Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post) Last Drop on 3/26

• Please log in to reply
1943 replies to this topic

#1291 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Dark Souls was marked down to $5 then to $2.50 during their half off sale but it never got pennied out. MP3 And GW2 did. If your looking for MP3 and Dark Souls I have them for trade if your interested.

Does anyone know if the Dark Souls guide ever pennied at GS?

And I noticed that max Payne and guild wars 2 finally dropped off the site after a couple weeks.

Posted Image

#1292 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Do you have a sku for the Dark Souls guide? I'd like to get a store to look for it nearby first.

#1293 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Do you have a sku for the Dark Souls guide? I'd like to get a store to look for it nearby first.

SKU? Best buy never carried this guide.

#1294 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

SKU? Best buy never carried this guide.

SKU = Stock Keeping Unit. Not exclusive to Best Buy.

#1295 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

SKU = Stock Keeping Unit. Not exclusive to Best Buy.

True though I've never heard it used at any of my GameStop stores.

#1296 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Yeah, the 6 digit number on the price tags. (also called a sku in the stock search URL on the website)

#1297 Dead_Batteries

Dead_Batteries

Voltaic Pile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Checking my receipt for when I bought the Dark Souls guide. Hopefully this SKU is correct since it's a bit faded. 830890

#1298 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Ugh, took me about 20 minutes waiting for a manager to see if they'll give me a Rage guide.

#1299 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Dark Souls did penny.

And some plants vs zombies boxed thing with a figure or something also did, I believe.

#1300 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

the final fantasy 13-2 and resi evil 6 guides interest me. unlike gamestop however im never nearly as lucky when it comes to penny guides and bestbuy lol
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#1301 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

I got a free Mortal Kombat prima guide at Walmart today. I was actually looking for AC 3 CE to PM best buy but didn't find one. I price check the MK guide on a scanner and it said ask associate for help. I checked out it didn't scan. Manager came and just gave it to me. There were other old guides there, but didn't scan them. This is really YMMV since it is Walmart.

This would be pretty cool if Walmart started giving the guides like this but it won't happen :(

Allso got Mass Effect 3 at BB

#1302 opunity

opunity

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

I went to my local Best Buy a few days ago and saw that they had Mass Effect 3 and FFXIII-2 CE. When I went to checkout, the lady scanned them and it said Not For Sale. They called a manager over and he went to the back. When he came out he said he had a SKU for each one and that they would be 4.99 each. Of course when he put in the SKU it came up Not For Sale. So I left empty handed.

#1303 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

Tried getting Rage but he said it's a bundle with purchase of the game.

#1304 mariokart64

mariokart64

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

dunno if its been posted. best buy has halo 4 and assassins creed 3 collectors edition guides for 7 bucks. the regular editions for 5. dont think its available for shipping but u can check locations near you. picked up ac3 collectors guide.

#1305 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

dunno if its been posted. best buy has halo 4 and assassins creed 3 collectors edition guides for 7 bucks. the regular editions for 5. dont think its available for shipping but u can check locations near you. picked up ac3 collectors guide.

There's a thread about that, but yeah, I guess this is a "Reduced Price Guide"

http://www.cheapassg...=340165&page=12

#1306 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Went into Best Buy today and was able to get Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance for free from a manager. They had RE6 and Operation Raccoon City but I thought I was pushing it with Kingdom Hearts as it was. I'll have to try again. xD

#1307 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Little off-topic, but 2 questions for you guys:

1. Anybody here have an opinion on the ACIII CE guide? I've only played some of the 2nd one but I like nice guides and this seems like a good one to pick up.

2. When did ME3 guides get pennied out at GS? I was in one a couple weeks ago and I swear it still had full-price stickers on it.

#1308 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Little off-topic, but 2 questions for you guys:

1. Anybody here have an opinion on the ACIII CE guide? I've only played some of the 2nd one but I like nice guides and this seems like a good one to pick up.

2. When did ME3 guides get pennied out at GS? I was in one a couple weeks ago and I swear it still had full-price stickers on it.

The ACIII guide is nice, hardcover guide, lenticular inside that is numbered and a fold out poster made of heavier paper is in the back

tl;dr I've gotten worse deals with $7 and have been satisfied

ALSO

Anyone that picked up the following pennied guides, I would be willing to pay a few bucks + shipping cost PM me to work out a deal

Assassin's Creed: Revelations , and Any other AC except 3
Darksiders 2 as well as 1
Kingdom Hearts except 358/2 days
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword prefer the CE one

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#1309 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

AC:R pennied? Check price on Sunday when I pick up ACIII CE and rang up full price.

#1310 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

AC:R pennied? Check price on Sunday when I pick up ACIII CE and rang up full price.

I saw one today while at Best Buy. Thought about checking if it would ring up a penny but didn't have the time.

#1311 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Went to best buy today and saw a Mario kart 7 guide and a penny price tag. The guide was in a stack of other random guides on random shelve In the video game section, the price tag was under the 3ds games. Anyway, I tried to buy it and it came up as do not sell. Long story short, one employee said another was supposed to throw them out in the dumpster behind the store yesterday but apparently never did. She also said any employee caught giving it to a customer would be fired on the spot. Seems like dumb policy to me. They would rather throw out the game guides than sell them to a customer. I made sure to take the survey online as I did purchase two copies of pikmin 2.

#1312 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I saw one today while at Best Buy. Thought about checking if it would ring up a penny but didn't have the time.

Check the OP it Pennied at GS in June 2012.

#1313 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

OK, I have to ask. How are you guys getting these deals? Do you just ask for prices on the guides you want? Do you ask them if they have any "penny guides"? I've never even heard of "penny guides" until reading this thread.

660090.png 660091.png

#1314 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

OK, I have to ask. How are you guys getting these deals? Do you just ask for prices on the guides you want? Do you ask them if they have any "penny guides"? I've never even heard of "penny guides" until reading this thread.

Nah, homie. Just act surprised when the guide rings up for a penny. Nowadays it been tough to walk out with penny guide. Best Buy deletes the SKU for pennied guides so they can't sell them. Extremely YMMV if they'll even let you buy it. Gamestop has been on point lately with pulling guide when they get pennied. Even if your local store has then they still doesn't guaranteed the employee let's you buy it.

#1315 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

Nah, homie. Just act surprised when the guide rings up for a penny. Nowadays it been tough to walk out with penny guide. Best Buy deletes the SKU for pennied guides so they can't sell them. Extremely YMMV if they'll even let you buy it. Gamestop has been on point lately with pulling guide when they get pennied. Even if your local store has then they still doesn't guaranteed the employee let's you buy it.

Well that's not cool. :roll:

660090.png 660091.png

#1316 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Well that's not cool. :roll:

What part?

#1317 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

What part?

Best Buy deleting the SKU so they can't sell it. Just don't wanna let em go for a penny.

660090.png 660091.png

#1318 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Best Buy deleting the SKU so they can't sell it. Just don't wanna let em go for a penny.

They're not supposed to sell them for a penny. They were never intended to be sold for a penny, that was just a marker to show they were to pulled and destroyed. Anytime you get a penny guide consider it a gift because no one has a right to them.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#1319 TheLounge

TheLounge

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

I tried the Revelations guides @ a nearby BB and the price scan didn't show them as a penny :/ I already plat'd the game and didn't even like it, but I am a big fan of the series overall... So it would've been great for my collection of AC stuff.
:booty: Working on the last few trophies on JustCause2 plat :booty:

Looking for: GCs to BB
Have tons of: Skylanders figures, Mortal Kombat DLC codes, Square-Enix codes (ps3?), Armor of Brutus PS3 code, Revelations online pass PS3... please pm

#1320 enigma

enigma

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Finally scored one. Took Resident Evil: ORC up to checkout and it said it was unavailable to sell. At first they said they just couldn't sell it, which I said was fine, but one of the shift managers tracked me down in games after that and told me he'd give it to me for a penny. I actually got it for free though because it wouldn't scan, so he just told the cashier to give it to me. Win. :)