Reduced Price Guide Thread XIV (FAQ in 2nd Post) Last Drop on 3/26

• Please log in to reply
1924 replies to this topic

#121 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

That's because there are 2 barcodes, and this tells the cashier which one to scan (since the other wont work). Means nothing about them being pennied.

my thoughts exactly

#122 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

The BestBuy literally had 100 + guides marked . I cant imagine they would be pennied out that would leave them with 8 - 9 guides . Although if it turns out that they are I will grab them shitz and try to spread the wealth . I think BB is trying to mind f ' me .
Posted Image

#123 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

The BestBuy literally had 100 + guides marked . I cant imagine they would be pennied out that would leave them with 8 - 9 guides . Although if it turns out that they are I will grab them shitz and try to spread the wealth . I think BB is trying to mind f ' me .

You gotta get those suckers scanned and post any drops if you find any. Hopefully there are new ones as there hasn't been any bestbuy guide drop updates for a while
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#124 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

As posted above, BBY routinely marks through, crosses out or places a sticker over the ISBN barcode so the cashier can only scan the UPC barcode. The ISBN barcode does not work. Seeing the ISBN covered/marked is no reason to get excited.

#125 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

I finally saw a copy of the Final Fantasy XII guide with the slipcover at Gamestop. I'm surprised that they really haven't gotten rid of it yet, and it was already worse for the wear.

Batsugunner.png

#126 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

I went to gs today and I found out that the halo anniversary guide dropped to 9.99. Rage and the dragon age 2 standered edition guide are also at 9.99. I'm getting all 3 scanned once a week untill they get pennied as its only a matter of time for those 3. Anyone found new drops yet ?
Currently playing

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#127 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

I went to gs today and I found out that the halo anniversary guide dropped to 9.99. Rage and the dragon age 2 standered edition guide are also at 9.99. I'm getting all 3 scanned once a week untill they get pennied as its only a matter of time for those 3. Anyone found new drops yet ?

jesus man, you can burn your self out like that! thats some dedication. I used to love going out, but just too discouraged now. I do try to pay attention to any trends, but nothing really has been out of place except the destroy order a few weeks ago and the subsequent re-organizing..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#128 Ultragamer

Ultragamer

Or so they say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Nothing dropped off the site and I haven't heard anything from my sources. So don't burn yourself out, there's normally no more than 1 drop a month at GS except around holiday, the fact we had 2 this month(albeit small) I wouldn't go looking for another one until April personally.

#129 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

Tagged!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#130 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

Nothing dropped off the site and I haven't heard anything from my sources. So don't burn yourself out, there's normally no more than 1 drop a month at GS except around holiday, the fact we had 2 this month(albeit small) I wouldn't go looking for another one until April personally.

I'm not burning myself out lol. The gs is right by my home and I'm always walking by it so its no big deal to me. Hopefully your sources have more to report soon :)
Currently playing

#131 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

Is it ok to ask the GS employee to print out a copy of Guides they have in-store / storage? Or are they not allowed to do that?

#132 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

Is it ok to ask the GS employee to print out a copy of Guides they have in-store / storage? Or are they not allowed to do that?

They used to hand me print outs of all the PS2 games they had in stock, so I don't see why not. Of course I wouldn't rely on it as accurate if you get one.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#133 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

They used to hand me print outs of all the PS2 games they had in stock, so I don't see why not. Of course I wouldn't rely on it as accurate if you get one.

I see. Thanks! I'll probably try one of these days. Probably try when they don't have much people inside the store... hehe!

#134 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

Tagged!

And I removed them. Let's not be an asshole. If you want to hate on forum members, you can do that somewhere else.

#135 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

I finally saw a copy of the Final Fantasy XII guide with the slipcover at Gamestop. I'm surprised that they really haven't gotten rid of it yet, and it was already worse for the wear.

Unfortunately it was one of a few items that slipped through the markdown schedules at several retailers(:ps2:Mark Of Kri at Kmart being the other one that I remember) while everything else around the same age as it was being marked down and/or pennied out.

And I removed them. Let's not be an asshole. If you want to hate on forum members, you can do that somewhere else.

What kinda tag(s) did you remove, if I may ask? I assume they probably had something to do with ME, eh? Either way, I thought that people only posted 'tagged' to subscribe to threads rather than using the drop down menu at the top of the threads and subscribing that way?

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#136 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

What kinda tag(s) did you remove, if I may ask? I assume they probably had something to do with ME, eh? Either way, I thought that people only posted 'tagged' to subscribe to threads rather than using the drop down menu at the top of the threads and subscribing that way?

