Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post) Last Drop on 3/26

• Please log in to reply
1931 replies to this topic

#1321 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

got FFXIII-2 Collector's Guide for free at BB. I tried to grab it the other night and the manager said no. The next day I was looking at iPads and she came up to me and handed it to me. Maybe I should have taken her to the back and shown appreciation.

#1322 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

got FFXIII-2 Collector's Guide for free at BB. I tried to grab it the other night and the manager said no. The next day I was looking at iPads and she came up to me and handed it to me. Maybe I should have taken her to the back and shown appreciation.

:applause:

I was at Gamestop buying a Gamecube and I asked the manager if he had any penny guides and he thought for a minute and then went to the back. Came back 10 seconds later with a Fallout: New Vegas guide and a MW3 guide. Rang up as a penny each but since I was paying with a card, he said that they'd actually lose money on it, so he just gave them to me. :D

Edited by FlyingAce39, 23 March 2013 - 05:53 PM.

660090.png 660091.png

#1323 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

I think I saw someone mention a guide being out of the system at WalMart. NFL blitz 03 for ps2 is also. Although NFL gameday 2004 ps2 is still $30.

#1324 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

:applause:

I was at Gamestop buying a Gamecube and I asked the manager if he had any penny guides and he thought for a minute and then went to the back. Came back 10 seconds later with Fallout: New Vegas guide and a MW3 guide. Rang up as a penny each but since I was paying with a card, he said that they'd actually lose money on it, so he just gave them to me. :D

My GS would not be as cool with that. Well, most of the employees there wouldn't be anyway. Congrats, that was pretty cool of them to do. I'll have to try this at some Gamestops in the near-future.

#1325 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

My GS would not be as cool with that. Well, most of the employees there wouldn't be anyway. Congrats, that was pretty cool of them to do. I'll have to try this at some Gamestops in the near-future.

Well, there are 3 Gamestops in my area. One of them is wound tighter than a guitar string. The other one is not quite so bad. They're pretty by-the-books, but they're very personable. And the Gamestop I regularly go to, which is the one I've been going to since it was "EB Games", is very laid back. The employees aren't total tight-asses. The manager also knows me because I'm in there a lot. :roll:

660090.png 660091.png

#1326 Namurashi

Namurashi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

Well, there are 3 Gamestops in my area. One of them is wound tighter than a guitar string. The other one is not quite so bad. They're pretty by-the-books, but they're very personable. And the Gamestop I regularly go to, which is the one I've been going to since it was "EB Games", is very laid back. The employees aren't total tight-asses. The manager also knows me because I'm in there a lot. :roll:

There are around 3 or 4 in my area. The one closest to me just had to be the one with a bunch of blokes with their panties in a bunch. Wouldn't mind driving around to see if I can grab some goodies by asking though. Thanks for the heads up.

#1327 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

I snagged a collector's edition FF XII-2 guide today at Best Buy. I got them to sell me it for .99! I was pretty happy about that.

#1328 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Amazon has the Diablo III paperback guide down to $3.29

Any thoughts from the PC dudes on if this guide is outdated? I am planning on getting the game for PS3 later this year, and was gonna get the guide now - assuming it is still relevant. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#1329 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Amazon has the Diablo III paperback guide down to $3.29

Any thoughts from the PC dudes on if this guide is outdated? I am planning on getting the game for PS3 later this year, and was gonna get the guide now - assuming it is still relevant. Thanks in advance for any replies.

The DIII guide would be completely useless at this point. Pretty much everything is out of date now.

I guess buy it if you want the extra lore and artwork to look at, but the statistical data and item indexes are obsolete.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#1330 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

The DIII guide would be completely useless at this point. Pretty much everything is out of date now.

I guess buy it if you want the extra lore and artwork to look at, but the statistical data and item indexes are obsolete.

That is what I figured, I shall pass then, even at that price. Thanks man. Perhaps they will release an updated edition once the PS3/4 versions come out. Thanks again!

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#1331 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

We need more gamestop penny drops :(
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1332 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Here's a Halo 3 guide for someone. $1.99 brand new. I already have one, so I can tell you first hand that it is a nice guide. Very informative.

http://www.amazon.co...e&condition=new

660090.png 660091.png

#1333 Namurashi

Namurashi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Here's a Halo 3 guide for someone. $1.99 brand new. I already have one, so I can tell you first hand that it is a nice guide. Very informative.

http://www.amazon.co...e&condition=new

This would be great with Prime but if you can make it to your local BBY you'd save on shipping if you don't.

#1334 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

This would be great with Prime but if you can make it to your local BBY you'd save on shipping if you don't.

Well, it's not available anymore, so I guess it doesn't matter anyways.

660090.png 660091.png

#1335 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

We need more gamestop penny drops :(

What we need are more drops between msrp and pulling off the shelves

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#1336 Exhausted Dad

Exhausted Dad

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

I live in Va and am very lucky to ever get penny guides since the BB treasure trove ended, but just started working in Ill recently and made a pretty good score at the GS here. Battlefield 3, 2 ff 13-2, Prototype 2, Ninja Gaiden, Game of Thrones and Silent Hill Downpour :applause:

#1337 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

My Gamestop threw out a shitload of guides on Wednesday in the trash... Too bad some of the covers was slashed :mad:

Many Fallout NV and Assassin Creeds

#1338 IndelibleSin

IndelibleSin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

My Gamestop threw out a shitload of guides on Wednesday in the trash... Too bad some of the covers was slashed :mad:

Many Fallout NV and Assassin Creeds

We need a complete list!!! Assuming some new drops are in there!

#1339 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

not a guide, but the blops2 shirts pennied at GS. Also, a way of checking if there's a chance something pennied at GS: go to the GS.com stock check page for any item. Replace the sku in the link with the one from whatever you found in store. If the page loads it isn't pennied. If it kicks you back to the GS homepage, there's a decent chance it is pennied.

the sku is the six digit code to the left of the date the sticker was printed

#1340 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

i went into a gamestop earlier that ive never been inside of before so i naturally had to memorize the layout and stuff. sure enough i found that they have a spinning guide rack and i found a red dead redemption goty guide just sitting there. i rushed and grabbed it right away lol. this guide is rare if im not mistaken
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1341 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

i went into a gamestop earlier that ive never been inside of before so i naturally had to memorize the layout and stuff. sure enough i found that they have a spinning guide rack and i found a red dead redemption goty guide just sitting there. i rushed and grabbed it right away lol. this guide is rare if im not mistaken

So I've heard, but why is it rare? Lol

xivpads.png

#1342 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

So I've heard, but why is it rare? Lol

Well it's just valuble mostly (Around $50 to some people), popular/award winning games with GOTY Hardcover guides tend to fetch pretty pennies. Rare because it's Valuble now. Can still be bought on the brady games site though, but regardless, this for free is nice.

#1343 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Well it's just valuble mostly (Around $50 to some people), popular/award winning games with GOTY Hardcover guides tend to fetch pretty pennies. Rare because it's Valuble now. Can still be bought on the brady games site though, but regardless, this for free is nice.

Actually, you really can't buy it direct from Bradygames. I ordered one in January and it has been backordered ever since. I don't think I will be seeing my copy.

Has anyone else had an order filled in the last 4 months?

#1344 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Actually, you really can't buy it direct from Bradygames. I ordered one in January and it has been backordered ever since. I don't think I will be seeing my copy.

Maybe if everyone places an order, they will reprint ;)

#1345 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

I too ordered one from the BradyGames site a month-ish ago. Still 'Processing'. I certainly hope it will be fulfilled, but I am not holding my breath.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#1346 invizibleskratchpikl

invizibleskratchpikl

Standing On My Pedals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Sorry for the late update. Long day.

GS Drops 4/10/13

Kingdom Hearts BBS
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

#1347 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Sorry for the late update. Long day.

GS Drops 4/10/13

Kingdom Hearts BBS
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Not a problem, we appreciate the updates! :)

Edit: OP is updated. Also, please note that Birth By Sleep had already dropped at some point previously.

#1348 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

just xcom ? awww :( oh well ill snag one and call it a day i guess
Currently playing

#1349 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

thanks for sharing the interesting info about the red dead goty guide...now i am thinking about selling mine. my sealed copy has been on the bookshelf for over a year now.

i recently sold my sealed borderlands goty for $125 on amazon (bought with a 50% off coupon at best buy when i came across it randomly at the store). turns out the buyer lived less than 2 miles from me. too bad they wouldn't answer my emails because i was ready to deliver it myself to save shipping cost for both of us.

i have a bad habit of buying guides and never using them because it takes so long before i get to the game in my backlog. but it has allowed the rare guides to appreciate in value so i suppose it has worked out for me :)

#1350 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

$125 for Borderlands GOTY ? Got two unopened ones will have to see if I can get something for them and try to move my RDR GOTY guide as well. Thanks for the info TN
Posted Image