an xcom and mario scanned no go. :(
Posted Image

#1136 outcast529

outcast529

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

I found a Mario Kart 7 guide @ Best Buy and confirm what others have been saying about the SKUs being deleted from their system. After about 5 minutes the manager was cool enough to let me have it.

#1137 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

My dad was able to get me a Lego Batman 2 guide at a GS out of state...I guess he bought himself another week out of the home. :lol:

#1138 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Just picked up a Resident Evil Archives II at GS. Loved it when she said after checking me out "I bet you didn't expect that."

#1139 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Two Gamestops. One that had ZombiU and PSASBR and one that had NSMB2. I got none of them.

#1140 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

Just picked up a Resident Evil Archives II at GS. Loved it when she said after checking me out "I bet you didn't expect that."

And you said, "Actually, I did. Why don't YOU give me something I *didn't* expect?" She did check you out.

I kid. Their nose rings always ruin it.