That's what I thought. I didn't even think to look at the tags.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#137 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

Unfortunately it was one of a few items that slipped through the markdown schedules at several retailers(:ps2:Mark Of Kri at Kmart being the other one that I remember) while everything else around the same age as it was being marked down and/or pennied out.

That's what I thought. I didn't even think to look at the tags.

You know what, I apologize. He may not have been the one who tagged things. I was just assuming as he posted that when I saw them.

Using tags such as "BBY ruined" "IATCG ruined BBY" will be deleted. However, people are welcome to add appropriate tags. Also, feel free to rate the thread. (Better be 5* :D)

#138 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:36 AM

:lol: Good to know the lynch mob is still in full effect. I'd offer to sell them torches and pitchforks, but chances are they'd try lowballing me on them.:booty:

Posted Image

#139 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

Are people still hating on my friend iatcg ? Lmao get a life people. Don't worry dude I got your back :)
Currently playing

#140 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

Are people still hating on my friend iatcg ? Lmao get a life people. Don't worry dude I got your back :)

People are always gonna bitch about something. You shoulda seen when I first found out about pennied guides. The hauls I had(20+ of one guide many times) and all of the bitching that people did in this thread about my hoarding. Those were amusing times.:booty:

Posted Image

#141 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

Hey Cags this may be YMMV but my Best Buy store has a bunch of guides on clearance.
$9.99 Hardcover (all CE's):
BF3
TES: Skyrim
FFXIII-2
Gears of War 3
Uncharted 3

$4.99 Softcover:
BF3
Saints Row 3
..i forget the rest of the paparbacks :/. The only thing that sucks is they decided to put a HUGE C on colored paper and taped it to the plastic. Good luck getting it off while still keeping it sealed. Not 100% sure if it's a universal drop or not.

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg

#142 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

Hey Cags this may be YMMV but my Best Buy store has a bunch of guides on clearance.
BF3
FFXIII-2
Gears of War 3
Uncharted 3

$4.99 Softcover:
BF3
Saints Row 3
..i forget the rest of the paparbacks :/. The only thing that sucks is they decided to put a HUGE C on colored paper and taped it to the plastic. Good luck getting it off while still keeping it sealed. Not 100% sure if it's a universal drop or not.

Oh wow thanks for this potentially great info ! I'm going to bestbuy tommorow to check this out
Currently playing

#143 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

He said Best Buy lol.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#144 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

Almost certainly YMMV. Clearance at BBY varies widely from store to store. This sounds like a media manager gone wild.

#145 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

He said Best Buy lol.

Yeah. I just noticed that.#-o Hopefully this is chain wide, since I will likely pick up the Skyrim guide and maybe even the Saint's Row 3 one if the offer for the DLC code with it is still good.

Posted Image

#146 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

People are always gonna bitch about something. You shoulda seen when I first found out about pennied guides. The hauls I had(20+ of one guide many times) and all of the bitching that people did in this thread about my hoarding. Those were amusing times.:booty:

Yep. Who was the guy who made a chair out of them? I know it wasn't you, but I do remember a guy doing that.

BF3
FFXIII-2
Gears of War 3
Uncharted 3

$4.99 Softcover:
BF3
Saints Row 3

Sounds YMMV. Who knows? Maybe a new tactic to actually get something other than credit for their guides?

#147 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:08 AM

I would pick up FFXIII-2 CE for $9.99.

#148 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

Im going to so hoard those skyrim guides and pick up an uncharted 3 for myself if this is chain wide
Currently playing

#149 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

Yep. Who was the guy who made a chair out of them? I know it wasn't you, but I do remember a guy doing that.

That could've been me at one point, since I used to have 600+ sitting here.:cry: I sold them in bulk to the one local game shop. Most of them weren't worth squat on the open market anyway and the local shop still has about 2/3's of the cluttering up their back room.:lol:

Sounds YMMV. Who knows? Maybe a new tactic to actually get something other than credit for their guides?

I can still remember during the Genesis days when guides were $9.99 to $14.99 at MOST. Now the lowest priced one is $19.99 and we have guides going for $39.99 or MORE on the high end.

This is for information that's mostly readily available on the internet as it is.

Im going to so hoard those skyrim guides and pick up an uncharted 3 for myself if this is chain wide

If the Oblivion guide is any indication, I would hold off on hoarding the Skyrim guides. There were at least 3-4 versions of the Oblivion guide and ONLY the last one(GOTY edition one) is really worth much nowadays. I know. I had about 10-12 of one of the first editions of the Oblivion guide.

Posted Image

#150 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:12 AM

I would have hoarded them but, eh not a fan of a huge C on my guides, unless I plan on opening them of course

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg