Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post) Last Drop on 3/26

• Please log in to reply
1921 replies to this topic

#1441 delainez

delainez

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

Well the list is only about 30 games probably but I'll post it when I get home.
shockingly I just picked up a .02 copy of friends that is cib.

I can probably make one if its actually something that people want. If theres interest in it,  Im pretty sure I can list almost all of them.

Yes, please - that would be much appreciated.

#1442 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

Spoiler

Here's the 107 I have run across in the past few days.  There were some more in a store I was in today, but I was sadly in a hurry and could only grab some of them.  Hopefully I can get back there sometime soon.  I'll add skus to the rest later, but for now they're only in there for ones that had some of the title cut off on the list I got printed.

#1443 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Oh, and the $.02 PS2 games are a great way to rack up PUR points.

For 3 purchases in the past 3 days combining to $2.60 in credit spent, I have received 2684 PUR points.

No clue how, but it racks them up real quick!

#1444 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

Made the list also. This is pretty much ALL of them (give or take a few that I may have missed..Ill upate those later. Some of the sports games may be a bit off.

Go Nuts! But remember, they technically arent supposed to sell you these, and the chances of you finding these now are pretty slim, BUT they ARE out there. (in the past 8 months, Ive found and bought ~70% of these)

My advice lol dont get TOO excited, because like I said, they are quite hard to find.

As Promised: 

Spoiler

Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#1445 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

To be fair, $34.99 is the price on the guide (MGR:R CE).  The price is clearly marked by the publisher.  BBY is under no obligation to sell it to you at a discount or give it to you for free since it is no longer in the system.  The manager is right - if you don't want to buy it at the price marked on the guide, you don't have to - at least he offered to sell it to you vs. telling you that you couldn't buy it. 

This isn't about customer service, this is about common sense.  If you walk into McDonalds and you don't like the price of a Big Mac, McDonalds isn't going to sell it to you at a discount or give it to you for free.  The expectation of anything else isn't the fault of McDonalds.

but if sat on that shelf for $34.99 and no one bought it, why did the manager not try to get it out the door at $15 - 20,  my Best Buy used to mark down guides before they would go out of system.  I got several good deals.

Because Best Buy clearances are YMMV? I've seen lots of threads where additional "clearance" / "reduced price" items at one Best Buy are still full price at the ones near me.

Plus, just because something isn't selling (or if it's not showing up for sale), doesn't give employees / managers discresion to just give it a massive discount (or hand it out for free). A person who does do that is probably extremely confident in their authority, or doesn't know / care about losing their job.

All valid points.  Most of us are here to try and get deals on game related goods.  Some might see getting penny guides as an exploit to a system.  Others may feel that because the retail price checker can't find a price that they should get it for free. I don't really care either way.  Did I storm out upset and make a scene because I didn't get something for free? No.  Was I a little bummed that some people walk off with two or three guides whenever there's a drop. Yes.  The guide just doesn't hold any value over a penny to me, so I didn't buy it.  I just hate knowing that a perfectly good book is going to end up at the bottom of a landfill because it wasn't purchased at its full retail price.  I didn't mean to sound "entitled" in any way as I don't think I or anyone here has the "right" to free or discounted goods. It's just unfortunate when you know resources are being wasted. And I like to share my stories and see how others have fared when trying to get these deals too.  :)

The  MSRP or null is a terrible way to sell anything.   I bet a lot more would fly out the door with 20-40% off sales

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#1446 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

Made the list also. This is pretty much ALL of them (give or take a few that I may have missed..Ill upate those later. Some of the sports games may be a bit off.

Go Nuts! But remember, they technically arent supposed to sell you these, and the chances of you finding these now are pretty slim, BUT they ARE out there. (in the past 8 months, Ive found and bought ~70% of these)

My advice lol dont get TOO excited, because like I said, they are quite hard to find.

<snip>

To add, NHL 2k3 is .02

Sitting Ducks MAY be $.02, because it was .99 late last year, but I can't confirm it. (SKU = 938866 for anyone who wants to check it)

Oh, and MLB Slugfest Loaded is essentially the 2005 version from what I found on the web.

#1447 Allwhowander

Allwhowander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Picked up Super Mario Galaxy 2 for a penny today at Toys "R" Us.

#1448 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

If you have it, you may want to toss your Far Cry 3 guides on Amazon now.

#1449 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Lol! What? Why is it worth so much???

xivpads.png

#1450 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

I really don't know. 

