Carded for a Teen Rated Game

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 digitaldragoon

digitaldragoon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

I had the oddest experience the other day. I was out with my five year old daughter searching for Skylanders across McHenry county and our search led us to Sears. No Skylanders (except the starter packs) but I picked up a copy of Masamune: The Demon Blade for Wii for about 6 bucks.

When we reached the checkout, the cashier looked at the ESRB rating and immediately asked me for an ID. I was kind of taken aback because I'm 30 and the game is rated T. I produced my driver's license and inquired if this was now policy to card for T games as well as M. The cashier assured me that this was the norm.

Has anyone else experienced this?

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Yes but only at Walmart. Most retailers are me for my date of birth and that is it. I think some retailers have to enter something as a DOB prompt pops up for "M" rated games. For teen games it's alittle bit extreme

#3 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

You should feel pretty good about it. If you don't now, you will in a few years. LOL.
Posted Image

#4 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

I've never been carded for a game, I'd feel very weird if someone asked me for ID.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#5 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

Not for a game, but I get carded buying compressed duster air all the time.