Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post) Last Drop on 3/26

• Please log in to reply
1925 replies to this topic

#1141 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

I found two Super Mario Galaxy 2 guides at Toys r us that were a penny today.

#1142 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Huge drop at BB but sadly all the sku's have neen deleted. Had an xcom and mario scanned no go. :(

Anybody know the remainder of the guides that were included in the drop.

#1143 punkrok0007

punkrok0007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

woot woot. I was able to get two guides (zelda and darksiders 2). i played dumb when they rung me up (wow no way a penny) and preordered a game that i would cancel later down the road. Saw some more that were a penny. Going back tomorrow!

#1144 troy2007

troy2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

went to Best Buy in DeKalb, IL yest. They had "Fable The Journey" and "Tekken" stickered at 1 cent. I also found Mario Kart 7 (left 2) and the last "Kid Icarus" (sp?).

The manager and clerk didn't know what to do, but he was going to give me the ones marked as a penny, then did a price check on the others, verified 1 cent as the price, then said he couldn't sell them but I could just take them.

Not as quick and easy as it used to be but it was nice to get some BB penny guides again.

#1145 ralph10

ralph10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

If you can get them to sell it to you, Mass Effect 3 guide is also a penny at BB.

#1146 DuffHomer

DuffHomer

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

bumppppppp

#1147 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

Well, that was useful. :roll:

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#1148 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

They gave me a Mario Kart 7 guide at Best Buy today. Out of the system.

#1149 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE is out of the system at Best Buy. My local store just gave it to me. I wish they had the other guides mentioned as I'm sure I would have got them also.

#1150 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE is out of the system at Best Buy. My local store just gave it to me. I wish they had the other guides mentioned as I'm sure I would have got them also.

I'll probably go check my bestbuy. I saw 5 of the Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE today. See if I can get one. Thanks for heads up.

#1151 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

I went to BB yesterday and got a couple games that were on sale. I wanted the Final Fantasy XIII-2 guide and Mass Effect 3. FFXIII-2 rung up $15 but ME3 wouldn't ring up and the clerk wouldn't sale it to me. :(

#1152 IndelibleSin

IndelibleSin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

FF13-2 CE could not be scanned at my Best Buy, so I walked out with nothing...

#1153 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

I wish Walmart and Target did pennied guides. There's a lot of good guides there and plenty of cashiers that wouldn't know the policy.

#1154 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

So wait darksiders 2 guide is ringing up a penny at best buy? I saw one there when I picked my darksiders 2 game up Friday.

#1155 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

So wait darksiders 2 guide is ringing up a penny at best buy? I saw one there when I picked my darksiders 2 game up Friday.

No. Not as of a few days ago.

#1156 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

woot woot. I was able to get two guides (zelda and darksiders 2). i played dumb when they rung me up (wow no way a penny) and preordered a game that i would cancel later down the road. Saw some more that were a penny. Going back tomorrow!

Where did this guy go then?

#1157 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

Where did this guy go then?

GameStop

#1158 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

I found a FFXIII-2 CE guide at BB. It rang up not for sale, but the MOD pulled a SKU out of her a** and it rang up for $12.XX I got 15% off due to the game I bought, but I'll be returning it.

#1159 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

yah same thing happened here papa. manager came over typed in a special sku it didnt work. so he tells me well the regular guide is 14.99 so we can sell you it for that. i just white lied and said that i found it on the guide sale table they had(they had certain guides for 50% off). so not complaining i got the guide for 7 and change.

#1160 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

Grabbed a Homefront guide for a penny today at TRU.

#1161 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

First ever Penny guide. Mass Effect 3 at BBY. They brought over 4 guys to try to figure out how to ring it up until one guy finally knwe what was going on. He just said "its your lucky day".
Thanks for everyone who posts in the thread.
They also had Uncharted 3. I looked at the OP and didn't see it.On my phone so maybe I missed it. Anyone know if it has hit a penny yet?

#1162 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

First ever Penny guide. Mass Effect 3 at BBY. They brought over 4 guys to try to figure out how to ring it up until one guy finally knwe what was going on. He just said "its your lucky day".
Thanks for everyone who posts in the thread.
They also had Uncharted 3. I looked at the OP and didn't see it.On my phone so maybe I missed it. Anyone know if it has hit a penny yet?

Same exact thing happened to me with the ME 3 guide yesterday, down to the "it's your lucky day". Hah.

#1163 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Same exact thing happened to me with the ME 3 guide yesterday, down to the "it's your lucky day". Hah.

Cool that its my fav game ever. Almost bought it at release. Glad I waited.

#1164 Visc

Visc

That Weird Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

arrgh -my local BB had 5 FF13-2 CEs sitting on the shelf, and I got denied on the one I brought up. They told me to pay $20 and that the scan was "a glitch" - I said no, and then I saw them proceed to pull them all off the shelf. I was severely frustrated.

At least I didn't pull an IATCG and whine to corporate about it though. I'm hitting up my favorite BB tomorrow too, since they never pull there and I have substantially better luck at it.

#1165 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

I found Super Mario Land 3D and Mario Kart 7 at a BB today. Sup had no problem letting me have them. Afterwards I was chatting with another employee and noticed he was pulling guides, I didn't know others were pennied at BB. The rep pulled one Battlefield CE, one battlefield standard, two sleeping dogs, three transformers fall of cybertron. I took just the battlefield CE for myself as I had the others, a friend with me took one of transformers and sleeping dogs, we left the rest.

#1166 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

I found Super Mario Land 3D and Mario Kart 7 at a BB today. Sup had no problem letting me have them. Afterwards I was chatting with another employee and noticed he was pulling guides, I didn't know others were pennied at BB. The rep pulled one Battlefield CE, one battlefield standard, two sleeping dogs, three transformers fall of cybertron. I took just the battlefield CE for myself as I had the others, a friend with me took one of transformers and sleeping dogs, we left the rest.

That's cool that they just gave them to you. At my best buy if u want a guide that pennied out u have to by the game that goes with that game. When I want one of the CE I just by a used game of it and I get the guide for free.

#1167 TheLounge

TheLounge

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Figures my phone was dead when I went to BB the other day, so I couldn't visit this thread :/ I was staring right at the ME3 guide going I wonder when this old thing will get reduced (while it had full price listed under it from all the new lazy employees.)

Might have to go back today to check, and keep my fingers crossed :'/
:booty: Working on the last few trophies on JustCause2 plat :booty:

Looking for: GCs to BB
Have tons of: Skylanders figures, Mortal Kombat DLC codes, Square-Enix codes (ps3?), Armor of Brutus PS3 code, Revelations online pass PS3... please pm

#1168 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

I tried picking up a ME3 guide today. The worker called the supervisor over and decided to use a similar guide (CoD: Blops 2) to ring me up. I said no thanks, and only bought Bulletstorm and 2 PSP games for a total of $4.

#1169 JediKiller24

JediKiller24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

small drop at Gamestop today:

Max Payne 3
Guild Wars 2 hardcover guide

#1170 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

small drop at Gamestop today:

Max Payne 3

Guild Wars 2 hardcover guide

You sure? Still full price on both online.

Correction, both MP3 and Guildwars 2 (normal) showing $9.99, no pennied though