Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post) Last Drop on 3/26

• Please log in to reply
1929 replies to this topic

#91 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

Alright, I added Goldeneye and Ratchet and Clank to the OP.

I can confirm they pennied as well. Going to pick mine up tonight.

#92 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

830861 Ratchet and Clank All 4 One
830909 Goldeneye 007: Reloaded

#93 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

830861 Ratchet and Clank All 4 One
830909 Goldeneye 007: Reloaded

Thank you. Forgot to add those though I threw one of my tags out while I was still in the store.

#94 JSD

JSD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

I went in looking for the BF3 guide, but no dice. I did score on a DAII LE and a Homefront LE so it wasn't a total loss.

#95 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

My gamestop has a final fantasy 12 ce guide. Do you think it will be a penny?
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#96 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

My gamestop has a final fantasy 12 ce guide. Do you think it will be a penny?

Nope. It'll ring up $14.99; it was one of those guides that escaped penny-dropping.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#97 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

Okay, added R&C and 007 to the SKUs. Also, I changed the title to "Reduced Price "Penny" Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)" I think this will be a little more clear on what this thread is.

#98 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Quite a while back the title was changed from "penny guide" to "reduced guide" precisely so it wouldn't be blatantly advertised to lurkers. It would probably be a good idea to just leave it as "reduced guide".

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#99 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Is there a time table for when guides get pennied or is it just random ? I would like for the rage guides to get dropped
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#100 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Quite a while back the title was changed from "penny guide" to "reduced guide" precisely so it wouldn't be blatantly advertised to lurkers. It would probably be a good idea to just leave it as "reduced guide".

I agree.

Is there a time table for when guides get pennied or is it just random ? I would like for the rage guides to get dropped

No schedule, it's random.

#101 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Okay, added R&C and 007 to the SKUs. Also, I changed the title to "Reduced Price "Penny" Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post)" I think this will be a little more clear on what this thread is.

You forgot to add a link to the last guide thread(aka "Lucky Number 13") in the FAQ post.

Here's a link: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=287114

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#102 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

You forgot to add a link to the last guide thread(aka "Lucky Number 13") in the FAQ post.

Here's a link: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=287114

Actually it's embedded in the word. I was unable to embed the rest through some strange glitch.

You guys are right. I will change the title back.

#103 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

Thanks, DR. Considering how difficult obtaining guides has recently become any small advantage we can hold on to is good.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#104 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:23 AM

you forgot to add a link to the last guide thread(aka "unlucky number 13") in the faq post...

fixed!

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#105 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Hey guys, i had a great day of raiding gamestops today. I managed to get:

2x golden eye reloaded
2x red faction armageddon
1x battlefield 3 collectors edition

For 5 cents ! Now to either trade them for guides i want, sell them or just flip em. Anybody thats interested in these guides just let me know and we could work something out. Well im off to find more :)
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#106 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hey guys, i had a great day of raiding gamestops today. I managed to get:

2x golden she reloaded
2x red faction armageddon
1x battlefield 3 collectors edition

For 5 cents ! Now to either trade them for guides i want, sell them or just flip em. Anybody thats interested in these guides just let me know and we could work something out. Well im off to find more :)

I've been hunting for a new/sealed Battlefield 3 LE guide. I have guides to trade as well.

#107 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Ill be raiding gamestops and bestbuys tommorow. Ill post what i find so i can make trades with my fellow cheapies :)
Currently playing

#108 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

I grabbed an X-Men Destiny and a Goldeneye Reloaded. There were two more X-Mens, but I left them.

#109 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

this thread only makes me sad b/c I won't ever get another penny guide except for trades. And if I do manage to find one, I'm buying a lottery ticket the same day! -tagged anyways b/c I'm not a quitter!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#110 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

I rarely find penny guides anymore. Last time I found one at GS I was denied. Best Buy let me have one but they were told to pull the rest immediatly. I might have to make a trip to see if I can find Red Faction, Battlefield 3 or AC: Brotherhood.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#111 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:38 AM

I got X-Men Destiny and Goldeneye Reloaded. They had two more X-Men, but I thought I'd be pushing it considering he was pushing me into pre-ordering or buying something with the guide.

#112 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

I'm curious to ask this...

Years ago I use to buy a lot of guides. I collected them with games and have kept them throughout the years. Nowadays I buy them only sporadically.

Is there any way to check the perceived value on guides? I heard of people trading them into amazon as well.

I'd never get rid of anything in my personal collection I'm just wondering on what if any it's worth.

#113 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

Amazon trade in values for guides can be extremely low. There are a few exceptions. If you wish to know the value of your guides, compare the SELLING price on Amazon and completed transaction prices on ebay.

#114 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'm curious to ask this...

Years ago I use to buy a lot of guides. I collected them with games and have kept them throughout the years. Nowadays I buy them only sporadically.

Is there any way to check the perceived value on guides? I heard of people trading them into amazon as well.

I'd never get rid of anything in my personal collection I'm just wondering on what if any it's worth.

There really isn't any exact place. The only thing would be to check the Amazon listings and completed auctions on eBay.

I might go check around today for the most recent drop, as I haven't gone out yet. The annoying thing here is that if I go too north I end up in another district, where apparently the DM is an absolute lockdown. I have found many guides in those stores, but I am always denied. They always explain that they will get fired if they don't cut the guides in to three pieces and mail them back to the publisher. Haven't bothered to check any dumpsters.

#115 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

No pics from SEF yet ? hmmm . Was able to grab another R & C All4One if anyone is interested . A quick question , I was at BB to grab the new muppets blu and checked there guide section . It was overflowing with guides . All of the Guides ( Except 3 , ME3 , Halo Anniwhatever and SF vs. Tekken ) had a line on the barcode and the barcode had a huge X scribbled on it , what does that mean if anything ?
Posted Image

#116 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

thats means you shouldve grabbed them all they are pennied out not to be sold. you prolly just missed a GOLD MINE !!! no im just messing maybe lox or someone can fill us in. if i am right then dang i was only kidding but that could mean maybe best buy isnt over yet =)

#117 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

No pics from SEF yet ? hmmm . Was able to grab another R & C All4One if anyone is interested . A quick question , I was at BB to grab the new muppets blu and checked there guide section . It was overflowing with guides . All of the Guides ( Except 3 , ME3 , Halo Anniwhatever and SF vs. Tekken ) had a line on the barcode and the barcode had a huge X scribbled on it , what does that mean if anything ?

Woh, please list all fo the guides with an x or barcode crossed out. Usually that means the merchant is getting rid of them. Don't know if they are offically pennied out in the system but when that happens in book stores, it mean they are end of life items.

#118 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

the mods wouldn't let me do it lol. I emailed some pics to tesi yesturday since he didn't beleave me either. He was shocked :). As for new drops we should watch out for the Rage guide as its 9.99 now. It's only a matter of time before it gets pennied out and I really want a copy. You should have took all of those guides that you found or at least checked their price
Currently playing

#119 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

all i know is my bestbuys are BARREN!! so chances are maybe i am right if the barcodes are slashed out. last time i saw that was when i got some guides from a fellow cager on here that were pennied.

#120 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

Woh, please list all fo the guides with an x or barcode crossed out. Usually that means the merchant is getting rid of them. Don't know if they are offically pennied out in the system but when that happens in book stores, it mean they are end of life items.

That's because there are 2 barcodes, and this tells the cashier which one to scan (since the other wont work). Means nothing about them being pennied.