#1451 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

No guide should be worth $70-$80 dollars. I can't imagine ever playing that much for one.

#1452 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

No guide should be worth $70-$80 dollars. I can't imagine ever playing that much for one.

Other than some of the CE ones(Fallout 3 GOTY for example) I agree.

Here's a PS3 copy of FC3 with the Stragity guide for cheap: http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e7bffba4c

Oh, and regarding those $.02 PS2 games, as near as I can tell there's about 361 of them.

#1453 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Lol! What? Why is it worth so much???

Those are pretty much all drop shippers. The guide is NOT worth that much, nor is there that much demand for it, people don't seem to understand some thing's people just DON'T buy/sell on amazon. Check ebay right now, the average sold price is right what you think it should be. Amazon is not a good place to value item's against for future reference.

#1454 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Not to mention the groups with autoprice programs that have things like a madden guide for $500 or something similarly ridiculous.

#1455 invizibleskratchpikl

invizibleskratchpikl

Standing On My Pedals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

No guide drops yesterday. But there are these:

GS Drop 6/19/13
Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space 3, and Metal Gear Rising shirts (S-XXL).

#1456 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:33 AM

No guide drops yesterday. But there are these:

GS Drop 6/19/13
Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space 3, and Metal Gear Rising shirts (S-XXL).

Thanks! The OP has been updated!

I still can't figure out why the GameStop list won't go into custom spoilers. I put it in, but it just creates a blank button. If any of you guys can figure it out, I will mail you a cookie (okay, maybe not).

For anyone wondering,

If you quote me and look at the coding, you can see that this is in the middle of the custom spoiler.

#1457 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

You might want to make clear in the op that Dead Space and Bioshock are the shirts and not the guides.

#1458 invizibleskratchpikl

invizibleskratchpikl

Standing On My Pedals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

I'll edit this post to see if there were any other drops. Currently in the backroom having lunch before I clock in, and noticed another guide drop on the table.

GS 7/24/13
Resident Evil 6 (Regular)

#1459 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

I'll edit this post to see if there were any other drops. Currently in the backroom having lunch before I clock in, and noticed another guide drop on the table.

GS 7/24/13
Resident Evil 6 (Regular)

EDIT: I was looking at the CE version and it has an odd price of $18.50.  Might pick that up with the half off sale going on.

#1460 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

EDIT: I was looking at the CE version and it has an odd price of $18.50.  Might pick that up with the half off sale going on.

Didn't the strategy guide sale end Tuesday night?

#1461 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

Didn't the strategy guide sale end Tuesday night?

If you add a guide to your cart on GS.com, it gives you the discount. The deal expires 7/30. I'm not sure about in-store, though.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#1462 enigma

enigma

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

Can someone redirect me to that GameStop thread about the 50% off guides? I believe there was a coupon to print out for store use but I can't find the thread now. Thanks!

#1463 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

Can someone redirect me to that GameStop thread about the 50% off guides? I believe there was a coupon to print out for store use but I can't find the thread now. Thanks!

As I recall, there was no coupon.  It was in last week's GS ad thread.

EDIT: Found it here:

http://www.cheapassg...top-ends-73113/

#1464 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

If you add a guide to your cart on GS.com, it gives you the discount. The deal expires 7/30. I'm not sure about in-store, though.

Just picked up the Hardcover Skyrim guide today for $20 in Lewisburg.

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

Designed by Lilchiji

#1465 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

Just picked up the Hardcover Skyrim guide today for $20 in Lewisburg.

Thanks for the confirmation. I need to track down a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon guide since it's sold out online.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#1466 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

Thanks for the confirmation. I need to track down a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon guide since it's sold out online.

Bonus

my card (note i have the FREE card) gave me an extra 10% off MSRP  aka final value was 60% off

employee said ALL should  give the extra bonus

Designed by Lilchiji

#1467 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

Cool. Might try and snag resident evil. They have some in my local store earlier. Hopefully its still there later

#1468 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

Randomly noticed a price drop on Amazon:

Gears of War 3: LE Hardcover Guide - $8.28

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#1469 IndelibleSin

IndelibleSin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

Can anyone confirm Resident Evil 6 as a penny? My GameStop has like 20 of them...

#1470 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

Can anyone confirm Resident Evil 6 as a penny? My GameStop has like 20 of them...

Were they a penny there? Because otherwise they just happen to have 20 of a guide that nobody is buying, excess stock does not a penny guide make.